Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 AM   #1  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Default Sarge's no Excuses and No Whining Bootcamp #19 - With a 2nd Drill Sargeant

This platoon is a group who gives 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. This platoon was formed by Sarge JayTee in March 2011 and a long time member took on some of the duties in November as SARG. The motivation, challenges and support of the platoon have pushed many members to achieve their goal weights and start living and loving life.

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your "BUTT-er" (that's a salute to Private MadamGooey).

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. The platoon and the Sarges are always watching!

--Please join if you want the platoon to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get if you don't meet your goal each week!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," THIS IS YOUR LIFE YOU'RE FIGHTING FOR!

--Please join if you’re interested in being surrounded by success stories who will inspire you to find your own “inner Sarge” to kick your BUTT-er!

--DON'T join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--DON'T join if you're a daily scale watcher or only looking for company to share details about your daily life, pets, cra*py job, and other pity-party themes.

--DON'T join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--DON'T join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--DON'T join if you want to discuss anything other than getting this freaking weight off! Sarge and SARG are type A personalities. Excuses and reading touchy-feely stuff makes their eyes bleed! There are many other threads on 3FC that offer loads of "soft" support and make you feel it's ok to slack on your weight loss efforts. THIS IS NOT ONE OF THOSE THREADS!

RULES:
IT'S EASY! Simply make SARG a promise each Sunday by posting a pledge to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

Newbie posts should look like this: Hi SARG, I'm new! I promise to lose ___ pounds next week!

ALL ARE WELCOME (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In SARG!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

Disclaimer: We are not doctors, nutritionists, or personal trainers with any sort of real medical knowledge.

Last edited by SARG; 11-27-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #2  
In Charge

Merry Christmas!!!

JayTee and some of you asked for help keeping this amazing thread going and Santa was listening.

I am a long time member of this thread but as I don’t want to give away my identity you can call me SARG.

Make that “YES DRILL SERGEANT”!

I plan to take over the pledge board duties and give motivation and support where needed.

What you need to know, is both your DRILL SERGEANTS are always present and always watching!!!

I will be here to get you through the holidays and beyond but you should know I too, do not appreciate my eyes bleeding.

Now let’s get to it!!!

I’ll do my best and you do the rest!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:10 AM   #3  
In Charge

I realize the links are missing from my first post. My alias is a new member and I can't post links for a few days. I will get them added as soon as I can.

In the meantime can someone go to the first thread of #18 and post them here for me.

Thank you!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 317/ticker/142?

Height: 5'7"

NEW SPREADSHEET LINK:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DczajVTNkhMd3c

SPREADSHEET SUBMISSION FORM:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ajVTNkhMd3c6MQ

Last edited by snarkysharky; 11-27-2011 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #5  
In Charge

Snarky - Thank you for the spreadsheet links!!!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 317/ticker/142?

Height: 5'7"

If someone wants to post the rest of the links they can - kinda hard from my phone.

Anyway, ready to work some more BUTT-er off!
Pledged 1/lost 2/pledge 1 AOS

You know how at the top of the spreadsheet you see people's names and can click on them to see their individual spreadsheets? I still don't see mine. Should I?
Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #7  
In Charge

Snarky - You've been a platoon member long enough to be added to the spread sheet. Just request that Josey add you now.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:44 PM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Ran ~ 2.8 this morning. Calf still grumbly but now I think it is part of my old L5 injury and I need to be working the back not the calf. Who knows. It doesnt seem worse after running gently - havent been brave enough to try running hard.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #9  
In Charge

I have a question platoon -

Sarge used to post a pledge board update that looks like this,

PLEDGE BOARD UPDATE!

Private - pledged / lost / pledge

Budget - 1 / 1.5 / 1
diyana - 1 / 1.5 / 1
ennay - 0.4 / 0.2 / 0.4

But now that we have the wonderfull spreadsheet that Josey created I'm not sure it is necessary to post this. It is what Sarge and Peanutt spent most of their time doing and what ultimately led them to dreading doing the update.

All of this information is on the spreadsheet and I think everyone except newbies are using it. I propose the platoon continue to use the spreadsheet and posting their weigh ins on sundays and I'll just update a post that says when we have met our pledge goal that week.

Any feedback is welcome.
Old 11-27-2011, 01:55 PM   #10  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

I would like to see individuals keep posting the information in their own posts (because my brain does better in identifying people with avatars than names) but I do not see any need to have the long list in a single post because frankly thats too many numbers and slashes for my eyes to read in one post.

OK...I'm going to kick it in today. Off to kickbox.
Old 11-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #11  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lost: 2.2 lbs
Trekked: 23.1 miles
Calorie Deficit (for side challenge): 6792

Loss given above is the one I reported on Wed, though I actually have a bigger loss as of today - YAY!! And though the 6792 calorie deficit isn't quite the 7000/week deficit I was going for it's pretty darn close, and considering I indulged some on Thanksgiving I'm pretty happy with that number.

SARG: Regarding the weekly results tally, I agree with josey's response in the other thread - if everyone submits the form, then there's no need to have you locate and repost all that info here. But, I do like seeing people individually post their own report on what they've lost, trekked, etc. for the week, as I think it's part of what provides the accountability (edit: in other words, I agree with ennay!). Hopefully most will continue to do that.

peanutt: YAY!! That's a really nice loss too!

josey: Congratulations on the inches!! And hang tight on the scale - you're doing all the right things, and the results will show up there at some point.

Last edited by chickadee32; 11-27-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #12  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Thought for further accountability. What if we posted in colors. I know I would hate to have to post a big fat red number that meant I didnt meet my pledge.

Like this. GAINED 0.4/Pledged 0/New Pledge -1.0

Nice job snarky and chickadee!

Last edited by ennay; 11-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:18 PM   #13  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm? A new SARG.......very interesting...
Old 11-27-2011, 04:21 PM   #14  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Do we need someone with admin privileges to go close the old thread?
Old 11-27-2011, 04:38 PM   #15  
In Charge

I think that would be Peanutt since it is her thread.
Closed Thread