The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #751  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

How good are you Chick!?!? Just adding extra cardio! You rock!

Angel- I'd love to be able to run, it's one of my goals, but i just can't do it for longer than about 2 minutes I'm trying to get the time up but i can't. Maybe one day!

Ledom, what's happening, girl?

Anyway, just checking in on you all!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:28 AM   #752  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

twinkle....I never thought I'd give running a try either, but one of my goals was to run a 5K race. I got the idea last year in Nov, and kept it a secret until after Christmas. Then I actually told dh about it, thinking he'd say...'yeah right?' but he thought it was a good goal to work towards. We surfed the internet for some training programs and then I hit the treadmill slowly over the next few months, increasing my duration and taking rest days every 4th day. Then before we knew it, the April date was here and we both ran the race!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! The start of the race was at 7:30 am, 50F and by 8:15am we were done the race and the hospitallity tent and in the car driving home!!! hey....if I can do it.....SO CAN YOU!!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #753  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Just a quick Bon Voyage! I leave early in the a.m. Things are going great, the debris removal is complete - the scorched trees are cut - the roof is underway and when I get out tomorrow they are going to start painting the interior. The contents of my house are packed into boxes and stuck into the couple of rooms that are not going to be involved. When I get home the house should be done and the garage 2/3 done. It is miraculous how it has all come together. I have been living life in the fast lane the last 10 days. Now I am heading for some cool places and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Ya'll take care. When I get back I can't wait to get started back with my exercise. I miss it more than you would think.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:05 PM   #754  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Just a quick Bon Voyage! I leave early in the a.m. Things are going great, the debris removal is complete - the scorched trees are cut - the roof is underway and when I get out tomorrow they are going to start painting the interior. The contents of my house are packed into boxes and stuck into the couple of rooms that are not going to be involved. When I get home the house should be done and the garage 2/3 done. It is miraculous how it has all come together. I have been living life in the fast lane the last 10 days. Now I am heading for some cool places and I CAN NOT WAIT!!!

Ya'll take care. When I get back I can't wait to get started back with my exercise. I miss it more than you would think.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #755  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Safe trip to you, ledom!!! I hope your house makes big progress while you are off having BIG FUN!!

We'll miss you!

angel-eyes - runners impress me....even after all this time of kicking butt on the elliptical I still can't run very far....but part of that is my wonky knee. You go, girl!!

Hey Twinklegirl!

Today is a rest day for me...just dog walking after it cools off enough where he won't be rolling in the grass every 20 feet. So embarrassing..
Old 07-14-2006, 10:54 AM   #756  
soon to be goddess

oh....ledom....I missed you!!! shoot!!....well I know you will have a GREAT TIME!!!

Hey chick.....sounds like a well deserved rest day!! Any plans for the weekend?

wooohooo, I lost 2 lbs this week. It feels soooo good to be a loser!! hehe
Old 07-15-2006, 08:53 AM   #757  
TwinkleGirl

Hey Angel, Great job on the weight loss! You're doing so well!

I weighed in this week, no loss and no gain. I again feel like i'm struggling with this whole thing. I know it's meant to be hard, i'm just going through a rough patch at the moment, hopefully it'll pass soon enough!

Anyway, have a good and healthy weekend everyone!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:20 PM   #758  
soon to be goddess

Twinkle....don't give up the ghost!!! Hang in there. No gain, no loss.....I'd take a maintain ANYTIME!!! Have you thought about your excercise routine? maybe you need to change it or give some thought to the foods you are eating? Sodium levels? too many margherita's? Sometimes the obvious is not so clear. Just trying to be helpful.....don't worry, it'll happen.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 PM   #759  

Woo Hoo angel-eyes!!
TwinkleGirl - staying the same is way better than gaining...hang in there!

I'm afraid to step on the scale at the moment....maybe next week. A friend of mine died over the 4th of July holiday....the funeral was yesterday but it has been a rough week. My eating has been kinda outta control. Today feels better....I'm trying to work through it more consciously. Plus it's like 110 degrees today....this usually puts me in an annoyed mood to start with. I just need to work a deal with myself that I stop equating feeling better with eating stuff I shouldn't. I just needed to grumble at someone...thanx for listening.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #760  
soon to be goddess

oh Gina....I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I knew there had to be something going on since you weren't around very much. Grumble away anytime....you know that!!
Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #761  
TwinkleGirl

Yeah Gina, i am so very sorry to hear about your friend, don't worry too much about the scales, just look after yourself, and anytime you want to have a grumble, you know we're all here to listen!
Old 07-19-2006, 02:08 PM   #762  
soon to be goddess

Morning girls!!...How is everyone today? Well wonders upon wonders, I woke up to find TOM!!! blech! Hate him. Anyways, I'm taking today as a (much needed) day of rest. If anything today, I might get some good ol' walking in on the treadmill. Not much though..... Just did my 'Martha' for the day. We have these fabulous peach tree's in the backyard that we inherited a year ago (when we moved here) and the peaches ARE FABULOUS!! Nothing like the typical clingstone peaches in a can, these are much smaller and white inside. Last year unfortunately, we ate some but not knowing what to do with them, most spoiled or the birds/rabbits got to them. Well today I had the boys out peach picking and we blanched them, skinned them, pitted and sliced them....AND FROZE THEM!!! What a process, but now we have lots of yummy fresh peaches anytime. We probably did about 10 dozen with lots more on the trees still to ripen. It gives a new appreciation to DelMonte !!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:38 PM   #763  

Hey -
White Peaches... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Today is a rest day for me, as well. I had a good day at the gym yesterday - and a decent day food wise as well. Keeping my head in the game feels good.

I saw another post that BL is back in September Even if it's without Jillian. We'll see what we think of the new trainer.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #764  
TwinkleGirl

Hi All,
Can't say i'm a fan of peaches, but it must be nice to have so many frozen to use when the tree isn't providing any.

Chick- It's great to hear that you're doing well, I also have my head back in the game, and it feels great! Isn't it nice to look back and say 'Yeah, i kicked *** in the gym and my food was good!' i love days like that!

My family got some bad news last night and it means we're all going to be stressed for the next few weeks, but i'm hoping everything is going to be fine and i'm going to be trying extra hard to keep my food and workouts in check!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #765  
soon to be goddess

Hey girls..... Had a good workout yesterday but really had to force myself to go. Once I was there it was better but somehow I still felt like I was pushing myself too much. I did a 30 min treadmill 2 mile run/1 mile walk, 2 circuits of the curves room (hr 145) and then 12 minutes on the eliptical. I need to find something new......any ideas? I would have taken the body sculpting class but the teacher on Saturdays is about as interesting as limp broccoli !!!

Just waiting for dh and ds to get home from camping. It was a boy scout over nighter, with archery, bb guns, canoeing events. Hopefully it wasn't too hot for them in the tent....hehe I've done the laundry, and cleaning....
Yesterday I picked up a few things on sale. Not sure if I mentioned this, but in the near future I hope to be looking for a job. Its a great time to be buying since lots are on sale right now and the new fall clothes are coming in. It feels really great to be wearing smaller sizes !!!! And in 2 weeks, we are leaving to go home to Canada to see our family!!!! Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. Is ledom coming back soon? She's prolly having the time of her life!!!

Twinkle....How are you doing? Hopefully managing that stressful problem the best way you can. Try to stay true to your OP and excercise plan. That will def. help you fell more in control.

Chick....Whassup? You okay? Did you catch the new show Thursday night on Bravo called "workout" ? Its (another) reality show but its the sky spa/gym that Jillian Michaels is co-owner of. No sign of her yet, but ......maybe a future show.