Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 09:28 PM   #286  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Sarge for last week my exercise was measured in miles, not minutes. I will make sure that this week I follow the threesome in terms of minutes, not miles.

Potato chips BAD!
Old 07-03-2011, 10:55 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
BNH-- How far are you to goal in the side challenges? I'm particularly interested in watching those taking on the GooMaster!
Just lost 3.5 out of 12. So I have 8.5 to go.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanettey View Post
I want some exercise motivation and accountability so I would like to join Pokey, Courtney and Celrae's hardcore minutes challenge. ..

One question though, does the time start on sundays? If so I already got 120 minutes to count.

to everyone on their great losses this week!
Excellent! Sunday is our start day.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #289  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

dreamer inspired me to add a little color into my life....so this is for the 4th of july!!!

oh...and sarge sir....that middle finger is in your honor!! bahaha

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE

Old 07-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #290  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

haha your nails look better than mine rainbow is that a sticker you used for the star? if not you are really good at that!
Old 07-04-2011, 06:47 AM   #291  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi everyone. I came home from the hospital on Saturday afternoon and am working on recovering, and I am feeling quite a bit better than I was. I am moving very slowly and only allowed stairs a few times per day, but I am off the narcotic pain meds except at night and I was awake and alert all day yesterday. My stomach is hugely swollen and bruised and very uncomfortable, but to my surprise the scale was only up about 7 lbs when I got on yesterday (by the size of my stomach, I honestly thought I must be up 20+ lbs). I have been very grateful over the past couple days that I had done so much weight training previously - all of those other muscles I've developed are doing well at taking over for the abdominal ones, and since yesterday morning I've been able to get in and out of bed etc. without help. It's actually gratifying to feel the soreness in my back, arms and shoulders, as it means my body is getting some sort of challenge. It will be 6-10 weeks before I'm allowed to really exercise again, but I can't wait to get back to it - and get back to working on weight loss here with all of you. I am hoping to be back and making a pledge again in 2 weeks time. Which is not to say that in the meantime I won't be eating well, as even surgery hasn't gotten me out of the calorie counting mindset.

It seems like the platoon had a really great week - so many new challenges and activities, and lots of win! I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July, and a great week of weight loss.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

GOOD MORNING PLATOON!!!!

Jeanettey - We'd love to have you in the hardcore exercise challenge with us!!!! Welcome to the group! Just be prepared to burn your butt-er! I thought for sure I'd have pokey and celrae beat this week but they smoked me! They're tough competitors! I've only got a half hours of exercise this week. We do start on Sundays.

Wow, look at all that BUTT-er burned this week!!!! Awesome job everyone!

Happy 4th of July to all! I'm stuck at home because my husband needed the car today. So no pool for me today. I will have to work out at home. No problem there! Got my 30 Day Shred and Leslie Sansone to help me with that!

Have a great day everyone! Time to hit the laundry and finish it up since that didn't get completely done yesterday!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #293  

Height: 5' 8"

Chickadee - So glad you were able to go home. Make sure you do not over do it!!! The great thing about eating healthy is that it will help your body heel too.

I will have a busy day celebrating the 4th. I am going to my sisters around 2, then over to a neighbors around 5. When it gets dark we all walk up to a hill and watch the fireworks.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:57 AM   #294  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMSDREAMER2007 View Post
haha your nails look better than mine rainbow is that a sticker you used for the star? if not you are really good at that!
actually, i "punched" out the star with my scrapbook paper punch...then coated it with clear polish

thanks for inspiring me....made me smile and forget my troubles for awhile!!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 AM   #295  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

A little late with totals, was pretty exhausted yesterday, hopefully it's a smooth day today.

Loss : 1/2
Pledge : 2
Miles : 80 + (Not sure but at least 80.)

Miles this week so far are 6.2.

Took quite a while to read through the thread after missing a few days, will try to edit my numbers later this evening.

Chickadee : I'm so sorry to read about your hospital visit, life can sure throw the unexpected when you least deserve/want it. Believe me i know. I sure hope you are on the mend for good this time. Personally after my surgery i took it as just another challenge to overcome.

I'm just finishing up my morning coffee, then time to start a long day, happy fourth of July down south, enjoy yourselves.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #296  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

HAPPY 4th of JULY TROOPS!!! SARGE SALUTES YOUR PHENOMENAL EFFORTS LAST WEEK!

Subtracting the 30 lbs. pledged by members who failed to report in, our platoon of over-achievers EXCEEDED goal by 13.7 pounds... a whopping 24% over goal!!!!!

LET'S DO IT AGAIN THIS WEEK!

Reso-- I knew you were headed off, just not "off grid!" ... you know I worry about you! P.S.---the loon near your boat is MadamB incarnate!

Rainbow -- hahaha...middle finger salute?!?!?!

All--The pledge board is updated in post#281. If I'm missing something or haven't updated something correctly let me know. The spreadsheet is great, but not everyone is using it and many people went AWOL this week. Also, I like the visual of the pledge board where we can see all the numbers together so we keep both?!?!?

I'll update our trek tomorrow, but I know we're already 1/2 way across the United States!!! THAT'S A LOT OF MILES!!!!!

Last edited by JayTee; 07-04-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #297  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
[SIZE="6"]

Rainbow -- hahaha...middle finger salute?!?!?!
ahem.... hahahaha yeah...but with a star!!! cause YOU'RE A STAR!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #298  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Rainbow--This platoon is full of stars!!!! I just lurked the BL challenge weigh ins. Sarge's infiltrators are kicking as* and taking names!!! LOVING, LOVING, LOVING IT! Buhwahahahahah...
Old 07-04-2011, 09:01 AM   #299  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!

OK, last night was our "3rd of July Party" for the neighborhood . . . I was a little bad, but NOT horrible, and the celebrating is over for me . . . AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GET RIGHT BACK AT IT!!!

OK, ladies I have 9.6 to go and I'm off to MELT SOME BUTT-ER . . . Round 1 in about 10 min

Reso: BEAUTIFUL PICS . . . and the lily is GEORGOUS!!! Glad you had a good time and just relaxing a bit

SARGE: YES, I'm a loon, I saw that short, but sweet comment between you and Peanut . . . I can't really argue, 'cause I am a bit of a loon

Rainbow & Dreamer: Love the nails

Chickadee: So glad you're on the mend, just make sure you listen to your body while it heals and don't overdo it!!!

BNH, Cheshire & Peanut: OH BOY, I am going to have to double time it all week, I have a bit of ground to cover!!!

OK, enough gabbing, TIME TO BURN SOME BUTT-ER!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 09:28 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Sarge (This got me laughing)
Reso-- I knew you were headed off, just not "off grid!" ... you know I worry about you! P.S.---the loon near your boat is MadamB incarnate!

Up early and walked 4 miles, trying to get the exercise in early it has been hot here. No Ac in the house or gym membership so it is do early or die. <G> 11:00am tennis almost killed me.

Positives
1. My friends have started to exercise and call me for tennis and walking dates.
2. When I look down I can't see my stomach anymore, the chest is getting in the way.
3. I have been focused for almost 12 weeks.
4. I am adding new physical challenges every week and doing well.
5. I have not injured myself.

Courtney, Pokey, and Jeanettey- I am at 2 hours and 53 min.

Last edited by celrae; 07-04-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Closed Thread