Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #181  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

2 tags done folks!
It's your turn Koshi, Sprkle, Nik and Jenny!

Pat, i hope things get figured out soon... it's so hard to tell what's real and what's not these days. be careful and always ask ifyiu're not sure good luck!!

Im thinking about envesting in an eliptical when DH gets back. He would probabaly vote for a treadmill.. but either or... it woudl be good for the days where i can drag my butt to the gym.. dvds are doing me well now.. but I could eliptical or treadmill while watching tv.. that would sure pass the time!

Last edited by mountain mama; 02-19-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #182  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Sweet. I've caught up with my tags again. I've got to tell you guys, the exercising is the only way I've been keeping my sanity. My husband and I have been in a legal battle over a car we purchased in october. The dealership sold us a car they didn't own, and so we're still trying to get them to pay off the car and send the title to our financing company so we can get our registration. Thankfully with the help of a lawyer this week, it looks like we might get some resolution on this soon.

I'll tag:
Dixie
Modcat
jo
marimari
Old 02-19-2009, 08:13 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Purple It keeps asking for my credit card numbers. I don't and didn't use them. Something is very wrong, reeks of rotten fish. I just might call ebay and talk to some one there. Let them know what is going on out here. Pat

Do you know anything about a virtual helper at pay pal called sarah? I tried to ask a question through this service couldn't get it done. Got caught in a big loop. This is just toooooooo strange. I still have not heard back from the bank either!!!! Pat
I have never heard of the virtual assistant...do not give them your numbers. I would delete out any personal info and bank account you listed on there and then cancel all of the accounts out completely, then ask the bank to take the payment back. You already have what you wanted so it's no loss to you. I would just write it off, something is not right. I have never heard of this happening to anyone.
Old 02-19-2009, 09:27 PM   #184  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Hey all! Just jumped on to see how many tags I got. A little over 1/2 hour before I go pick up my best friend at the airport!! Last minute cleaning! Runnung around like a man woman!! See you all later
Old 02-19-2009, 09:36 PM   #185  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Wow, that's a pretty serious problem you've got going there with Paypal, I think. You might want to call your local police and file a report, file a report with your Department of Justice and then put a fraud alert on the three major credit companies, just in case of identity theft attempts. You can also file a report with the federal government here: www.ftc.gov/spam. I went through a credit card number stolen thing before (from my mother's estate, and we had a shared account). It was awful.

OK, so I think I've had three tags, and I've got them worked off with jog/walking and pushups. That's six tags, right?

McKenziesmomma (Melissa)
sexybrokechick
knobhdy
bjeweled
alexahotmomma
purplefirefly

Oh, I forgot all about adding that I've said no to another thing that wouldn't have been a wise use of my time and energy. That makes two of my three things I said I would turn down, and it's only February! What's even cooler is that, because I said no, I was free to make plans with a friend to go out instead. I'm really looking forward to it because we haven't seen each other in weeks. Hooray me!

Last edited by Ufi; 02-19-2009 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 PM   #186  

Nessa!!! Have a freakin blast with your friend!!!! Let us know what fun you are having! ( im jealous.. lol but totally excited for you!)

I just did an hour yoga dvd... it was a stocking stuffer for christmas.. from the doller store.. and it's an awesome yoga dvd!! Can't believe it! it ws pretty muh all the stuff i do at classes at the gym.. so good for days when i cant make it there

anyway.. my tag is completed!! that's 9 tags done!
so... UFI and Purple.. you're it!!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
2 tags done folks!
It's your turn Koshi, Sprkle, Nik and Jenny!

but I could eliptical or treadmill while watching tv.. that would sure pass the time!
Thanks for the tag--something to look forward to for tomorrow!

I LOVE my elliptical. Dh bought me a portable dvd player that I keep on the book rack on mine, and I watch movies or tv show dvds while working out (no tv in room with the machine). Really makes the time pass quickly. Netflix was a great little tool, too. I got the entire series of MASH for Christmas, so I'm working my way through those--two episodes is 50 min--perfect length.

Last edited by JennyRaye; 02-19-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #188  

I will be working out like a fiend tomorrow to get out from under all these tags...so get ready to sweat ladies as I will be passing around a lot of taggies

ADD: I am not looking forward to weighing in tomorrow it's not going to be pretty, that is for sure. I am just having a really bad time here and had a binge today...the first time in over a month that I have actually gone to the store specifically for binge foods and planned it all out for when the kids went to bed. I realized while doing it that this is a sickness, a serious disorder just like the bulimia that controlled my life before I had children. I did find out I cannot fit in half of what i used to eat in a binge, but I still feel just as miserable since I guess my stomach has shrunk some.

Anyway, wanted to throw out that confession. I have 6 tags collected, and I will need all of them to undo this damage over the next week...so feel free to keep tagging me. I will have some to pass around tomorrow, but I am lost as far as who has gotten the least tags and needs more so shout out if you want one!

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 02-19-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:56 PM   #189  

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

Enygirl- i wish you luck with the job search... i know it isn't easyc. my neighbor is having problems too right now. i am going to get them a gift card for wal-mart to try to help out. thanx for the advice about DD. I love that girl so much it hurts. i try so hard to be patient with her. i do well most of the time. i have a tendency to be loud person... that doesn't mean yelling, but it just sounds loud sometimes. we have a great relationship and i am actually the one that she listens too the most. i have tried so much with her... i know that hitting is not the answer and i rarely spank her. she is 3 (just turned 3 in january) and i may have spanked her no more than 10 times. and that seems even worse after writing it down. i try time out, corner time, no tv, no toys etc, nothing phases her. she is riciduously smart and i have read that kids like that do not respond well to discipline or punishment. she is very strong-willed and if she wants to do something she does. the thing that gets her the most is if i don't talk to her... if i tell her something that she doesn't want to hear she tells me to stop talking, if i do, she can't stand it for longer than 5-10 minutes. sometimes that is the only way i get thru to her. My mom is a single mom and i know how hard that is. i am truly a lucky girl, now it depends on what day you catch me on, if i say that or not. HAHA! but i do know it. we are all having a hard time with DD being mean lately, i hope it is just a phase. o... btw. i gained 38 pounds while pregnant, i went from 180 to 218. i wasn't mad because i had weighed 238 at one point. so here i am now, not much less then when i was pregnant. i wish i wouldn't have gained all that weight. it is just so hard. my marathon-running, stick figure doctor told me i should only gain ten pounds... i was so mad... now i wish i would have listened.. grrr.... hormones... grrr.... maybe you could drink ensure or something to help with the not eating part. i used to drink them. they do not taste bad. i am sorry about the meds too, i know what a difference they can make! ask your doc if s/he can recommend a natural supplement that might help or maybe check out a health food store.

Purplefirefly- i am sorry about the binge. i guess i never looked at is as a sickness... i should have, but since i never threw up, i didn't think anything of it. it is strange tho, how we, well at least i, can know we shouldn't do yet do it anyway. i can sit there eating and think of all the calories etc, but just keep on eating it. i actually love the feeling of having my mouth full of food. especially chips and dip. grr i shouldn't think about that... anyway... thanx so much for the advice! she just turned 3, as i mentioned above. all of our family lives 3hours away. my close friend, who we use to spend a lot of time with, just started working. i babysit a little boy and i can swap time with his mom, but DD is allergic to cats and they have two. my husband doesn't pick up on me needing some time. i need to just be more open/demanding of it. he complains that he doesn't have time either.. HAHAHA!!!! I did get some time the other night while he was off to use my No!no! "kinda" in peace so that was nice, and i got a shower. I say "kinda" because there is always drama. (i do not know why Dh can not keep her entertained enough that she doesn't need me) DD had a fit because i made her leave the bathroom when she pulled on my power cord. i let a lot go without getting upset, but i don't mess around with stuff like that. she cried etc that she wanted me, but i still finished. it made me feel like a bad mom. i hate hearing her cry for me. and i think, it is better for me to be with her than to not have hair on my body. then i think.. can i really not have an hour to myself. it is so hard... but, we had a great time today! we have the "blue room" an extra bedroom that always needs cleaned and it almost is! yay!!! anyway he table and chair and easel are in there along with her art supplies. i have some of mine there too. we can sometimes manage to work together in there an i can actually accomplish something. i do pastel portraits and now FINALLY getting to scrapbook. she is really excited about the scrapbooking. i think she may make on too! i think that it may get better, once it is all cleaned. i will still have to stop what i am doing to help her and play too, and on moat days that is ok with me. i love the idea of quiet time. she did that on her own today! she i finally getting the hang of her leapster2 and she can play with it for quite awhile. the games on it are awesome! i am definitely going to encourage quiet time more often. it would be so much nicer if she had someone to play with. i had hoped to have a sibling for her by now i am going to be nosey here.. what do you know about the working from home thing that isn't a scam? web design was actually part of my major in college.

mayness
- hope things work out for your husband!!! kudos to you for making it work out so far.

it was nice to hang out with my husband for 2 nights. i had a lot to catch up on here tho. we watched a movie called "America: Freedon to Fascism" it was really interesting. it is a documentary on how we do not really have to pay taxes. there is no law saying that we have too etc. i highly recommend watching it, it is on-line too. altho it made me mad!

i wish is wasn't so cold here! it is about 0 right now. i want so badly to go for a walk, but really, i am not taking DD out when it is in the 30's. i really want my elliptical back to the way it was i absolutely love it. i could easily spend and hr a day on it if i were given the opportunity. it seems as tho 40 mins is pushing it with DD.

so i think i have done 2 of 4 tags. i really just felt like crap today. i gained 3 pounds so that didn't help either. my head has hurt since the time i woke up. i did not exercise today at all. but i did get a lot of cleaning done and i played a lot with DD too. I am so excited about starting to scrapbook. i have had the supplies, but never made the time. i had my table cleared off, but it is covered again, but with pics and paper that i will work on tomorrow. DD tried to convince me to do the 30DS tonight, but it was after 8 so i said no... that i way too late for us. so i promised we could do it tomorrow morning. that kids LOVES it. i was shocked when she said no earlier when i had asked her.

i hope i remember to weigh myself and measure in the morning. i always forget to measure and i am doing another challenge where i need to post it....

hope you all have a great day! good luck with the weigh-ins!

Last edited by alexs hot momma; 02-20-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Weigh day! I actually did shockingly well this week (as least for me anyway).
Down 4 pounds for the week! - only 2 lbs from my St Patty Day goal.

For my tag yesterday, I did modified tennis for a half hour on the Wii. I still have another tag that I'll do tonight. So I tag JasonsLea and ChopperChick.

NSV(NonScaleVictory) for yesterday too. It was after lunch yesterday at work and I was craving something sweet. With dollar bill in hand, I headed to the vending machine at work already with the plan that I would stay on plan and get a bag of the Quaker Mini Ricecakes. I get there, and there are NONE. But there was my old pal Snickers (YUM!). I stood there and looked through the glass for several minutes scanning frantically to see if I could find anything else that might be better for me (trail mix, anything!?!?). Then for a brief moment I lifted my dollar and thought "Screw it, I'm getting the Snickers"... but I stopped. I walked away. Instead, I stopped by a co-workers goody bucket (don't get me started, its a large cookie tin that he constantly has filled with candy!) and got one single Dove chocolate. It was good! And surprisingly, enough to fix my chocolate craving.

Last edited by marimari; 02-20-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #191  

I'll be back later to do personals, but just wanted to report in that I am up 9 pounds for the week...I know it is all the salt from my binge last night (was down 2 pounds before the binge last night, so I know I did not gain 11 pounds overnight, it will go back down as I eat right and get my water in again). But, I have to report it as my big gain for the week

going to PM Eny, catch up with the rest of ya in a few.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 AM   #192  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

I managed to work off one tag last night, even though I was super tired all day after staying up late the night before studying for an exam.

So, I'm tagging:

Fauxtini (is this your 10th?!)
and
Purple (you asked for it -- and feel free to tag me tomorrow!)

This weekend my mom is coming to visit, so I don't know how often I'll be on, but I'll check for tags. I'll need the exercise, since I'm sure we'll go out to eat every day!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Alexs mom - thanks for the thoughts... right now DH and I are at eachothers throats because we're in eachothers faces all the time, now that I'm home. It sucks. I hate feeling so depressed all the time. I am going to talk to my Dr., but my appt. isn't until March 5th. I know there are several herbs and stuff that are good for depression, but a lot of natural remedies aren't considered safe during pregnancy. ugh. I just have to wait it out until I can talk to him. I understand the whole having a child too smart for your good thing. My daughter is well above average in everything (except math) And honestly - 3 years old was our hardest age. I told everyone I'd take my 2 year old back in a heartbeat! But I swear - the second she turned 3 her independant streak hit with a vengance. She spent a LOT of time in her room. I'm a "mean" mom (just ask DD's Nana (my mom)) and I didn't let her back talk, not listen or anything else. We had a rule - I'm the boss - period. She didn't do well with time outs, I didn't spank her because it didn't phase her (I did it 2ce, and no response) - tried the no toys, no TV - nothing worked. The only thing I could do is that she had to sit in her room with no contact from anyone else until SHE was done and was ready to listen to what I had to say. I started with 5 minutes - if she was crying and carrying on then the time didn't start until she calmed down. When she decided that she was done and ready to talk then we talked about it. I would ask her if she understood why I was upset, and why she got in trouble. A smart child knows. It was NEVER a "Mommy I'm done" and go on our merry way thing... that doesn't teach the child anything, and they don't grasp why they were disciplined. And I would always explain to her that I would not accept that type of behavior and that it was her choice how she wanted to behave, but good or bad there are always consequences. I discipline her the same way now too now that's she's 7. She got in trouble at school for splashing water in the bathroom (I know - felonious offense right? ) and when she came home we talked in length about it, and I told her right then that if she got in trouble at school again that she would be sent to her room for the entire night except to eat dinner. She would not be allowed to play, to color nothing except for reading her books on her bed. When it happened again (I swear she did it just to test me) I followed through with exactly what I told her - and she sat in her room from 4 pm until 6 pm, and then from 6:30 pm until 8:30pm - and we haven't had 1 incident since. On the other hand - she knows when she has an exceptional day - and gets rewarded at school - the Wednesday of that week she gets to stay up late and we have family movie night where SHE gets to pick the movie. - It's very special to her (and apparently getting to stay up an extra 1/2 hour is a phenominal treat! )
I am a very strict mom - but I have NEVER had anyone question my child's behavior in public (you know the ones where YOU want to back hand their kids for how disrespectful they are) and Her and I have an incredible relationship - and we talk about EVERYTHING - and we always have. I honestly don't think that adults give children enough credit - and if we stopped to listen to them for more then the 10 seconds before we start yelling - we'd be amazed at how much easier parenting really is. I also thank my Preschool & Early Elementary development education teachers from college for helping me understand kids too... now if only I could take an "Understanding the Teenage brain" class within the next few years - I'd be GOLDEN!

Mari - Great job avoiding the Vending Machine monster. That can be one of the hardest things! I would always stash cheese & crackers (handi-snacks) and granola bars in my desk for those moments... it's still really tough.

Purple - brush off the bings - and get back into the groove! We have weaknesses...that's why we're here! Next time you "plan a binge" do it in the 100 calories per pack section - and limit yourself... some of those snacks are really good and offset the binge factor BIG TIME! I used to plan my binge into my day calorie wise - on a binge day I'd allow myself 400 extra calories - It's all about control and moderation

Ok - I'm going to do some more Job searching... Remember to PM me your weights by tonight!!!

Last edited by Enygirl; 02-20-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Everyone,

I've missed all of you. I had a hectic week and it's not over yet. I am usually very happy to be a stick in the mud and get all out of sorts whenever I have to verge from my routine. Last week the 2 day college visit trip (the college is 6.5 hours away) turned into 5 days which really messed things up for me. We went for a music audition but the prof asked my daughter to stay for a high school event the music college was hosting so we felt obligated to stay. (She is trying to get a scholarship.)It was a long, boring and expensive and I lost my entire weekend. Today we are heading out of town again for another audition for another school. This school is also 6.5 hours away but at least it is in Florida. Nice. I wish we were going there for 5 days. Unfortunately, we can't afford it plus she is in a big hurry to get back and see her boyfriend who has been out of town on a school trip and returns on Saturday. Anyway, exercise has been very hit and miss. Mostly miss I am afraid.

I sure wish I could participate in the tag challenge. Hopefully when I get back. I love tag!
Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #195  

Mayness! thanks so much for the 10th tag!!!! you rock
I will get you back later! hehe

My whole body STILL aches from the weight training ive been doing with my friend. I didnt do anyyesterday to help heal my muscles and stuck to WATP and lots of yoga to stretch the aching things.. but im still in pain. Im wondering if i over did it or something... i should still be in pain 3 days aftere.. should i? sheeeeesh.... maybe i just need to get over the hump of the first week,.. i wonder if this is how thebiggets loser felt!? heheh

Also... perhaps i have good news! the health foodstore i wanted to work at is actually hiring!! they sai dthey will give me call soon to chat!!! im ecited!!! my DH will be excited too if i get it lol i just hope our trip we have planned for his R and R leave doesnt ruin my chances of getting the job!
Closed Thread