Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM   #346  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

Well last night I did my exercise (3 mile WATP dvd) and am going to do it again this afternoon when I get my youngest down for a nap! I have been forgetting to do my pushups. I need to do that and also the situps!

I don't know why but I just feel sluggish today. It is freezing outside and snowing and it makes me tired lol. I need to get my exercise done though and I know the longer I wait the more I will lose my motivation!!
Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
if the workout is scheduled in the morning and your missing them then did you go to sleep early enough.....or do you just not like getting up and getting going in the morning....maybe it should be moved to another time of the day......or maybe it was just a spoof and you only missed ONE!

So don't beat yourself up! Just get back with your program as soon as possible!
I think I am just have a very low energy day. Kids are back in school and I have a ton of work to get done here, and I just don't wanna do anything Kids are home now and I don't even want to kick supper, so lazy feeling! I know it is just one little workout and I can still get it in if I make the effort, but it's like my steam is gone today.

Part of the issue is the morning exercise, which used to be a habit that I absolutely loved and made me feel so energetic all day, but kids were on vacation for 2 weeks and our sleep schedule is all out of whack so i think that is what is wrong...gonna put us all to bed early tonight to hopefully fix that.

Anyway, I've decided I AM going to do my Jillian workout and part of my walk, enough to do the c2d5 that was planned for today, and I will let some housework slide to get those things done.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:37 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Errrr! So, I'm a little frustrated right now. I bought myself a Dancing with the Stars workout DVD for Christmas and it kinda BLOWS! It isn't very high intensity.....I mean it may get there eventually but I just kinda got bored thinking....crap I'm wasting my time when I could be having Jillian kick my butt right now....ha ha ha!
I have a DVD I feel that about too. It's a dance one, can't remember the name. It's ok, but I know I don't get my heart rate up like some of my other ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
I've got plans to check out a gym on campus either today or tomorrow... I've had a membership since the beginning of fall semester, but the one time I tried going to the closer gym, all the employees were really rude... and I just felt busy and overwhelmed trying to get used to a new school/town so I never tried any of the other ones. I figure I should do it now, before all the undergraduates come back!
Good Luck, hopefully everyone is nice this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Today is Jillian frontside day and I keep thinking I don't have time for that, but I know it's just an excuse because her workouts are so hard and I want to just skip anything hard today.
I just got a 5 DVD pack and it has the Front side and I did that yesterday. I think that is harder then the 30DS I do. I'm afraid to try the others. I might colapse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
Today I did something crazy, There is a challenge each year for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association here in the UK, and working in a vets everyone wants to make an effort to help raise money to help them, anyway I signed myself, DH, boss and a colleague and his fiance up (ooops) hehe 17km mountain biking trek round Coniston in the the Lake District, followed by a 17km hike up what i think is some rough terrain and then i think 17km kyack session before a big party, you have 10 hours to complete it so I have to get into training, OMG what have I done.
That sounds great. Good Luck Training!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollypie View Post
Okay went to lunch today for a coworker b-day and instead of the normal chicken tenders and fries I got I got a turkey sandwich and a side salad.
Good choice. I know it's really hard for me to make good choices when I go out to eat.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:54 PM   #349  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
I just got a 5 DVD pack and it has the Front side and I did that yesterday. I think that is harder then the 30DS I do. I'm afraid to try the others. I might colapse.

They are harder! I have been doing the boxed ones for awhile so when I tried 30DS it didn't seem very hard to me, so I went back to the boxed ones. I am doing the Shape Up front and back set, the Maximize is even harder and I have not gotten up the nerve to even put them in yet! I really like the cardio kickbox in there, it is all cardio but super tough as well. I do the frontside one day, backside next, kickbox next, and then rest a day or do a lighter cardio DVD and then repeat the whole thing!

Question for the whole group:what is your absolute favorite workout DVD or routine? My all time favorite is Winsor Pilates Fat Burn Pilates...it is a cardio workout with pilates moves that are so unique and fun, I gave it away and then bought it again off ebay because I missed it so much even the music is really great and original.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:11 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Purple- I think my form is ok, I just have a slight scolieosis so my back ALWAYS hurts. Even after I work out and it sucks.

Melissa- Glad you liked the idea, wasnt even trying to give an idea, haha. Guess you can learn things from people without even realizing what your saying. Yeah, I didnt think Dancing with the Stars would be good. I looked at it a few times myself and I just figured it would be one of those you couldnt keep up with, with the dance moves and stuff. What kind of cheese did you use in the chicken quesidillas?

Mayness- I know what you mean! I hate going to our local gym sometimes because the employees are also rude. You feel a little out of place or something when you greeted like that.

[/B]Dolly[/B]-Good Job!

Lackie- Totally understandable about saying kids are from a diffrent generation even though you still young. I think it all the time. Some of the things they do and say now shocks me. I do think it has to do with some parenting. The more you spoil a child and let them get away with stuff it seems they are more disrespectful to others. Im not saying they are bad parents just maybe need a little more discipline. Nowdays, its hard to find the right discipline though. I hope your girls get better and start respecting you more. Try to stay strong!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
It's been so informative to read all the conversations here. Count me in on the reward of a little "top" improvement when I hit goal--and let me just say my DH is verrry happy to help me accomplish my goal, haha!! I've even gotten a consult a couple of months ago, but the dr. was totally right in saying if I want to lose still a significant amount, to maybe wait a while longer.......Let's just say, Perkiness and Projection (once more) is hopefully in my future for the end of 2009!!
OMG! See what I mean...how your hubby is soo excited and willing and ready for you to do it...my hubby gets offended! What's up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
My prayers are with you, take a box of tissue and a foam sponge. I pretended the sponge is a brick and CHUCK it at my TV screen inbetween squats and crying. Its also effective for dabbling sweat off your forehead. The tissue is for the tears.
I LOVE 30DS! It seems like it is over so quickly and I know I'm getting a good workout..... AND for some stupid reason...I don't sweat! I don't know why but I sure wish I did....help with water weight it would...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollypie View Post
Okay went to lunch today for a coworker b-day and instead of the normal chicken tenders and fries I got I got a turkey sandwich and a side salad.
Congrats! OMG! I hope I have your willpower the next time I go out to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndChance09 View Post
I don't know why but I just feel sluggish today. It is freezing outside and snowing and it makes me tired lol. I need to get my exercise done though and I know the longer I wait the more I will lose my motivation!!
I know what you mean! It is soooo grey and dreary outside...and COLD! So it is hard to get outside and do anything....and you get tired of staring at the walls in your house and you just want to SCREAM....that is just my opinion...LOL...I'm ready for spring and things to come back to life...I know it is just right around the corner.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I think I am just have a very low energy day. Kids are back in school and I have a ton of work to get done here, and I just don't wanna do anything Kids are home now and I don't even want to kick supper, so lazy feeling! I know it is just one little workout and I can still get it in if I make the effort, but it's like my steam is gone today.

You'll be fine.....maybe you just need a day of rest? Enjoy the evening with your family and just don't think about it......whatever you decide to do just remember today is only one day out of 365!

To answer Purple's question - My favorite workout DVD has got to be Jillians 30 Day Shred.....and her cardio kickbox too!!!

Now...Purple you have actually given me an idea...I have a question for the group....

We ALL have those off days where we are tired or we have too much to do or we miss a workout.....my question is....what is your plan to tackle those days?

I haven't really thought of this...but we all know it is coming....so I need some ideas!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:15 PM   #352  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Heather - Cheddar and Mont. Jack blend 110 calories for 28 grams
Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #353  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Ok.. haha I was gone for a mere AFTERNOON and I have pages to catch up on! lol You girls are OUT OF CONTROL! ( in a good way, of course)

Pushup challenge w1d2 complete! I was making pained faces at the gym doing them.. but at least i didint cry or collpase! lol

Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #354  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

We ALL have those off days where we are tired or we have too much to do or we miss a workout.....my question is....what is your plan to tackle those days?

To answer the question, hmm well im really working on positive thinking and saying positive things even if i dont feel it at the moment.. hehe it usually turns into at least me laughing at myself hehe
I also remember that things can change ina second. if i eat something bad, or do something un healthy or think bad thoughts.. i know that all we have is now and each second i can change for the better!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #355  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I can do any thing for 15 minutes. Even 1 little blurp of exercise in my day. (you FLYLADY junkies will understand!) Thats my mindset, how I do it may be:
1. Ipod on and dancing while cleaning house
2. Walking each piece of clothing to its room as I fold it out of the dryer. Usually takes about 15 minutes
3. Ipod and do laps for 15 around my house, delivering odds and ends from the wrong room to the right room.

Last edited by Nixmom; 01-05-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #356  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I've decided and made a committment to myself and my husband that my taking care of myself is a job. Can't call in sick or tired or bored (the boss [me], knows I'm just faking it anyways). Still got to get there. It's usually the dreading actually getting started that's hard part for me. Once I start my exercise for the day, then I don't mind completing it.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

IM sooooooo excited! I got my 30DS DVD and TBL Cookbook today. I love amazon, it got here 2 days earlier than it was suppose to. Im gonna clean my house first (orginal plans) before I get into reading that book and stuff.

Melissa- Thanks im gonna make them for dinner tonight!

I have no idea, wish I could help but im very easily unmovitated. I hope some other ideas will help me too.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi all!

Still no scale!! Whew!! It is getting a little easier!

I have a lot of those days but I try to turn them into moments. I only allow myself to miss working out for TRUE illnesses or injuries. I usually am able to do something. Wii fit, resistance bands, mat work...etc. My exercise/food log helps also. I don't like to see blank spaces where exercise should be. One more thing that helps...my pedometer. I wear it all the time. If my steps are too low, I know I need to get moving. I remind myself of all the energy that exercise is giving me. I am so thrilled that I can get off the couch or chair without using my hands to help! I want more of those moments!!

I got an elliptical for Christmas and that is a beast!! I now switch between my treadmill and elliptical. I do one of them every morning and my legs feel terrific for the whole day.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #359  

I made an exciting decision! I got a thing in the mail about the Avon 2 day walk for cancer and while I have wanted to do it for a long time now I don't see how I could raise the required $1,800 to do it...so I decided I am going to walk a 5K this year! I looked on runnersworld.com and found a good one that is about an hour from my house in early March and I am giong for it! They have a kids run as well so I may take the kids and get them involved some, so fun! I ran it by hubby and even he supported me and said if I really train he knows I can do it. i am really excited now. I found a training program and will be at the track tomorrow morning getting started.

There is also a half marathon for walkers in Columbus, Ohio, right near where we go in the summer to visit my family so I am planning on doing that as well...how far is a half marathon? I have longer to train for that, so the 5K can be my warm up. I know I cannot run these things, but I am confident I can walk them! I am so pumped now, can't wait to hit the track in the morning.

P.S. I am scared to death. I have never done anything like this before, but I really want to set my mind to it and actually accomplish something fitness wise this year. I have push past the "Come on, you can't really do this" thinking and get going.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
[B]2. Walking each piece of clothing to its room as I fold it out of the dryer. Usually takes about 15 minutes

I have never heard of that before! Thanks for an awesome idea!
Closed Thread