Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

fc - good for you!

aleks - woohoo for 2lbs and a great workout!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:21 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 168/138/129

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone!

Wow, this thread has doubled its page count since I last visited! Not much news on my end. I'm sticking to my food and exercise plan. Today I powerwalked/jogged for an hour in the morning, ate healthy meals etc

Last night, I made a blueberry pie and maaaan is it de-li-cious! Pie shell ingredients: 2 tbsp of butter, some fat-free sour cream, glass of milk, 2 eggs, regular and rye flour. Blueberries right outta the freezer for the filling, with the bottom of the shell sprinked with starch to absorb the water when the berries soften up in the oven. And some olive oil on the bottom of the pan so that the pie doesn't stick. Quick, painless, and guilt-free lol. According to my calculations, my pie was around 1000 calories.

My next weight-in will be next Monday, which is my way of motivating myself to stay on track over the weekend.
TheWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:09 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

HI everyone I jogged for 10minutes straight today I never knew that I could jog that long! Any who I am glad that I been on track since Monday and I feel good about myself when I wake up every morning knowing that I am on track. Do you guys feel like that when you guys wake up? My major challenge right now is to just avoid binges and if I can avoid them I know I will definitely drop at least 10lbs or more by the end of this challenge. Gah...binges just always throw me off for a while I hope you guys have a great day today!

Oh I forgot to tell you guys about a great recipe I found and made last night. It is super delicious with crackers or some tostitos chips. I didn't use all the ingredients listed there but here is what i used instead
* 2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
* 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
* 1 1/2 cups SPICY V8 juice
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, or to taste
* salt to taste
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mexican...il/Detail.aspx
I guarantee that you guys will love it!

Last edited by cheerios; 06-04-2010 at 07:12 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Happy Friday,

I finally went to the Minute Clinic this morning and got some medications for a sinus infection. I was just utterly exhausted. I have not been to the Y since Wednesday. Hopefully tomorrow I will finally feel up to going again. I miss my classes.

Wildcat-Your recipe sounds delicious. I love blueberries.

Cheerios-Congrats on the 10 minutes running. That is how it is done. A step at a time. I still remember the first time I ran 1 mile on a track. It was for a PE class in college. It was difficult for me to complete the mile but I was proud and amazed when I was done. I don't think the coach was as impressed! Also congrats for staying on plan. Let's stay away from that binge eating together. We don't need no stinkin binge eating. Right? Right!!!
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:44 PM   #170  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi guys! Hope you're all having a great Friday!

I'm to the point right now where I just kind of laughed at my fluctuation, back to 250 today! I saw 249 flash for a second.... Dang! Maybe tomorrow! I'm all dressed right now for W1D3 of C25K after I finish checking in here, and I'm excited! I'm totally ready to kick some booty.

I noticed something earlier! And it's really silly, but I got excited regardless because I thought it was a big deal. I can kindasorta see something resembling my collarbones poking out a little bit! Now, this is only really in kind of dim lighting, because when I turned the light on it was much harder to tell... But with light just coming from outside of my bathroom, I could see little shadows, and when I poked at them, sure enough! They were right above where my collarbones live. A small, silly little thing, but hey! I like it when I notice a difference!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

ninepaw! Oh my gosh...this is me too right now!! I was standing on my clients balcony..the sun was already over the side...her balcony faces east where the sun rises...and I saw my reflection... I had to touch my collar bone to make sure it wasn't an illusion... of course it's hard to see all the time...but it's starting to show... I don't have very prominent collar bones to begin with so it was kind of shocking! Even when I was 140...you could see the part by the neck..the bulgy parts...but not the actual collar bone! eeek!

ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #172  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Start weight: 184.6

Making progress, albeit slow! Down to 182.6 this morning, so two pounds down, 18 to go.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #173  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

Yay ALEKS! Go us an our almost-kindasorta-showing collarbones!

I ran W1D3 of C25K earlier guys! Totally feel awesome about that. My hip was fine almost the whole way through, except at the end when it was just a little uncomfortable. Now a little bit sore, but no biggie!

I get to go hang out with my mom soon and plan my demise... Er... Decide what kind of birthday cake I want on Sunday. I already know we're doing barbecue for dinner, so tri tip steak and other deliciousness that's probably not going to end in my favor come scale time on Monday, buuuut... It's my birthday. Which I do realize is an excuse, but I can only use this one once a year! (Twice, if you count the fact that the boyfriend has made plans for me tomorrow and will give me absolutely NO hints as to what we're doing!). Ah, well. I plan to jump into week 2 on Monday, so it'll all even out... Hipefully!

EDIT: Oh! I almost forgot! Also on Monday, I'm going to be starting a yoga class in the evenings, Monday-Thursday! My friend and I are doing it together for the first six weeks of the summer semester. I'm really looking forward to it! This reminds me that now I have to make sure Monday's run is in the morning... Since I don't want to run when it's too hot out, and that class will be when I might normally run in the evening! Huh... I should actually buy a mat today like I've been talking about...

Last edited by ninepaw; 06-04-2010 at 05:59 PM.
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:56 PM   #174  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

No Curves for me today!! I moved books for about 30 minutes. As in pick up 3-4 textbooks walk downstairs, stack books, walk back upstairs for more books, rinse and repeat!! Yes, there were kids helping move the books as well. And we got it DONE!!
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 07:34 PM   #175  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Hooray for collarbones and birthday bbq's!

Diana, I read somewhere that yoga is a fab exercise to combine with running. I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a budokon DVD that I ordered - it's a blend of yoga and martial arts.

I was thwarted by Wal*Mart this evening. All day I was thinking about Totino's Pizza Rolls. I'm not sure why, it's never been one of my favorite foods. Nasty little bundles of chemicals masquerading as nutrition.

By the time I went shopping, I had totally justified the purchase of those Pizza Rolls. (I would eat only as many as was within a reasonable calorie/carb amount. And I could just deal with the little tummy ache from the wheat in the "crust.")

So, I strolled down the frozen aisle on a quest for Pizza Rolls. Hrm, not in the pizza section. Not in the snack section either. Maybe the frozen meal section? Nope. I walked up and down those two frozen aisles over and over again for twenty minutes.

There were NO pizza rolls in all of Wal*Mart. Inconceivable! Sheer coincidence saved me from a dietary disaster.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Rochester-The universe was on your side today. Such a cute story.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:21 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Rochester - too funny! I'm glad I've never tried a pizza roll so there's one less thing for me to crave

fc - that sounds like a great workout!

ninepaw - happy almost birthday! And great news on the yoga class - all that stretching is a great complement to your running program. How's the running going?

eliana - woohoo for 2lbs!

aleks - congrats on being 50lbs down by the way - that's a huge accomplishment!

I'm off to zumba in a bit and am looking forward to sushi for dinner tonight - should be a good day....
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 02:10 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post

(By the way, Dannon Greek Yogurt is weird. The texture is more like cream cheese. )
Ha ha...I feel the same way. I tried it and I thought it was weird too...it kinda dried my mouth out and had a weird texture. I couldn't even force myself to eat it which is a shame cause it would be a great after workout snack ...low in calories and super high in protien!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
So, I strolled down the frozen aisle on a quest for Pizza Rolls. Hrm, not in the pizza section. Not in the snack section either. Maybe the frozen meal section? Nope. I walked up and down those two frozen aisles over and over again for twenty minutes.

There were NO pizza rolls in all of Wal*Mart. Inconceivable! Sheer coincidence saved me from a dietary disaster.
You talked yourself into it...but someone was watching out for you! Thats kinda crazy....walmart is always out of at least ONE thing on my shopping list everytime I go...ughh!

Well ladies thanks for all the words of encouragement. I was feeling a bit down that day. Stupid emotions..... Now I'm getting back on track. My boss finally got me the microwave for my office that I have been begging for! This is good cause I plan on cooking a little extra for dinner at night and packing healthy left overs for lunch the next day.

I'm also trying to find some exercise ideas for while I'm at work. I work in an office...its located in a house. I have no television or anything but I have this big living room that would be great for a 30 minute workout. I'm thinking a cardio/strength training combo type workout would get me the most bang for my buck. Has anyone here ever tried Jillian Michaels 30 day shred? It is great...my arms get super toned.

I have been feeling a bit sluggish lately, and I'm really attributing it to too much sugar. I'm thinking of doing sort of a sugar fast for a couple of weeks. Kind of like a South Beach diet type of deal...and on the 3 week adding back in fruit and whole grains and starchy veggies like corn and potatoes. What do ya'll think?

We are headed to a minor league baseball game tonight....I'm going to try not to splurge on sodas and hot dogs while we are gone...urghhhh...Well, I hope your all having a super weekend. Catch ya later!
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:56 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

TERAPET- since my last post no binge so i am happy lol i'm still taking it a day at a time with trying to avoid binges and heck yeah we don't need binges!

dancerindenver- omg SUSHI! i love sushi especially with the sauce they drizzle over the top of the sushi rolls mmmm good! have a nice dinner tonight now i'm craving for sushi lol

McKenziesmomma-congrats with getting the microwave in your office and now you can pack some healthy foods you can reheat and enjoy them warm or hot lol

I woke up with a bit of surprise today because TOM came today and it didn't come last month so now I feel a little bloated hope it doesn't get to heavy because last time i went to the gym and I thought I leaked because my sister lied to me so i tried to conceal my butt as I walked toward the restroom lol so hopefully i get a good workout today with no problems hahah

Last edited by cheerios; 06-05-2010 at 06:00 PM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:25 PM   #180  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Cheerios, my cycle has been messed up since starting this journey too. At first losing that first 5% regulated everything, but then last month I was 20 days late. But the good news was I never got bloated or tender. I can handle that!

Well, I can only claim a one pound loss really over the past week, but my clothes fit better! I am utterly amazed at what one pound does for me lately.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote