Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM   #256  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." ~Wayne Dyer

Just thought I'd share this motivational quote I discovered a few minutes ago. It really hit home for me, so it now lives in my signature. Keep up the great work, ladies!

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-15-2010 at 03:37 PM.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:38 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

ninepaw - since you've been out of the 250s for days, do you get to update your ticker now or do you have an official weigh-in day when you do that? Congrats on doing well away from home - that's always tough.

terapet - I've run off and on since high school but really picked it up again more seriously in the last year since I started working on losing weight. I'm prone to shin splints and runner's knee so I'll probably never be a longer distance runner but I'd like to get up to 5-6 miles. Right now, I usually run 3-4 miles 4x/wk. I try to balance it out with zumba classes a few times a week but running is so much more flexible. Way to go getting in your walk before the heat and humidity get even worse! An air conditioned class sounds good - do you guys use weights in your body sculpting class?

I'm sticking to plan so far and having a good day. Hope you guys are too!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #258  
Diana Kay

Wednesdays are my "official" days as far as weight goes, although I'm tempted to move the ticker anyway... I was so mad when I had to move it up a pound last Wednesday! But even if I happen to be up tomorre(I really hope not!), it's still gonna be a downward motion on the ticker tomorrow, so I can deal.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 AM   #259  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone! I've been to Curves and done a walking video this morning. Now I just need to do something tomorrow! I've started developing an every other day pattern and that just won't do right now when I have the time to exercise everyday!! If only facebook had a walking game.....
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:49 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Good Morning girls,

I am off to step class in a minute. I am so sore today from body sculpting. I don't always get this sore but I think it has to do with missing classes when I was sick. Just have to work my way back up.

fc-Mostly I just like to go anyway, but when I have problems with exercise I like to look at it like brushing your teeth. Just something to do everyday. At least the walking video is something to do at home rather quickly.

ninepaw-I am going to choose not to be miserable! Thanks for the motivational tip.

dancer-yes we use weights and bars in body sculpting. I was up to 7.5 and 9 pound weights and a 15 pound body bar but after being sick I am using 5 and 7.5 pound weights and a 12 pound body bar. Such is life. I used to be a runner of sorts. Never as far as 5 to 6 miles runs though. I guess I am not much of a natural athlete. Now-a-days I run on the treadmill very occasionally. I am thinking if maybe I lose some more weight it might be something I could do more often.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:44 PM   #261  
Diana Kay

You guys you guys you guys!!!!!

I WEIGH 247 POUNDS TODAY!!!

Sorry for the shouting, but I got *so* excited when I got on the scale like five times this morning and every time it said the SAME thing!!! That's 19 pounds! That's one pound away from having lost twenty pounds! That's two pounds away from the first goal I set myself! OMG!!! Of course this is made better by the fact that it's Wednesday, so I can MOVE my ticker DOWN!!!

Moments like this are why I am able to keep going when I don't really want to.

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-16-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #262  

ninepaw - woohoo! You are doing really well! Are you starting to feel your clothes fitting differently? Where are you seeing the changes the most when you look in the mirror?

terapet - ouch on the sore muscles! I think you are so smart to look at exercise like brushing your teeth - I'm trying to get more like that but still have the old habit of wanting to check if I 'feel' like doing it. I'm always happy afterwards but I am not always successful at using that to get me out the door. I'm getting a little better but could use some tips if you have any. Sounds like you are pretty athletic to me! I know summer is so crazy hot where you are but is there anywhere outside that might be fun and safe to run? I don't have the will power to stick to it for long on a treadmill *sigh* - it seems much more boring (for me personally-I know others feel differently) than being outside.

Sticking to plan so far today but not making any new progress as I'm just making up for the not-so-on-plan weekend still. Off to zumba tonight after work. What's everyone else up to?
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

dancer-There is another big problem besides the heat when running in Atlanta-lots and lots of hills. The reason I run on the treadmill is because it is so much easier. I have run outside before though and one strategy is just to walk the steep hills. My one rule of thumb though is I do not want to drop dead just so I can run. I see that in the paper around here. They are usually older fitness buffs which is a category I am fast approaching. At least at the Y someone will notice. Ha-Ha.

ninepaw-Congrats on the weight loss. 19 pounds is a significant chunk of change.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:19 PM   #264  

Ok, girls, this thread has quieted down way too much!!

aleks - how are you doing this week?

mcK - are you sticking to your exercise challenge?

ninepaw - are you still doing a happy dance by the scale? Hope so!

terapet - what classes are you doing this week?

fc - did you make it to curves again?

rochester - have you had a good reason to wear your newly-fitting dressy t-shirt?

I'm heading out for a walk with a friend even though it's pretty toasty out there. Lots o' sun block on this pale-ish redhead

What's everyone up to this weekend?
Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 PM   #265  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Hooray Diana for 247! You go girl!

You're right, Dancer, this thread has been quieter than usual this week. My only excuse for not participating more is that I'm just plain tired. By the time I get home from work, all I want is a nap. I don't know if I'm not straightened out from the crazy not-much-sleep weekend, or if I'm recovering from a couple very stressful weeks, or if my food is off, or what.

My only weekend plans involve dealing with a very neglected house - cleaning, laundry, bill paying, etc. I still need to put winter clothes in storage and organize summer clothes. I've been living out of totes for the last two months. Wow, the excitement.

Have a happy Friday everyone!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

hey guys i been so busy with school i almost forgot about this thread I see you all are doing well and I myself am doing okay just ate a bit too much last night at my cousins party, but i'm picking myself back up and recovering from last night...oh boy i was so full! i woke up this morning and brushed my teeth and i while i was brushing my tongue i triggered my gag reflexes and vomited some food i had last night and that shows how much i ate :O and no i didn't do it intentionally i brush the back of my tongue because theres a lot of bacteria there ewww anywho weekends coming up i hope you guys have fun over the weekend i will be doing homework like the good girl that i am hahahah

btw i saw your post ninepaw it was hard to not notice lol CONGRATS on the 19lb lost and yup 1 more pound and thats like a milestone of 20lb lost woot!
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around. I've been feeling really bummed about my situation. For awhile I felt fabulous, started thinking I was really looking good...and now...geeze I'm over 250...how can I look good...and when I see myself in the mirror I see someone SUPER huge...and disgusting *WAH* I don't really know what's going on with me emotionally.

Last week, I gained...like I knew I would. It was only .4 so that's ok. This week I lost 2.4. Sadly, it doesn't make me feel better about what I look like. (sniffle) Why did I hit this emotional wall?
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #268  

aleks - a wonderful former 3fc-er was really helpful to me when I was getting started here last summer and she said something to watch out for is the emotional lows that sometimes offset the highs of when we're making progress but we all of a sudden realize we have a long way to go. She said to basically try to stay calm and stick to plan when you have those 'ewww - I must get this fat off of me right now' kind of moments. You have made AMAZING progress on your weight loss journey and it will just take a while to finish coming off. I know that doesn't really help when you're in an impatient mood but if it helps, we've pretty much all been there (some of us, me in particular, continue to re-visit ) Keep doing the great stuff that you're doing and your clothes will just start to fall off of you. This is a marathon, not a sprint, right?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #269  
The girl who can

Aleks, I hit that wall myself last night, so I know how you're feeling.

Sometimes this journey seems so long and so hard. It's easy to get in that place where it all seems futile and pointless and to start thinking, "It’s going to take forever and what’s the freaking point anyway?!?"

I let myself be in that place for awhile. I wallowed in the self-pity. I cried. I took a nap. Then I went out on the porch and ate a plum and watched the sun set.

This morning I set down and wrote the progress I've made. Three weeks ago I got exhausted walking from my front door to my car. Now I'm able to run for 90 seconds. Three weeks ago I could barely do the stretches to warm up to run. Now those exercises are easy. Six weeks ago I felt ugly and fat every single time I got dressed. Now I'm putting clothes in the Goodwill pile. Six weeks ago I felt tired and fuzzy all the time. Now I have energy and feel focused. It's tiny...but it's progress.

Just keep your chin up, Aleks, and remind myself that you're moving forward, even if it is baby steps, and you're healthier now then you were a week ago.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #270  
The girl who can

I got a signature!