Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Errrr! So, I'm a little frustrated right now. I bought myself a Dancing with the Stars workout DVD for Christmas and it kinda BLOWS! It isn't very high intensity.....I mean it may get there eventually but I just kinda got bored thinking....crap I'm wasting my time when I could be having Jillian kick my butt right now....ha ha ha!

So...I'm off to put 30DS in the DVD player and do level 1 today!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #332  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Errrr! So, I'm a little frustrated right now. I bought myself a Dancing with the Stars workout DVD for Christmas and it kinda BLOWS! It isn't very high intensity.....I mean it may get there eventually but I just kinda got bored thinking....crap I'm wasting my time when I could be having Jillian kick my butt right now....ha ha ha!

I have a stack of dvds like that..........

Still waiting for Jillian to arrive in my mailbox.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #333  
Looking forward

Height: 5' 6''

For the push up mini challenge I started at 11 wall push ups. I am beginning the three days later than I wanted but I am going to do them. We'll see how I fair tonight on the chart.

Also, DH and I had a fun walk the other night over to the elementary school I went to and we swung on the swings. It was so much fun and actually a fairly good work out. Totally showed me that even the simpliest things can be fun and help you burn more calories!

Melissa: is this challenge going for the whole 6 weeks or are we having additional mini challenges along the way? I don't want to miss anything so I'm trying to figure out when we will be having another separate challenge. Thanks! I check the thread as often as I can to stay updated but because so much is going on it's easy to skim over something and miss it!

Last edited by Jade235; 01-05-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

It was easier to avoid weighing myself when I was off of work/school, because I could get up and eat or drink something right away... but today I found myself in the bathroom, pre-shower, post-peeing, pre-breakfast, naked, and staring at the scale. I didn't do it, though!

I've got plans to check out a gym on campus either today or tomorrow... I've had a membership since the beginning of fall semester, but the one time I tried going to the closer gym, all the employees were really rude... and I just felt busy and overwhelmed trying to get used to a new school/town so I never tried any of the other ones. I figure I should do it now, before all the undergraduates come back!
Old 01-05-2009, 01:06 PM   #335  

I am definitely going to have to get a better internet connection at home -- this is a busy list!

Can anyone give me an idea how to upload pics? Not that I want to but I finally got my new digital camera just so I could provide my before pics (front, side and back) and I need to at least send them to Eny -- I did the whole BL thing with shorts and a sports bra and I'm just...devastated isn't quite the right word, because I know how much I weigh but I hadn't *looked* at how much I weigh.

Anyway, first day on the diet plan since we're back from "vacation" (I'm still tired -- even my 11 year old agreed that an 8 pm bedtime for everyone would be a good idea...)

Barb
Old 01-05-2009, 01:57 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:

Lackie - If I were you I would have a big meeting with the parents and the girls all present. I would tell them that THEY came to you.....and while your BEST interests are with the SAFETY of the girls that the word "NO" and "CAN'T" are to be checked at the door along with DISRESPECT!

Maybe pick out your team that does the BEST and have them do a routine for the parents and the other kids and say something like...."Now...that is hard work and if your not willing to work HARD then your in the WRONG place!"

Tell them you don't have time to be a babysitter.....I would send a strict discipline policy home....if a girl is disrespectful she gets a verbal warning...if she continues then she sits out for the rest of the time....and speak with her parents when they come to pick her up.....tell them what is going on and that you are having to sit her away from the other girls to keep the bad attitude from spreading.....if that doesn't work tell the parents that their child will be terminated from your program if she can't behave well....

Alot of times REJECTION will catch someones attention....if they think that their child is going to lose their spot or get behind in the routine cause they are having to sit out they will step in and tell their child to shape up....or you will ship them out!

Hope this helps......
Quote:

Back post workoutS whoo hoo two yes two! Alright so I am going to have a talk with the girls tonight while we stretch out and pull them aside. Usually they do paddrill, which is tumbling warmup basically, and stretching with the older girls and today I am just going to pull them aside and tell them the new rules and then send home a little note like under new management if you have an issue come to me. LOL I dunno how I am going to word it ever so ego strokingly to the parents. They are all awesome parents, but want to keep the good communication going. We do have some rules like 50 pushups to the girls who say CANT and when I get a NO I'm not going to do it they get some sort of conditioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
It was easier to avoid weighing myself when I was off of work/school, because I could get up and eat or drink something right away... but today I found myself in the bathroom, pre-shower, post-peeing, pre-breakfast, naked, and staring at the scale. I didn't do it, though!

I've got plans to check out a gym on campus either today or tomorrow... I've had a membership since the beginning of fall semester, but the one time I tried going to the closer gym, all the employees were really rude... and I just felt busy and overwhelmed trying to get used to a new school/town so I never tried any of the other ones. I figure I should do it now, before all the undergraduates come back!
YAY for stepping away from the scale! You should definitely check out the gym and it's more scary on the outside than the inside.

Purple
Yes enrollment did go up. Also Some of the preschool mom's are like that. It makes me so sad and the little girls just come up to most of the coaches and give them hugs and then say that mommy just leaves me here. I really don't think that parents realize that ALL the parents are paying to have their kids being taught for that hour or 3 that they are there and by leaving a distraught kid there it takes away from other kids. It's nice to hear about you being a supporting parent.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Thanks for letting me vent and kicking my booty is gear chickies!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:09 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I need a big butt kickin' ladies! I slacked this morning and reset the alarm instead of getting my morning miles in, then had to go to the grocery store and get home and get to work because I have a TON of work right now. All that means I have not done any of my exercise for today !

I am about to go get my daughter from school and then I HAVE to put the work aside and at least make up for my missed morning walk. Today is Jillian frontside day and I keep thinking I don't have time for that, but I know it's just an excuse because her workouts are so hard and I want to just skip anything hard today.

This is about the point I would normally quit and use the pile of work as an excuse...but I am fighting hard to make myself do what i know I should do and not be so darned lazy about it! I will feel good after Jillian kicks my butt, so I really should do it.

I think I have convinced myself now maybe.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:16 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Hey all again, This thread is crazy I came home from work to catch up and there are 5 new pages each day is nuts, haha takes some time to get through, tis all good though, anyway, today I have my situps and pressups to do, almost did the 30ds thing but haven't got that much energy, but I will do something at least.
Today I did something crazy, There is a challenge each year for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association here in the UK, and working in a vets everyone wants to make an effort to help raise money to help them, anyway I signed myself, DH, boss and a colleague and his fiance up (ooops) hehe 17km mountain biking trek round Coniston in the the Lake District, followed by a 17km hike up what i think is some rough terrain and then i think 17km kyack session before a big party, you have 10 hours to complete it so I have to get into training, OMG what have I done.

So silly sometimes but I have so many things now to make me get fit and hopefully lose some weight along the way....

Hope you all have a fab day

Bev
Old 01-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #339  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies. Just checking in. Sorry I haven't posted much but things are crazy nuts at work. I hope to get things back under control here so I can begin visiting with you all in a day or so.

Keep up the good work!! Be good to yourselves. You deserve it!!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM   #340  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade235 View Post
Melissa: is this challenge going for the whole 6 weeks or are we having additional mini challenges along the way? I don't want to miss anything so I'm trying to figure out when we will be having another separate challenge. Thanks! I check the thread as often as I can to stay updated but because so much is going on it's easy to skim over something and miss it!
The push ups / sit ups challenge will run the full six weeks .....you can do either the 100 push ups challenge OR the 200 sit ups challenge or BOTH...it is up to you! However, there will be other challenges that run weekly also...but they won't always be exercise challenges....so hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
I need a big butt kickin' ladies! I slacked this morning and reset the alarm instead of getting my morning miles in, then had to go to the grocery store and get home and get to work because I have a TON of work right now. All that means I have not done any of my exercise for today...........
Girlfriend...DON'T even sweat it! I had a LONG talk with myself this morning (koo koo I know!) You know what I said? I said....I can't go back in time....I can't change what I DIDN'T do last year....or last month....or last week....or yesterday....or even this morning! So, beating myself up over it is useless.....what I can do for myself is get back on the horse.....EITHER do the workouts I have scheduled from this day forward or find out why I'm not doing them....if the workout is scheduled in the morning and your missing them then did you go to sleep early enough.....or do you just not like getting up and getting going in the morning....maybe it should be moved to another time of the day......or maybe it was just a spoof and you only missed ONE!

So don't beat yourself up! Just get back with your program as soon as possible!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #341  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

I agree--what a busy thread! I was busy with football and out with friends watching it and putting away Christmas and stuff like that--just spent a couple of hours reading my threads and catching up--whew!!

Good thing I hadn't planned on the gym today, just a run around the neighborhood b/c I know how crazy it will be and I'd just feel so frustrated if I got there and couldn't get a tm or other stuff I like to get on.

Koshinogi--omg! When is the date for this all-day triathalon thingy you've got signed up to do? It sounds like so much fun, though! Good luck!

It's been so informative to read all the conversations here. Count me in on the reward of a little "top" improvement when I hit goal--and let me just say my DH is verrry happy to help me accomplish my goal, haha!! I've even gotten a consult a couple of months ago, but the dr. was totally right in saying if I want to lose still a significant amount, to maybe wait a while longer.......Let's just say, Perkiness and Projection (once more) is hopefully in my future for the end of 2009!!

Dixiemae--did anyone help you with your pic posting yet? I have a Mac, so my photo program is probably different than yours--but when I save a pic or pick a pic to save, (like to a different file or my desktop for use later) it gives me an option to change the size and I then change it to 500x500 or whatever I need to get it down to a smaller size to email or post or whatever. I don't know if this will help you or not--I'm certainly not the most computer-literate one here. A lot I've learned by trial-an-error or also just asking questions........

Well, I'll respond to more posts later--gotta get ready for work now! Good Luck today to everyone!!!

Last edited by modcat44; 01-05-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #342  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
Do you think you're doing the workout too late at night, and that the exercise might be keeping you up? How about some ibuprofen or the like to help with the muscle soreness until your body is used to it?
Hadn't really thought about timing of the exercise. In my previous lives (read as 3 months ago) I would do my stuff at night and conk out hard. I think I will definitely do the ibuprofen tonight. I think my body is just letting me know I hit the ground running and the weightloss ain't gonna come for free.

Quote:

My prayers are with you, take a box of tissue and a foam sponge. I pretended the sponge is a brick and CHUCK it at my TV screen inbetween squats and crying. Its also effective for dabbling sweat off your forehead. The tissue is for the tears.

Alright... breaks over.... be back after work (and in about 20 pages... sheesh) Have a great Monday all!
Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 PM   #343  
Goodbye Fat!

Okay went to lunch today for a coworker b-day and instead of the normal chicken tenders and fries I got I got a turkey sandwich and a side salad.

Last edited by dollypie; 01-05-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Modcat~I will try that tonight as soon as DS gets home and can help me figure out this electronic stuff. Thank you!!

dollypie~WTG Proud of you!!

Last edited by Dixiemae; 01-05-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post

Koshinogi--omg! When is the date for this all-day triathalon thingy you've got signed up to do? It sounds like so much fun, though! Good luck!
It's September 12th Day after my Birthday so we will be going to the Lakes for my birthday I think and relaxing ready for the next day

What have I done........
Closed Thread