Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 PM   #466  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
scarahjs--did you do the cardio kick box at home or at the gym? I tried the one at my gym before--waaay too hard for me, too fast or something! Of course, this was several months ago, but no way am I gonna try it again right now--let the newbies fall out first and GIVE ME SOME SPACE!
The Cardio Kick Box I did was a Jillian Michael's DVD. It was only about 30mins but it really killed me. I'm too scared to join a gym. Plus there aren't any gyms near my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
My mom is super thrilled as well, since the half marathon is in Ohio and it means she gets to see us for sure this summer.
Good Luck with the marathon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
OMG...I just completed W1D3 of my push ups and I maxed my last set out at 35!!!! WOW!
Wow...that is great. At this point I could never do that many at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post
It's probably the freakin TV that my husband HAD to have - 62 inches... who needs a 62 inch TV?!? If he didn't work for Best Buy & had an awesome discount on it I would have never allowed him to get it. Men!
I couldn't imagine having a TV that big. It would take up my whole living room.

Knobhdy: Welcome to the challenge!!!

Well as of last night I finished the w1d3 of the push ups and w1d1 of the sit up challenge. I didn't get up this morning to workout, for some reason I was really really tired. I'm gonna go to bed early tonight and make sure I'm rested for tomorrow's workout. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keillynsmom View Post
I would like to follow Dr. Huizenga's diet in his "WOW Prescription" -- he gives a calorie allowance based on your metabolism, number of servings of food groups (protein/fruits/veggies/etc), and what acceptable food choices are. There is a one day menu, adjusted for calorie amounts, but not food variety. Any ideas on how to go from number of servings to a week's menu?
Why not make a list of all the foods you like that are acceptable in each food group, and then think of ways to combine them into different meals. If you have the list for each food group and know how many of each you can have per day, then you can combine those foods to make your own little meals.

Barb, think of ways to customize the plan to your own lifestyle, tastes, etc. because no plan in a book will fit all people. Take what works for you and ditch the rest. I think back to me trying to follow those plans in the past and they all ended in miserable failure which I blamed on myself. The truth is I needed to change a few things to fit my own life is all.

But, as far as the menus I think you'll have to just think of all your options in each group and find ways to combine things. You can always do salads with different toppings or I like to eat whole wheat tortillas with lunch meat or leftover chicken and chease, microwave until cheese is melty and then add in some lettuce, tomato, or sometimes just salad mix, and a small amount of my low cal. balsamic dressing, and it is really yummy rolled up! You can even make pizza out of those tortillas and they taste good.

One last suggestion: think of foods you really like to eat and how you can make them fit into the plan, make healthier versions. You may have to experiment, but there should be a way to recreate most dishes healthfully. YOu can recreate fast food meals you like, using foods from you lists.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Welcome to those that are just joining us!

Melissa-I cant wait for the food challenge either!

Eny-You feeling any better?

Man, I need to do something for my sleep patterns. I either dont go to bed til 4am and then get up at like 9am and go back to sleep til say 1pm or I go to bed at 12am and sleep 12 hours. I wish I could sleep like a normal person. Maybe I should start setting my alarm. I do think exercising at night was keeping me up. I exercised at 6 pm instead of like 10pm and slept much better last night.
Well im off to get some laundry done and try to fit in a workout before work. See you all later!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:28 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, before someone notices my ticker and calls me out, I did weigh in this morning. But, I did it on purpose because I wanted a starting weight before I get into this 5K training program, so I see how much I lose doing it. So, I did weigh this week but I will put it back up and not weigh until our challenge is over now, since the training will go through March sorry gals, but I needed that start number! I did lose 3.2 pounds this week so I am excited to see my number in 5 more weeks!
Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey all,

Am really feeling it after the 30ds workout yesterday glad for a day of rest,

Is it tomorrow we start the new challenge or today, I got lost as when I read the thread all your posts are in uk time so some are early hours of my morning

Anyway really looking forward to it, cant wait, I've seriously never been so excited about exercise and weight loss and healthy eating in my entire life - New Year whole new Me it seems

Thanks everyone
Old 01-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #471  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

so my friends flight is changed till Saturday.. so i'm still here! hehe

I finished my w1D3 of the pushups today. dang... each new day makes me scared of what's to come lol

I also have 18 miles out of 1000 for the year... only a mere 982 miles left! lol

Melissa! You made it on the welcome wagon! YAY! how fun!

Dixie:
Glad you enjoyed yoga with your DD! What a fun way to spend time with her

Kelly!!! LOVE the quote by randy pausch on your signiture.. im in the middle of that book as we speak!!

Mod haha it's always fun to make up new words!! have a good day at work!!

Can't wait for the new challenge tomorrow
Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #472  

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

Height: 5'6"

i thought i signed up for this.. but i guess i didn't. So i hope i did it right now. I am still trying to understand how this works. so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:11 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Kosh-I know it! 30DS kicks your butt! I was soooo sore.

Faux-Good job! 18 miles already is awesome!

Melissa-Whats the welcome wagon?

Well I did W1D3 of pushups and sit ups and I also did 12 min on wii fit (yeah I know not much), although I did do mostly the running part. Im still sweating my booty off. I had a healthy lunch (slept through breakfast). Im now off to finish getting ready for work , so see ya girls tonight!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #474  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Alexs Hot Mamma~you are doing it just right. Jump on in and talk to us. We are glad to get to know ya. We are a caring, supportive group that likes to chat. Pat
Old 01-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #475  
Go Team Gryphon!

S/C/G: 190/180/127

Height: 5' 1"

Red face

Well, I'm one of those people Melissa was "fussing" at--one who has not yet started the strength challenges. BUT I am going to start both the push-up and sit-up challenges TODAY. I promise to do them after my treadmill workout this evening!

I've been eating pretty well, without even really counting calories. I've just been eating sensibly and at the end of the day I put it all in My Daily Plate. Believe it or not, I've been keeping my cals low without even really trying!

Had toast with peanut butter and sliced banana for lunch(?)breakfast(?) and plan on having a buffalo burger and salad for dinner. Yummy!

It's been pretty easy to not weigh-in; I'm at my mom's until Monday and her scale is broken! When I get home I'll have to weigh each Monday for the BL challenge, but I will stay away every other day.

I hope all of you wonderful ladies have a wonderful day!

~ Dara ~
Old 01-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Talking Hey everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Melissa! You made it on the welcome wagon! YAY! how fun!
Yayy...I know! It's my first time! I'm sooo excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs hot momma View Post
i thought i signed up for this.. but i guess i didn't. So i hope i did it right now. I am still trying to understand how this works. so any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Hey! Just come in as often as you can...chat it up....if your having any problems diet or otherwise...feel free to lean on us for support.....you can give and get support here all while participating int he challenges!

Right now we are doing ONE BIG challenge Called the "Loving the skin I'm in" It is an anti-scale challenge! Just start at the beginning of this thread and read a little....you'll get the jist of what is going on.....

we are all doing mini challenges also....through the whole 6 weeks we are doing a push up and/or sit up challenge....you can do one or both or neither...check out the following sites for more info

http://hundredpushups.com/logger.html

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

tomorrow we will start a mini-food challenge that will last a week!

Oh and

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Melissa-Whats the welcome wagon?

Well I did W1D3 of pushups and sit ups and I also did 12 min on wii fit (yeah I know not much), although I did do mostly the running part. Im still sweating my booty off. I had a healthy lunch (slept through breakfast). Im now off to finish getting ready for work , so see ya girls tonight!
Every bit adds up! Don't sweat it! When your on the welcome wagon for a month you go to the introductions where the new folks are coming in at and help answer any questions about the forum and subforums or just say welcome and give support......and delete any spam you find!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #477  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEnglishChick View Post
Well, I'm one of those people Melissa was "fussing" at--one who has not yet started the strength challenges. BUT I am going to start both the push-up and sit-up challenges TODAY. I promise to do them after my treadmill workout this evening!

I've been eating pretty well, without even really counting calories. I've just been eating sensibly and at the end of the day I put it all in My Daily Plate. Believe it or not, I've been keeping my cals low without even really trying!

~ Dara ~
Hey Dara ..... Glad your getting in gear....just don't take on too much and get burnt out.....but I'm GLAD your getting started! And I hear you on the eating part. I'm doing the same thing...I did calorie counting for a long time and it worked pretty good for me....I know what to eat and what not to eat and about how much....so right now I'm trying to just eat and pay more attention to what my body is saying...when I'm really full and when I'm really hungry....and not eating if I'm not REALLY hungry...and STOPPING when I'm satisfied!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:44 PM   #478  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Alexs Hot Mamma~you are doing it just right. Jump on in and talk to us. We are glad to get to know ya. We are a caring, supportive group that likes to chat. Pat
"likes to chat" is an understatement!!

Dixie - Great job using your measurements & congrats on the changes you've made.

Melissa - I'm interested in learning about tomorrow's challenge. Just don't make it too hard

Eny - And what a blessing it is!!

Faux - 18 miles -- Wow!! I've been meaning to ask you, do you have any recommendations for health/well being books? Maybe that's something I should educate myself on.

kosh - I've got to ask -- is that your husband with you in the picture or is it Penn from Penn & Teller?!? I even showed my husband because it looks like Penn to me.

heather - I have to say, I'm really proud of you. There's such a difference from last challenge. High 5!

And again... there's just so much to comment on that I can't do it all... but I'm so GLAD that you're all here. I TOTALLY enjoy reading all your comments, questions, achievements, challenges, rants & advice.

I'll be back later, I'm sure!!

Last edited by StNessa79; 01-07-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Hooked on phonics didn't work for me!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #479  

StNessa - It won't be hard I promise!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #480  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StNessa79 View Post

Faux - 18 miles -- Wow!! I've been meaning to ask you, do you have any recommendations for health/well being books? Maybe that's something I should educate myself on.
Oh Nessa.. you have opened pandoras box! haha I will give you a big old honkin list right now!

Health/eating/exercise books

The body sense natural diet by Lorna Vanderhaeghe (very great book! very detailed.. loads of info.. i read this book with a highlighter and pencil for notes! but it is the one that CHANGED MY LIFE at the beginning of my journey)

Eight weeks to your optimum health by Andrew Md Weil (also very simple and user friendly)

Living the G.I. Diet by Rick Gallop (he has LOADS of books.. all are great! These books are VERY user friendly!)

Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A. Balch CNC (VEry details.. but great to have around the house.. im in the beginning of it now.. and it tells you WHAT different things do for your body.. good reference book)

Wellbeing books

Living your yoga by Judith Lasater (Highly recommend! Easy read and little activities to do.. very user friendly)

The way of the peaceful warrior by Dan millman (a novel about enlightenment and perspective)

The power of now by Ekhart tolle (how to focus in the now and make the mostof things)

The last lecture by Randy Pausch (true story about a man with cancer who is dying and life lessons.. very easy read and VERY great!)

Life in general

Me to We by Craig Kielburger ( about helping to make the world a better place.. and thinking fo others)

Sorry for the long list.. i could go on.. but these are some that have really stuck with me Let meknow if you want to me break it down for you more lol
Closed Thread