Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 315/293/275

Height: 5'3"

I was happy with the scale this morning. I've been trying to stop worrying about being stuck on this plateau and not making my New Year's Onderland goal and it seems taking a step back was what I needed to do. It's like the minute I gave my body the permission to rest without feeling guilty the scale dropped. So this week I'm going to focus on getting my runs in, try to change up my exercise routine a bit more, and watch my eating. The weight will come off. I just have to believe it.

I'm only 0.6 pounds away from hitting my -60 lb goal. Oh I'm so excited! Hurry up and get OFF me fat!
Old 12-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #302  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Checking in from Europe :-) no scale to be found so far but that should change Tuesday. Lots of eating but at least good and healthy stuff. Walking at least 4-6 hours everyday should help too. Not too sure about sodium content though. We will see I guess.
We were in London (amazing food at Jamie Oliver's) and are in Berlin now, leaving for Munich tomorrow. Lots of great food here on every corner. We literally did not have time for runs so far because we are walking all day.

Nice losses so far, keep it up platoon.

Last edited by josey; 12-18-2011 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #303  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Thinsole - how is the burpee challenge coming? I did my 15 today on very sore legs and I am not exactly positive there was more than a mm of air between me and the ground.

I gave myself a refeed day yesterday and I am not happy with it. I didnt eat what I wanted, I ate more than I wanted and slept like crap. Ah well, everything takes practice. I still struggle with finding a happy ground between severe restriction and binge.

josey - sounds like you are having a great vacation!! If you do weigh in, just remember someone else's scale is merely an approximation!

- heh - that reminds me of my dad's scale. He had one of the old fashioned scales with the little twisty knob for calibrating zero. I went to weigh on his scale and I was 15 lbs light. Got off and looked and sure enough zero was -15. He said he calibrated his scale to the doctors office scale so he would weigh the same at both places. Ok, I guess I could see that but if it is 15 lbs something seems really off. THEN he mentioned, that lately the doctors scale has been "wrong" so he would calibrate his scale so he always weighed 269 because "I know what I weigh". So as he gained weight he would just adjust the scale to not reflect it. And he thought this made sense. OF course he had pre-Alzheimers at the time so....

so so workout this morning. I needed to do my rowing early since the kids are off school and my back seized up and I had to cut it short. Hopefully I can get out for my run later.

Last edited by ennay; 12-19-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #304  
My goal = health

Hi everyone. Tough week. (I know, I know - no whining)
Pledged 2 / Lost 1/ Pledge 1
I also pledge 5 workouts this week.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:08 PM   #305  
In Charge

Height: 5' 11''

Let the losses begin!!!

The holidays are a challenge.........now drop and give me 50!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 08:33 PM   #306  

Yes Sir Sarg Sir!!

Josey- Glad you're having fun.

Ennay- I'm up on the burpees. 15 done today. I broke it up 10 and 5 in preparation of the 20s.

Ran W2D3 of E210K today. Finally on to Week 3.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:56 AM   #307  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

OH, we can do it in multiple sets? whew. Dammit I forgot to do them during my circuit this morning. Blah blah blah. I am 50 calories short on my burn (grrr...I totally could have stayed at the gym 10 minutes longer and gotten it) so later I'll do something and then do the burpees.

Really good run this morning. I love it when my shirt is so sweaty it changes colors completely.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:01 AM   #308  

S/C/G: 214.5/189.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Well, I'm new to this and my weigh day is Tuesday. I've lost an average of 2.1 lbs for the past 12 weeks. However, When I made a pledge to lose 2 lbs, I lost nada. I didn't gain either but: pledge 2 / lost 0 / new pledge 1. I definitely want to make my goal. More exercise, fewer carbs!! (South Beach)
I'll try to migrate my weigh day to Sunday in a couple of weeks
Old 12-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #309  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Sorry I haven't checked in this week. Lately when I log onto this site it freezes my computer and force closes the internet, not sure why.

Anyway, I've been working out and trying to avoid those holiday treats. Every time I turn around someone is at our house with foods I would like to avoid. It's been a challenge.

The scale is still not my friend, so I decided to take some pictures and measure. Hopefully I can 'see' progress somewhere. I did try on some pants that I've really been wanting to wear, but were too tight in the hips and thighs. They fit just right, so I AM LOSING FAT but it's not being reflected on the scale for some reason. Not sure if I should feel like this or like this
Old 12-21-2011, 11:02 AM   #310  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Emma - If Tuesday works for you then weigh on Tuesday ...just report it on Sunday.

sumner...thats a scales are the most convenient tool, not the most accurate. I often find that my body shrinks when maintaining weight and then after it is fully convinced of the new weight, drops the weight while not shrinking much. Its like it holds on to water weight just in case it needs to replace the fat soon.
Old 12-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #311  

Summer- I know what you mean. It feels like since I started losing weight that people are offering me bad food left and right. But it's probably just me noticing the bad food and the act of turning it down. (They still give me odd looks). Holidays are worse, I had 3 co-workers give me bags of candy. I'm like *how can I re-gift these? and do I have the strength to?*

Ennay- Day 16 & 17 of burpee challenge done. Heck yeah I gotta do mine in set. Otherwise I get dizzy, lol. I need balance check breaks.

Suffice it say my workout was interrupted by the cops. Yup...the cops...twice...(they came back). I really think whoever invented those stolen cell phone tracking programs should be held accountable when they show a phone someplace it is not.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #312  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Thinsole, I am out of the challenge. I tweaked my neck this morning and nothing else really bothered it in my workout but the burpee sent knives of pain down my back.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:19 AM   #313  

Haha, I just finished Burpee day 18 before I got on here.

Ennay- That sucks about your neck. Glad the burpee is the only thing that hurts it though and you can continue with the rest of your routine. Hope you feel better soon.

Is anybody else still in the Burpee Challenge?
Old 12-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #314  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Not that I know of...I think you won! BUT you get to keep going right?!?

Good interval session this morning, although I definitely felt a tad under fueled.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 192/178.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey ladies. Thanks for the feedback. I just keep thinking if I do the right things eventually it will show up on the scale and in inches. I didn't exercise yesterday, but I'm going in a few minutes to work on it. While I was making dough for homemade rolls I was doing a little circuit training in the kitchen with my daughter. It was kind of fun.

Good job on the burpees Thinsole.

Sorry about the neck Ennay. Hope it works itself out soon.

I forgot about the burpee challenge and you two were 5 days into it before I remembered. I need to do it and stick with it until the end this time.

Josie I hope you are having a good time on your vaca. I miss seeing your food diary on MFP. I love the exotic entries.

Chickadee- Where are you?? I miss you?

Jeanettee- Hurry back! I miss you too. I'm ready to partake in some of those amazing challenges.

I hope everyone is staying away from those Christmas treats and is kicking butt. Have a great day.

Last edited by sumnerfan; 12-22-2011 at 01:47 PM.
Closed Thread