Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:09 PM   #136  
The change I want to see.

S/C/G: 250/239/150

Hey y'all...I've been lurking awhile...and thought it was time I joined in. I hide food. And I don't binge until I'm alone...which means...when the house is asleep...I'll get up in the middle of the night to get to my stash. I have some cookies in the back of the fridge right now...I'm just waiting till I can get them alone and have my way with them.

During the week when it's just my daughter and me...she'll go off and play...and I'll go and eat whatever I can find in the kitchen.

I'm not a purger...Not physically anyway...so...after a binge I'll beat myself up mentally and emotionally. Yay!

Anyway...I'm here.
Peace,
Jenn
Old 04-09-2006, 03:30 PM   #137  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

ohiotugalgal - He knows I post on this thread. He is just an optomist...it isn't like he is denying that I could have a problem he is just saying he believes I can get over it.

h.c.g. - Maybe you could print off a picture of you at your heavist or most unhealthy and carry that around. I also carry around my before pictures in my wallet. BTW your progress pics are phenominal you are gorgeous! Maybe keeping track of your calories will diminish the guilt you feel about a binge if you are still close to the goals you have set there.

justjodi - I know what you mean about not making a conscious decision...Wouldn't it be easier if it was a DECISION for us like everyone else.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default 6 nights in a row!!! Bloated, gross, sick, FINISHED!!!

The 6th night in a row!!! What is wrong with me? This week has been awful. I'm bloated, and I feel just so gross!!! I ate Chinese food tonight. (I actually haven't had any in months!) And what totally sucked is that it was hard and old because it had been sitting all day. I didn't even enjoy it much. And then I ate strawberry shortcake, a dark chocolate bar, and a pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream. I forgot how much Chinese food bloats me and gives me indigestion. My stomach is literally 3 times its normal size. I feel like crap. I used to get Chinese food at least twice a week before I went on my diet. I was so addicted. I'd crave it like mad. I'm FINISHED tonight. I've got to get back on plan tomorrow. I'm dreading my weigh-in tomorrow. I know this has all got to catch up to me sometime. Actually, if I'm up then it motivates me to get back into gear. Whoa, epiphany!! This is how my diet has been since I started it. I lose 10 pounds, then gain 5 back, and then lose 10 again, and then gain 5 back. Isn't that crazy? And it's even crazier that it works! But I'd probably already be at goal if I didn't do that.

madscientist, I'm going to ask my mom tomorrow what she ate a lot of while she was pregnant with me. I bet she ate a lot of chocolate. My mom always brags that when she was a svelte 115 as a young adult, she could finish a whole pizza in one sitting. I want a *Get out of binge free card* How much are you asking for it?

ellis, I'm sorry you are still under the weather. I hope you get better soon. And what in the heck are chicken shwaramas? Usually exotic = delicious, am I right? Thank you for the postive feedback on my pictures!!! You're so kind I really hope they inspire everyone who struggles with bingeing to know that it is possible to lose weight. It's more difficult, but it is possible. I feel like a whole new person. It will be weird to be half the person I once was when I get to my goal.

Jynical Welcome welcome!!! I believe many of us hide food. When my mom used to cook for me, I'd always freeze it (in an extra fridge we had in the basement), so I could binge later. I'd have maybe 5 or 6 meals hoarded in there and then I'd binge on them. Have you tried writing down your feelings before you binge, to try to find out your emotional triggers? And write down your favorite binge foods as well, to identify your food triggers. Please don't be shy!! Share anything you need with us!!

stephie, I have that dreadful picture of me. I guess I should pull it out everytime I want to eat something bad. I don't know if it would work though, because I would probably rationalize and say, "if I eat this chocolate, I'm not going to to wake tomorrow and look like that again." I actually did that today, while I was driving to get my ice cream. I said, "I'm not going to gain 20 pounds because of a pint of ice cream." Thanks for your comments on my pics!

I'm done! I'm done and I'm done!! The binge train stops here!! This is absolutely ridiculous! And I don't have anything to blame but my weak will. No stress, no PMS, no unhappiness. And I have no more to say about this.

Good luck ladies today. We will be strong. We will not binge. We will be on our plans today.
Old 04-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #139  

Quote:
Jynical Welcome welcome!!! I believe many of us hide food. When my mom used to cook for me, I'd always freeze it (in an extra fridge we had in the basement), so I could binge later. I'd have maybe 5 or 6 meals hoarded in there and then I'd binge on them. Have you tried writing down your feelings before you binge, to try to find out your emotional triggers? And write down your favorite binge foods as well, to identify your food triggers. Please don't be shy!! Share anything you need with us!!
Thanks for the support.
I haven't written things down...I need to. I know this will be a big catalyst for change in my body. I just...I dunno. You know, I don't have an excuse. Hehehe I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I put everyone to bed and came in here...grabbed a cookie (not the box I *wanted* to grab) and logged on. Good cookie...but...now I'm sitting here...no one but the dog and cats to hold me accountable...wanting to go back to the fridge. My enemy. Sure, I can resist now...but what about tomorrow? Or the next day...

And then there's that voice in the back of my head (the one arguing with the voice urging me to crack open the fridge) that is saying: "Jenn...you're strong. You can do this. Go get a glass of water and enjoy the peace and quiet."

I'm feeling so...pulled in so many directions at the moment. That voice is a new one. It's weird to hear it. I like it.

Anyway...it's late...and you're right. I need to be writing this stuff down.

Peace and Strength,
Jenn
Old 04-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #140  

I'm good so far today (but I never binge before 8 p.m. anyway). But I've exercised over an hour today, but my hip has been giving me trouble and that has me worried because I'm really dependent on exercise because of the bingeing. I hate to keep aggravating it over and over again, but I'm so determined to get the rest of this weight off. It's do it or die time now. Anyone else have any hip trouble?

I'm going to look up a weight training program to start doing that because I feel I need to begin to *attempt* to firm up (if that's even possible). I have 3 and 5 pound dumbells, ankle weights, and pilates resistant tubing. Do you think I could devise a decent weight training program with that stuff? I'm hoping to find one I could just print off the internet, so I can be lazy and have to remember all of the exercises I've seen using that equipment.

Jenn, I just noticed your user name pun. I like it. I love word play. I used to spend a lot of time coming up with anagrams with my name. I have an old journal somewhere with a bunch of them.

And great job with the one cookie! I have that calming voice of reason also, but the other voice is louder and more menacing, so you know which one I usually listen to.

Take care everyone
Old 04-10-2006, 07:55 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarpoChicoGroucho
Jenn, I just noticed your user name pun. I like it. I love word play. I used to spend a lot of time coming up with anagrams with my name. I have an old journal somewhere with a bunch of them.

And great job with the one cookie! I have that calming voice of reason also, but the other voice is louder and more menacing, so you know which one I usually listen to.

Take care everyone

Yup! Jenn + Cynical... And it's surprisingly fitting. lol
Peace and strength,
Jenn
Old 04-11-2006, 04:13 AM   #142  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I binged last night. I don't know why. I ate chocolate and lots of it, flapjacks, ice cream (which I don't even particularly like!), toast, flapjacks, cornflakes with full fat milk! crisps ick! Stupid thing - I didn't feel THAT ill afterwards

I don't know what's going on. I can't understand why I did it, or that I let myself do it after a fairly crappy weekend or even why I didn't just go to sleep, which is what I really wanted.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:02 AM   #143  

Height: 5'-2"

2frustrated, I'm so sorry. It sounds as though you identified the problem... you were tired, hon. Catch up on your sleep and put yesterday behind you.

Harpo, shawarmas are those Middle Eastern wraps. DH makes his with pita fresh from a Middle Eastern bakery here, chicken, spinach, tomatoes, pickles, and this wickedly amazing thick sauce involving mashed potatoes, mayo, and copious amounts of garlic. Oh, my gosh... they're soooo good.

Jenn, welcome! How wonderful that you're starting to "hear that voice". That's a huge step in the right direction.

Harpo... I have a link for a weight program somewhere here... let me see if I can find it...
Old 04-11-2006, 08:03 AM   #144  

Height: 5'-2"

Ah, here it is! It's simple (I like simple. heh heh), and some of the links have pictures. http://www.netfit.co.uk/wkmen.htm
Old 04-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #145  

Oh, 2 frustrated, keep your head up. Today is a new day, just take a deep breath and move on. Don't let it go any further than one binge, because you'll feel worse if it happens again. Stay strong

ellis, next time your hubby makes those, Fedex me a few
Thanks for that link!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Ok so I went on vacation an for 4 days i binged on my last night on vacation wednesday i ate them following

6 slices of Mystic Pizza
1 Large strawberry fribble
2 chunks of homemade fudge
2 cans of regular pepsi
1/2 a large bag of pretzels
I was sooooooo sick that night I thought I was going to puke, I just kept eatig and eating nad eating
UGGH! i am NOT getting on the scale
Old 04-13-2006, 05:03 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

I had a bad night last night!

3 pops
3 modest size plates of spaghetti
3 slices of thick French bread
1 egg salad sandwich
and a handful of chips
about 10 smarties

I knew I was binging but I could not stop myself... I think I found on of my triggers though. Money stress, took my car in to have something fixed, was supposed to be under warranty but because I had work done on it before they did not cover it and advised me to try and reclaim the 210 bucks from the place where I had the work done before.

GRR I hate Ford!!
Old 04-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Ok guys I got on the scale...I gained 6 lbs in like 3 days!!!
It is nightime though so maybe it will be less in the morning over the day you do retain water. I am just obsessing too much over the scale. Anyway, I am realllly depressed I don't think my Zoloft is doing anything and I am going binge crazy, Today was my b-dayand today i had 2 pieces of ice cream cake!! uggh
Old 04-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #149  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

hi nickle... I binge under stress too... that and lonliness, fustration, you name it...get back on track tomorrow and forget the binge.. it is over and done with... tomorrow the sun will shine again..
Old 04-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #150  

Kristen, I hoped you fared better today, and I hope you at least enjoyed your vacation!! I haven't had one in 5 years and I'm jealous!! I couldn't imagine dieting and having a vacation because my favorite part of visiting a new city is discovering new foods and restaurants.

Nicklewise, I'm happy you've found our thread!! Welcome!! I have money issues too, and very soon I'll be totally out of it and be forced back into the working world. Money is SOOO stressful. I'm sorry, I really have no advice to give you about dealing with money stresses. Congratulations on the 12 pound weight loss!! Fantastic job!!!!

Alright, girls, 3 days in control, no bingeing. I really want to make it to the end of the month, because I'm trying to figure out a modified version of my diet and exercise regimen and I need to be on plan to do that.
Closed Thread