Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 10:52 AM   #271  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

CMON PEOPLE!!!!!

If I have to keep talking to myself I might just tell you things you DONT want to know!!!!

Yoga last night kicked my butt. Or more precisely my hip flexors. We did a pose series where we held lunge for had to be 10-15 minutes while moving from pose to pose (WI, WII, side angle, reverse twist lunge, etc. etc. etc. ) Holy mother of God. Then we got to do the other side.

Workout this morning 15 min Xtrainer, MTC D4 with 11 burpees, Intervals on the treadmill 2 min on 2 recovery from 7.3 to 7.8, 15 min Xtrainer.

Wish me willpower today. I am baking cookies this morning to take to a holiday cookie exchange party where generally dozens of cookies are ingested. I would skip it but with dh working 80 hours a week and my gym buddies in full holiday slump I havent talked to an adult in weeks. I'm starting to make overly enthusiastic conversation with nearly strangers at the gym.

Last edited by ennay; 12-15-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:46 PM   #272  
Restarting AGAIN

S/C/G: 167/114/140/see ticker/105

Height: not quite 5'

I'm here...but still recovering form the stomach flu my beloved children brought home ... The saltines and ginger ale diet does appear to have been effective, though I can't really recommend it. I plan to be back at the gym tomorrow. Even if I weren't still feeling a bit off, I have too many errands to run today to make it to the gym and a little afraid of the limited bathroom availability running outside.
Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #273  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Saltines and ginger ale..mmm.mmmm.... My MIL was preggo with dh in 1965 - as a navy wife. At that time navy doctors believed you should only gain 15 lbs during pregnancy, no more. None in the first trimester, 5 in the second trimester, 10 in the third. When she gained more than her allotted weight 2 checkups in a row they said that she had to come in weekly to be weighed and if she gained more than her allotted weight she would be forcibly admitted to the hospital to have her food portioned and monitored for her. (actually she was required to LOSE 2 lbs in 2 weeks as well) So every friday, saturday and sunday for the remainder of her pregnancy she ate nothing but saltines and celery in prep for her weigh in monday mornings.

While there is a definite genetic tendency to shortness in that family, I cant help but wonder if this contributed to dh's current 5'3" stature.

Can you tell I havent talked to an adult in weeks?

On the upside 16 of my cookies slipped off the parchment paper and in to the oven shattering instantly. This means that after I take my required cookies to the mixer tonight there will only be 2 dozen left for family and dh's coworkers. Should have those things gone before temptation hits. (I am usually iron strong for 2 days and then I weaken) Plus I am sure cleaning the debris out of the oven (it was the first batch so its now carmelized burned debris) will burn at LEAST 100 calories, maybe 200.

Last edited by ennay; 12-15-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #274  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

So I completely and totally forgot to do the challenge today. I went downstairs to exercise and planned on doing the challenge afterwards and . . . forgot! How does one do that? <sigh> Way too much going on in my head right now. Anyway I'll do the challenge tomorrow. How 'bout everyone else? Come on don't make me be the only one!!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #275  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

heh - that was me yesterday with the burpee challenge. I went to the gym while the car was in one shop and rowed, fully intending to do the burpees at the end....remembered on the walk back to the shop. Went for a run around noon and intended to do them after. ...remembered after I was already showered and in not compatible clothing. Finally did them right before yoga sheesh.

I dont know if Thinsole's challenge will happen for me this week, yoga shredded my quads.
Old 12-16-2011, 10:01 AM   #276  

I remembered to do the challenge today after my regular workout. Yeah! Planning on a dog walk a little later . . . wish the cold winds would die down. Blech.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #277  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Blah. binged last night. Not on cookies.

Low energy this morning - went to the gym but didnt have my usual pep.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:29 PM   #278  

S/C/G: 214.5/189.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Weekly challenge

I complete the Challenge!!! Burn!!
Old 12-16-2011, 03:41 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Hi SARG, I'm new! I promise to lose 2 pounds next week!

I know it says newbies join on Sundays...but I work at a computer all week so I rarely get on at home on the weekends..so I'm joining now before I leave my computer at work.

I used to be really active on another board, but I'm not doing that diet anymore...and I'm looking for daily accountability.

I want to lose 2 pounds by Christmas.

I teach Zumba, so most weeks I do 7 classes, but because of classes canceled for the holidays, I will teach 4 classes next week.

I can do it! I will do it! Motivate me SARG!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Bust Your Butt
Mid-Week Challenge

Completed By:

Loose Seal & EmmaP

Way To Go Troops!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

Ennay- I did the same thing. About an hour before I left work I hopped on here to read the recent posts and saw what you and Loose Seal had written. My next pass by the break room had me doing some hurried burpees.

So Burpee challenge Day 11 & 12 complete.
Old 12-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #282  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennay View Post
Blah. binged last night. Not on cookies.

Low energy this morning - went to the gym but didnt have my usual pep.
Me too. Some ice cream, three cookies and gaaa, Doritos.

Last edited by loose seal; 12-17-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-17-2011, 10:16 AM   #283  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Had my work Christmas lunch yesterday. The food was great. There were 2 cold veggie salads plus hot steamed veggies. The main dish was carved roast beef. The guy manning the carving station laughed at my plate because I had this huge heap of veggies, no potatoes, no bread and a nice white space for meat. He put one little slice on my plate and I asked for more. When he put it on my plate he said "meat and veggies...my kinda lunch!" When my coworkers went for dessert, I went for more beef and veggies instead. Paleo win!!

A couple of days ago I bought a Groupon for 20 classes at my DH's Crossfit gym for $34. I'm terrified and a wee bit excited....I'll be trying that out in the new year.

I'm reading "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth right now. If you have ever struggled with your relationship with food (and I'm thinking all of us have) grab a copy of this book or pick it up at the library and give it a read. It's been very eye opening and given me lots to think about and different ways to frame my thoughts about food and binges. And don't let the "God" in the title deter you if you're not a religious person....she's not using the term to simply refer to a single higher power and she spends time in the intro explaining what she means by the term "God".

Going to be a nice day today (+6 Celsius!) so I'm hoping to get outside for a run. If it's at all sunny that warm weather will help clear the ice off the sidewalks that has been keeping my runs inside.

Welcome aboard, Emma and britt!
Old 12-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #284  

Even though Sats. are usually a 'lighter' workout day for me I just got done doing a 40 min. kickboxing workout because I missed/went light earlier in the week due to not feeling well. Also missed a couple of dog walks too.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:26 PM   #285  
Kandie Apple Sundae

S/C/G: 225/180/150

Height: 5 foot 2

The last two months have been major crazy for me. This is the last weekend for Santa, so now hopefully I can get out of work for awhile and finally eat REAL food not DQ food. -sigh- But the scale finally gave me those 2 pounds I knew were gone!

Hopefully I will get another one tomorrow!
Closed Thread