Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:04 PM   #196  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Good luck with the job faux! and terapet, sometimes life happens. All you can do is keep trying to move in the right direction.

I weighed in this morning at 223.5, a 1.5 lb loss this week. Totally excited to see a loss this week. I have really tried to settle my calories this week (no cheats, just cycling my calories) and really stick to 5+ hours of exercise. It's working so far.

Last night I had a discussion with DH. I've really been spending a lot of time on me, between preparing healthy food, exercising, and the online research time for planning. I truly am in awe of you Moms, I don't know how you could do it with a child too. I asked him if he felt that I was not paying enough attention to him and if I needed to tone back how much I work at this. His response was, "1 hour of you in a good mood is worth more than 10 of you in a bad mood. You're in a much better mood since you've started all this. I think it's definitely worth it." I think it just mostly reassurred me that all this work, even though I know it's worth it for me, it's also making a difference in other relationships and aspects of my life as well.

Question for all of you:
Do you journal daily? I mean I log all the food I eat, but I don't write down how I feel or anything like that. For those that do, does it help in any way (just curious if people find that it is worth the extra time it would take).

Last edited by sprklemajik; 02-20-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:15 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Good news on the job for my husband!

They called him yesterday and offered him a different job... one that's likely to be more boring, and maybe pays less, but will be 8am-5pm Mon-Fri instead of mostly evenings and weekends like the other would have been. It's a maintenance job at a hotel, and while the other job was on-demand maintenance where he'd interact with guests if things broke, this one is preventative maintenance and he'll be working alone.

He went in today to see exactly what it's like, and decided to accept it (of course). Yay!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Happy new job Mayness!

I'm off to Florida. Have a great weekend all.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Good luck everyone who is searching for a job, and congrats to Mayness and her husband on his new job.

My weight is the same as last week, but I'm good with that after getting sidetracked on the eating at times this week. Exercise and water have been good.

Just got off 50 min on the elliptical. That's my last tag down. For those of you who have tags to give, I'd gladly take some off your hands to keep myself motivated...and moving through the weekend.

My two tags go to:

Modcat
Ufi

Oh I meant to answer the journal question. I try to write down what I eat each day, but have found I need a consistent place to do so. I'm going to get a page a day planner type thing at the store this weekend and use it exclusively for tracking my food intake. I haven't been journaling why I eat or crave, but it may help at that.

Later,

Jen

Last edited by JennyRaye; 02-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Question for all of you:
Do you journal daily? I mean I log all the food I eat, but I don't write down how I feel or anything like that. For those that do, does it help in any way (just curious if people find that it is worth the extra time it would take).
Actually I have wondered this myself, I log my food and exercise but does it help taking it that step further??

ok, so 189 today a 1lb loss, not too bad, will work harder next week, had a naughty weekend last week so hopefully being good since will pay off next weigh in

Gratzy Faux on your 10th tag bet your getting excited about DH coming home, i'm sure you will hit your 100lb loss before he gets home GL

Old 02-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #201  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

OK, I've got a tag to work off this weekend!

I'm down a pound, hooray! Wish the day were brighter in general, though. I don't know how things are out there, but it seems like everyone I encounter today is in a bad or dark mood. Impatient people on the phone, sick people, generally angry people. I was OK when I woke up, but I think I've "caught" the bad mood. I'm looking forward to wrapping up work so I can start my fun weekend. I've made plans with friends and plan on playing this weekend. Well, maybe working a bit, but mostly playing.

I do journal sometimes, but not every day. It does help to keep track of my thoughts and mood, and it can sometimes be enlightening to go back and see what I've written a few months or even years earlier.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

No loss this week...I weighed in at 241 still

Soooooo I'm sending Eny a PM right now for my weigh in...

Check in tomorrow for a new mini challenge!!!
Old 02-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I also thank my Preschool & Early Elementary development education teachers from college for helping me understand kids too... now if only I could take an "Understanding the Teenage brain" class within the next few years - I'd be GOLDEN!

Girl...don't even sweat it! I think you and Hunter have such a great relationship...it sounds like your a very understanding and compassionate mother....Just keep that about you.....keep listening and loving.....when she is a teenager she will still be really close to you and she will care more about what you say and think about her.....and trust me...you will have a HUGE impact on what she says and does...even when you aren't around....I remember being a teenager...I didn't do "bad" things....I wasn't worried about getting arrested or anything like that....I didn't want to let my dad down....he has always trusted me and lead me the right way....your daughter won't want to do anything to make you dissappointed in her or sad......so...I wouldn't sweat it too much.....
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #204  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

I have an interview on monday for the health food store!! Full time!! im so excited I have a question... she asked me to have an idea of what slary i would like.. i hate that question.. what do i say? hehe what's the average salary for a job running a privately owned health store? I dont even know what the minimum is in the US. any suggestions?
Also.. when's the best time to tell her that i have already booked a vacation for 2 weeks when dh comes home. I hope it wont be a problem.. i ont get to see my husband 2 weeks in a year.. i hope it doesnt ruin m chances. i really need/want this job!

ok.. enough about that! im on my 10th tag and im pumped!!! i ws hoping to lose 5 pounds this week.. but im hoping by monday i will have downed 5 pounds. seems like everyone's on track here... tagging really helps!!

tera.. have a GRET trip in florida!!! im jealous
Old 02-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #205  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

Well this week did not go so well as I was sick for a few days and did not exercise. I did lose 2 pounds from being sick. Anyway, I wanted to check in and let everyone know that I'm still here.

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-20-2009, 06:58 PM   #206  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I had a perfectly nice, long post typed up but the damn computer at the library erased it! I hate the library these days. Whatever happened to 'silence is golden'? People are so rude and loud in the library, I don't even wanna go anymore!

Thanks for the tags! I finished one last night so....

Kris (GREAT to see you!)
Bjeweled

TAG YOU'RE IT!

I think I have five more tags to catch up with. Keep 'em coming!

Congratulations to Mayness' husband! Good luck with the job interview Faux!

Eny ~ I love you LOTS and LOTS!

This freakin medical insurance isn't worth all this hassle. This is the third paycheck that they have taken almost $150 out! I only make a little over $300 every two weeks! I suppose I could live off $175 every two weeks......if I was still living with my mama!!! Went to payroll and turns out, part timers have to pay more for insurance than fulltimers which just doesn't make any sense to me. I told the guy to forget it, I don't want this shyt anymore! I have rent and ultilites to pay! Plus, the idiots at the food stamp office declined my claim so I have to apply all over again which means I have to pay for my groceries with my own money. It's the end of the month which means I have rent, power, and internet to pay along with groceries and I only have $175 to my name. Super.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:26 PM   #207  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

well, my eating has been off since Thursday. Really eating off plan. I did finish 1/3 tags and I'm about to tackle another tag with my ab-rower. I'll post my weight tomorrow morning.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:11 PM   #208  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
I have an interview on monday for the health food store!! Full time!! im so excited I have a question... she asked me to have an idea of what slary i would like.. i hate that question.. what do i say? hehe what's the average salary for a job running a privately owned health store? I dont even know what the minimum is in the US. any suggestions?
Also.. when's the best time to tell her that i have already booked a vacation for 2 weeks when dh comes home. I hope it wont be a problem.. i ont get to see my husband 2 weeks in a year.. i hope it doesnt ruin m chances. i really need/want this job!

ok.. enough about that! im on my 10th tag and im pumped!!! i ws hoping to lose 5 pounds this week.. but im hoping by monday i will have downed 5 pounds. seems like everyone's on track here... tagging really helps!!

tera.. have a GRET trip in florida!!! im jealous

Good Luck Faux. Minimum wage is set at 6.55/hr. I haven't worked at a retail store, I used to wash dishes at a resturant for 7.50/hr in college. I honestly don't know what's fair wage to ask, though. I think I would be upfront with her (sometime in the middle of the interview, they usually ask if you have anything to add after asking you their questions) about the vacation. Explain that you're a military wife and you have a vacation planned, the rarity of it, etc. I think most employers are very understanding about that kind of situation (at least about the military vacation/leave part, maybe not with everyone and vacations).

Shari- I'm so sorry about everything going on with you. That seems like a horribly tough situation to have to sort through.

Ufi- I agree. We're in dark gloomy times in the US (prolly the whole world). I wonder myself how long things are going to be this tough. I just try to keep thinking of how blessed I am currently. My husband and I still have our jobs, etc. Sometimes it makes me feel a little less gloomy.

Mayness-congrats on your husband's job. And I'm hoping the best for all of you that are struggling.

Oh, and I could use some tags too

Last edited by sprklemajik; 02-20-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 PM   #209  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all!
I'm having a great day with my friend in town. I worked this morning but got off in time to go downtown for lunch. We walked alot so I don't feel bad about the Mexican food we ate

I didn't lose this week but that's okay. I was distracted so the fact that I didn't gain is good enough for me! I'll just do better next week.

Congrats on the new jobs & interviews! Good Luck!

I'll try to jump on when I can this weekend!

Last edited by StNessa79; 02-20-2009 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:47 PM   #210  

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

well i got on the scale this morning and weighed 203.2, which means i gained 2.2 pounds.. grrrr...

good thing i got 2 tags because i almost didn't exercise today. i used my elliptical for 60 minutes and did 10 minutes of sit-ups and weights. so... i finished my 2 tags and i have 2 to give out:

sprklemajik
Jo7475

eny- i taught middle school before i became a SAHM. i love teenagers... and i agree completely with what McKenziesmomma said. thanks so much for the info. i know i need to work harder to be more patient and listen. and you are right... she does know when she is wrong. i can see it in her face and she turns away etc. she does not like for me to be upset or mad. i know she wants to please me. i think that things will be even better, if i can keep my mood stabilized. on that note.. i need to be getting to bed earlier. you sound like a wonderful mom. i admire you! what do you do if/when she would cry in her room? ignore her, tell her to stop etc. i have a hard time with that because alex says "mommy, i need you, i love you" and it breaks my heart. Also, most of her toys are in her room.. one time when i sent her there... she played with them after a while. and...what if she refuses to go? did you carry her there? i am seriously afraid sometimes, she is so strong and i don't want my lip busted open again AND, i have to put a child lock on the inside of her door to keep her in there because she will not stay in there...
Closed Thread