Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 02:03 AM   #196  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
Hi all...glad to see the drama from last night has died down...I got some news...first some background.....Here is the important part...I'm only 47! Ok...I know that is ancient to some of you...but as grandmothers go...47 is pretty young...and I am a grandmother to an adorable 2 1/2 year old little girl. So a few weeks ago...my #1 DD and SIL inform me that they are expecting baby #2. Did I mention that I am only 47! They just found out it will be a boy! YAY! finally a boy!

So flash forward to 2 days ago...My #2 DD and her boyfriend inform me thatthey are expecting baby #1! OK...That is 3 grandchildren for those of you that are following along at home...Oh MY! And would you belive I am only 47?!?

So anyway...Eny...would you mind posting that link for the prgnancy nutrition website you were talking about. I have 2 DD that are in need of some good nutritional nagging...er...um...I mean counceling from their (only) 47 year old mom!

when i was pregnant i was a great fan of www.babyandbump.com
found lots of support on there like the great support i find here=== but all pregnancy related--

---anyway -- i've been sort of MIA for like 2 weeks now ---as i've been on winter break from school and lost all motivation to workout and eating has somewhat gone half way down hill--yes half way --as in sort of trying but not all the way there=== so today i got up and did my billy blanks boot camp elite for the first time--- and that was good as it means i got 40 min in ====and then came on here and read these posts for like 3 some hours---ya i' had about 5 pages to read through---

anyway---just wanted to say i'm glad to see that there are so many of you in this challenge---and that i will take my push up and sit up challenges tomorrow as its 2 am now--- and post stats tomorrow---also weighed in at 151.8 and put the scale away--- so here's to six weeks without a scale!!!

Last edited by princess2323; 01-03-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:14 AM   #197  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

On a happy note I did day 1 of the first week of push ups. 49 in total.

On a sad note, I got my tom, cramping ahoy~!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

I need someone to kick my in the booty! I cant stop eating at night. Its become such a routine, I just do it without even thinking. It makes me so mad afterwards.

Princess- Hello! Good to see ya. Well sometimes when you have a "break" from anything you just have that think your head saying its a break so its a break from everything. You will get back to it sooner or later. At least your only halfway off track. I cant get ALL the way on track, ever.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:56 AM   #199  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

try upping your protein, that always kicks my hunger pains in the butt.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #200  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone

Well completed my sit-up and push-up challenges, plus the extra burn treadmil routine. Then last night I did the kick boxing, and yoga booty ballet.

Was just to tired to come back and talk to you all last night..read a good book and had a cup of tea..then bed,,,

Drank 64 oz of water yesterday, had only healthy food, still haven't made my reward box yet...I'll try to get that done today between laundry and cleaning.

There are so many of us on here I can't keep up with it all yet, but will try to do better I think I may be the oldest one on here,,my Children are 42, kristy my daughter and 46, Bill my son. I have a 14 yr old grand daughter, Tia and a 13 year old grand son Matthew...I'll be 61 next month, I'm giving myself a new me for my birthday!!!

Anyway gotta get going, get in my cardio before everyone else gets up...( my DH, and my Mom she's gonna be 87 next month).

Will try to get back later today, hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Patricia
Old 01-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #201  
PHILLIES - WS CHAMPS!

S/C/G: H: 265/S: 263/C: 213/ G: 150

Height: 5'8

JenniRae: I have the TBL Cardio Max and Power Scuplt. Both are very good, especially the Cardio Max. They both do a lot of leg work (my calves and thighs are toned now). It's more for a moderate exerciser but I know on Cardio Max level 1, Julie does a modified workout for beginners. I think its currently half-off on Amazon.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #202  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

good morning everyone (or afternoon or evening when ever you see this. well i am starting on level 2 for the push ups got 15 but barely so i am going to drop down to level 2 instead of 3and will do day one later tonight. i am doiing good on the water increase so far in the non summer months. (only 2 days into the year though it is still early). 64 oz. on the 1st and only 24 yesterday but that is 24 oz more than usual on a normal day for me this time of year so i am taking that as a step in the right direction. i have to start exercising again. and i think that might be a little easier since my DH wil now be home in the evenings. and i think i am going to get spoiled til DH gets a new job with super done when i got home from work yesterday.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #203  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Also picked up 30DS and gonna do it tomorrow.
Okay--what is this 30DS? I keep seeing people mentioning it, but have no idea what it is. I'm heading to Walmart this afternoon and will definitely look for the dvds you all have mentioned!

Nevermind~~figured it out 30 Day Shred. I'll look for that one, too!

Last edited by JennyRaye; 01-03-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:57 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Hi, Is the 30 day shred thing good? I have Davina McCall's High Energy 5 and Dance it off with Vicky Binns, but I get bored really quickly, I had Billy Blanks on VCR and they were great but dont have a VCR anymore
looking for something new to do
Bev
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 AM   #205  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Am I the only one that is going crazy without their scale? I usually weigh first thing after the bathroom in the morning. I had to hurry up and eat breakfast and drink my coffee this morning so that I wouldn't be tempted to step on and just peek.
The biggest obstacle is that I was thisclose to entering healthy weight range (174.2) for me when I quit weighing...I just want to see a healthy weight on the scals so badly. I know I am there by now...I just want to see it!It is another week till I weigh in again for TBL chllenge..I may go crazy before then!
Just ranting here...Geez...this is hard!
Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #206  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Princess Thanks so much for the pregnancy support link. I just checked it out and it looks like something both of my DD's would dive into! Maybe with all the peer support they get there...Mom won't have to nag..er..um councel so much about nutrition! hehehe
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #207  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I need someone to kick my in the booty! I cant stop eating at night. Its become such a routine, I just do it without even thinking. It makes me so mad afterwards.
This used to be a serious issue for me, but I have stopped it by doing several things:

1. Setting a cut off time that I will not eat past, for me it is 8PM because i usually eat a later dinner around 7PM. I know at that time food is gone, over, done with, and I make sure to finish up my calories before then.

2. I brush my teeth at 8PM and I know that means no more food. Mental symbol.

3. I realized that thinking it was just a habit was actually an EXCUSE. maybe the first couple bites were habit but I knew what I was doing after that and could stop. Yes, stop after the first bite as soon as you catch yourself! You will eventualy break the habit, but not if you keep on doing it and letting yourself get by with it.

4. I have an evening routine with lots of stuff to do now, so I am busy and away from the kitchen. I used to eat while watching TV, now I exercise or play games on the computer while watching. If I watch with hubby, I sit with him and cuddle instead of in the chair by myself...or, I let my shows record and I watch the during the day or I fold laundry while watching, running to hang up and put away on commercials so there is no dull moment.

Adding in one last thing: asking two little questions when I really want to eat in the evening works wonders to get my head straight: Is this what I really want? Is this what i really want right now? It is amazing how often both answers, or at least the second, are a complete no, and I realize it's not necessary to eat at all.

I hope something there clicks for you. It is so unfair to yourself to do well all day and wreck it with excess eating at night. It does take some time and effort to kick that habit, but it can be done and you will see how it was holding you back once you do so!

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-03-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Tryingitagain~aka Patricia~You are only a little bit older than I. My name is also Patricia aka Dixiemae. So don't feel too old!! We can bust Bootay together. I have 3 grands also. Today I will do day one of the push up and sit up challenge. I have not been tempted to step on the scale. The scale goddess and I are not best of friends. Catch ya all later. Pat
Old 01-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #209  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Purplefirefly~Your post has helped me. I will ask myself those questions when I am tempted to eat at night. I find if I drink my water during the day it helps curb the night eating. Keeping busy is the key.Thanks for the tips. Pat
Old 01-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #210  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Pat...I'm not haveing a problem with not stepping on the scale...I don't get along with it very well, it likes to make me feel like I'm not doing anything.

Anyway, i personally find it easier to not look and make myself accountable...usually I give it a couple of weeks before looking...then I reajust if need be...of course this time I will not look for six weeks
don't think I'll get lost though...I started this journey a couple of months ago.
To begin with I wanted to be sure and not put on more weight during the holidays...that went well so decided it was time to knock off the excess I've been carrying around.

There are a few physical problems so I have to modify some things. but it doesn't stop me from doing SOMETHING...which is much better than nothing!

Well my dryer is calling so gotta run....Pat
Closed Thread