Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #271  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

First thing I did change screen name from Reda355 to Chopperchick355

Well finally made it home last night, and see that I have 4 tags waiting for me of which I took care of while gone over the weekend. I did walk for 1 hour on Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday so I am all caught up right now on my tags -- Yeah But now I get to tag 4 more so lucky

Kosh
Jo7475
jasonlea
jennyraye

I had a great time at Mardi Gras in Deadwood this weekend, I did get a new tattoo this weekend I will take a picture after it is all healed should be by the end of this week.

Sorry to hear about all the job issues going on, I hope everyone finds what they are looking for or if possible stay on unemployment and enjoy this time with your children if you can....It is worth it

Fruit/Vegetable challenge I will have to walk through the store to see what I haven't tried, and try it

Eny I was one that did not send weight either, I was not around a computer but I will for sure send it this Friday

Have a great week

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 02-24-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:13 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Heroes is on, and I have an exam tomorrow, so I'm not going to write much of an update right now but I just wanted to tag:

sexybrokechick and McKenziesmomma

I'll drop in tomorrow, 'night ladies.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #273  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Yay! Another tag to work off--I'll get to it tomorrow.

I'm still open for more tags
Old 02-23-2009, 09:48 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Vanessa- Im the same way, im totally out of it now. I have a headache and dont really feel like doing anything. I cant wait to get my energy back...well the energy I did have even if it wasnt much.

Chopper- I was wondering who you were, haha. I hope im not the only one that didnt realize you were Reda.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #275  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Thanks for the tag. I'll get on it.

I have my new fruit to report, a Cara Cara orange. I just peeled and ate it. It was more pink than orange, and sweeter than the usual orange I buy, which is the "cheapest available" variety. It wasn't the World's Best Fruit, but it was good.

I also decided to try a variation of a vegetable, the Simply Nutritious Mega Green drink. It has things I've never tried, like grasses and algae, which I suppose is a sort of vegetable?

Here are the ingredients: Filtered Water (sufficient to reconstitute), Apple Juice Concentrate, Peach Puree Concentrate, Pineapple Juice Concentrate, Banana and Mango Purees, Spirulina, Chlorella, Natural Gums (Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Locust Bean Gum, Sodium Alginate), Barley and Wheat Grasses, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Natural Flavor, Broccoli and Spinach Powders.

I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like it because it was green and sludgey, like a stagnant pond. I was surprised that I did like it, and it tasted mostly like fruit. I don't usually drink much juice, either fruit or vegetable, as I'm worried about drinking too many calories. I'm not sure if I'll incorporate this regularly because of that. Here's the nutrition information:
Serving Size: 8 fl. oz. (240 mL)
Servings per container: 4
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories 130
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 35 mg 1%
Potassium 330 mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 31 g 10%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%
Sugars 25 g
Protein 1 g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 2%
Iron 6%
Old 02-23-2009, 10:50 PM   #276  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Ok - here we go...

just found my 4th tag (from Ufi, thanks!) a few thread pages back. I have completed my 1st 3 and so I am tagging:

JENNYRAYE (right back at ya!)
Faux (gotta get ya to that 100 mark!)
Sprklemajik
marimari (I really want a plate of what ever is in the pictures)
alex's hot momma
Purplefirefly

Whew... Gonna go plan for tomorrows exercise. Bring on the taggies!
Old 02-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #277  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hi ladies!

i am back i hope! school is killing me still but i dropped a class that i will take the last 8 weeks instead of now which will make my schedule more manageable. needless to say i havent been OP in anything but school. but i have four tags that i plan to work off by thursday! please feel free to tag me!!!

i will attempt to catch up but it might be easier to jump in. i hope everyone is doing well.

brie
Old 02-24-2009, 12:37 AM   #278  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Finished 2 of my tags!

In turn I will give tags to:

chopperchick355
bjeweled
dollypie
heather

I'm off to take a shower & then some reading before bed. Tomorrow I'll work on another 2, maybe 3... depends on how much time I have. Plus tomorrow is The Biggest Loser! Who else is watching?

Everyone enjoy your Tuesday!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:39 AM   #279  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was okay, lots of sleeping, lazing around and getting nothing done. I'm such a procrastinator.

I've accepted the fact that I just can't do dvd workouts. I just can't, can't get into them. I need to be in class with other people. When I'm in a class, I'm basically trapped, too embarrassed to leave the workout because EVERYONE will notice. I need that humiliation right now.

My goal for this week is to get as many job applications in as possible. My internet is back on (thank you Mama ) and I need to use it as much as I can in case it gets cut off again.

As for the medical insurance horror, I'm cancelling it asap. I only got it because I needed the dental to get my teeth fixed but I found out that the medical and dental are actually separate so I don't really 'need' the medical. Hopefully by next November (open season for federal benefits), I'll have a fulltime, better paying position and can have insurance while paying my bills.

Eny ~ When do we find out what sex the Belly Bean is?

Heather ~ I work for the VA hospital (Department of Veteran Affairs).

If I counted right (and I probably didn't ), I have seven tags. I've worked off two so here are my tags:

Kris
Sparkle
AlexsHM
Pat
Old 02-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Oh boy, I feel like I "fell off the wagon" since Saturday! I need to get back on track for sure. I've completely undid my 4 lb loss for last week But, thanks to the guilt I did finish up two of my tags last night with some Wii play... I just LOVE the tennis! So, I tag:

knobhdy
mayness
sprkle
Ufi

I also went to the MyVirtualModel site and made me a before/after image for inspiration. Although I have to say that the "BEFORE" person is *so* not what I look like now... that model doesn't have all the bumps, grooves, rolls, and dents that my poor body has! *lol* Anyway, I'll post it later just for fun. In the meantime, I need to get to work!
Old 02-24-2009, 08:15 AM   #281  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
Purple - I wouldn't worry too much, it could just be that the teacher wants to share positive news with you.
No, it was bad she said she feels like my daughter is "unsure of herself" and if she had to decide right now, she would retain her...it really made me so mad I cried all through the meeting and it was horrible. But, it makes no sense to say she completes all the work and is even way ahead of the class in some subjects, yet because she is "unsure of herself" and seems to have "low self esteem" that she wants to hold her back a year It just makes no sense. She wanted me to sign some form and I refused and so she said she won't fill it out "just yet" and she'll give Allie time to act more self assured. i am going to meet with the principal because it makes no sense to hold her back for this reason.

My daughter does have a problem with anxiety where she is very nervous speaking out in class or doing anything where the other kids look at her...I told the teacher that at the very beginning of the year and she said she would let me know if it becomes a problem. She never said a word about it, even in our conferences prior to this, then suddenly wants to hold her back for basically being shy? I know it is not self esteem, it is a nervous problem.

anyway...the meeting went very bad and I came home and had a little binge, but managed to keep it small. I still am unnerved and angry today. I am getting a book today about anxiety in children to see if I can do something to help her act more "sure of herself" so this teacher will leave her alone.

I have like 7 tags to work off and a ton of work to do and everything feels like it is just spiraling out of control. I just feel so out of control of every aspect of my life and I don't know how to fix all the problems and pull it all back together. BUT I have determined I am going to at least work off a few tags today. The exercise will help me calm down some...maybe boxing is a good idea to blow off some steam. yoga might help as well.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Wow Purple, that would upset me too. I have never heard of such a thing. I would definitely want to talk to someone else besides the teacher. Give yourself some time to absorb what happened and figure out what to do. That is crazy! I am a very anxious person myself and understand how it can affect performance but it doesn't seem to me like the teacher is on the right track here.

Thanks for the tags JennyRaye and MsAugie. I went to the Y for a step class and a yoga class yesterday. Yoga is insane. I was in this crazy position and thought I was gonna break something and the instructor says to twist around and grab your foot! I laughed out loud. I have to work on the not laughing part, I don't think that is part of yoga.

I tag: JennyRaye, MsAugie, SexyBrokeChick, Sprklemajik
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to drop in this morning and say HI- I would have been upset as well Purple that is ridiculous reason to try to hold her back...... I would talk to the principle to see what he/she has to say. Good choice on maybe trying to find a book that could help her out a little bit.

Well heading off to work but when I get home I will work off the tag Vanessa gave me last night or should I say early this morning... Thanks

Have a great day
Old 02-24-2009, 10:17 AM   #284  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Goodmorning

Shari- Hmm..that sounds like that would be a good job, wierd. Especially on the insurance part, you would think they would give you a little break on that.

Purple- Thats crazy! I would talk to the principal too. I thought passing a grade had to do with academics not your personality or the way you present yourself. If shes doing good grade wise that should be what matters the most. I mean I guess I could see if she was in trouble all the time or something but in this case shes not. I was like that when I was a kid too, heck still am. I dont like talking in front of alot of people nor did I in school. I was always real shy in school. I also have anxiety problem. Im sure alot of kids do. Well let us know what the principal says.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 AM   #285  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Morning Ladies! I woke up late today but feel REFRESHED!

Shari - thanks for the tag and here's to your internet never ever being gone again!

Purple - deep breaths.... it is so hard when the world seems to judge us and those we love without really knowing our dreams, intentions, fears..... in the end the best thing you can do is love your daughter, and let your dd voice her opinion about it. You want to build some confidence in her, let her take part in the decision.... (even if she's little) just being heard can be the start of something wonderful for you both.

Bejeweled - to hear you talk about school makes me miss it. I graduated with my masters back in 2006. I have a monthly reminder in the form of a school loan payment, but I miss the homework, the conversation, the learning. (am I crazy?)

Okay girls... off to do some real work. Have a great day. Keep on tagging along!
Closed Thread