Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #316  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Man everyone seems to be doing great.

Nessa-get some rest! You'll hopefully feel better soon.
Purple-I'm so glad you've got some ideas put in place to actively pursue taking control of this situation. Sounds like everything will be A-Ok.
Shari- I laughed out loud in my cube. People are now looking at me oddly.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Well, I had to drag myself to the track instead of taking a depressing nap...but I feel so awesome now that I went. I am just starting over with the C25K and I actually found myself smiling while I ran. There were other people on the track and I am so shy about running in front of people, but I made myself just pull up the hoodie on my sweatshirt so I felt hidden and then DO IT. After I started I was in my own little zone and paying no attention to anyone else. It helps it is winter and I can hide, otherwise I would have been more self-conscious and probably never did it.

Now...I tag Mayness and JennyRaye
Old 02-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #318  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

2 tags done!
im tagging Melissa, Purple, Jenny and sprkle!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:42 PM   #319  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Girls, im having a really hard time getting back into exercising since ive been sick. I still just dont have any energy. Good thing is im still not eating as much so maybe it will stay that way.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #320  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

heather. i hear ya. i really need to sit down and figure stuff out here regarding my health and game plan. i am falling off the wagon.. like im holding on but im dragging along behind it.. hahahah
Old 02-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Heather--maybe you lack energy because you aren't eating as much? Are you making sure what you do eat is nutrient-rich...since that is your energy source, right? I know how it is to think eating less is a good thing, but it could also lead to a lack of energy if your body isn't getting enough to boost that energy and get going. Just wanted to throw that out there as a possiblity hope you feel better soon.

Faux--maybe spend some time today just looking over goals, journaling, or doing something to reconnect with WHY you want to do this. I think that is where the real motivation has to come from...but otherwise, just fake it till ya make it. Motivation comes and goes, we have to rely on determination in it's absence.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #322  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Tag done and tagging:

mayness
fauxtini

I think I'm managing to beat the illness, thanks to being careful about what I'm eating and taking plenty of vitamins, I think. There are several people out sick at work or at work and sick. Makes more work for those of here, but I'd rather be sort of healthy. I'm really trying to make it a point to get enough sleep and de-stress.

I'm proud of myself to be working toward my G2009 goal of saving up three months worth of living expenses. I deposited my check yesterday, and it felt really good.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #323  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Heather-Go to the gym anyway. Just walk on the treadmill.

Faux-Time to do an exercise tape-How about Yoga? Tme to master some new move.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:21 PM   #324  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

I just started the 30 Day Shred today. Some of the moves I recognized from the TBL Cardio Max and Power Sculpt workouts, some were new to me. Any others in here doing it?

I'm now at 7 tags. Please, someone give me 3 more so I can finish the challenge Sunday!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #325  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Okay....so before I get into my personals I just wanted to say I worked off 2 more tags (an hour at the gym again today)....so I'm tagging 4 people!

Fabulous FAUXTINI

Heavenly HEATHER1979

Magnificent MAYNESS

Terrific TERAPET

Dont forget that week 2 is coming to a close quickly!!! Two more days to try a new fruit or veggie.....and 2 more days to tag people like CRAZY

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I have a question,ive been drinking water like mad but alot of it is with crystal light and stuff. I know that the artificial sweetner is bad for you so should I be limiting myself to those?

I hear so many people say things about how artificial sweetner is bad for you ...so here is my opinion...LOL....I'm just not into water...I can drink it when I'm hot and when I work out and that is it....so I can screw up and consume alot of calories drinking sweet tea and cokes.....or I can have diet coke (along with its artificial sweetner) and at least not have the calories....

so ..... health problems from being fat or health problems from whatever artificial sweetner does to you??? LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Melissa--last year in kindergarten she did have some issues with a couple "mean" girls in her class, but I would listen to her and kind of help her with some advice here and there but mostly I wanted her to handle it because I figured she has to grow up with these girls and learn to handle it...
But I can't shield her from that stuff, ya know? You are right, kids are CRUEL and I just can't fix that for her it is so hard!
You are SO RIGHT! I would just encourage her to talk to you more about her feelings.......AND I would tell her that she is a VERY SMART and BEAUTIFUL young lady....and that sometimes little kids like to be mean and pick on other little kids because they are jealous.....also something that I have found that is very helpful in dealing with kids....tell them about a time when you had an embarrassing moment or someone picked on you...and how you dealt with it (positively that is...LOL).....I think when you are little and things are happening to you sometimes you feel like you are the only person things like that happen to.....I bet she would feel better knowing that her mommy has had to deal with the same things she is having to deal with......and if her mommy made it through then so can she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I have also talked with my daughter about her anxiety and she was able to express to me what she feels and where her mind goes when it wanders during class. She balled her fists up by her chest and kind of shook and said "it's like that." Then she told me that when her mind goes "somewhere else" she is thinking about her chapter books and about what the characters might do next. I told her she needs to push those thoughts out and keep working until it's done, then we brainstormed ideas of when it is appropriate to have those thoughts about her books. She decided she will think about books in the car line at the end of school, when she goes potty, and while on recess!
This is SOOOO good.....sounds like you have a VERY creative little girl....let me tell you those thoughts will come in very handy when she is in high school and reading upper level grade books and you have to THINK about and INTERPRET what you are reading! Maybe you and her can have some creative time at home.....she can tell you about what she thinks her characters will do and you can both draw pictures of the characters and color them or something like that....

HONESTLY...it sounds like your daughter MAY be a little advanced for her age and perhaps she is a bit bored with the level she is currently at causing her to get off task......ALOT of children are miss diagnosed with ADD and ADHD because they can't stay on task and focus and it isn't because they have ADD and ADHD...it is because that is what is convienent to diagnose and give em' some medication...when infact the kids just need to be challenged a little more....and I don't mean with busy work......I mean they wanna think and be creative and get hands on!

I hope things get better.....anytime you want some creative ideas you can just go online and look for different lesson plans...like say your daughter likes science or something like that....you can usually find neat activities that you and her can do at home together and stuff.....

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 02-25-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #326  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
heather. i hear ya. i really need to sit down and figure stuff out here regarding my health and game plan. i am falling off the wagon.. like im holding on but im dragging along behind it.. hahahah
I know what you meant.....LOL...this may sound silly....but lately what has been motivating me is going to Victoria's Secret....and looking at clothes I would like to fit into when I'm skinny!

AND...I want a boob job really bad...so I look at before and after boob job pics...I know I sound stupid and wierd....but it works...LOL!

Isn't your hubby gonna be home soon???? That should motivate you some???

You can't be doing too bad though...you have already worked off 10 tags (maybe more by now) that is 300 minutes of exercise in less than 2 weeks...

I bet the reason your having a hard time right now is cause you have hit a plateau...didn't you say you weren't losing weight no matter what?

Maybe a little food journaling is needed to see where you can cut a few things???? You aren't going crazy and eatin' those chicken selects up are you ???

Maybe your body is used to your workout routine that you are doing.....push harder.....do some different strength exercises or add more weight....

You'll get through it
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 PM   #327  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hi ladies... feeling really good about today. I have avoided Costco churros (still hot) that I was given as a little munchie gift and a PLATTER of Chocolate chip, chocolate & M&M, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. I am sooooooo on plan!

My fruit (and some people may not think this counts) is prunes. Seriously I have never eaten them in my life before. Started eating a couple a day about 4 days ago. I must say... things that were only happening 1X every three days or so are occurring daily now! I feel like a new woman! Props to the prunes.... man I'm getting old.....
Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #328  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

nix-- hey prunes are cool. We won't make fun of you here.
faux-- just got to keep sticking with it.

My new food was bok choy. I used it in a baked chicken eggroll recipe. It's pretty good. Nothing amazing really, still tastes like cabbage, but not bad either. I think I may finally have to drop my calories a little bit. I've been eating on avg 1800 with all the exercise, but even though the weight is coming off, I'd just like it to move a little faster. I think I'm going to try to average 1650-1700 for a few weeks and see if it makes a difference.

I did 1.5 hours of exercise tonight, so I've finished 3 of my tags and have 6 to hand out! Everyone better get moving, only a couple more days til Friday and weigh in!
Mayness
faux
heather
terapet
melissa
sexybrokechick
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM   #329  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

So today I tried 1 new veggie & 1 new fruit:

I made a pork roast with cabbage & potatoes. I had never had cabbage on it's own like that (as in not in an egg roll) and I really liked it. Then for dessert I had a Pacific Rose apple & it was yum. Did I report yesterday that I tried an Asian Pear & I liked that as well?

I'm off to work out since I skipped yesterday. I'll be back!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Thanks for the tags Ladies! Sometimes I skip Wednesdays but since I had tags to work off, I got myself to the Y for a Zumba class and a yoga class. Had a great time. However, no matter how I try, I CANNOT DO THE SHIMMY! How do you girls do it? Oh well, maybe someday. At least I can shake my boody like nobody's business. I had not been to this yoga class before. It was quite a bit different then the other class I have attended. A lot less poses but still pretty difficult. The teacher was really cool.

Hope you all have a great time exercising also. I tag:

Nixmom
JennyRaye
Heather
Purple-(Thanks for the 2 tags. Nice! I love a challenge.)
St Nessa-Hope you are feeling better.
Mayness
SexyBrokeChick
Ufi

Well my husband went the whole day without alcohol or sugar but not me! I really need to get serious about what I eat.

Does anyone know where DixieMae is these days?
Closed Thread