3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #151
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi kristen..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #152

Height: 5'-2"

Happy Birthday, Kristen!!

Ugh. Yesterday I ate:
- 2 packets of toffee
- 1 small container of Pringles
- 1/2 bag of jelly beans
- bowl of Doritos
Plus breakfast and lunch. The only thing is, I may have stayed within my calorie range for the day. But I do NOT want to eat crap like that every day!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 04-14-2006, 09:46 AM   #153
Play that funky music!

S/C/G: 290ish/266/250

Height: 5'4"

Oops! I'm late... but Happy Birthday Kristen!

-Lala
Old 04-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #154

Happy Birthday Kristen!

I had to post because I think we need some positive reports around here! Yes, I am still eating stuff I shouldn't almost every night, BUT, I have made a commitment to working out, and I've had a GREAT week. I've worked out 3 times so far and might even go tomorrow.

I am keeping track of my progress in my blog, if anyone likes to read those.

I've had some other thoughts on binging. Do you think it would help if we gave ourselves permission to eat whatever we wanted, once a day, for 10 minutes or something? I know that sounds strange but I'm just looking for the "magic" idea I can use to fool myself into being satisfied.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:10 PM   #155

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Thanks Mish
I am glad that you're having a better day then some of us here. I like your idea of giving myself 10 minutes to binge, but my problem is once I start I can't stop and I have heard once you start to eat sweets and fats you crave more and for some of us that can be a challenge. I am just so depressed lately but I kept forgetting to take my meds for that so of course that's not helped. Also, I am in vacation and Easter mode so I am like CANDY!!! Where I went on vacation there was a chocolate shop and I was in there everyday. The first day I had a chocolate covered frozen banana! Yumm! Then I just kept going back and the indulgences got worse thank god theres no so specialty store like that here! Anyway, I am going to try and exercise tonight. I have to go get my teeth cleaned in an hour and since I recently got my braces off I can't wait to see what they looked like. I am getting older but being 15 is not really any different from 14. I can't wait until my 16th party so excited!! I have to wait one more year for that though I asked my parents about having one and they said I could but it would not be like the ones the girls on my super sweet 16 have on MTV. I said I don't care I just want some fun! My goal is to lose weight before then so I have to get going. I jsut got on the scale and it says 192! I just can't change my ticker it's too depressing! Anyway, got to get ready to go and then I am going to exercise. My dad bought me some fruit to try and help me curb my sweets appetite I doubt it will help but i wil try. GTG ttyl

I love myself!! Why shouldn't I??

Each morning I will wake up and say "yes I CAN"
Old 04-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #156

Thanks ladies for all the happy birthdays you are all so sweet. You all made me feel so great. THANK YOU!

Old 04-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #157

Hey harpo- the bad news for you si that I didn't join my vacation, you can have all my vacations! Teh one thing that is a problem for me is my sister on vacation. Now I love my sister to death! but she has autism and her Autism can be a problem. Everytime I go out to eat I don't enjoy myself because I m worried she is going ot have a melt down in the middle of the restauraunt, people always stare at us and make us feel wierd when we go on vacation. I am 15 years old, and you all know its bad enough being a teenage girl worrying about what I wear and how I look and my weight makes me self-concious but my younger sister's disability is even worse. She is 9 years old and overweight makeing her look older and she acts liek a 3 year old! It is really bad I just want to enjoy my vacation but all I do with her is worry about when the next meltdown will occur, and when I get upset I feel bad telling my parents and acting unhappy because its their vacation too, I just wish we could all get a break. anyway thanks to everyone for listening to me vent. I feel a little better now.
Love you ladies thanks for your support!

Old 04-15-2006, 02:19 AM   #158
CURVY VIXEN

I binged today, and it was bad, I can't sleep now as my stomach is killing me.. why do I do this to myself....???? I'm so sad now...
Old 04-15-2006, 09:19 AM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepansy912
I binged today, and it was bad, I can't sleep now as my stomach is killing me.. why do I do this to myself....???? I'm so sad now...
I'm so sorry, hon. I don't know why we keep doing this... big hugs...

Mish, congratulations on the exercise and the good week!

Kristen, I'm sorry it's stressful for you being out with your sister. My husband worked with people with autism for years. If it's any consolation, I think that other people are pretty tolerant of "melt-downs" of that sort. I mean, they understand, you know? I know (and I'm guilty of it myself) we tend to think that "everyone is looking at us", but really, they just want to get on with their own lives (and their meal! heh heh). Try to let go of the stress, and just enjoy the moment.

Where am I?
Ah... binges...
Well, I had another not-so-good-day yesterday. But it wasn't terrible. If I can get on the treadmill today, I might eat a little better...

Good luck to all of us today!!

"Wouldn't it be wonderful to take all the evil people and put them over there, then we wouldn't have to deal with them. And all of us good people would stay right here. The problem is that the line separating good and evil cuts right through the human heart." Alexander Solzenitzen
Old 04-15-2006, 06:03 PM   #160

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Grrrr, I binged last night!!! It all started with a harmless easter egg hunt I took my nephew to, and I just had to have some of his chocolate. . . and then it turned into a lot of chocolate the rest of the day. I visited my grandma and she had a HUGE basket of easter candy and again, I just couldn't resist. And then I went out and got some pecan delights. And I babysat and had a slice of pizza, 4 packages of fruit snacks, chicken nuggets, and Ritz crackers. And then I got home and had 2 chicken cordon bleu breasts, a bag of popcorn, a white chocolate kit kat, reese peanut butter cups, and an apple pie. I will be so glad when Easter is over, and I won't have to deal with another chocolate holiday until October.

Mish, you know, I like your idea of a 10 minute free for all, but do you know how much food I can consume in a ten minute time frame? I doubt it would work for me, but let us know if it works for you, I'm very interested!! Keep up the great work girl!!!!

Kristen Oh, bummer you didn't enjoy your vacation!! I'm sorry about your difficulties with your sister, I know I got super-embarrassed when my bratty nephew threw a fit in public when he was younger. He was ADD and used to throw these CRAZY tantrums in public. I know it's probably not the same thing as an autistic fit, but I just wanted to crawl in a hole when he did that, and of course I still loved him. And ellis is right, people aren't staring as much as you think, unless they are rude jerks.

Purplepansy That's the most awful feeling, isn't it? That my-stomach-is-so-full-that-I-can't-bear-it-to-even-lay-down-and-go-to-sleep feeling. Oooh, do I hate that. I hope today has treated you better!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!!

ellis, Don't say "MIGHT" eat better, say "WILL" eat better. We WILL eat better today, the whole lot of us. I'm so far so good today: salad, Gardenburger, and vegetables today, and I even went to the dollar store and bought no chocolate, although I was a bit tempted.

My before and current pictures!
I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home
Old 04-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #161

Oh, Harpo, I am soooo sorry, sweetie.
I'm glad you're having a better day... I hope it's continuing to go well...
Why do our holidays always have to revolve around massive quantities of food?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:43 PM   #162

I know, dieting would be easier without the holidays. At least the grocery stores are closed tomorrow so no compulsive food trips for me tomorrow.

I'm actively fighting major binge urges. It's good though, I'm having them and I'm fighting them. I almost lost it with some honey nut cheerios, but then I got some gum, and I managed to avoid losing control. (If I had lost control, I know I would have taken a trip to the grocery store tonight for binge food). I've just discovered how much gum really zaps those urges. Even when my jaw got tired, I just held the gum in my mouth and still managed not to eat. I'm a little irritated that I didn't figure this out sooner. I hope it continues to work. I'm dragging into PMS, so I'm having MAJOR chocolate cravings, and the gum is helping with those too. I know this is a vunerable time, and I'm AWARE and trying my damnedest to fight them off. I think I'll be okay tonight.

I have an impersonal trainer. We meet at the gym, we don't talk, he works out alone, and I go home
Old 04-16-2006, 02:12 AM   #163

all i have to say is friggin' jelly beans!!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #164

I binged again, damnit!!! I'd thought I'd be okay since our family doesn't celebrate Easter, but ham found itself to me anyway today, and I ate like a half of a pound (probably more) and then I ate a package of garlic shell pasta, 5 biscuits, a pint of Ben & Jerry's, 4 cherry creme french twists, 4 pieces of chocolate, and a 1/2 bag of jelly belly beans. I was STUFFED to the max. I'm so glad this holiday is over, but now I have to avoid the clearance Easter candy. I will avoid the store for the next week.

I'm seriously recommitting tomorrow, because my weight loss has slowed so much that I had to modify my diet program. I've really been a lot less strict with my calorie counting lately but no more. And I will exercise EVERY day, no days off (unless muscles are sore because I don't want to injure them, but that rarely happens). That's why I binged today, because I know I'm recommiting tomorrow. It was the farewell binge. The only thing I have to worry about is my nephew's birthday on Wednesday, but if I have any cake and ice cream, it will be just a couple of bites.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and managed to avoid a holiday binge!!!

Old 04-17-2006, 12:35 AM   #165
CURVY VIXEN

Ok... the jelly beans are gone, the marshmellow chicks chewed and the peanut butter eggs are gonna go to my stomach flub.. but it is over! No more candy.. here is starting anew tomorrow...
Closed Thread