Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 02:52 PM   #451  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

me1st. I get there from time to time. I hear ya its weird you will pull through it though!
Old 07-17-2011, 02:55 PM   #452  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

MadamB - Nope, no onderland yet....believe me, when I hit it, you can bet even Reso and Peanutt up in Canada will be able to hear my screams of delight I had forgotten to up my ticker, so I did!

Anon - Welcome to the hardcore challenge!!! Ten extra minutes a day is nothin', you can do it!

Me1st - I'm sure many if not all of us have felt the emotional ups and downs of losing weight. Not only is your body changing, but your entire mental mindset has to adjust along with it. Hang in there and stay strong!!!

Peanutt - Congrats on leaving obesity in the dust!!! What a great accomplishment!

Last edited by pokeycactus; 07-17-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:56 PM   #453  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Pokey, Celrae and Courtney,
I don’t know who originally suggested we have a challenge for those who wanted to track minutes instead of miles so I will address this to all three of you.

My concern is the hesitation I felt and new joiners are now expressing at the amount of weekly minutes they will have to post in order to stay up with the big minute producers in this challenge. I also worry about members feeling bad about their efforts when maybe their efforts were really good for them and their situation.

I would like to suggest the hardcore minutes challenge be like the trek pledges. Each hardcore lady pledges minutes for the week and strives to accomplish that instead of competing against each other.

What do You think?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:59 PM   #454  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Happy Sunday, everyone! Sorry I've been so absent this week - I went back to work half days starting on Monday, and it left me feeling pretty exhausted everyday. This morning's weight is actually up a half pound from my weight Thursday and Friday morning, and I think it might due to just doing too much yesterday (we attended my nephew's 1st birthday party that was an hour and a half away, and I did the driving because my husband had to work through the previous night and hadn't slept) on top of a tiring week. I did read back through all the posts from this week though, and I want to thank you all so much for the congratulations on Onderland and 80 lbs lost. I'm very excited about it - and am now gunning for my next goal, 100 lbs lost.

Tomorrow I have my 2-week follow-up appointment with my doctor, and so should get a better idea of how my recovery is coming along, whether I will be allowed to swim when I go on vacation in two weeks, and when I will be allowed to exercise again. I hope it's all good news!

MadamB: Thank you for the hug! And thank you for all the energy and laughs you bring to everyone here every week. We are really lucky to have you.

kuri: I'm glad you built the treat you were craving into your daily calories! I think being able to eat those treats sometimes can really help us to stay on track over the long haul - and frankly, when we get to maintenance, we're going to need to have learned how to fit in those treats so that we can keep on eating well for a lifetime. On the cakes and other baked treats - can you make them just to give away to others? I hate to see you give up on something you love and something you're so talented at!!

JoyfulV: Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you really planned ahead regarding all the birthday outings, and managed the stress of your final exam very well. I hope all the celebrations this weekend were a lot of fun!

celrae: Sorry to hear about your foot!! I imagine that's pretty frustrating. Please be careful and give it the necessary time to heal.

diyana: It's so awesome to hear that your strength is improving - I am thrilled for you! And nice job on the loss this week!!

envelope: Great job doing the tough 2 miles again! Were you a runner before you began trying to lose weight/get healthier? I love my alone time when exercising too (though I walk instead of run) - it really relaxes and renews me. And way to go on taking a healthy dinner with you to the races! I hope the whole family had a great time.

Jeanettey: Thanks for passing all your energy on to all of us!! I need it.

Anon: Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a really nice birthday weekend with your boyfriend. That trainer at your gym - seriously? What a rude jerk (I'd like to use language stronger than that, but this is a family board ). The best revenge is proving him wrong - which you are totally doing! He'll be eating his words by the end of the year. And on the pledge front, please don't beat yourself up. You LOST this week!! I really hold on to water in swollen muscles when I push myself too hard on the exercise front (my scale usually goes up!), and I'm sure either that or TOM is what impacted your scale this week. Please don't drop your calories - the range you're working in seems like a good one. Do make sure you're eating enough protein with all that strength work though - and don't hesitate to give your body a break for a day if you need it.

Cheshire: 9 miles the other day?? Your running continues to amaze me! Way to go!

Urth: It sounds like you are totally back on track with the exercise!! It's such an awesome feeling to be able to do so more than you could just a few months ago.

K3: Sorry work has been so nuts! Good look getting through it all!

budget: I'm sorry you've been so sick!! I'll be hoping that you're feeling much better again soon.

Me1st: Ooo, I love kayaking!! I hope you had a great time! I am sorry though for how you've been feeling lately... do you think speaking to a therapist about all you're going through might help!? You know, just having some time each week to focus on yourself and all the emotions you're feeling? I really wish you well.

DREAMER: CONGRATS on the big loss this week!! That's wonderful!

rmc: I'm really glad you are back to the routine that makes you happy and comfortable. Exercise SHOULD be enjoyable - that's what helps us to keep going!

pokey: What an AWFUL experience that must have been at your old gym. Good for you for cancelling your membership and going elsewhere. And that's a really great loss this week!! I have no doubt you'll be back down to pre-vacation and lower in no time!

Resolute: Congrats on the 100+ miles this week, but I'm so glad you're going to take some relaxation time at the lake!! I worry about you wearing yourself out. Hope you have a great time today.

Iianae: Nice job this week!!

lovehopefaith: Welcome!!

peanutt: YAY on not being in the obese category anymore!!!!!! That's so fantastic!! AND, I don't think that having that cyst removed artificially impacted your numbers this week - I think it's been artificially inflating your weight for months!! You're just now finally rid of it. I'm so glad you had some happy news this week. How are you feeling??

munchey: Congrats on losing this week! How would your knee do with swimming?

Sarge: THANK YOU for continuing to do so much work to keep us all on track here. I know it is a LOT and so very time-consuming, and I want you to know how much I appreciate it!! And don't get mad at all my catching up today, lol - I really do have to sit and rest today!

mya: CONGRATULATIONS on ONDERLAND!!!!!! What great news!!

Rainbow: Just want you to know that I'm always thinking about you and hoping for some good news on the job front.

Sorry if some of my comments are a few days old, lol. I am going to try to work some full days this week, and so might not be around a lot again. I will be on track regardless though, and am going to try to increase my mileage slightly again this week - I am trying to learn baby steps and patience! I hope everyone has a great week this week.

Last edited by chickadee32; 07-17-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:01 PM   #455  

Height: 5' 8"

7 miles DONE!

Some goof ball driving by was mocking me and my water bottle. I bet he could not jog 7!

Kids and my hubby cleaned house while I was gone...WooooHOOOOO! So now we are headed to the pool.

Mya - Congratulations on making it to WONDERLAND!!!
Sarge - looks like we will be needing a new thread soon.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #456  

Height: 5' 8"

Chick - Do not do to much too soon! We do not want you hurting yourself.

I NEVER thought I would ever be able to jog. Then last year when I joined 3FC I kept hearing about c25k, and my son told me he wanted to run a 5k. So I decided to try it. I am now COMPLETELY hooked.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:20 PM   #457  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

envelope - I know, I really am trying to be good. All I am doing today is resting, a little laundry, and I'll take a short, slow walk this evening. Trying to leave work before I'm worn out is harder - everyone is understanding, but since I probably seem relatively energetic while I'm there it feels awkward to explain that I need to try to leave BEFORE I've pushed myself too far.

I'm glad you've had so much success with C25K! And that you enjoy it so much. I gave it a try a while back and it didn't work very well for me at the time, but I hope to try it again at some point in the future.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:31 PM   #458  

S/C/G: 201/173.8/130

Height: 5'5

Thanks Anon - I was reading through some of the posts before, so i think i pretty much got it, but that would be great

MadamButterfly: By all means MELT AWAY

Thanks Sarge! - slacker is not in my vocabulary :P

mya: Go you, must feel awesome to be under that 200 mark!

Me1st: Everyone has those bad days/weeks, just hang in there and it will all be fine! x

chickadee: Thank You, glad to be here!

envelope: Wooo 7 miles, that's awesome! (I'm so lacking motivation to exercise at the moment lol)
Old 07-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #459  
Living the Life

Afternoon Platoon!
I stayed the same this week. I was dropping during the week..oh but my weekends I spend too much time playing (going out to eat and so forth). Oy! I got in a bike ride today, 6 miles. My shorts have been fitting better though so I'm excited.

Congrats to our butt-er droppers!

Diyana-Great job hitting your pledge of 2 lbs! It feels great to actually hit what we aim for!

Anon-Thanks for the continued work on the spread sheet! Have fun with the hardcore challengers!! It's hard not to want to join in a challenge. Whooo.

Peanutt-Yay for kicked the 'obese' BMI to the side of the road. Now run it over and keep on going!

Munchey-Good job hitting your pace! It's great when exercise becomes just a normal part of our lives. I love my Wii, I haven't done the Wii Fit, but I use the Just Dance games all the time.

Celrae-That's the sneaking truth about exercise isn't it?! We can exercise and exercise but what we consume REALLY does make a big impact. That's a struggle with me. I can do the exercise but my goodness food just keeps jumping in my mouth. I've conquered portion control for the most part but I need to learn to spread out my weekend festivities and saying no when I really don't want anything but my friends are doing it. LOL

Bnh-Holy Zuchinnis, butt-er dropper!! Way to GO! So kicking my butt in this side challenge. ACK...I need to get it together for this week.

Dreamer-Quietly coming in with a 4.4 lb lost! Awesome Job!!!!

Iiane & MadamB-Yay for Warrior Dash! You guys are going to have so much fun!!

Mya-Congratulations on One-derland!! You are doing great! Keep shaking that booty and watch the butt-er fall off.

Chickadee-You are doing great, it's good to read how you've been up and about.

Envelope-Great job on a getting in 7 miles! And you are so right about the person in the car....like they could get out there and hold their own against you! HA. And a clean house while you were gone. Double score!
Old 07-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #460  
Living the Life

Loss: 0
Pledge: 1.5 lbs
Trekked: 40 miles

Challenge: Still 9.5 lbs to go.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:54 PM   #461  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I can't keep up with you guys. O.O
Congrats to all of those who have lost weight!

I pledged 2
Gained 2.2.
Trecked: ~About 10 miles. I'm not sure exactly how much biking I did...
I know... that's horrid. >< I do know most of it has to do with a new scale though. I got yet another one that is digital this time and weighed myself on Wednesday showing a 4lb gain from Sunday. Well, since Wednesday I lost 2 lbs... so I think I'm ok with it. I lost another inch on my waist since last Sunday, so I KNOW I'm doing good. ^^
Won't let the troops down again.
New Pledge: 2 lb
Old 07-17-2011, 04:15 PM   #462  
mya

Height: 5'4"

Thanks diyana, Me1stAllways, JayTee, chickadee32, envelope and lovehopefaith! It has been a couple of years since I've been below 200, it feels awesome

I need to lose a few more to be able to wear pants. I cannot wait, I'm so tired of wearing dresses everywhere! I have 4 pairs of jeans, all size 46 (I'm not sure if that's US size 14 or 16, something around that) and I need to lose like half an inch to fit. I think I was around 190 when they fit me, so that's my mini goal for now. I have a few size 50 and 52 pants, but they are WAY too big for me now. For some reason I don't have any size 48 pants, which is what I fit into these days. I'm pantless, LOL.
And yes, I kept several-year-old clothes because I knew someday I would get them to fit again. And for the first time in years I'm taking stuff off of that part of my closet instead of adding stuff.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #463  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

WTG ON HITTING WONDERLAND MYA!! KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!

My goal has been 200 forever, I think once I reach that though I might go into the 100's maybe 180/170 I wanna know what it feels like to be in onderland! I havnt been there since i was umm...10? Maybe.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:04 PM   #464  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Iianae: OMG . . . Do you run on Sat or Sun . . . I run Sat at 9:30 . . . I had to go a bit on the early side as I work in the afternoon but if the weather is anything like today, I'll wish it was even earlier . . . You must live awfully close . . . MN or WI??? If you start at 10:00, then we'll probably finish about the same time (I run really SLOOOOOOOOOOOW) . . . I can't wait . . .

Mya: CONGRATULATIONS ON ONE-DER-LAND

Cheshire: hang in there, that scale will drop . . . (when and if it feels like it . . . demonic scales Somedays I hate them . . . )

kuri: LOLOL . . . you got another scale . . . I like the digital, they're probably more accurate . . . I think . . .

chickadee: glad you're up and about . . . listen to your body

SARGE: I was going to push really hard then take Friday off, but will change that a bit, but I'm going to run everyday, maybe not 3 miles, but I'll change it up, maybe 2 tomorrow, 1 on Tue, 3 on Wed, 2 on Thur and 1 on Fri, with the added push ups, lunges, dips, etc . . . hopefully that will work . . . THANKS!!

Me1st, there is a link to the spreadsheet on the Sarge's intro, (Page 1, post 1), then you don't have to try and track down the tote board . . .

Bnh: WOW . . . you and Peanut both lost more that 5 pounds . . . WOOHOO!!!

OK, off to take a nap . . . I have not been sleeping well for the past couple of weeks . . . so now I NEED A NAP . . .

EVERYONE HAVE A BUTT-ER MELTING DAY . . . and watch out for those ZUCCHINI's . . . LOLOLOL
Old 07-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #465  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Pledged: 1.4 lbs
Lost: 2.6 lbs

Wow, was the scale ever kind today! I was a little shocked to see such a great loss this week, considering I had a little bit of a slip up the other day at a relative's birthday party. Still, all that exercise seems to be paying off! Just more incentive to keep at it this week, and push myself even harder than before! It feels so damn good to be able to update my ticker at 154.8 lbs. I remember being here a few months ago.. before I hit a plateua, and felt like it was hopeless, and started to slip. I remember gaining a good 10 lbs back and WISHING I could see 154 again. I'm so happy to be here right now. This time, I'm going to make it all the way!

I'll be pledging 1.4 lbs this week, and aiming for at least 500 minutes of exercise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Hardcore Ladies- Alright, I'm in!! Maybe a little healthy competition is just what I need.
@Anon- Congrats on completing week 8 of c25k!! As for falling under your pledged loss this week, don't sweat it! Keep up the hard work and it WILL pay off! If all else fails, re-evaluate your plan if you get stuck for more than a week.
@Me1st- Wow, congrats on the losses! That's phenomenal!!
@SMS- WTG!! Great loss!!
@Iianae- Great job melting BUTT-er! Congrats on your loss.
@IrishKat- Whoot! WTG!!
@rmc- Keep it up!!
@envelope- Nice loss! Great job!
@lovehopefaith- Welcome to the platoon!
@pokey- WTG, you show that scale who's boss! Great job on your hardcore minutes last week too. You guys are intense! I hope I can keep up.
@diyana- Great job!
@K3LL3Y- Congrats on the loss!
@peanutt- Holy cow, that's an amazing loss!!!
@Munchey- WTG!
@MadamB- Good job on your loss this week! Even though you didn't make your pledge you still lost, and that, in itself, is a victory.
@bnhtla06- Wow, way to burn some BUTT-er!!
@Jeanettey- Congrats on reaching your pledge this week. May I just say, you are AMAZING!! Keep pumping out those hardcore minutes, I'll catch up to you eventually!
@chickadee- WTG on your SUPER loss!!!
@Rated- Awesome!! Keep it up!
@mya- Rock it girl! Congrats on your loss!
@kuri- Don't let the scale dilemma get you down. Stay on plan, rock your workouts, and melt some BUTT-er!!!
Closed Thread