3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:17 PM   #181

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

whoopsie - are you sure that the SBD is for you? And don't beat yourself up so much! GEEZ!! Just get back on track and make better choices tomorrow.

36 - i'm learning I need that plan too! I make good choices - UNTIL stress hits! I'm still looking for what will get me out of the emotional eating situations... what will distract me, take over SOMETHING! Maybe I need to sing silly songs - I'm never one to worry about the appropriateness of where I am

Ok girls off for a walk - I need some me time!

Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 PM   #182

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

I want to join your challenge. I need a long term goal since my weight fluctuates so much. I just got back from a 5 day river trip. I paddled a kayak for 5 days straight plus we took hikes each day. I really thought I would come home down a few pounds or at least weigh the same as when I left. No such luck, I was up 8 pounds! How the heck does that happen???
Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #183

S/C/G: 329/307/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm new. I would like to join your Christmas Challenge, too. If I lose about 2 pounds a week, I could be down to 280 or so by Christmas. I haven't seen that number in years.

justmary
Old 06-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #184
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Lisa and Mary (and Tirzah, too, whom I think I forgot before!)

Eny ... I don't what you're talking about with me beating myself up ... LOL! I've only whacked myself over the head with the frying pan 3 times so far ... this hour ... No, really, it is one of my many "issues." I've always been way too hard on myself over just about anything and everything. I'm actually better than I used to be, though! Not very long ago if I had "slipped" this many times in just a couple of weeks' time I'd be convinced that I would never get back on track and just keep slipping. INSTEAD before I even logged on tonight I took the time to make myself a little list of pros & cons for WW and SBD and am going to give WW another try with a completely clean slate/mindset. I'll use a lot of what I learned from SBD, of course, but won't be so horribly devestated with myself when I eat a freaking slice of white bread instead of wheat and fun little stuff like that!

I will, however, still need a bit of and I expect y'all to keep my frying pan handy just in case

36 - I hope you find your inspiration! It's something I often struggle with. One thing that's worked for me from time to time is looking at family photos and see how few of them I've actually been in since I graduated from high school 15 freakin' years ago. I can NOT go the next 15 years hiding behind the camera! By that point Johnny will be getting ready to graduate high school!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:55 AM   #185

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Welcome Lisa and Mary, jump right in!

Lisa, not sure how that happens, but I am sure all that exercise is better than not. Your arms will look amazing from all that paddling.

36, I think we all struggle with what to do instead of eat. I do sometimes pick up a book or something, I have also been known to fold laundry, clean cupboards, make a bracelet, anything I can do to get my mind off food. I quit smoking 6 years ago and it's very similar, just have to find anything else to do!! Maybe try a new hobby like macrame or knitting that fills your hands, I also chew more sugarless gum than anyone I know!

Whoopsee, I think it's great that you are mixing it up, maybe we can call your plan SBwatchers! Good for you!

I think I have done pretty good this week, I am not weighing until Monday, I need to stay OP over the weekend so as not to undo all I have worked on.

Losing weight is hard, keeping it off is hard, being fat is hard, pick your hard.

http://ugottawantit.blogspot.com/
Old 06-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #186

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~ Welcome Lisa and Mary.

Wednesday was a very blue day for me too. I was down in my spirit, couldn't get it the swing of things with the rest of the world. I did a lot of house work and a 2 mile walk to help me feel like I accomplished something. Sorry I was missing in action that day.

Yesterday was a far better day. I was op with eating. I did some house work. Trimmed (butchered) 3 bushes and hedge in the front yard. Definately not a pro. I climbed a ladder and got the yuchies out of the gutters in the front of the house. Then I popped in a 4 mile tape and did a brisk 4 mile walk. I ate an op dinner-Turkey sandwich, carrots, ranch dip, blueberries. I had a cup of veggie soup.

36~You are doing so good. I too, need a plan of action when the stress and emotions set in and I want to eat the house no catchup required. Some times I can work through the tough times. Then other times I cave in and eat. I too, have gotten rid of the junk food. It is so easy to grab and start eating Junk foods!!

I set a very short term goal. I want to weigh 189 or less when I weigh in on Monday. I can taste it. The family is going to Indiana Beach tomorrow. We are packing healthy foods. NO JUNK! Water instead of soda. Taking the packets of flavored tea to jazz it up a bit. There will be plenty of walking and climbing steps. A little one to help take care of, Kiddie Land will be his place if interest. They have several new rides for him to try out this year!!

As I am not taking any money, temptation won't be so near. My resolve it to eat clean, get some exercise and sun, have fun and enjoy my family. I will talk to you all Sunday. Everyone have a great weekend!! Pat
Old 06-20-2008, 10:13 AM   #187

S/C/G: 319/238/160

Height: 5' 6"

36- Yes you need to plan for every possible situation. After all "Failing to plan, is planning to fail."

I know they say the calorie counters on exercise machines (treadmills, bikes ellipticals) are way off...but it gives you some kind of idea. Sometimes I reason with myself..."Ok self you feel like **** and you want a Snickers...Fine Self you can have the snicker...after you earn it. It takes 15 minutes on the elliptical to burn the calories in a Snickers...spend 15 minutes on the ellipticalthen enjoy it." Usually after 15 minutes on the elliptical I don't want the snickers that badly. Or if I am looking for something sweet I have fruit instead of a candy bar, or a smal square of dark chocolate. Vanilla soy milk with ice, cocoa powder, vanilla stevia blended together...kinda tastes like Chocolate DQ and much less calories.

I have even gotten to the point at work where I just get up and say I am taking a walk ...and out the door I go. I work for a smal company. most times I don't go up to the break room for coffee. So they don't say anything if I disappear for 15 or 20 minutes. Also everyone has become so supoortive of my weight loss efforts they encourage me to take a walk if I am getting stressed. I know not everyone has that luxury.

You might not be in a place where you can sing the chocolate song...but another thing I have done is keep my ipod in my purse and go hide in the bathroom for a song or two, usually played really loud. We all have a song that makes us happy or gives us a little lift. I think sometimes it is just a matter of removing yourself from a stressful situation even if only for a few minutes, it is enough to break the unplanned eating cycle.

Sorry for the long post, but these are things that are helping me, maybe they will help others.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #188
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Yes! Interrupting the cycle is it! I think more than anything, knowing that that feeling, that creepy, uneasy, weird feeling (the one where I feel like I'm about to lose control and in the past I didn't know any better so I just started eating, but now I know better!!!) is a signal to remove myself from wherever I am. I think that drinking 2 glasses of water and then leaving the kitchen is my plan. I think an endorphin kick is what I am probably after. Something that raises my spirits and makes me feel good. Next time that feeling hits, I am going to go do 30 crunches or jog in place for 2 minutes or do some push-ups. Honestly, what I am doing right now is really healthy, too!

I am going to weigh myself this morning...stayed away from the scale as promised, and now I am going to take a peek and see what the scale says. Little nervous. I feel so much better, but I know what it feels like to be disappointed by the numbers. Do not want to fall into that trap. My plan is to look at the numbers and think, "Hmmm...isn't that interesting?" no matter what the scale reads. ( I am such a big talker! I know I am going to be disappointed if I have not lost a pound! So, will I get angry, or will I simply continue to eat better exercise more and feel good about the many changes I HAVE MADE?!?!) Enough ranting.

Well, that was harmless. (o: I lost 3 pounds. (:

Last edited by 362638; 06-20-2008 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:23 PM   #189

S/C/G: 184/167/135

Height: 5'5

36... Just come on here, thats what I do. I've been on Herbal Magic since June 11 and I'm hitting cravings and doubts so I come on here and post and then type in my blog on here.Click on free diet blogs at the top it might help you, you can keep it private or click publish for everyone to see it. Just a suggestion.

Keep ypur head up, remember your doing this for yourself.

Isabel
Old 06-20-2008, 02:55 PM   #190

Welcome Newbies!
36 - WTG on the loss - AND STAYING OFF THE SCALE!!!!

I'm feeling like CRAP today - tired, nauseous cramps - headache! UGH! No desire to eat what-so-ever. Took DD to Subway for lunch, and I couldn't even stomach the smell of food! I did have some cereal this morning, so I'm not running on empty - and hopefully I'll feel better after I go the chiropractor. It's my first time at this one - and I'm excited about the hour long massage. I just wish I felt better to enjoy it more!

Ok - done ranting. I'll be back later - hopefully in better spirits.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #191

S/C/G: 218/189/165

Height: 5'10"

MotherMavis,

Thanks for the encouraging words, my arms do look fabulously tan, if not thin and willowy. The scale was down 4 pounds this morning, so maybe the heat made me retain loads of water.

Whoopsee - I like the idea of SBWatchers! I am in with you!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #192
Starting Again ... Again

Lisa - I think you might be on to something with the water retention. I remember after my first 5K I had gained and then lost a LOT the week after!

The sky has looked iffy most of the day and I kept getting afraid that if I took John for a big walk it would start to pour and we'd be stranded .... or soaked! SO it's been a pretty lazy day here. I have tonight and tomorrow night off from work and then Sunday and Monday some of the biggest big-wigs in the country from my company are coming to the hotel so I'm sure I'll be pretty stressed out until they're gone.

Welp, Johnny's fussin up a storm but I'll be back later! Promise!!!
Old 06-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #193
Starting Again ... Again

I promised I would be back! I'm actually in bed typing this on my Palm. it's the first time I've used the web feature on it an I've had the fool thing for about 5 years!!! If I can also get it to pick up the connection at work it'll make Sunday and Monday a lot less stressful for me since I'm supposed to leave my laptop home both nights. Maybe I'll send it in with Tom tomorrow (we work at the same hotel) so he can give it a trial run.
I hope everyone has a great night!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #194
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Dixie - 189 sounds dreamy! I really hope you get there so I can live vicariously through you!!! And, you just cracked me up! I butcher plants too when I "prune" them. Don't have a clue as to what I'm doing but I just start going for it!

justmary - You can do it!! Just imagine how good you will feel! What's your plan?

Lisa - Your trip sounds amazing. What an incredible experience. I have only done day long kayak trips and my arms felt like they were going to fall off! You are one strong woman!!

Eny - I sure hope you are feeling better. It's hard to be motivated about anything when you feel horrible.

Isabel - You are so right!!!! Coming here is the key for me. It is my escape, and I love it. It's like calling a friend on the phone.

Kate - Well said. I agree with you completely, and am grateful for your insight.

MMavis - Knitting is a FANTASTIC idea. My sister taught me how last year, and I have all sorts of yarn...I just forgot about it!

Whoopsie - Fingers crossed for the trial run! Whatever we can do to make our lives less stressful is what we all need to do!!!! I am trying to streamline some things for myself, too. Easier said than done.

I am going to go read my book now. Good night!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:45 AM   #195

Girls - I'm here... still not 100%. I spent most of yesterday sleeping. It sucked. I couldn't eat anything, and only drank water. I had a bowl of cereal at about 10:30 in the morning, and I thought it was going to do me in! I tried to eat some chicken for dinner, took two bites and told Joe to eat it. IT WAS HORRIBLE! Today I'm still feeling yucky - but better.

The massage was WONDERFUL!

*sigh* I mangage to get some cereal down this morning - and I've already drank 20oz of water (I've only been out of bed for 45 mins). One nice thing is I'm going to be down on tomorrow's weigh in even WITH TOM here due to this sickness.... sorry - have to find a silver lining somewhere! I have a bridal shower to go to in a few hours, hopefully there is some light foods that I can snack on that won't make me feel worse.

Thank GOD for Joe though - he's so sweet to me - and ran to the store to get me water last night 2ce because our water softener desperately needed salt - which he also bought.

So needless to say - no exercise yesterday at all, except for grocery shopping... which isn't much - but it's something. Oh and I had an epiphany moment yesterday. As I was dragging #34 bag of dog food out of my trunk followed by a #25 bag of cat littler... struggling, thinking of how heavy that is... THAT'S LESS THEN WHAT I WANT TO LOSE! To think that those bags feel SO heavy and awkard to me - and yet I have more then that of extra weight on me!!! WOW! I can't Imagine how GREAT I'm going to feel after I lose the Cat litter and Dog Food!!!

Ok - off to start the day - at least it's a weekend, and not much is expected of me.

Closed Thread