Old 06-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #196  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Eliana-You are a nut! No, just kidding. I love exercising also. Enjoy your bootcamp workout! It looks like we have the same regard for gardening as well. Lucky for me, my husband chooses yardwork over weight training. He has been working on putting in a patio for the last year. Presently he is at the part where he is laying the bricks which requires carrying the bricks up a hill from the driveway. No way I could do what he does.
Blech, yard work! LOL! I envy you your husband's drive. My husband and I, unfortunately, are the same in that area. Neither of us likes to work in the yard. We just moved in October to a house with a gorgeous yard and I am determined to keep it up! We moved from a low maintenance boring yard with no trees to a house with practically a forrest in the backyard and more plants/shrubs/green-stuff than I know what to do with! And some of it I can tell from the weeds! But the pay off is worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post

I don't think you are a nut at all! It just sounds like you love exercise. I think if I could get some weight off me that I would love running. I like running now, and I have EXCELLENT breathing control....but my joints and muscles hurt so bad. I figure is from carrying around almost 300 pounds....

What I do wonder is are you married/ do you have kids/ do you work? I just don't see how I would ever have time for 3 hours of exercise a day 6 days a week! SHEESH!
That's great that you have good breathing control! Heck, that's half the battle! And there are so many great exercises out there that will prepare you now for running later. The elliptical, for instance, is excellent and great on the joints. Walking is perfect as it works pretty much the same muscles and is like a stepping stone to running. I could not have run at my heaviest. I'm surprising myself that I can run now. There was a woman at the gym today who is probably around my highest weight, though she's quite a bit taller so probably more. She was running and I felt so proud for her, and I don't even know her! She ran intervals no more than about two minutes a few times, but I was super impressed.

And yes, I have a family. My kids are 8 and 10. I'm at the gym at 5:30 every morning so my three hours of work puts me home shortly after 8:30 in the morning which is about the time they're all waking up. Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninepaw View Post
I'm supposed to be doing W2D1 today of running, but I'm kinda feeling crampy and gross, so I'm not sure. Might have to wait for tomorrow.
I don't know if there's any truth to this for anyone but me, but I find the more oxygen I take in (exercise) the better I feel and cramps go away. I noticed this back in high school. I play the flute and there were times I didn't want to because of cramps, but I found that if I did make myself play, I always felt better. I still find this true today. Weird. Give it a try.

I'm so impressed with your motivation to plow through C25K! You can do it, and what a sense of accomplishment at the end! Shoot, I felt super accomplished at the end of each session.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Eliana - you are a major exercise stud! Very impressive!

ninepaw - what did you decide on the running stuff today? If you went, I hope it all felt good. I usually find that the hardest thing is getting out the door. Once I get going it's usually not so bad. Sometimes the mental hurdles are the highest, don't you think?

mcK - good for you doing all that yard work - you rock! I'm going to try to start getting some yard stuff done in the evenings after work but I'm so far behind, I barely know where to start! I totally agree with Eliana that running gets much easier on your body and your joints as you move along your ticker so walking and doing other less high impact stuff is a great way to ease into it. My knees hurt a bunch when I ran last summer at a heavier weight and are much much better this year so I wouldn't be surprised if you had a similar thing happen.

Hope you all are doing great...
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:47 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

ok while i was bored in class today i made up my exercise challenge for this week
Monday
>treadmill walk/jog for 20mins
>then go on elliptical and do intervals on that 40mins
>work on my legs

Tuesday
>stationary bike 45mins
>work on arms

Wednesday
>elliptical with intervals for 1hr
>work on legs

Thursday
>walk/jog on treadmill for 1hr
>work on arms

Saturday
>stationary bike 20mins
>walk on treadmill for 30mins

Hope everyone has a great exercise week!

Oh yeah and today is my weigh-in I now weigh 169 so I lost 2.8lbs! WooHOO!

Last edited by cheerios; 06-07-2010 at 07:50 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #199  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Melissa, you totally misunderstood!! I bought the videos years ago and then never opened them!! They arrived in pristine condition and today, about 5 or more years later, I'm thinking about opening them up!! Pathetic, isn't it?

If you are looking for videos, collage.com has a great selection and you can watch previews there.

I made it to Curves today!!

Last edited by fcmonroe; 06-07-2010 at 09:23 PM.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

Hey guys...not doing good here and I don't know whY? I have been exercising as usual...but my scale shows me up 5 pounds back to 262!!! WAAAHHHH why??? This is the first real weight gain in 4 months and I'm sad sad sad!!! I hope I can at least lose 2-3 of those before I weigh in on Thurs. I really don't want to see the 260s anymore..I feel like I've been stuck in them forever!!!!!

I'll try and get through and get caught up with you ladies tomorrow!! XO

In other news though, I added a super yummy recipe on my blog (link below) if you wanna check it out!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #201  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hey guys! No running today. Actually wanted to when I got home a few minutes ago, but it's already dark and that's one of those things I just don't do. Bummer! Guess I'll have to do it tomorrow. No biggie! I'm happy to say the day wasn't a total exercise loss! After our first yoga class tonight(Which was mostly just talking about what we'd be doing and a couple breathing exercises), my friend and I walked around campus trying to find her fall classes... Which we pretty much failed at, but we got a decent amount of walking in! So at least there was that.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #202  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

ALEKS--It's just a speed bump. Seems to me you have two choices:

1. Grit your teeth, keep doing what you're doing now and see what happens in a week or two.

2. Look back through food journals, memory and see what has changed recently--maybe you've been eating something that is higher in sodium than you thought, etc.

3. Change things up. Try a new exercise class or video, some new recipes things like that. Sometimes we just get too comfortable and don't take enough care with the food plan and exercise.

I think you should go with option number one!! It's a speed bump, not a road block.
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:28 AM   #203  
Calorie counter

Aleks, what's going on? What could the five pounds be, do you think? Have you eaten any sodium hidden foods lately like ham, deli meat or dinner out? Have you increased strength training? Those things could explain a slight gain. Keep plugging! I'm glad to hear exercise is going well, except you said "as usual". Are you changing things up? Making harder and/or different?

Ninepaw, I remember trying and failing at finding classes my freshman year in college! LOL! I got around by sneaking a peek over fellow classmates' shoulders at their schedules and then stalking them to class. It worked! I am SO directionally impaired.

Good workout this morning, though I didn't have time for my second cardio session. I had to get home before DH left the house. We're going to the amusement park today though, and I think that should count!

Last edited by Eliana; 06-08-2010 at 08:30 AM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

aleks - hang in there! If you know what you've been eating and exercising on plan, it's incredibly unlikely that you have gained 5lbs extra of actual fat literally overnight. There are a bunch of extra possibilities, the most likely of which is holding on to extra water, either because of high sodium or because you've been working your muscles extra hard and the microtears in muscles hold on to extra water. I bet you'll see most of that extra number fall right back off today and tomorrow. Keep on charting the fluctuations in the scale and pretty soon you'll be able to predict some of those in advance. For instance, when I go on an extra long hike, I pretty much expect to be up a pound or two the next day from water in my muscles and then back down that pound or two plus at least another half pound the following day. Anyway, I know it can be super discouraging but keep doing your thing - you are doing great and making tons of progress. This is just a blip!!

ninepaw - a walk around campus is a great substitute for your run. Will you give running another shot today?

eliana - have fun at the amusement park today! Are you bringing snacks or anything? I find those places tricky for finding healthy food options.

fc - I'm the same way with exercise dvds - I buy them in a fit of good intentions and then they sit around and collect dust since I would almost always rather get my exercise outside. *sigh*

Off for an early run in a few, before it gets crazy hot.

Here's to a skinny Tuesday, girls!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #205  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerindenver View Post

eliana - have fun at the amusement park today! Are you bringing snacks or anything? I find those places tricky for finding healthy food options.
Definitely! Eating at the park defeats the health perks, that's for sure! We have passes and we live just down the road, so there's no need for us to eat there. I'm the mom looking stylish with a fanny pack of snacks. Today it's going to be filled with a water bottle, Fiber One bars and an apple each if it will all fit. We'll have two fanny packs to distribute it between. We'll eat a real meal at home.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

cheerios-Congrats on busting into a new decade! I love when that happens. The number on the scale looks so much nicer.

fc-Congrats for staying committed to your program at Curves.

I went to the Styx/Foreigner concert last night at Chastain Amphitheater. It was so awesome but missed having white wine with my candlelight due to being on medication. Good for the weight loss though!

Still not up to exercising but eating like a bird! (at least compared to my usual somewhat voracious appetite!) All my clothes are fitting better. I would really like to bust this decade and I am getting very close.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 PM   #207  
Diana Kay

The funny thing about us not being able to find her classes was that I've been there for a good three semesters now, so I thought I pretty much knew where things were! But then she had some very weird room numbers, and we were confused. But hey, we walked all over everywhere trying to find them, so yay for that!

ALEKS - Chin up, girl! You'll get through this. That's why you have us here! Just keep pushing through, or do one of the things fcmonroe suggested. Sooner or later, somethings gotta give!

Eliana - Oooooh amusement parks are so much fun! And definitely involve a ton of walking, so hooray for that!

As for me, I'm getting annoyed even though I know I probably shouldn't. I've been sitting on the same little range of weight for the last two and a half weeks or so... 250-252ish, with a whole two 249's in there, just to taunt me. What the heck is this?? I mean right now I know that the weekend was a big thing as far as food goes, so that part would be understandable... But argh! Two and a half weeks? Really!? I realize the scale isn't the end-all-be-all for my losses, but still! I'd like to be seeing downward motion, just so I can confidently feel like I'm not doing nothing.

Going to get out and try W2D1 soon... I can't really say I'm excited. The scale is getting to the point where it's putting me in a funk.

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-08-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #208  
Diana Kay

Oh goodness ladies. Someone catch me before I fall over!

I went out, like a good kid, and ran W2D1 of C25K... And it was so. Freaking. BRUTAL. I cannot begin to express the rediculousness of it all. Maybe I'm just being dramatic... But seriously, it seemed SO hard! The intervals only got 30 seconds longer(So 90 seconds jogging, 2 minutes walking) but I have to say that that 2 minutes between the jogging seems to go by at an insanely fast speed! I seriously wasn't sure if I could make it... But I ended up coaching my way through it, verbally. "This is the last run coming up, don't you dare give up!" "Only 20 more seconds, come on!!!" etc! But I made it, and I'm sitting here with a beautiful glass of water, happy to report back to you all. I did it!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:42 PM   #209  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Oh. my. goodness.

I did C25K this morning (with my new running buddies!). I rocked it!

When I got home, I decided to start the 100 Pushups plan that I'd been debated about, and did 58 girlie pushups (in intervals).

Then this afternoon, I had to walk about 8 blocks for something I had to do for work.

My thighs! My hips! My arms! My chest!

And I have been so freakin' HUNGRY. Every two hours my body is saying, "Can we have some more? Please?" My calories are still within limit but I feel like I've grazed my way through the day.

Wowzers.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:13 PM   #210  
Diana Kay

Great job getting out there today Rochester! I feel you on the hungry thing... Any day I run, I'm always more hungry than my off days! Pretty crazy, but hey! Gotta keep the body happy!