Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #376  
Goodbye Fat!

Well I did TBL yoga again tonight. I really need to get a yoga mat because barefeet on carpet is not cutting. Well I am about to watch Oprah and then head to bed. Good night everyone!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Dixie- Sounds like maybe it could be your sugar level? Do you have any problems with that?
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 PM   #378  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
I have a serious question> I just finished day 2 level 2 sit ups. I got very hot, sticky, clamy, my head started feeling dizzy/light. I felt like I was going to throw up. I started coughing and burping badly, still burping a lot. I had to roll over on my stomach to try to cool down and kept telling myself I will be alright, I will be alright, I will be alright. after 10 minutes or so I could get up. But I still feel like I could get sick at any minute. It has been more than 2 hours since I ate dinner. What went so wrong?? How do i keep this icky feeling from happening again? Any idea? If I had been here by myself I would have really been in serious trouble. I am going to sit down and close my eyes and rest. I hope this feeling passes really quick! Pat
I don't know for sure... but please dont overdo it.
it could have something to do with your head bobbing up and down.. your heart might not be used to trying to pump it to your head when you sit up each time. Take it easy and drink lots of electrolytes.
If you feel this sick maybe you should talk to you doctor. Dizzyness and naesea are NO FUN.
You prob over heated yourself and surprised your heart and equilibrium.. maybe something with your ears and the bobbing uyp and down?
im just brainstorming here..
in conclusion.. BE CAREFUL!!! and see a doctor if you dontfeel better
thinking of you!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink Hey What's up?!

Hey guys!

First of all I just want to TOOT my own horn real quick.....LOL....I have a cold...stuffy/runny nose, sore throat, sneezing...etc. etc. AND TOM all at once and today I managed day 2 of push ups and day 1 of sit ups....AND level 1 of 30DS! Eating has been really good today too....I made a bacon egg and cheese breakfast burrito for breakfast, had a choc. chip granola bar for a snack.....a chicken fajita pizza for lunch, a half turkey sandwich with some light chips for my second snack, AND spaghetti for supper.....I'm right at my 1500 calorie mark!

BUT the reason I asked the question that I did earlier about what to do when you hit a snag....is I always hit a spot where I DON'T want to cook so we end up eating out ALL the time....then I eat like crap and so therefore I don't exercise.........I'm trying to come up with a sure fire plan to prevent that AND prevent burnout....

All suggestions are appriciated...

FAUXTINI - - What DVD's do you have? I have 30DS, Jillian Michaels Cardio Kickboxing, TBL Cardio Maxx, and a Dancing with the stars workout DVD.....I have a few others.....but can't think of them off hand...

Heather - Yayyy....I'm sooo excited for you! Keep your thinking cap on.....we gonna do a food challenge here pretty soon and any ideas you have would be great! Your doing so good on the food! Keep it up.....Just add you some exercise and your gonna drop those 50 pounds in NO time.....BTW I saw Jon Arnold and his wife and kid at WalMart today....I have to say I'm surprised they are still together.....and the kid is getting BIG!

Eny - - OHHHH girl you are welcome! I'm happy to! Trust me I know what it is like to be pregnant...how tired you get and everything...I could have slept the whole 9 months....LOL! And besides.....I just love this place!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 PM   #380  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

I Have serious ear problems, better than 50% of my hearing is lost. I have low blood sugar, have had hypoglycemia for years. I had eaten about 2 1/2 hours before working out. I don't think I will continue with the sit ups challenge. I can do standing abs and abs on my exercise ball. I can't do that again, way to scary for me. Thank you all for the ideas. I am wiped out. After the Pacers game is over I am going to bed. Tomorrow has to be better than this. Pat

Mel~can you cook several meals in advance and freeze them. Then when you don't feel like cooking take them out the freezer, warm it up, viola a healthy warm meal in minutes? Or put something like chicken in the crock pot and forget it for 6-7 hours til time to eat? Or grab a Subway turkey hold the mayo add extra veggies, a bag of apples, and a bottle of water.

Last edited by Dixiemae; 01-05-2009 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM   #381  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Whew it took me awhile to catch up on all the posts from my last log on yesterday... I love this place!!

Went back to work today after being off for almost 2 weeks ... my feet are killing me! Finished W1D3 of my push ups and ran out of time to start the 30ds. Kind of disappointed but I guess a day or two later is better that not at all. Have a 12 hr shift tomorrow so won't be logging on.

Have a great Tuesday I'll miss you!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 11:00 PM   #382  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Dixie: Remember that tomorrow is a new day. it will be better. I hope you feel better.. dont over do it!

Melissa: Dvds I have are..
-Yoga booty ballet - advanced fat burning
total toning
cardio caberet
hip hop abs
-Denise Austin - cardio fat blast
- abs

-Biggest loser - sculpt
- cardio max

-rodney yee - am and pm yoga

-Giam - beginner yoga

-PRevention - Dance it off

-walk away the pounds - 1,2,3 miles
-1 mile advanced ( jog)
-4 fast miles

ummm i think that's it. i can't remember.. i will let you know if there's more

I might interested in the cardiokickboxing one
and if you were looking for dance.. the denise austin cardio blast is good and pretty easy to follow.. the yoga booty ballet ones take a few days to get teh hangof and you may feel liek you are just flailing.. but then it gets fun.. and regardless of if you flail or actually follow the moves.. you SWEAT! boy do you SWEAT! hehe

Last edited by mountain mama; 01-05-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #383  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I'm having one of those energyless days. I sure would like to just curl up, maybe go to bed early. Instead, I came on here for some inspiration and am going to go do another day of those *$#@#! pushups and then get on the treadmill.

My favorite exercise is walking, especially walking outside with some tunes.

Hey, I had a goal victory! I was being tapped to help put together some events, and I felt very unhappy about it because I have so much else going on. I agreed to help brainstorm plans, but then I managed to stand my ground and not accept being assigned the actual work of putting it together. And, somehow, people seemed OK with that. I'm just really surprised and pleased with myself.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Dixie--yeah I was going to say maybe something to do with postural hypotension or postural vertigo--definitely don't try to repeat that without a check with your doctor and someone there at your house "just in case". Could be something as simple as dehydration or low blood sugar--I don't know--sure sounds like no fun, and very scary, in any case.

Purple--just wanted to give you a shout out--so many of your posts I can really identify with here--I'm just too lazy or too busy to go back and quote and comment on each specific one---just wanted you to know that you have really inspired me and also made me think "I am like that, also" or "that's how it is with me as well". Please keep us informed and entertained during this year!!!

Mckenziesmomma--I may overstep here, but I am thinking maybe he feels threatened by you getting "too hot" therefore possibly a threat to leaving him in the future? I think you had said he was in great shape and had achieved this fairly recently. He may have been noticing a lot more attention coming his way--not that he cared or acted on it but afraid if that started happening to you--who knows? He may feel just a bit insecure as you continue to develop into a gorgeous butterfly!......

dollypie--I'm thinking about TBL yoga as my first home work-out dvd as i can't get to the gym yoga class as often as I'd like--would you highly recommend this one? Have you experience with other yoga dvds? And yes--you definitely need a real yoga mat--carpet is NO GOOD, haha!

pitanita-- A fast-moving thread--just jump in whenever you can. And I can only do a few knee push-ups as well.....

reda--house remodeling is A LOT OF WORK--don't feel like you have been slacking in the least!.......

heather--WTG! Speaking as a sugar-addict, I know how hard that is to change/break. I have started eating a lot of fruit combined with yogurt or even skim milk/yogurt/ice cube smoothies. And in the evening, I generally have a square of very dark chocolate with nuts of some sort, before I go to bed or after dinner sometimes. And yes, the occasional sugar-free hot cocoa helps as well--even though I am trying hard to count out the artificial sweeteners for the most part.......

Eny--Hang In There! Keep persevering girl!!

Faux--could I be your first client when you get trained for holistic nutrition counseling? I think I could really learn from your months of research and reading on the subject.......I have several of your suggestions on my book "to-read" list, just haven't gotten around to them yet........

Last edited by modcat44; 01-05-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:27 PM   #385  

Melissa- Thanks! Im gonna start the 30DS tonight. I know its gonna kick my butt. Yeah, I seen Jon when I was down. I was at missys and she was babysitting his kid and he came there to get him. I tend to see him every now and then. He doesnt have a license for a year, sucks to be him. They are still together but he isnt faithful to her. I have met the oldest kid a few times, never seen the younger one.

I read the TBL cookbook tonight. Theres alot of easy good sounding recipes. I book marked all the ones im interested in and im going to mark them all down on a piece of paper and try to mix and match meals. Im suppose to stay around 1350 calories a day. Well im tired but Im gonna go try the 30DS.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:29 PM   #386  

Modcat- Thanks and I know! Sugar addiction is like a drug, lol. Once your addicted its hard to stop. I have stocked up on some low calorie sweet treats. I have some choc pudding cups, rice pudding cups, cherry cheesecake cups, jello cups/whip cream, and granola bars.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:30 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Ufi--WTG on standing up for YOUR needs, and not letting you be a pushover or a doormat! I have such a hard time saying NO to others as well, whether they be co-workers, acquaintances, or friends and family. I am slowly getting better at that in the last year or so.......
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #388  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post

Lackie- Totally understandable about saying kids are from a diffrent generation even though you still young. I think it all the time. Some of the things they do and say now shocks me. I do think it has to do with some parenting. The more you spoil a child and let them get away with stuff it seems they are more disrespectful to others. Im not saying they are bad parents just maybe need a little more discipline. Nowdays, its hard to find the right discipline though. I hope your girls get better and start respecting you more. Try to stay strong!
I feel weird saying that it's a different when I am only 22. lol and my girls have been shocked tonight! lol like :O shocked. They were like what no talking during beam why? I was like um and it starts now. So yeah pretty much was THEE best workout ever for them. WHOO HOO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post

We ALL have those off days where we are tired or we have too much to do or we miss a workout.....my question is....what is your plan to tackle those days?
Keep what purple said to me and try not to be a hypocrite with exercise. lol

SOME SUPER GOOD NEWS.
Apparently all my extra work and being super tough on my girls and being just me I guess. lol I don't know why, but my boss the director was like you better be here next year because I want you to be my assistant. ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF THE CLUB!!! I would love to do it if my hubs and I end up not going or if he gets stoplossed or something freaky I could take that. like WHOO HOO. All my hard work and my coaching style just meshes with her I guess. I am pumped makes me want to be healthy and be fit again so I can do all the stuff and be able to show them how I want it. I can now, but I see stars. lol I am not able to do bars though which I would love to be able to do so I AM GOING TO KICK THIS CHALLENGE IN THE BUTT!! Just in case y'know.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:22 AM   #389  

Holy crap! I just did 30DS for the first time and day2 of push ups and sit ups. I feel like Im using someone elses arms and legs, they hardly feel there, lol. I like Jillian more than I thought I did.

Lackie- Way to go, show them whos in charge! Yeah, it seems funny but its understandable.

Ufi- Good job! I like you and some others have a hard time saying no too. I have gotten alot better at standing up for myself in the past couple of years. It feels so much better , although it tends to make you seem like a B**tch but oh well atleast people wont be walking all over you and expect you to take it. I still have a hard time saying no to a select few people.

Last edited by heather1979; 01-06-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 AM   #390  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

OMG! I swear I was just on here last night! There was so many pages to read to catch up!! And there's no way I can respond to people... so I'm just going to say in general: You're all awesome! I'm glad you're all here & you've all become an important part of my life.

As for my day... I wanted ice cream. So I had ice cream. Here's my logic: for the rest of my life there are going to be things that I'm going to want. I can't ignore them forever. Because if I attempt to do that, then I'm going to binge & give up. So, when I want something I try & give it time. But if it keeps nagging me, I'll get it. I got a pint of Blue Bell Rocky Road -- like the best ever -- and I ate it after dinner. But then after I hate it I worked out for an hour & 5 minutes. I did Leslie's 1 mile jog, her 2 mile walk & tone, work with hand weights, week 2/day 1 of the push ups (and they get HARD!) & week1/day3 of the sit ups. I have to tell you guys, I'm not counting any calories. I'm eating my 3 meals & 2 snacks a day. I don't measure anything. I just think "that should be enough" and that's it. Basically because I know that I have to learn just how to eat within moderation. I have to be able to be anywhere at anytime & know when it's time to stop. This may not work for me & I may have to start an actually eating plan but for right now I am happy with what I'm doing. On the flip side, not knowing how many calories I'm eating in a day I'm making sure my workouts are at least an hour long. The longest I've done so far is 2 hours. I've just been telling myself -- if I don't want to eat low fat foods & I don't want to cut anything out then I need to make sure I burn what I'm putting into my body.

On to another topic -- I watched the first episode of Diet Tribe tonight on Lifetime. I liked it. They mentioned how weight loss has to be more than eating & exercise. That mental & emotional issues need to be addressed. As soon as I heard that I thought of our little challenge here & that's EXACTLY what we're doing. I'm so proud of us!!

Now, I see a lot of people are still dealing with taking the scales away. I can honestly say I haven't even been tempted. It's still in the same spot in the bathroom & I haven't even thought of moving it. I just think I was ready, really really ready for this challenge. Because I know it's totally up to me to make sure when I do step back on that scale that there's nothing that will set me back. That's what pushes me when I think I don't want to work out. I know I'm accountable for what happens on 2/14 & I don't want to let myself down.

Okay... enough rambling! I'm going to bed!!
Closed Thread