Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

Well, I am on vacation for a couple of weeks so I have not been on the computer lately. I still want to participate in this challenge as I don't want to gain weight during my vacation. I like the idea of not becoming so dependent on the scale normally I get on the scale 2 or 3x per day. It will be nice to not be so obsessed with it. I still need to do the push up test and will post my results soon. Another program I would like to try after my vacation is C25K program. I have always wanted to try running. It looks like everyone is off to a strong and healthy beginning for the New Year. Keep up the good work!

Take care,

Jo7475
Old 01-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #242  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I love reading all the posts! The past two days I spent an hour each on the new stationary bike, and today I did wk1,d2 of the pushup challenge. So tough, but I'm still going. I'll get back on the bike tomorrow.

I've got to ask you guys, I've not exercised much so far. I've been at the weightloss since July 2008 and have spent most of my focus on the eating part, but slowed so much in the 230's I decided I needed to add the extra movement. How much exercise should I be doing? Is 4 hours a week on the bike right now too much, or too little? I'm totally lost. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 01-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #243  
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

I know I need to love myself first -

How do I handle when my trainer weighs me at the end of the weekly session?

I promise not to weigh myself when I am at home!
Old 01-03-2009, 07:55 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

lackie~The upload said my file was too big. i need 500x500 that I need to do it mannually I don't know how to do that. Can some one help this electronic impaired lady get this picture uploaded 500x500 sized? The picture is in my personal profile for those that might want to see it. W A R N I N G!!!!! It aint pretty. Pat
Old 01-03-2009, 07:56 PM   #245  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Just checking in. Put away some christmas decorations and have the tree ready for DS to put away. Should have everything packed away by tomorrow.

Signed up for the 30ds for Monday that should be interesting being that the push up challenge is kicking my butt!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I went to amazon.com and found the crunchless ab workout set. Does any one here own a dvd or the set? It sounds great 4 ab dvd + a sculpting dvd with a resistance band. I read the success stories and got sceptical. With out word of mouth I don't know that I want to spend $39.99 for the set. I wanted Bender Ball until I read more in depth about it. The skeptics don't like it, they say it is a sham. I didn't get it, but it is still advertized on tv. Bottom line does any one here know of a good ab workout dvd?

Ps:I finished day one of the push up and sit up challenges!! Y E A H!!

Last edited by Dixiemae; 01-03-2009 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #247  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

When I first got up and went to the bathroom, I looked over at where the scale normally is and wanted to weigh myself. And Saturday has never been a weigh-in day for me! How weird is that?

Question for you: What does your scale do for you?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:34 PM   #248  
Goodbye Fat!

I everyone, I made it to the gym again today! Wow two days in a row that is an accomplishment for me. I am about to go do my pushups for the day and some stretching for my sore muscles.

I bought the Biggest Loser Yoga DVD today so I am going to give it a try tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I am having my first tough night here I was perfect all day and felt wonderful, almost like it was going too easy so far...then hubby and my daughter came home MILs house, and she sent half a box of chocolate covered cherries and a whole box of dots home...I dots, absolutely love them and immiediately, the second I saw them I wanted to swallow all of them immeidately. i did have 4 little pieces then put it all up high....but they are like calling to me.

They were sent home for the kids, but normally they don't get very much of it so tomorrow after I let them have a couple pieces I can throw it away and they will not notice, but tonight it is really, really tough. My strategy is to just not buy the stuff I can't resist without binging, but MIL is famous for sending junk home with hubby all the time, i almost feel she tries to sabotage me.

Anyway, I decided I could post here and then I will have to admit if I cave and eat them all tonight...so I am going to put on my music and go out back for a walk in the dark, that should get my mind off it.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Pathetic

PATHETIC....That is the best word to describe the shape I am in, well round also describes me, but that is beside the point. Okay, I read posts and thought I too will try my 30DS video. I got through the first set of jump rope and OMG, I just died. Coughing up my lungs as my DH peeked around the corner to make sure I did not need an ambulance. Oh and he laughed at me too, because I was using spaghetti sauce for weights,lol. I realized I am #1 still to sick to exercise like that. #2 I need to find a better bra to work out in, because I think I blacked an eye. #3 Of course I might need to buy weights. Finally #4 It is possible that I am just in that bad of shape.

On a better note, it was being sick and having muscle aches that kept me from doing better on the push up test. I did day 1 level 1 before my sad attempt at 30DS and I completed it. I thought about re-testing but I think I will just stay with level 1. Although I had no trouble with the push up part of 30DS. My lungs feel like they have a elephant on them. I have not had that feeling since I stopped smoking a few years ago.

Oh and I did NOT hop on the scale this morning yay for me.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:40 PM   #251  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Oh, just wanted to add that I did my first pushup day today. Ouch. I bet I'm going to be sore tomorrow from the way I'm already sore. I've also been walking.

I'm pleased to say that the parts of my home that have already gone through the first phase of decluttering are still looking nice. I even bought some tulips for the dining table. I'm going to do a bit of cleaning before I get ready to go out dancing tonight. Yep, me moving my bod in front of total strangers.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:54 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

My new year is just sucking. I mean im doing better with food and stuff but ive been sick off and on since around christmas. My grandma went in the hospital the day before yesterday and my step dad is in intensive care as of today. Im starting to feel kinda depressed.

To those of you that are having a hard time with wanting to weigh yourself...Tell someone to hide it for you and then you wont know where its at so it cant call your name, lol.

Jenny- I think Amazon is definatly the best place to buy the dvds.

Angie- I feel your pain. I feel pathetic most of the time too. As for the exercise, im just as bad. I feel like im dying within the first 5 min. Surely it will get easier with time. Hang in there.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Heather, you have every reason to feel depressed I hope things look up, though all of 2008 was miserable for me so I can relate. Let's focus on a positive mindset so we can make this OUR YEAR...I really do believe a lot of it is in the thinking. Depression is so hard though, I struggle with that a lot. Vent here....we are listening and will try to pick you up some. My thoughts are with you and your family members to get well soon.

angie, you are so funny! I hope you will rest and not work out like that until your body is ready for it...you will get there. Keep making those attempts and you'll get there.

Ufi--dancing sounds so fun, have a blast! And who cares what size you are? Get out there and boogie down, and think of all the calories flying off your booty as you do it.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Lot's of replying to do...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Melissa.. i think.... i get your hint! EXCITING! TO ME! If it's REALLY what I think it is.. im totally up for doing it all from the beginning again
Not really what I have planned....you'll see...although doing the whole C25K may be a possiblity during the "Girls we gotta Work" labor day challenge...cause I think it is 9 weeks long......

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post

MELISSA - I can't wait for the tags to come back... just not until I finish my already existing pile
OMG....I can't believe your still keeping up with that....LOL...cool! Although I think next time I will do that you only get to tag 1 person....I was expecting the challenge to really die down or more people to quit so I thought we had better tag more than 1 person to keep it going.....and it got quite crazy....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
McKenzies ~ thanks for the vote of confidence. My BF is even a little shocked, and scared. We have a deal ~ you ready ~ I want a ring... he has committed to buy me 1/2 a carat for every 10lbs I lose SUCKER!!! I am on a mission. I have 50lbs at minimum and 60 if I am really trying to hit my peak. He's stressing hard right now! You ladies will not be able to shake me from these challenges. I want my rock!
Your a smart cookie!!! That is a great idea and how you got him to agree to that I will never know.....dang he better me saving some money cause my little 1/2 carot diamond ring costs almost $2,000 he is gonna be in the whole more than 2 months salary for sure...LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Ummm...Nessa...What are the tags about?
The tags are referring to a game we played in the last challenge (it was a mini challenge kinda like the push up/sit up challenge we are doing now) It was called "TAG your it" and the idea was to force us to all exercise......after you exercised for 30 minutes you got to "tag" 3 people and then they had to exercise for 30 minutes and once they did they got to tag 3 people who had to exercise 30 minutes and tag 3 people and so forth and so on...it was great fun and we will do it a few times this year probably!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
I've got to ask you guys, I've not exercised much so far. I've been at the weightloss since July 2008 and have spent most of my focus on the eating part, but slowed so much in the 230's I decided I needed to add the extra movement. How much exercise should I be doing? Is 4 hours a week on the bike right now too much, or too little? I'm totally lost. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Its really up to you! I think if I were you I would start out slow and steady.....remember slow and steady wins the race....you can start out all gung ho and burn yourself out.....just try 3 nights a week for 45 minutes....if you find yourself really wanting to do more go for it.....but if you find yourself wanting to quit....try to stick to at least your 3 nights for 45 minutes.....increase at a gradual pace to ensure you stick with it....hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diary View Post
I know I need to love myself first -

How do I handle when my trainer weighs me at the end of the weekly session?

I promise not to weigh myself when I am at home!
Just don't look....ha ha ha! You can tell your trainer to look and he/she can still adjust your plan accordingly....and the number on 2-14 can be a big surprise for you (good I hope) cause you got someone keeping a check on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
lackie~The upload said my file was too big. i need 500x500 that I need to do it mannually I don't know how to do that. Can some one help this electronic impaired lady get this picture uploaded 500x500 sized? The picture is in my personal profile for those that might want to see it. W A R N I N G!!!!! It aint pretty. Pat
Can't help you there...mine has never said that......Looks like the Colts are done for this season That sucks! Better luck next year!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiemo3 View Post
Okay, I read posts and thought I too will try my 30DS video. I got through the first set of jump rope and OMG, I just died. Coughing up my lungs as my DH peeked around the corner to make sure I did not need an ambulance. Oh and he laughed at me too, because I was using spaghetti sauce for weights,lol. I realized I am #1 still to sick to exercise like that. #2 I need to find a better bra to work out in, because I think I blacked an eye. #3 Of course I might need to buy weights. Finally #4 It is possible that I am just in that bad of shape.
[/COLOR]
Okay first of all 30DS is JILLIAN MICHALS so cut yourself some slack girl cause she is a tough cookie and that is a hard DVD! Second of all, please stick with it....you WILL start seeing results soon. I couldn't do the whole thing in 30 days....I did level one for 30 days and then went to level 2, but I could tell a difference in my abs and my arms! My arms were super toned! And were getting skinny! My first week or so I struggled to really even do the level one 20 minute work out....It gets easier...I promise....Third, I must thank you soooo much for the HUGE LAUGH you gave me.....ha ha ha...you are a very animated person and I love your descriptions.....I have the same bra problem....LOL...I got me several sports bras after purchasing the 30DS....LOL! Also, I had to do the 30DS without weights for a while and then got 3 lbs ones and worked my way up....so just do whatever your comfortable with....spaghetti sauce included....LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
My new year is just sucking. I mean im doing better with food and stuff but ive been sick off and on since around christmas. My grandma went in the hospital the day before yesterday and my step dad is in intensive care as of today. Im starting to feel kinda depressed.
Is your grandma feeling better? I thought she was on the up and up?? What is wrong with Joe? I think there is just some yuckkyness going around....everyone traveling and being around lots of people around the holidays and all the shopping and stuff.....it will subside soon enough! Hang in there....if your doing good on food then you need to be dang proud cause that is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT for you......I know how hard it is for you especially considering the living arrangements (dad wanting to eat everything) and work arrangements (being around all that food)....I think if you can just work on the food part and the night eating....that is great....don't even worry about the work part for now....just tackle what you know you can and go from there! You will get this! Just keep reminding yourself that you aren't going to let another year slip away from you....this is YOUR year that you are going to take your life back!

It is the year that we all take our lives back!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 01-03-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #255  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Ummm...Nessa...What are the tags about?
Hey Lackie! I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you but Melissa did a great job of explaining what they were. We played a game of tag last challenge & I have a "pile" of tags left that I am determined to work off. 30 minutes per tag and I got a total of 42. Some got way more... right Faux?

But it was a FUN game & it really made me want to work out. I think we all worked out hard that challenge!

TO EVERYONE OUT THERE THAT'S NOT FAMILIAR WITH ENY & MELISSA I'M TELLING YOU RIGHT NOW, THESE ARE THE LADIES YOU WANT TO STICK WITH. THEY TOTALLY MOTIVATE YOU & COME UP WITH SUCH AWESOME CREATIVE CHALLENGES. I WILL FOLLOW THEM TO THE END OF THE EARTH. I AM THE SELF PROCLAIMED LITTLE SUCKY FISH THAT ATTACHES TO SHARKS - ENY & MELISSA BEING THE SHARK.

And what I love best about Eny & Melissa is that even though the are running the challenge together they totally fess up when they've stacked. So it's not like they are perfect & look down their noses at us little weaklings. They are right there saying "I just couldn't get myself to work out today" or "My eating has been so off today" And for that I will listen to their advice because I know they are just like me. OH I LOVE YOU GUYS! Oh no! I'm turning into Leslie "I LOVE TO WALK I LOVE TO WALK I LOVE TO WALK!"
Closed Thread