Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:16 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 222/156.0/145

Height: 5'7''

K, back and showered. c25k w6d3 was tough, but I completed it. Ran for 25 minutes straight! I went just over 2.3 miles during my run, and another .3ish during my walk to warm up and cool down.

I only did 8 sets with weights, though. After the 2nd set on my 3rd rotation of exercises, I got super dizzy again. I think maybe I am not eating enough. I am pretty sure I have eaten right at 1200 most days, but some days I get paranoid that I am underestimating my calories and I hold myself back around 1000. I don't know. It may also be that c25k has reached a point of intensity where I need to split my workout days into cardio and weight training, instead of trying to do both. Or maybe I am just not getting enough sleep. Stupid video games.

Josey -- Good luck today, girl. I hope you don't wait too long -- it's HOT out there! Can't wait to hear how it went! I can't believe we have gotten to the point of no return -- all running from here on out. SO crazy to me!

Envelope -- Oh no! How old is your son? How did he hurt himself? I hope his run today goes just great and he will be 5k-ing it up tomorrow! I also hope you enjoy your walk with your daughters. I still get up early and go for walks with my mom when I am back home visiting. I love those walks.

Kelly -- I hope your wedding is fantastic! North Carolina should be gorgeous right now!

Chesh -- I love both pineapple AND July! haha, why is July a fun month for you?! I turn 24 this month...which is super depressing! haha

Courtney -- New bathing suit!? Too fun! Get a cute one hehe

MadamB -- your posts are always just exciting to read! I smile every time I see a new one!!

Everyone, thanks for the kind words about the spreadsheet. Totally understand if it doesn't work out, but I enjoy making spreadsheets and I love charts, so I make them for fun. I made one for myself that tracks my weight, weight lost weekly, percent of body weight lost weekly, percent lost overall, BMI, lbs to goal, lbs lost, average weekly lost, weeks left to goal based on my average loss rate, percent of goal completed, and has a thermometer chart tracking pounds lost and a line chart tracking my weight....and all I do is put in my weight each week. If any of you would like something like that, please let me know, and I will make a page for you. My personal tracker
Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #152  
At it again

Morning everyone.

Rated - ok, so you've got the edge at the moment (170 to 150 minutes, as of last night), but that's just going to motivate me all weekend long! Are we going to keep this a Wed to Wed count or do you want to shift it to Sundays, since that's when Sarge begins the new week? Either is fine with me!

Sounds like everyone is having a busy, productive week. I'm not having my best week, but I'm still plugging along. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation that I find here each day.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #153  

Height: 5' 8"

Anon - I love your personal tracker. If you have time in between your workouts and life I would love one!!!

My son is 11 and got his concussion on the last day of hockey tryouts. He made the team. He did fine jogging this morning and is off playing in the neighborhood.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #154  
MELTIN' MY BUTT-ER BUNS

S/C/G: 199.6/139.4/135-140

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, I'm glad to see EVERYONE is make the best of LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS . . .

I was up early, 30 DS, Level 2, Oh I love JM . . . she whips me into shape . . . then to the garden to finishi hoeing and I put up a quasi fence of sorts for the peas to attach themselves to . . . they keep falling over so now they have strings to hook their little antennae like things to. Of course the dirt is rock hard so I had to beat (literally) the stakes into the ground then string the string around them . . . It is so hot, sweat was literally flowing off my face . . . It seriously felt like a workout . . .

Cheshire: OK woman . . . you're ON!!! Catch me if you can bike2: . . .
OK, so You and Kendra have 9 to go, bnh and I will do 12 . . . I'll have a cold beer ready to hand you when you get there . . . LOLOLOLOL

Kendra: How did the FF's go last night, were they talking to you??? In case you haven't caught up the race is NOW 4-WAY. I'll see you at the finish line too . . .

Bnh: you out sweatin' BUTT-ER . . . I hope so, cause now Cheshire's in on the race too . . . so hang on 'cause we're gonna be DRIPPIN' BUTT-ER ALL THE WAY THERE!!!

Ok, off to to JM Yoga meltdown . . . I can't talk all this SMACK and then lay down and take a nap!!!!

SARGE: It's Friday . . . Do you have the wine bottle and corkscrew ready??? I'm saving alcohol until Sunday AFTER weigh-in . . . Have you recovered from our . . . um SMACK DOWN . . . LOLOLOL
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Sarge - Awesome idea! I went to their website and found that the 6 oz. Victoria's filet with two sides of fresh seasonal veggies (no butter) and worcestershire sauce will run me 630 calories! After my 30 minute treadmill and the 30 Day Shred later on, that leaves me with enough calories to burn on a slice of that heavenly warm bread with no butter too! Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 07-01-2011 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 07-01-2011, 11:36 AM   #156  
Living the Life

Munching on cucumbers now.
6.5 miles on the bike. I had to do a tick check, I found two crawling on me.
Ugg. Luckily they had not latched on yet. Remember to check for ticks if you are out in tall grass or woods!! Or just out where you know they are.

Anon-That made me laugh...I have a July birthday too...but I'm turning 28. It's all good in the hood, we just get better with age.
Plus I'm getting a new phone (My first smart phone!) and it's our anniversary this month. July is awesome. And you are awesome for being a July baby too.

As for your dizziness--are you drinking water and making sure you have ventilation? I get way over heated when I workout inside my house and it makes me nauseous and dizzy. I have to make sure to put the fan on, open a door on cooler days.

As for the food--eat more (healthy food of course!!) According to those random calorie calculators my BMC is around 1400. That's the calories I need just to function through a day. I usually have up to 2200-2300 calories for maintenance on the weight I am now. So with exercise I am for around 1700 calories. Of course this is all relative to your body and it's not a precise science since I did all myself.

Mad-B--ohh you just hold onto that cold beer, it's calling my name but I can hold out until after weigh in too! You are not getting any advantages in this round!

Watch out Kendra and Bnh--it's on!

Run, run as fast as you can, you can't catch me as I burn off my butt-er sauce as fast as I can!

Old 07-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #157  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

@Anon I did it too!! YAYY! It was tough, especially the last 3 minutes were killing me. But I did it! W6? DONE!!! I am not sure if I can do it again though. But hey, that's what I always say. haha.
I finally gotta check out your spreadsheet now! I love Excel and charts too. I totally geeked out on my weight loss charts ;-)

@envelope good luck at the 5k tomorrow!

Off to Canada Day festivities soon!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #158  
Michelle

S/C/G: 308.8/ticker/155

Good morning all:

I do like the spreadsheet. I don't think I said the other day.

Courtney - if you're sodium sensitive, you can also tell them at Outback that you don't want any marinade or rubs on your steak (or whatever you get). They're cooperative like that. If you're not sodium sensitive, don't sweat it.

I am sodium sensitive and this morning I have the softball ankles to prove it. Now I get to play detective and figure out what I ate yesterday that did this to me.

The sodium thing is a sucky problem of midlife. But the one positive side to it, is that it has proven to me that I really can control my eating when I choose to. For someone who often feels out of control with food, that's huge. My family can't understand how I can be so picky and careful about my low sodium diet and still so wild and foolish about overeating too many calories. I think the difference is immediate feedback.

Yesterday, I had pretty little feet and ankles with definition of the ankle bones. Today, I have soft ball ankle (meaning they're the size and shape of softballs) and bloated, puffed up feet that won't fit in my cute sandals. And it's because of something I ate in the last 24 hours (really, it doesn't even take 24 hours to see the signs).

It's easy to acknowledge the connection and avoid doing that again. I'm not even tempted, because who wants puffy, sore feet and immediate shoe limitation?

It's harder, so much harder, to see the connection with overeating and weight gain because fat shows up so much more slowly and is spread so thinly over the body until there's quite a lot of it. It's easy to believe that one extra little something won't really hurt.

If overeating were the same as the sodium thing, I would overeat on Wedneday, immediately wake up 100 lbs heavier on Thursday, say 'woah, that sucked - not going to do that today', and then not overeat on Thursday. By Friday I'd be down 75 lbs. By Monday, I'd be thin. Immediate feedback. Would make a big difference. I'm just saying.

Okay, off to play detective. Have a good afternoon, guys.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the tip, BudgetBaby! Too much salt makes me retain water so I don't use it very often. I'll cook with it a little but never add it to my food. I'll let them know to leave off the salt while cooking. Thanks!

Just got back from my 30 minutes on the treadmill!

Celrae and Pokey - I'm up to 570 minutes of exercise so far this week! Where are y'all at?

Last edited by CourtneyDaisey; 07-01-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #160  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Anon I love your progress tracker chart. I would love it of you would make a blank one for me. I need all the incentives, etc I can get.

On Sunday I would like to join any side challenge that involves workout times but not distance. I don't have a bike so there's no way I can challenge a biker, unless it's on times.

I bought potato chips for my boys and their friends yesterday and the lesson that I learned by 2 AM was to pour what they don't eat into the TRASH. Not into my own personal garbage disposal...... I was up like a zombie just making potato chips into BUTT-er. There's just no excuse.

Today I must put myself through some self inflicted physical pain to make up for my indiscretions. The two things I won't do, just because I'm feeling that hopeless, eff-it feeling, are to give up or give in!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #161  
Winner by Losing

S/C/G: 201/162/140

Height: 5'3" if I stand up really straight!

Budget I totally get what you're saying about the immediate results. I'm not salt sensitive but I can tell when I've had too much sodium.
Good luck sleuthing out the culprit!
Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Reading posts about the platoon putting in more sweaty workout minutes that they ever had before makes Sarge very

made me think of James Brown song, GET UP OFFA THAT THING...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1w0...eature=related

Kendra--Way to keep up being a shred-head!

Rated -- Nice, a little competition and Sarge lurking got you fired up!

Awaiting -- Glad you seem to be turning a corner of sorts. Don't fret the one day of Chili's...just get back at it and keep headed in the right direction.

Celrae-- A day of rest, perhaps a weekend...but try not to take a week. It's not so much scale damage that occurs, it's just too hard to get back in the routine if you take a big chunk of time off.

Been pondering the spreadsheet some more...I say let's give it a whirl this weekend, but Sarge is gonna keep the old format updated too just in case we turn out to be transitionally, or (like Kendra)...electronically challenged. Here's the spreadsheet link again for those who missed it (or can't keep up with all our posts!): https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...CIOe6aQF#gid=0

Now make like James Brown...

Get up offa your BUTT-er,
and sweat 'till you feel better ...

Tried the spread sheet and am feeling fairly confident I did it right. I think it is a great idea; and thanks for maintaining the old format while we test it.
I have to tell you, all this exercise is making me want to go back to the gym a couple of days a week.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:58 PM   #163  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Sarati - you can join us (me, Courtney and Celrae), but be prepared to log some serious time to keep up!!!!

Courtney - 660 minutes!!!! BEAT THAT!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

[QUOTE=MadamButterfly;3916309]Bnh: you out sweatin' BUTT-ER . . . I hope so, cause now Cheshire's in on the race too . . . so hang on 'cause we're gonna be DRIPPIN' BUTT-ER ALL THE WAY THERE!!![QUOTE]

I have been sweating, but I've been avoiding the scale. I might be weighing in tomorrow, since I'll be heading out of town. We'll see if I have what it takes to run with the big dogs, huh? BTW, Cheshire-welcome to the challenge. It's nice to have someone who can compete with Madam's smack talk. Love that you chose my favorite panda to represent (didn't love the gingerbread man-that just made me what a cookie)!
Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 175/147/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutt View Post
Cool spreadsheet! I updated my week so far. Now Sarge will have more time for chatting and butter melting!

Attention scale addicts!! Read this post. Read it now, bookmark it for later and come back the next time you're fretting and stressing about the number on the scale. Don't forget that there's so much more to this new healthy lifestyle we all want to live than the number that shows up on that scale.
Thanks for the link! I have been on Paleo diet since the first of this year. He is right...my body takes up less space. [/COLOR]However, I have not seen a lot of weight loss. (I quit angsting over the scale after a few months.) It seems that the more I exercise, the smaller I get. Size 12 to size 8!

Last edited by jojotheyoyo; 07-01-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Closed Thread