The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 06-23-2006, 02:09 AM   #706  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hey, Great loss ledom! Well done! I have to say, when i got out of the 'obese' (God, i HATE that word!) category i was very happy! It was a really big thing for me, and i know you will melt that pound off this week and you'll get to give us the good news next week!

Well, i lost another kilos (2.2 pound) this week I have one kilo to go until i'm halfway to my goal weight. I don't know that i'll stop when i reach my goal weight, i'm going to re-assess then, i might need to lose a little more. But at the moment i'm kind of struggling, my food is good, i'm still doing some good workouts, but my head just isn't in the game. I'm not sure why, i just feel on the verge of giving up, which seems crazy i know, seeming i'm getting some great results. Maybe my weird mood will pass in a few days.
Oh wow! Look, i have a ticker! Yay!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #707  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Yay Sad Girl 2.2 lbs. is fabulous!

Anything we can do to help you stay the course? You are doing great and you are going to feel so much better about everything once you work your way through your rough patch and come out on the other side.

I have had a weird thing happen lately, and this isn't really happening because I am hungry because I really am not ever hungry. I'll just get some forbidden food in my mind. My instinct was to block it out, but instead I have embraced the image. In my mind I let the butter melt, the syrup soak in, just visualize all the sights, sounds, and tastes. By staying with it I am able to really experience what I am imagining and then let it go. That has happened a couple times recently - this visualization is so intense that I feel I surely must have gained 5 lbs. from my thoughts. Weird huh? I don't go out of my way to have these thoughts, just when they pop up I don't try to bury them. And that is my story for whatever it is worth.

Hang in there sadgirl. And thanks for your encouragement.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:59 AM   #708  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

angel-eyes That class sounds killer - WTG!!! Are you still kicking?

ledom - isn't it weird how our bodies do what they want when they want? 3 pounds - WOO HOO!! I now have strange craving for a pancake... Maybe I'll make protein pancakes tomorrow...

sadgirl - you need to get your mojo back....lemme think, what helps me? Check out the Success forums...maintainer forums...try on a pair of pants from when you were your biggest....sometimes I just have to grit my teeth and keep going even when I don't want to...fake like you want to do it...sometimes you can trick yourself into it. Sometimes if I don't feel like exercising I tell myself I will just do a short session. Once I get started, I usually get a whole hour in. The starting is the hard part. You have worked so hard to get where you are now, think about how you will feel in 6 months if you quit now and have to lose the weight all over again?

Well...if you were impressed by 102 degrees....today's forecast is for 107....112 on Sunday... Welcome to California's central valley....
Old 06-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #709  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

WOOOHOOOOO....WTG ledom!!! You are such a big loser!!! and I mean that in the nicest way possible!!!

Sadgirl.....I keep telling ya....change your name, cause you aren't sad anymore!!!! Great job on the weight loss also. My my my....you are doing so well, but it seems you are talking your way OUT OF YOUR SUCCESS!!! Stop the talking and just do it. We all have our little problems to work out and sometimes the internal chatter gets the best of us. DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Chick.....okay, now THAT IS HOT!!! Stay cool and hydrated. My words of wisdom for the day.

I went to back to back classes at the gym today. Cardio pump (kick boxing and step) and then a bodysculpting class with dumbells. Okay, I am officially exhausted NOW!!! I treated myself to a WONDERFUL pedicure afterwards and just vegged in the massage chair as if I was in a stupore!!! hehe....literally, I was drolling!!! Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #710  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Hi girls, I hope you don't mind me joining. Chick kinda invited me over...what is the censoring stuff about? Anyways...I was TOTALLY impressed by Jillians videos...they kicked my behind! I've been more sore the past two days than I have been since I started this whole weight loss journey. But I'm VERY dissappointed in my weight. I just find it amazing that I've done so much exercising the past two weeks and pretty much nothing. And I'm sticking to my diet too, no cheats or anything. Maybe I need to decrease my carbs. But whenever I need to snack I hear those caramel mini rice cakes calling my name....and at only 60 cal/ serving I figured it wasn't that bad. Who knows...I look forward to chatting with you girls!!!

BTW...chick I totally know how you feel, it's 109 here today...the valley SUCKS!!!

Carrie
Old 06-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #711  
soon to be goddess

Hi cheercoach!!1 well, if chick invited you....then HELLO!!! In Jillians book she talks about rice....yeah, I know its only 60 cals for a measely rice cake but for her....rice is rice and its a no no She talks about avoiding most of the white starchs......but you have to find your own happy medium. White bread, white rice, white sugar and white potatoes are all on the list. I am a balanced oxidizer, so my carbs should be limited to a 30/30/40 ratio. Have you figured all that out yet? If you sign up on fitday, for a free acount....it will calculate all those figures for you and it makes it sooo much easier to see where your foods are coming from. Don't worry about the weight right now....besides, if you're doing all the right things it will come. You are just building good lean muscle!!!
Old 06-24-2006, 03:05 AM   #712  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Ok chickies, new name! No more SadGirl for me!

Cheercoach! Glad to see you here! Hmm.. i eat white rice, and white potatoes and sometimes white pasta. Opps... oh well. I'm still losing weight and doing ok.

Thanks for all your support, i'm hanging in there and my food and workouts are still going to plan. So far, no sign of my previous 'focus'... but i keep calling out 'focus... focus... come back focus!" (you know, like when you've got a lost dog.) Hopefully my focus will come back to me soon! Thanks again everyone, you guys are the best!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #713  
Chick

Hey Carrie, welcome, it's good to have you here. On the rice cakes? Do you include them in your calorie counting? Sometimes finetuning your calories just a bit can make all the difference. I like rice cakes too but limit them to a sometimes treat. They are my camping breakfast with a swipe of cashew butter because they are easy camping food but I keep them locked up (out of sight) at home. And you're right, Jillian's excercises kick butt.

TwinkleGirl - love it! That fits you better. I can't remember - have you read Jillian's book? For motivation to hang in there you might re-read the first 3 chapters. They spoke to me like nothing else when I started out on getting my head together. Also, are you on her daily mailing list? She sends out a little tip everyday that helps keep me focused on what I should be doing. If I weren't such a skinflint I'd join her on-line program. If I were really struggling I might do it anyway because we all know what a great motivator she is. I have been curious about how that is going.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:19 PM   #714  

Carrie - speaking for myself - is the words I use when trying to get through one of Jillian's workouts. What kind of diet are you on? (Carrie is getting her butt kicked by the DVD's so far - but I bet if she hangs around us for a while she'll be getting the book.) I totally hear you on the frustration of the scale not moving - it's something we all deal with. One thing about Jillian's workouts, tho....you will lose inches faster than you will lose pounds. So try measuring yourself - it will help with motivation. The pounds will come off...but it might not be a quick thing. It wasn't (isn't) for me.
Twinklegirl - love the new name! I picture you skipping everywhere now instead of looking sad. I still eat pasta and potatoes, too...just not near as much as I used to.
ledom - it might be time for a refresher course be rereading parts of the book again. But I found "Thin for Life" by Ann Fletcher at the thrift store...it is a really interesting read. All about people who have been successful at maintaining weight loss for a number of years. I'm only halfway thru it...has anybody else here read it? There's a whole discussion chapter by chapter in the Maintenance Library forum.
angel-eyes - is this you getting your pedicure and massage I think you earned it after two classes back to back again.

Today was front day.... Also lawn mowing day...and house cleaning...and maybe napping...it's hecka hot.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:30 AM   #715  

S/C/G: 230/125/125

Height: 5'4

Ok, ok...I bought the book...I actually went to two different bookstores to find it. But at least I have it now. If figure that I will be through it by tonight. I am already feeling motivated! Thanks for all the advice girls. I think my biggest problem right now is motivation and planning ahead. I always workout, but the eating on carb ratios and stuff I haven't done. I've just been a calorie counter for the most part, but two kids ( 7yrs & 3mos old) makes you not have the time you would like to have. Plus, I have a husband who is addicted...let me repeat that....addicted to fast food. Smart choices though right?
Chick...stay out of the heat..it can be deadly...drink lots of water
Twinkle...I would have to agree that has a much more positive ring to it!
Ledom...Congrats on your loss and thanks for the advice.
Angel...I've tried Fitday and have only managed to keep track for only one or two days in a row. To be honest, I should start a journal and then input. By the way, I am TOTALLY jealous of your pedicure...love those!!

Carrie
Old 06-26-2006, 01:56 PM   #716  
Chick

Gone camping 'til Wed. afternoon. I'll check back then - have a good week everyone.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 PM   #717  
soon to be goddess

HEY GIRLS.....
cheercoach.....Congratulations on the baby!! Is that him on your avatar? What a cutie patootie!!!

chick.....I think I'm due for a little re-reading also. I'm finding myself tempted by too many foods lately and I'm in desperate need of a 're committment a la Jillian's foot in my ***'

I'm not feeling the best today.....ds got strep throat last Monday, dh got strep on Friday, and my throat is feeling somewhat INFLAMMED!!! do you think it could be strep? hmmm.... I've been wiping everything down with those clorox wipes, but I think its too late. WWAAAAAAA
Old 06-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #718  

angel-eyes...have you tried saying "I'm not sick" over and over? It doesn't actually work...but I try it every time. I hope you feel better soon!

Carrie - let us know what you think of the book! For me - the ratio thing pretty much just meant I needed to add more protein and less carbs. I'm a balanced oxidizer. About Fitday...it IS really annoying at the beginning - but it gets a lot easier after you have the stuff you eat most of the time in there. The reports are really handy.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #719  
soon to be goddess

Hi chick.....yeah, well my strep throat really wasn't...just a regular sore throat that still is tender. Ice cream really does help though..... I think I was using (hoping) that it was the excuse I needed to take a break this week. How's that for a dose of reality? I miss dh, who is away AGAIN all week, and I miss ds who's still away at school. Thankfully ds comes home on Saturday, so only a few more days. hehe....he called me this morning before his classes while he was doing his laundry. YES!!! that was the best skill I've taught him so far. I've got some wall paper border that needs to get stripped, so I guess I'll go and finish that up. I'm bored....can you tell?
Old 06-29-2006, 03:21 PM   #720  

Good morning all!

Rest day today...the gym looked like New Years the last couple days....they must be doing a promotion or something...it pays to get there before 4PM.

Life is good...another pound gone. At this rate I will be at goal in 2007!

angel-eyes - ice cream heals all wounds! My DH just left for a week last night. I'm still happy about it today - tomorrow I'll prolly miss him.