Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 AM   #361  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Oh boy, I only had 5 pages to catch up!

@Anon Happy Birthday!!!
I didn't get to run yesterday. But tonight. We will see how it goes. I will definitely set up a fan this time. Otherwise I won't melt butt-er but all of me ;-)
What an a... that trainer dude! Do you have other gyms around? Maybe it is time to switch?

@JoyfulVegGirl Happy Birthday!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:43 AM   #362  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Chesh - This Pirates was actually pretty good, in my opinion. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I thought it was as good as any of the sequels. Are you seeing the new Harry Potter today?!!!?!??! I'm SO JEALOUS. You wouldn't believe the number of people already in line yesterday when we were there to see Pirates - and it was only about noon. Those people still had a good 12 hours to go! You'll have to let me know if Harry Potter is as good as I'm hoping it is.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:49 AM   #363  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Chesh -- Most Regal Cinemas sell Welch's Fat-Free Fruit snacks at the concession stand, and the WHOLE bag has like 380 calories, so if you only eat a serving, it's about 130, and they have lots of vitamins in them. They're my go-to for movie snacking now.

Josey -- Thank you! You better get your run in tonight, or else I might actually pass you in the morning! :P I know you will, though, so I'll still be chasing after you! My gym is only a little over a quarter a mile from my apartment, and I really like being able to walk there, so I am going to stick with it. Plus there's a whole clique of gay guys who workout there and practically run the gym, and they have accepted me into their ranks and are really encouraging and SO funny, so they make up for the rude trainer.

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 07-15-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #364  

Height: 5' 8"

Anon and JoyfulVegGirl

Old 07-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #365  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Happy birthday girls! ( I'd have gotten you cake but....I didnt think youd want the calories and that would be like sabotaging my friends!!

Soo tired this am idk y i just laid in bed after waking up, didn't wanna get out!! Hoping that I get another lb lost by sunday since Ive already lost 2.4 this week. That would be AMAZING!! Anyway, off to melt butt-er! Laters ya'll!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Thank you, Envelope and Dreamer! I hope you both have wonderful weekends!

Dreamer -- You might want to try eating more protein in the morning. Or an apple. I've read that an apple in the morning can wake you up as much as a cup of coffee! I don't drink it, though, so I have no point of comparison!
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #367  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

thanks anon, Ill try it! I hant actually gotten out of bed today and I think I was tired cause I got woken 50 times last week AHAHAHA. I don't drink coffee either, I got addicted in HS and said ummm...I dont wanna be addicted so I stopped cold turkey HAHA. I think it was just one of those days I usually have protein and frit with breakfast cause of my pcos I have to make sure EVERY meal/snkac/etc is balanced
Old 07-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #368  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Afternoon troops! Always so much to catch up on here...Sarge better catch up before cocktail hour and drunk posting!

Dreamer -- Excellent news that you'll have big numbers this week!

Jeanettey -- Music to Sarge's ears that you achieved what you did yesterday and lived to post about it!

Anon -- That trainer is a dic*!

Ditto those HAPPY BIRTHDAY greetings Anon & Joyful!

Gooey -- I ate your sweat...it made me puke!

BudgetBaby--glad you're back on your feet and feeling a bit better.

Rated -- Real sorry you're having a tough time trying the balance everything, but you have to say to yourself that YOU ARE WORTH a few minutes of the day to put yourself first! Just try to find someway to take even 20-30 minutes to yourself 5 days a week for two weeks. By the time two weeks is up hopefully whatever you're doing will become a routine you can live with.

Pokey & all you vege butt posters...serious fun! I even found a few that would definitely shut down our thread!

Rainbow -- "Maintenance Time Out!" That sounds like something Sarge should use on a member or two around here...like maybe if a member doesn't make pledge they have to suffer a "Posting Time Out" for the week! BTW, Gooey and I think you have a future in marketing!

Envelope - "Enjoying alone time jogging!" ... ain't it the truth!

Pokey-- totally understand dropping fitocracy because of the time it takes to post exercises, but I love it because I knew I had to do something about toning up some of the sag resulting from the weight loss and boy, Anon couldn't have pointed us to that site at a more perfect time as far as I'm concerned! You just keep boxing, pole dancing and jogging! You got enough on your plate!

Gooey-- Your butt mooning avatar and Munchey's snorting pig always bring a smile to Sarge's old face!

Chesh-- Obviously love today's poster but even funnier... p.s...Harry Potter! My soon to be 20 year old daughter announced that her childhood is now officially over with the last movie premier.

GET THOSE BUTT-er MELTING LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS DONE!!! SARGE IS ROLLING THE PLEDGE BOARD FORWARD IN A MINUTE AND WE PLEDGED A LOT OF POUNDS!

Last edited by JayTee; 07-15-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:37 PM   #369  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

@Budget- I'm sorry to hear you're sick! Hope you get well soon so I can spend some more time kickin' *** and melting BUTT-er in boot camp with you!

@Rated- I understand how difficult it can be to keep up with online threads, or weightloss in general for that matter, when you have such a busy schedule. In that regard, the only advice I could give is don't give up. If you want to lose the weight and get fit, you have to work it in somehow. When you're feeling stressed and you want to reach for something to munch on, try drinking water or popping a piece of gum/tictac instead. Sometimes I find just having something to preoccupy me will make that urge to EAT, EAT, EAT just disappear. Tictacs and water have been my salvation. Don't feel like working out? Tough. I know the feeling, I've been there too, but you just have to push through it!! You can do it.

@kurisitaru- Rest days are all good and well (and needed sometimes too), but jump back in today and EAT SWEAT!

@JoyfulV- Happy belated Birthday!! Keep on making those good choices! Planning is key.

@Resolute- Great job staying active! Keep it up.

@Jeanettey- Holy cow, you kicked butt! Nice job!!

@Anon- Ugh, I hate people like that! Use his disbelief in your ability to succeed as motivation. Then when you're at goal you can strut in there and casually throw it in his stupid face. Happy Birthday by the way!!!! Don't let that fool get you down today. Hope you have a wonderful 24th!

@pokey- WTG! Keep up the hard work!!

@MadamB- I applaud your ability to do JM and not die. The workouts aren't too hard for me, it's the day after.. It tends to flair up my neck/back problems from a car accident. Maybe someday I won't be paralized after one of her workouts. Great job today!! Keep up that momentum!

@Chesire- 9 miles, WHOA! Way to kick some BUTT-er!

As for me I took a slow day yesterday myself. Played Basketball for 40 mins, and then got caught up in finishing some work for my business. Intended to do some kickboxing last night, but Enchiladas for dinner gave me mega upset tummy and the urge to puke. The BF ran to the store for Pepto-Bismol and thankfully I was able to sleep through the night without discomfort or constant waking up. I guess I've discovered the culprit for why I got so ill a few days ago as well. Enchiladas.. oh how I love them, but the spice does not love me. Back on track today! It's pretty nice out, so I've scheduled some swim time with the BF. Maybe another game of b-ball today and some kickboxing to finish things off. Taking a break from the gym to give my knees a much needed rest. I'll check back in later with everyone. Have a wonderful, active, SWEAT EATING, BUTT-er melting day!!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:45 PM   #370  

Height: 5' 8"

My husband is talking about having a power free weekend (except the AC and fridge) so if I disapear don't worry I will be back Sunday evening. I am not sure he can handle going that long with out the tv, so we will see how it goes.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #371  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

As promised troops...rolling forward the pledge board. Just a reminder of what we promised to accomplish as the weekend creeps up on us and tries to sabotage all the hard work you put in this week...

Pledges Week 7/10-7/16

Dcap = 2
Celrae = 1
K3 = 1
Courtney = 3
Anon = 2 /// (-1.6)
Envelope = 2
RMC = 2 /// (-2.2)
Josey = 2
Diyana = 2
Budget = 5 /// (-10.2)
Flo = 2
Chick = 1
BNH = 2
Pokey = 3.2
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Chesh = 1.5
JoyfulV = 2
Jeanettey = 1
Munchey = 2
Rated = 1
Kuri = 2
Spice = 2
Sarati = 1.5
Me1st = 1 /// (-2)
Reso = 2
Tubak = 1.5
FloAnn = 2

Newbie:
Irish = 1 /// (-2.2)
Mya = 2
Iiane = 1 /// (-2.4)
Sakurai = 3
urthworm = 1.4

Maintainers
Sarge /// (-.6)
Yoyo
Rainbow

TOTAL PLATOON GOAL = 60.1 ///// TOTAL NET LOSS = 21.2 SO FAR

PLEDGES 7/17-7/23

Budget = 2
Me1st = .5
Iiane = 1
Anon = .5
Irish = 1
Rmc = 1.5

Maintainers
Sarge
Yoyo
Rainbow

HARDCORE: sweaty weekly exercise minutes: Pokey ( 825 min.), Courtney ( min.), Celrae ( min), Jeanettey (820 min), RMC (560 min), Urth ( min)

100 lb. goal buddies / first to (100 lost wins!): Courtney (-10.2), Jeanettey (-5), Me1st (-2), Diyana (-5.6)

Pokey (-3/49) vs. Awaiting: Pounds lost & Miles trekked

Madam B (8.2) vs. Bnh (8.5) vs. Chesh (9.5) vs. Peanutt (8): First to goal / (0) wins!

Envelope (x2) vs. Josey (x1): Total # weeks made pledge

Peanutt (Sick Bay vs. K3 (Did it!) = SHRED HEAD BATTLE 5 Days Week!

Kuri vs. Dreamer vs. Budget Baby vs. Jeanettey = First to 100 Cheat Free Days

Platoon's Fitocracy.com leader board: http://www.fitocracy.com/group/674/

COMPLETED (3,634.26) OF 5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA:

Follow our progress at: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

(weekly miles / total accumulated miles)

Sarge (61.96 /491.59), X
Pokey (52 /217.5),
Kneed (15.2 / 52.70),
Celrae (27.5 / 163.56),
K3 (10 / 86),
Kendrab (9 / 82.5), X
Chickadee (3 / 44.9),
Reso (99.5 /616.8), X
Cheshire (42 / 184),
MadamB (69.66 /457.86),
Yoyo (15 / 132),
Sizzlin (18),
Primm (1.7),
Peanutt (36 / 102.5), X
Bnhtla (16 / 115),
Tmil (6)
Envelope (24.95 / 130.45) X
Courtney (9.41 / 45.21) X
Sarati (16.92 / 81.5)
Data Girl (32 / 32)
Josey ( 8 / 20 )
Rmc = (55 / 259)
Me1st = (8.71 / 31.54)
Rated = (8.14 / 14.84)
Kris = (11.7 / 11.7)
Anon = (13.87 / 30.55)
Munchey = (15 / 30)
Kuri = (12.85 / 28.85)
Diyana = (3.75 / 3.75)
Flo = (11 / 11)
Joyful = (25.5 / 25.5)
Iiane = (13.2 / 13.2)

BL Summer Challengers
Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, Courtney, Rated
Blue Team: Bnhtla

Peanutt -- 10K in September
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Envelope-- 1/2 Marathon (9/10), 10K (9/25), 10miler (10/22)

Last edited by JayTee; 07-17-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HI TROOPS:
I'm hanging in there this week. My food intake has been good this week. My bad knee has hampered my walking, so I've had to break it up into smaller segments.

DON'T FORGET TO REWARD YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS WITH NONFOOD REWARDS:

SOME OF MY FAVORITES ARE:

CLOTHES:
One thing I do with clothes is to shop online at Macys or Kohls. I zero in on clearance and sale items - especially when they have some type of offer with additional discounts and free shipping. I buy a reward/motivation purchase. I buy something at a great price that I can shrink into in the near term. It doubles as a reward and also motivates me to perhaps get an additional 10 pounds off in order to wear it.

MUSIC:
I have been using the ipod and itunes rewards. Using an ipod to play upbeat music during a walk or run is a great motivator and helps performance. Audio books can also be a reward. I just purchased Jillian's book, Unlimited, in the audio version.

PLANTS/FLOWERS:
One of my favorites. I love to visit a nursery and stroll through the flowers and plants to browse and then make a purchase. Planting some lovely seasonal flowers gives you a gift that can keep on giving.

I even found a reward in my own closet last week. I had purchased a multipack of Shea BodyButter (skin moisturizer) around the Christmas holidays. I put it away to give to someone as a possible gift. I forgot all about it, but discovered it in a closet last weekend.

Oh boy! I gifted it to myself. It had four containers with tropical scents. The scents mentally transport me to a tropical island, while moisturizing my skin.

REWARD YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS TROOP MEMBERS! YOU ARE ALL DOING AN AWESOME JOB!

SARGE: There has to be a special reward for you!

Naughty

Last edited by munchey; 07-15-2011 at 05:43 PM. Reason: correction
Old 07-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #373  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Here's a true story, I LOVE LOVE LOVE to bake and decorate cakes. I make cakes similar to this one, or use to. I blame this hobby for a great deal of my initial weight gain. I would make sugar paste, marzipan, and royal icing decal decorations ALL the time, and decorate all sorts of shapes and sizes of cakes, cup cakes, cookies, pies... anything. XD

I just love doing it, I use to want to work in a bakery for decorating cake... and, because I'm trying so so so so hard to lose weight, I haven't baked in a long time. T.T
My room mate even asked me a few days ago when I was going to make some sort of baked good again. I answered that I probably wouldn't in a very long time or only special occasions. She pouted and said she use to love getting them every week. I use to love making them. =/

/pout over

Rest day was needed. The scale dropped this morning ^0^
I'm going to see HP tonight, so I got my biking out of the way all ready and I ate a light breakfast and a very healthy light lunch so I can have a decent dinner (which I'll only eat half of) and maintain my calories while still going out. I even have enough calories spared to get a lovely glass of wine. Yayness. ^^ Drinking a lot of water and tomorrow, I'm going to go to a Resonance fair! Lots of walking around, enjoying the day! I'll do kick boxing when I get home and the SHRED! I'm bringing my own lunch tomorrow too... just to keep it cheap and healthy. ><

rainbowsmiles A great way to learn graphics... tutorials on Deviantart. I learned all my photoshop skills on DA! Like looky, here's my first attempt at working some PS.

and

Both are off my DA page... but I don't really like to show it off because my drawings are so bad ><
Old 07-15-2011, 06:38 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Pokey Thanks, i will be back soon. It is really hard to slow down, I talked with a physical therpist today and he suggested that I cut back on the exercise for a little bit. I was thinking that there are a lot of things I can do and still give the foot a rest.

Anon Pokey is right! A trainer can be helpful but, is not necessary.

Runners
Did any of your develop Planters Faciitis and what were your tricks to keep running?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #375  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

just a quick by!

friday is here, and let's make it a good one!
Closed Thread