Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 02:31 AM   #346  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Reporting IN!

Power was out for HOURS the past few days. Turned off TWICE and it took a long time for it all to come back!
XD

Freak storms here, lightning has been better than fireworks!

ANYWAY

I took a break the other day and just walked to stay on plan. The break was needed. I kept my calories below 1600, but worked in half a calzone into the calorie count because I was CRAVING one. 700 calories for HALF a calzone... WOW. My dinner was tiny in calories to make up for the weighty lunch. I didn't go off plan, and I was able to eat something I really enjoyed. That feels good actually. Though, the unhealthy food will be eaten very rarely.

I lost my spot on Fitocracy too. XD Maybe tomorrow I'll catch you all again! ><

Last edited by kurisitaru; 07-15-2011 at 02:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #347  

Height: 5'5"

Oh no Sarge, not UTAH. I promised myself I would never go back! No, just kidding, I go back all the time. I can show you guys around if ya'll want (This is a mountain, and over here is another mountain...)

Jeez, I go to check in and it's Utah and butts everywhere.

chickadee, YAY. Big congratulations to you! 80 lbs lost is incredible. Just amazing.

celrae, have you heard of myofascial release? It really helped me with my PF last year, and my shoulder this year. It' super cheap too, you just have to invest in a lacrosse or tennis ball. New shoes are good as well!

Rated, I wish I knew. Time management is the worst thing for me. Regular meal times just go out the window, so I try to have snacks around that I won't binge on (apples, carrots, etc.) Life and school get insane sometimes, but it's always worth it to set whatever time and energy you can aside for yourself or you'll go crazy. Sometimes it helps me to be in the moment, realize I'm stressing out, and instead of eating to try and relax, consciously force myself to relax and let it go. Tea is also very comforting, studying friendly, and calorie free. Hang in there!

So, my birthday was yesterday, which was full of school and work (it's fun being an adult). My roommate did make me the best brownies ever, and I had one after our run together. Then I put them on the fridge, where they hopefully won't call to me as much.

This weekend is going to be a big challenge, however. My friends always celebrate birthdays on the weekends, and we usually celebrate a LOT. I suggested a movie instead of dinner, but I have a birthday lunch tomorrow and then drinks after the movie, so I've got to plan ahead. I also just took my math final today. It was very stressful, which is usually a good excuse for me to eat something comforting the weekend after. Well, NOT THIS TIME, buddy. I am staying on calories and getting in all of my scheduled workouts. I have a big hike planned for before lunch, and I'll just have to limit my drinking a bit.

5 days until I finish the shred. Also, I was kind of bad and peeked at the scale yesterday and it was up. This is why I don't look at the scale through the week, but I'm nervous. Oh well. As long as I'm OP.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:43 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

JoyfulVegGirl- Thanks I will look into it. So much pain now, it is silly.

RMC- Welcome to the Hardcore team, Let's get this party started.

Sarge- I may be on a short sick leave due to the Planter Fasciitis. During tennis last night it felt like I sprained the arch area of my foot. Sever pain that did not go away. R-I-C-E, so it is Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation for me. I think this will get better, I should have take Ibuprofen before tennis. Oh well I will be back soon.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:06 AM   #349  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Missed another evening weigh in, way to much on the go all the time, walked 6.2 miles then biked 6.5 miles for 12.7 total and 66.5 on the week, hmmm, gonna have to step it up a bit to hit 100, will make it work though.

Anyways pretty average days for me other than going non stop trying to fit in everything, still staying active is one of my goals and i am definately making that happen in spades.

Have a nice Friday everybody, give a little extra effort today to celebrate, it's what i do to treat myself now.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM   #350  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

WAKE UP!!!!!!

Happy to see Sarge has been allowed to carry on his "mission" here at 3FC.

Super quick check-in...I agree with Joyful. You miss a few hours around here and there's ...

get yours to the gym....NOW!!!! Sarge off to collect miles and knock down two fitocrats who think they've secured the top spot!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:01 AM   #351  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I had a great physical therapy session yesterday. My PT really kicked my butt-er for an hour!! I can really tell my strength is improving. Then after PT, I went to Zumba class (where I did Zumba while sitting on an exercise ball) Today, I've got yard work to do, and I'm hoping to go to the gym and walk against the current in the lazy river at the gym's waterpark.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #352  

Height: 5' 8"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Finished up 4 miles jogging this am. I really am enjoy my time alone while jogging.

Diyana - the lazy river walking sounds like fun! My kids would love it if our Y had something like that.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:36 AM   #353  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

Good morning platoon and Sarge,

I got caught in the maintenance down time last night so I will make last nights final post this morning.

I finished up my He** week Thursday at 5.5 hours.

That's me in the for-ground, face down in the sand.

But I love it! I feel really proud this morning. And not sore yet?????

Hardcore ladies than puts my minutes at 570.

Have a great he** week Friday everyone!!!

Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #354  
Bonettey

S/C/G: 384/375/150

Height: 5' 11"

I feel really energized this morning and I want to send it out to all of you.

Have a great butt-er wigglin day!

I feel like dancin

Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Morning everyone!

Just got back from the gym. I can't stand the trainers at the gym, one in particular, the head trainer. When I first joined my gym 2 months ago, he was the one who set up my membership. He told me that he would like to be my personal trainer because he could see I had a lot of resolve right then and he wanted to capitalize on my eagerness right away. I declined, telling him that paying for the gym itself was an expense I had to justify, and that there was no way I would be able to afford an additional $40-80 a month to have a trainer. (Even though I probably could, I just really didn't want a trainer, as my brother and boyfriend are seriously fitness nuts and both said it wasn't worth it to pay for a trainer.) Well, I think this particular trainer took it personally. When I said that he just laughed and said "Well, good luck then...heh." Fast forward to today...I've been going to the gym 4-6 days since, I've lost 15+ pounds, and am still just as eager as I was day 1. This trainer will constantly make snide remarks to me. One day, I was really tired, almost done with my workout, and he came up and said "Oh, just going through the motions, I see." Which I found really rude and discouraging. Anyway, today, I wanted to do Lying Tricep Extensions, which I have never done, so I asked one of the employees at the gym to help show me how to do it and make sure I was doing it properly. This employee sends over my nemesis-trainer. He says he doesn't like when women do that particular exercise, insists on showing me an alternative, which I had already done before, and leaves it at that! I wanted to scream, "BUT I ASKED YOU HOW TO DO LYING TRICEP EXTENSIONS!!!!" Oh well, sorry for that long-winded story about nothing really, but I was mad. I guess I'll take my bf over there next time and get him to show me the proper technique.

I'm officially 24 today. Woo. Haha All my friends want to go out drinking to celebrate, but I don't want to waste the calories, so I'm telling everyone that I already have plans, when I don't. LOL. BF said he would take me out to a nice dinner or cook for me if I don't want to go out, so that's what I'll be doing.

I hope everybody has a wonderful weekend!

Last edited by AnonymouslyYours; 07-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #356  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Holy smokes, you guys. Boxing bootcamp this morning - after all of the set added up, I did 120 pushups and 120 double crunches ON TOP of the regular cardio/weights/boxing workout that the trainer gives me. Arrrrgh, I'm already sore!!!

Hardcore ladies - 675 so far this week!!!

I've kind of dropped off of Fitocracy - it's really tedious to enter in everything I do on a daily basis and it's eating up too much time where I need to be working or exercising or house cleaning... Good luck to everyone that's sticking with that though!

Anon - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a great day. And as far as the trainer thing, ask to speak to the owner or manager. I've had asinine trainers be jerks to me before as well, and I've complained to the owner, and received a free month at the gym. You're there to workout, not be talked down to.

JoyfulVeg - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it was a great one. Have fun celebrating this weekend!

Diyana - I LOVE Zumba, but never thought about doing it on the ball!!! My sister is actually certified and teaches Zumba to special needs kids and adults so she does some chair type Zumba, but the ball adds to core work!

Jeanettey - Way to go on getting in so much exercise!!! That's incredible! And hooray on the energy and good vibes - now I have that song, Apple Bottom Jeans stuck in my head

Reso - You sound busy busy busy! I hope you have a pleasant Friday and a great weekend!!!

Celrae - Plantar Faciitis is the worst!!! I hope you feel better soon.

MadamB - I couldn't help it......I sent you the most amazing butt tattoo in your PM Box.

Last edited by pokeycactus; 07-15-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #357  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

Pokey -- Thank you so much! I did not even think of speaking to the owner of the gym, I was just going to continue to grumble inside my head every time he did something rude, but I don't want him to be discouraging to other people, either! And thank you for the birthday wishes, also! I WISH I could do 120 pushups! I struggle with 10!!!! I saw your pacman butt tattoo before you edited your post, and may I just say "HAHAHHAHAHAH"
Old 07-15-2011, 11:37 AM   #358  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Anon - I thought the PacMan butt tattoo was hilarious too, but it ended up HUGE and I couldn't figure out how to make it an attachment....I don't know if everyone would think I huge PacMan butt would be as funny as I think it is
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #359  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Just a quickie

Round 1: C25K, modified for the DASH, and a few miles on the bike, then rain

Round 2: Coming up now . . . JM here I come, BUST MY BUTT-er

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN . . . WEIGH-INS ARE COMING!!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #360  
Living the Life

Good Morning Platoon!!

9 miles this morning. Whew! I love how the mornings stay cool enough for me to run. The rain last night helped it out. But then it soars into the 100s. So that's motivation to get my outside cardio done by 9 am.

Jeanetty-Way to push through H*ll Week!!

Budget-Glad to hear you are on the mend!

Pokey-Great choices with the movie snacks. I need to do that today when I go. I think we are getting lunch first, but I just want to munch at movies! How was this Pirate's?

Diyana- Wow, your Y sounds awesome. A lazy river...I would so be there.

Good to see Big Brother didn't come after us! They are probably just covering their eyes and saying see no evil....see no evil....

The weekend is looming and last chance workout are coming people. Let's get it together and remember....

PS. HARRY POTTER!!!
Closed Thread