Old 06-13-2010, 09:30 PM   #241  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybodeeeee!

The SCA event was wonderfulness. I came home rain-soaked, mud-caked, sunburned, and exhausted...all signs of a great weekend. Sorry, no photos, because (1) I'm developing a new persona which means I don't have wardrobe yet so I borrowed Katy's garb and it was about 2 sizes too big for me and not flattering! and (2) the camera became a victim of last night's flash flood.

Today was weigh-in day...another 2 pounds!

Hope everyone had a great weekend...and wishing you a happy skinny week!
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:19 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Congrats on the 2 pounds. Very impressive when you throw in the SCA event. How did you do that?! I am going to visit my family for my vacation this year. I am worried I will totally blow my weight loss when I go. In the meanwhile, I am trying very hard to lose some more before I go home in two weeks.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #243  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

OMG I have GOT to stop missing days on here...LOL! I can not keep up with you all! For the record though I think that is awesome. There isn't much motivation in a thread that doesn't move.

Sooooo....we are half way through June. Can you guys believe that this year is almost half way over already? I can't. Time really does fly by. I'm hoping this summer doesn't though. I'm enjoying the warm weather and getting to do stuff. I think I am fixing to head out to the pool now and get in some laps and then work on the tan

Hope you all had a great weekend and are having a wonderful Monday!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #244  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

eliana - woohoo for the new decade! Keep up the good work!!

terapet - did you get some cute pjs?

ninepaw - there's no rush on finishing c25k, right? Walking is good too and I'm sure the dog is appreciating it. How are you doing without the scale??

rochester - I'm bummed we don't get to see fun pics in costume but congrats on 2lbs - that's very impressive for a weekend away.

mck - I agree on wanting summer to not speed by - I'm enjoying the nice weather and great fruit and long, light evenings too much.

Sounds like everyone is doing well - nice to hear. I didn't stick to plan this weekend and am finding I'm not being as disciplined as I was at this time last year. Oh well - new day, fresh start, right?
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #245  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Rochester, I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend! And two more pounds gone??? Sweet!!!

I am hating the lack of scale because I feel like I don't think about what I'm doing as much when I don't have that little moment of accountability every morning. I'm not making horrible choices, but they aren't always great, either! I'd rather get frustrated seeing the numbers jump around the same few pounds than see nothing at all and worry about what the outcome will be when I finally get to weigh in TOMORROW! It will not come soon enough... Ugh!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #246  

dancer-I did get new pjs, in fact two new pieces. The first is pants with a top with "beauty sleep" embroidered on it and cute slippers and make up pics on the bottoms. The second piece is black with white polka dot chemise. Sooo cute. I'm stylin at nighttime! I kind of laughed at your comment on the nice weather. My husband is on business in Denver and he is freezing! He had to go buy pants because all he had were shorts. Well it beats the humidity and high electric bills we have down here!
Old 06-14-2010, 04:02 PM   #247  

terapet - you're absolutely right - the weather the last few days has been chillier than usual but it should be back up to 80 and sunny tomorrow so there was some wishful thinking in that comment Although cooler is definitely better for running than 90+. Your pjs sound great. I may have to copy you and do some pj shopping soon - I think I'm totally out of date or something on liking to wear short-sleeved sleepshirts (like long t-shirts) as I can hardly ever find them. I'm more than open to suggestions if any of you shoppers have ideas...

ninepaw - hang in there - just one more day!

Last edited by dancerindenver; 06-14-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #248  
The girl who can

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Congrats on the 2 pounds. Very impressive when you throw in the SCA event. How did you do that?!
It was actually easy to stay OP at the event. Lots of grilled dead animals, though I desperately wanted more fruits and veggies. It was a high-protein-almost-no-carb weekend because I can't eat wheat. And I definitely got enough exercise - walking, swimming, dancing.

Dancer, I promise when I get wardrobe I'll post pics! The persona I'm developing is Middle Eastern and I'm feeling (somewhat) compelled to give belly dancing a try. That will make a great photo.

Diana, didn't you say somewhere that you weren't liking yoga? You should read this article about the importance of yoga. I've (attempted) budokon a few times, but mostly I sit there and watch and think, "I do NOT bend like that!"
Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM   #249  

I went to yoga today. I can't bend like that either. I just attempt to move in the same direction. The instructors always remind you to listen to your body so you don't hurt yourself. Yoga is one of things where if you keep doing it you will get better. I love getting more flexible.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:15 PM   #250  
The girl who can

Oh, how could I forget!?! I had another great clothes moment today!

I have a very cute dressy T that I got several months ago. It was very snug (like unwearable) but it was super cheap so I bought it. On a whim I tried it on this morning, and it's actually almost too big! AND I have a pair of slacks that almost went in the Goodwill pile because they no longer fit, but I always loved the way they fit so I held onto them. I was able to wear them today!
Old 06-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #251  

Congrats on the clothes nsv's. Awesome!

Interesting how you stayed on plan by eating meat. That was a good idea.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:54 PM   #252  
Diana Kay

Thanks for the article, Rochester! I can see how yoga is beneficial, it's just not my favorite thing in the world. The class I'm taking is taught in the Hatha style, which involves slow, controled movements and holding poses... I'm just not a slow moving sort of girl! That, and I perpetually feel like I'm going to fall over sometimes. But! It's a six week class, and today kicked off the second week... So we shall see!

Oh, and Rochester - I was just lamenting a couple nights ago how I wished I could bellydance! Seems like it would be so much fun....

I'm so excited to be heading back home late this evening! I'll be back with my precious scale... I know I'm obsessive, but I really do think having access on a daily basis is beneficial for me!

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-14-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:30 AM   #253  

Rochester and ninepaw - there are some decent belly dance fitness workout dvds if you're interested in an introduction to the moves and a workout at the same time. I have a great teacher here in Denver but I haven't been going to her classes for a while as she moved locations. I may need to get started again - the ab/core work you end up doing in class seems really good.

Yoga doesn't seem to be my thing particularly either (although my sis is practically obsessed with it) but I may not have given it enough of a chance. I'd like to get more flexibility though and need to start some kind of stretching routine (besides my super quick stretches before and after I run) as it seems like it helps in injury prevention for us old folks.

ninepaw - hope the scale has good news for you this morning!

rochester - almost nothing is as fun as having something all of a sudden fit - good for you!

Off for a run - hope you all are having a great day!
Old 06-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #254  

Hi Ladies-

I went for a long walk this morning with the neighbor. I love a good chat with my friend. Boy was it ever hot. Later I am going to the nice air conditioned Y for body sculpting. Today is salad for lunch and grilled chicken for dinner. (was suppose to have yesterday but changed plans) I am so glad to be actually following through with my plan on this weight loss journey. I think a lot of it has to be with not working and my trip to visit family in two weeks but thats cool for the time being.

dancer/rochester/ninepaw-belly dancing, now there is something I have not seriously considered before. Maybe because I am not so fond of my belly. I bet it is fun though. I will have to look to see if it shows up on cable for free.

dancer-How long have you been running? Is it your main exercise?

Melissa-Glad to hear from you. An invigorating lap in the pool sounds so refreshing right now.

ninepaw-I am the same way about the scale. I don't know what I am going to do when I go on vacation. I guess tough it out!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #255  
Diana Kay

Hooray!!! I woke up this morning in my own bed, in my own house, with my own scale that actually works! And after all those days of stressing out (I realize it was only four days... But that seemed so long!!!), I hopped on there not really sure what to expect... And it said 248!!! I am totally happy with this outcome, since that's what it had said the day I left for housesitting, and I wasn't sure if I could trust it or not. Being lower would have been cool, but being honest with myself I did almost no exercising in the last five days, so maintaining that little happy number is just as good! Because let's face it... Just being out of the 250's is pretty awesome.

The thing that made me even think about wanting to belly dance the other day was that I'd gone out with a friend somewhere and there was a bellydancer... She was fun to watch, and it gave me some comfort that she wasn't a tiny little thing - She had a little extra weight on her, but it looked good. She also seemed to be having a good time! That sure doesn't suck!