Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Dixie - I understand completely! My divorce hearing is at 8:15 am on the 23rd. And even though I want this SO badly - and I've been separated for 3 1/2 years - it's still the stigma of being "DIVORCED" It scares me! WTG on the loss though - and welcome to our little family. Oh I I think Lumi and I are going to weigh in on Mondays - since that's what I'm doing w/ my little family Christmas Challenge (although that one's every 2 weeks) That way I can keep Lumi in line to lose her #.6 a week, and she can keep me pumped to lose my #1.2/week.

Jo - good job avoiding the temptation of Father's Day food! I did the same yesterday, except it was my sister's graduation party. Somehow I DID NOT eat all day long! I was impressed with myself! And I avoided the 20 dozen cookies, the lady finger pudding and the chocolate fondue fountain! I had one small piece of cake - and it was DELICIOUS! but I only had 1! I have to say I'm proud of myself!

MM- Late night munchies... that's when I jump on here and either just surf the net, or post a TON! Otherwise I'll pick up one of my several 1/2 finished projects (quilting, crocheting whatever) and work on it. If my hands are busy with something - then they can't be shoveling food into my mouth!

Ok girls - I have a TON of house work to do - and a Father's Day dinner to plan for BF. (he walked into a ready-made family and took on a 4 year old as his own - that's one Heck of a DAD!) Have a GREAT DAY!!!

27 weeks 4 days
Old 06-15-2008, 12:36 PM   #122  
I am a thin person!

S/C/G: 215/tracker/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Weighed myself the last 3 mornings.

I need a little help....I am starting to weigh myself every morning. I know I shouldn't. I tend to get a little obsessive about things like this - either I don't weigh myself for 6 months and am shocked to see that I have gained, or I start hopping on the scale every morning. What I want to do is have peace....I want to follow my eating plan, exercise, and feel good about progress.

So, in writing this, I am learning that not weighing myself every morning is an opportunity for growth.

I am still so new at all this....I should accept that being anxious / nervous / eager / confused is all part of it, right?

Last edited by 362638; 06-15-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #123  

36 - WALK AWAY FROM THE SCALE!!! Becoming obessed with anything isn't a good thing. Put the scale away - hide it from yourself - have someone else hide it for you. Set a timer the day that you're *supposed* to weigh in and get it out of hiding. Generally out of site - out of mind.

Reward your self with trinkets, books, facials - SOMETHING OTHER THEN FOOD for overcoming the Scale-Slave obession!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! and trust me - the daily variations will cause more havoc. when you're up #.4 one day - you'll either feel like giving up, or over work yourself into a frenzy (just to binge later) and when you're down #.4 a day - then you'll either workout frantically to "keep it up" or let your gaurd down because you "must've done something right". Either way it's not good. Slow and steady wins the race.. the faster off, the faster back on - and generally more then what you lost & around the abdomin increasing the chances of heart failure.

SO STAY OFF THE SCALE FOR AT LEAST 5-7 DAYS!!!! Let your body adjust to what you're doing.... then when you see the Number you can adjust if needed - or keep plugging along happy with the results.
Old 06-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #124  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

36 - I weigh every day (it gives me focus every morning so I don't forget what my goals are), but if it makes you CRAZY, definitely back away from the scale!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:01 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 184/178/135

Height: 5'5

Hi everybody... Am I too late to sign up for the commitment to Christmas?

If so thats ok. If not I will be back to enter all my info

Isabel
Old 06-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #126  
I am a thin person!

I appreciate both perspectives, but I think Enygirl must have been reading my mind! OK Enygirl, I will not weigh again until Friday, when I am supposed to. You hit the nail on the head, and I am so grateful.

Isabel - I just joined last week. You are so polite - I didn't even ask if I could join in, I just jumped in! Welcome, and everyone here is so wonderful!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #127  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Isabel - it's NEVER to late!!! Even December 26th isn't too late because then you have NEXT Christmas So, WELCOME!

As for the whole weighing every day thing goes, it's not always a bad thing. I actually read somewhere that it was a GOOD idea to weigh every day for a month and keep track of it so you can see the natural swing of things and know that some days you're just naturally higher than others.

I'll catch up more later tonight ... I've got to go tickle-attack the little man and then work on getting him into the bathtub before bed!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Isabel, welcome, I agree with Karen. It's never too later and Welcome!!

I have been off course for the last couple weeks, my eating has been ok, but I've been having a beer a little too often and I have not been faithful to my AM exercise TV and crunch routine, so i am back to exercise in the AM and if I get some more at night that will be great too, but I need to do it in the morning. I started carpooling and it thru me off kilter. I am going to continue with the car pool, but I am going to go back to getting up at 5 to get my exercise out of the way.

36- I am going to join you in the no scale til Friday challenge. I am hoping to get back on track and show a little down ward tracking by then!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:37 PM   #129  

whoopsee - I just noticed that you and I have the same Christmas goal - to be "overweight" for Christmas! That means that I'm adopting you (against your will if necessary) to keep you and myself motivated!!! WE CAN DO IT!! There's 27 1/2 weeks left!

Isabel - We're fun here - and Whoop is right - IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO JOIN!!! I tend to be the loud mouth one that posts too much. I just LOVE it here! oh - and I've never been one to hold back - so if you want an anser I'll voice my opinion... just take it with a grain of salt - I'm really harmless

Just had an AMAZING dinner, so now it's time for laundry until DD goes to bed then YOGA!!

I'll post my WI in the Morning... give me some : vibes girls! I want to see a #194.?! LOWER END OF THE #190's!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 07:13 PM   #130  
Starting Again ... Again

Height: 5' 4.5" or so

Oh Eny, please DO adopt me!!! One of my biggest problems has ALWAYS been giving up when things get a little tough and then taking too long to get back into the swing of things. I need someone to hunt me down if I disappear at some point!

Just got John to bed -- though from the sounds of the baby monitor it's going to be a bit longer before he decides to sleep. He's real good about climbing himself in and out of bed and knows when his body is ready to call it quits, though. I've only caught a couple of times when he's fallen asleep on the floor instead of in his bed!

I do have to work tonight so I'll probably be heading to bed myself as soon as I get the puppy to go outside and do her business. I'll probably post some during work since the hotel is dead dead dead right now. Not counting on much posting tomorrow since it's Tom's birthday and we'll probably head out to his folks at some point for that and a belated Father's Day.

Oh, and I keep meaning to ask -- what diet plan are you all following? I'm struggling with South Beach as you probably know, but I'm not really sure who all is doing what around here! Care to share?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:27 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I'm low carb, reasonable fat and tons of veggies!!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #132  

I'm intuitive eating - eating smart. We all know what we "should" eat - it's just a matter of not putting an excess of the things we shouldn't into our mouths.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #133  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm a vegan calorie counter.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #134  
I am a thin person!

Last week I read Glory 87's weight loss story (which is amazing, by the way!) and that got me curious about a book called Super Foods. There are 24 main Super Food categories, and I try and eat from 10 different categories every day. Focusing on what TO eat vs. focusing on what not to eat has been great! Combined with eating whole foods, I log what I eat every day and stay within 26-30 WW points. A veritable mish-mash of several plans. (o:

I have an excel spread sheet that I type everything into, and on the far right, I have all 24 super foods listed. The foods I eat from the list for that day are highlighted red that way I can easily scan and see which foods I want to include the next day. (o: The Whole Foods area is another place where I hang out. (o:
Old 06-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #135  
On the Path

S/C/G: 400/280/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixiemae View Post
Hi Everyone~Thank you for the warm welcome. Mother Mavis~ I weighed in this morning because tomorrow morning I have to be in he court room at 8:45 am. I am going to be an absolute nervous wreck. Divorce hearing. I will walk in married leave a divorced woman. I will be lost for a while. I will need to be VERY mindful of what I eat. I weighed in at 190.8 Yeah!!

-190,8 =1.2 Lost

After the hearing I am going to my sisters' and spend the day. I don't want to be alone. I may not post tomorrow. I will have to wait and see how I feel. Right now I am upset about the whole deal. Thanks Pat
Oh, best wishes and warm thoughts your way. That's tough, and I've been there. I was a wreck the day of my hearing.

Congratulations on the weight loss! I missed the fact that it's geared toward Friday, so I'll be weighing on Monday, and again on Friday to become calibrated.
Closed Thread