Old 07-11-2010, 01:50 AM   #361  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

I could never get sick of your clothing NSVs, Rochester! They're so much fun to read! And this one is definitely fantastic! Congratulations to you once more!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #362  
Diana Kay

Ohhh goodness girls, I just came to a realization that I'm not gonna be happy with! I'm going to be leaving on the 21st to drive with my mom to Washington for my cousin's wedding. I'll be gone a week... And I just thought abotu the fact that I'm not going to be weighing myself for that whole week! I mean, there may be a scale at someone's house or something, but it won't be my scale, and I probably won't get to step on it naked in the morning like I normally would! So I will be sans-scale for a whole long week and I am going to hate it... But it will sure as **** be interesting!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

I love hearing everyone's NSV's! DH took a couple pics...he's shorter than me, so I ALWAYS have so many chins! YIIICK. Anyways, I'll share them with you once he's uploaded.

Plus my pants pic hehe!

Hope they turned out...or I'm not posting them LOL

I worked all weekend, so I haven't been around But, now I don't have to work a weekend until 2 weeks from now! heh!
ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #364  

This is what 254 pounds looks like:

Last edited by ALEKS; 07-11-2010 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:14 PM   #365  

awww I can't see these pics anymore..if you can't I have a whole slew of pics on my blog!

http://halfthewomaniam.blogspot.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 09:23 PM   #366  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

Aleks! You are gorgeous...and those pictures show a HUGE change!

@Diana - Just think about what it will be like when you haven't weighed in a week, and you finally step on that scale, and see a whole week's worth of loss!

Nothing new & exciting to report here. The scale is still being stubborn, the clothes are still falling off (and the dichotomy of that makes my brain hurt ). Stressful week at work because my editor is on vacation so I'm doing both her job and my own. And totally freakin' out about doing the 5K on Saturday. Oh, and my niece had a baby this morning! I can't wait to meet him! Have to schedule that into my week somewhere.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:31 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hey Ladies wherever you are!

I had a pretty good day today. I am really happy about my fitness progress.I absolutely love getting stronger. I am back to two risers in my step class and I had time to go to both step and yoga today. It feels awesome. I ate really well most of the day until dinner when I ate some higher calorie food that could and should have been avoided. However the total for the day was still within bounds so I am not going to get too weirded out about it. Tomorrow I may try jogging on the treadmill.

Aleks-Nice pics! You look beautiful.

ninepaw-I did not have a scale on vacation. It was not that bad. I was having so much fun, I wasn't thinking about the scale at all. In some ways I think I was more careful not to go too overboard because I had no idea what my weight was.

Rochester-Congrats on the size 14 jeans! Super cool.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #368  

Good Morning,

I climbed Kennesaw Mtn this morning! It was definitely easier than two months ago but still somewhat challenging. It's pretty steep for quite awhile although it is definitely doable by just about anybody. There are always all kinds of people on the trail. Old, young, heavy set, athletic..you name it. I hope to go back again soon maybe even next week. I am so tired of sitting around in my house, ugh!

Rochester-What an exciting week for you. Congrats on the new baby in the family. Don't worry about the 5K. It is going to be great.

Last edited by TERAPET; 07-13-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:48 PM   #369  
Diana Kay

Hi guys!

I had a happy excited sort of moment this morning when I got on the scale... 241! It seems that since my baby plateau broke whatever I should have been losing is just hopping off now or something, because this is what my weight has been like since I went back up to 245:

245, 245, 244, 243, 242, 243, 242, 241.

Why, hello scale movement... Where have you been?? I'm totally okay with this, obviously. Hopefully it sticks around for tomorrow's *official* recording and ticker movement. If it wasn't after a plateau, I'd think the 4 pound difference from last week to now was a bit odd, but... I dunno! The really exciting thing about the 241 is that it puts me at 25 pounds lost so far! Yeeeee!

Last edited by ninepaw; 07-13-2010 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:58 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

So I stepped on my scale this morning, and saw the number 144.2..Now, I weighed in yesterday at 154. this would be cause for something BEYOND celebration, but I knew something must be up with that. So I stepped off, stepped on again, and waited as it flashed, and then went to the E for error. Once again, stepped off, stepped on again, and got 167. Hmm..time for a new battery, yes? So, after popping in a new batter, and resetting it, I stepped on and got 153.6. Got the same weight 4 times in a row, with no red E, so guessing the new battery fixed that silly issue. Its been a couple of nice jumps the last few days, but I rather expected it. I know I had been retaining water a bit. Getting closer and closer to the 140s. Going to Michigan next monday for a week, and would love to be in the 140s then, but thats probably pushing it. But I'll take all I can get. I also start back to school in August for the first time in 20 years. I do hope to be down to the 130s by then. At 42, I dont expect to compete with the young co-eds, but also would like to not look TOO much like the overweight housewife. heh I already have many many college credits, but no degree, and for the last 8 months, since I decided to to back to school, I have been waffling and going back and forth on what I want to do when I grow up. But it hit me about a month ago. All this work I have been doing, all this research on foods, and weight loss, etc..why not make it official? So, my major is dietetics. Will graduate in 3 semesters with a bachelors degree in dietetics, and all ready to take my test to become a fully licensed dietitian. I have always been a liberal arts type, and always did well in school, but 3 semesters of almost all science and math courses are going to test me to the max! But I truly believe I will enjoy helping others be healthy..whether its weight loss, or diets for medical conditions. I'm pretty psyched for it.

Last edited by TornadoSiren; 07-13-2010 at 04:39 PM.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #371  

I hope I have a better calorie total today than yesterday. I keep eating high calorie, low nutrition foods. I had gotten to a point where I could ignore this kind of stuff but I have not been successful lately. This is something I always struggle with. I am glad I lost 15 pounds but it did require giving up a lot of food I really enjoy. I am going to try to fit more in even though it will mean a slower weight loss. I hope it does not lead to disaster!

I was happy my neighbor called me early this morning for a walk. When I got back I went to my usual Y step class. My total minutes of exercise for the day is 105.

Torando-It is so great you are going back to school. I also took classes when I was near your age. It was a lot of fun. The kids in the class were very friendly despite the age difference. Plus there were always a few older adults in most classes.

ninepaw-Congrats on the scale movement!
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #372  
Diana Kay

Tornadosiren, that's very cool that you're turning your changes and productivity into something you can teach others! Love it!

And thanks for the congratulations, Terapet!

Definitely happy today, as the scale was still reading 241! Super stoked to be moving my ticker to this new low... 25 pounds lost! 25 FREAKING POUNDS!!! I'm a little happy, can you tell?? I can't wait to see a 3 in that second number spot... Not sure when I was last there exactly, but it's been a little while!

Last edited by ninepaw; 07-14-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 AM   #373  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

@Terapet - My brother lives in Kennesaw and I've seen that mountain! Good work!

@Diana - Hooray for happy scales!

@Tornado - That sounds like a really exciting and fun career path. Good luck!

As much as I've been cursing my scale, I think I may actually be correct in saying it's broken! I had an experience similar to Tornado's yesterday. It first gave me a reading of 190. Wow, wouldn't that be nice? Lose 35 pounds overnight? Stepped on it again and it was 248. Gain 58 pounds in 2 minutes? Um, no. Changed the battery and it's still all over the place. I just bought it in May. But maybe I wore it out checking my weight 20 times a day (like Diana ).

Last edited by Rochester; 07-15-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #374  
Diana Kay

Heeeeey!
I step on my scale maybe five times in the morning... There's nothing wrong with that! Right??
Well, it's too bad your scale is broken so soon... Any idea if it came with some kind of warranty? Or you could just buy a new one. Works either way, I think!

As for my scale this morning, still 241, still happy with that! Though I really am anxious to see a 3... Yes, please! Yeah yeah, be patient, I know... I'm kinda bad at that from time to time. All the time.

Happy skinnifying, everyone!
Old 07-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #375  

This morning was 60 minutes of body sculpting and 60 minutes of Zumba. I am pushing myself in the body sculpting class. Today I used 10 and 7.5 pound weights and did not use the 5 pound weights for anything. The Zumba is getting some better. I don't seem to have that much capacity for cardio. Perhaps if I lost another 15 pounds. Anyway, I mostly do a low impact version of the moves and it is still fun.

Still not doing well with what I am eating. The scale was up a bit again this morning. I don't know, my heart is not exactly in it these days. I am doing the low impact version of healthy eating, ha-ha. This is something I could correct at any time. I am doing okay though.

ninepaw-Almost there girl!

Rochester-I could not live with that scale. In my crazy mind, it seems very important to check my weight every morning.