3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #121

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

hey girls
i binged today but i am not going to get terribly upset, i will just get back on track (2 binge days this week is not terrible) right?

I love myself!! Why shouldn't I??

Each morning I will wake up and say "yes I CAN"
Old 04-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #122
Go Pistons!

S/C/G: 147/140/125

Binged...ugh. I had a peanut butter sandwich, some zucchini bread, a couple of pieces of candy, and a whole bag of popcorn. Feeling pretty guilty right now. But it's all b/c of my stress level!
Old 04-07-2006, 09:13 PM   #123

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Hola chicks!! I wanted to share my progress pics with you lovely girls!! It took me forever to find one of me pretty heavy.

My before and current pictures!
I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 04-07-2006 at 11:43 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #124

i can't see them harpo, it says you have to log in or check with you.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 PM   #125

thank you for your comments everyone. last night i was fine and tonight i am feeling strong. you know i always want to peg this binging on an emotion but i looked over my food journal for all 3 days i binged and you know what they all had in common? i varied my breakfast all 3 days. i usually have fiber 1 cereal, skim milk, banana, coffee(s) on those 3 days i had a mini wheat bagel with cream cheese, skim milk, coffee(s). went back to my same ol' breakfast the last 2 days and i'm feeling good. they are both roughly the same calorie-wise but i'm wondering if this isn't something??? maybe right now this isn't emotional??? because honestly other than everyday crap there isn't any huge thing bothering me right now....well except the guilt and stuff from binging. hmmmm something to think about.

kristin- great attitude!!

celebrity- brush yourself off and start over. you can do this!!

stephanie- you might just have something there. but honestly when i am really in a binge the only thing i think about is the food and whats next. i don't make a conscious decision to just scrap the day, i just keep eating and then have a sort of food hangover when it's done.

hello to everyone else hope you have a wonderful binge free weekend!! stay strong!!!
Old 04-08-2006, 12:12 AM   #126

Okay, I believe I fixed the link, Jodi. I don't know what I did, the other one worked fine.

CelebritySkin, ah from that hole song, correct? Anyways, I tend to binge on popcorn as well. I have the low fat popcorn, the 94% fat free kind, and I never touch the stuff. I like the Butter Lover's or Extreme Butter kind. And I LOVE zucchini bread. A woman I used to work with made it all of the time, so I haven't had any for 4 years. I had forgotten about it until your post. Do what we all try to do when we binge: move on and stop the bingeing now! I need to heed my own advice, because I binged for the past 4 days!!

Kristen Seeing your smiling avatar always makes me smile! So adorable! Anyways, I binged AGAIN making it 4 straight days, so I'm right with you getting back on track tomorrow. 2 binge days aren't bad. Now 7 is bad. I got 4, so you did better than I did!! I binged more days than not. But the one + I have is that I killed with exercise this week, so I still lost!! Ah, the wonders of exercise. I'd be 10 pounds heavier if it weren't for moving my lazy butt.

Jodi, I've never thought about what I eat for breakfast having an effect on my binge tendency. You know what you made me realize: I really need to keep an super accurate food journal, so I can see if I have any patterns. I've journaled here and there to keep track of my calories, but I've never written down my binges. My breakfasts vary like crazy. Some days I don't eat anything (I know that's bad) and some days I'll eat a hard boiled egg or some Cheerios. I used to be really stringent about eating breakfast because I kept reading how important it was, but I sort of lost focus on breakfast.

Okay, so I made the decision to begin logging EVERYTHING I put into my mouth - on plan and off plan. I need to find some patterns. You want to know something really strange that happened to me tonight? Well, my sister and I had a great visit reminiscing and looking through our old family photos, and when she left, I was happy thinking about all of our great memories and such, and then because I was alone in the house, I decided to binge. I was HAPPY!!! And not a little bit happy, really happy. No sadness in sight. I ate 3 slices of pizza, 3/4 pound of hash browns, and 6 brownies. I hadn't been that stuffed in a long time. It was excruciatingly painful. And I already had a WHOLE honeydew in my stomach before this and 2 oranges and piece of pizza. That was my dinner, btw. I guess I kind of already binged on the melon, but the entire melon was less than 300 calories. I was only over my caloric limit by 400 calories until the hashbrown/brownie/pizza binge. And you know what? I'm still happy. I felt guilty for about a minute and then I moved on. I wonder what a therapist would make of THAT. I feel worse about NOT getting any exercise today over the binge. I walked 15 miles this week, and my hip got sore, so I had to give it a rest, but I know I still could have done pilates or weights and I didn't. I feel so lazy. Hmmph.

I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home

Last edited by HarpoChicoGroucho; 04-08-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:15 AM   #127

Harpo you look great! Good for you! You should feel so proud of yourself for your accomplishments.

Old 04-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #128

harpo your pics are amazing!! you look wonderful now girl!! fantastic! i am so proud of you. things like that just inspire me!

as far as the food log goes, way back in 2003-2004 i was at 274 i started journaling all my food stayed with in my cals etc and i lost a little over 50lbs. i got scared or restless at that point and spent an entire year (2005) gaining back 20lbs, binging ALOT and searching for a "miracle cure" i knew there must be an easier way! so i started reading books, i tried every diet in the news, i whined alot, i made excuses alot, i lost and gained the same 5lbs 100 times at least. so in feb of this year i was at my dr. i whined to him and he just sternly told me "less input and more output" i went home thinking he was a jerk! why can't he be more sympathetic?? but it hit me, sort of ticked me off. so i went back to basics. i journal my food every day now, actually i do it the night before and print it and hang the menu on the fridge. that way i know what i am allowed for the day. i follow it like it is a rx medication most of the time. it takes all of the decisions and emotions out of the food for me. if i do binge i go back in and add the garbage food and reprint it so i can see it in black and white. i am realistic with it too. if we are going out for pizza i plan on pizza. other than the 3 days with the different breakfasts this had worked for me for the last 6 weeks. i never believed in the power of food journaling before but i really see that it works for me now. i really see it as a control thing you know? good luck writing it all down harpo!!
Old 04-08-2006, 07:02 PM   #129

Thanks Mish and Jodi!!

Okay, I have to be honest. I was all revved up to begin journaling today, but of course I didn't. But I did eat breakfast. You know, when I first started my diet, I was tracking everything on one of those unmentionable websites, and it only lasted 5 days!! I just went back and checked. But I didn't stop dieting, I just kept my calorie tabulations in my head. I know it would be good to journal to spot any kind of trigger patterns, but I just don't have the motivation. I guess I'm too lazy to journal. But I really do need to do it.

No binge as of today! And I'm not in the mood either . . .

Old 04-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #130

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies I have some unhappy news I binged today again I have binged for 3 days now!!!! UGGH!!!! I want to get back on track but I am STILL not better and thats really getting me angry and I am going on vacation to Mystic, CT on Monday and am trying to get ready for that. I am going to try and exercise tomorrow or later on this evening but I have been pretty discouraged.
Oh yea...my whole goal for being social without food didn't work. I went to the movies with some of my girlfriends for my birthday which is the 13th, and we ened up going to Maggie Moos the ice cream place. Anyway, it was good because I got information about a summer job but at the sa me time I indulges in Chocolate Cake Batter ice cream. I did have a small, and beleive me their smalls are not really gigantic they are in portion range.
Now I have to go shopping for a few pairs of pants to go on vacation. i think ironically I went down a pant size. Wierd?....so I am off good luck to you ladies hope you are being more succcessful than myself.

harpo- i haven't journaled since thursday so don't worry. you look so healthy and fit in your pics
O dad is calling me to go shopping gtg
xoxo

I love myself!! Why shouldn't I??

Each morning I will wake up and say "yes I CAN"
Old 04-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #131

happy birthday kristin!! have a great relaxing time on vacation!
Old 04-09-2006, 12:30 AM   #132

Default Damn citrus fruits to ****!!!

What is it with me and citrus? Why can't I have just one and be done with them? I ate 10 oranges tonight which of course ignited a binge. That's 5 nights in a row. I ate 3 pieces of pizza, 30 sandwich cookies, a kit kat, a watchamacallit (sic), 3 marshmallow cookies, and about 15 twizzlers. The sandwich cookies I couldn't eat, I ate the middles out of them. What a weird binge. And the topper is that I didn't exercise AGAIN today. I'm definitely going to start gaining weight again. I'm going to the Woman's Life Expo tomorrow, and they are supposed have a lot of free food samples there, so tomorrow will probably be rotten as well. But maybe I'll burn off those calories walking around. I don't care how wiped out I am tomorrow, I will get in exercise!

Happy early birthday Kristen!!! Enjoy your vacation!!

Old 04-09-2006, 05:08 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
What is it with me and citrus? Why can't I have just one and be done with them? I ate 10 oranges tonight
10? Oh geez... canker sore **** for me! I can't eat more than one a day.

I'll do you one better: Half an extra large pizza, a whole box of cookies, Indian food feast and I still had room for bowls (yes, plural) of cereal and I lost count what else I poked into my face yesterday.

Damned pizza is what started mine. I shall curse my mother forever for getting me hooked on pizza while in the womb! Not only did she eat many while pregnant, she ate two whole ones by herself while in labor with me. And now I crave them so bad when I have PMS. Isn't that freaky?

*Waving around my Get Out Of Binge free card because Aunt Flo is visiting this weekend*

And good for you for determining to exercise! I'm sure you will do it!
Old 04-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #134

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, curses. I was trying so hard not to come in here. I've had two binge days. Involving DH's chicken shawarmas, jelly beans, popcorn, and some chocolate bars. CURSES!!!
And not enough exercise, because I'm STILL sick with this darned cough.
I've got to pull myself together today.

Big hugs for you binging girls... Let's see if we can have a clean day.
Happy early Birthday, Kristen!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 04-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #135

Height: 5'-2"

Oh, and Harpo!! I saw your pics... you are beautiful!! What a difference in your size... you look like a whole new person.

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Closed Thread