The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #736  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Thanks girls - progress is being made and I am sure things will get back to normal at some point. No idea what caused the fire, the fire chief listed it as accidental, maybe electrical. Ya'll carry on. I am trying to be good but things just ain't normal. You don't realize how important your stuff is like you stove and fridge and sink and treadmill until you can't use it. Hopefully I will have power by tomorrow though. I have one goal in mind - to get everything done
so I can leave on my trip the 14th. I'll check back soon.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:48 PM   #737  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

well today I just forced myself to go to the gym. NO more if's ands or butt's!! hehe, pun intended.... I'm still on a few more days worth of meds for the strepthroat, but I really needed to get back into it with some COMMITTMENT!! Its sooo easy to 'not go' and then before you know it,,,,,,a few days roll into a week and then a month goes by and you think....WHAT THE?? I didn't do too badly either, I was a clock watcher but I know that'll change. So here's to a better day than yesterday....
Old 07-06-2006, 06:13 PM   #738  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Glad you are on the mend, angel-eyes!

ledom - I've never lost stuff to fire...the closest I can come to relating was when the kitchen was being redone...but even then I still had electricity. Most of the time. At least I could plan for it. At least you have your trip to look forward to! Sending your way....

hey twinklegirl..what's going on down under?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:31 PM   #739  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Morning Ladies, (well, it's morning here!)

I'm sticking with my weights and doing pretty well. Although, i did over-do lunges and squats the other day and couldn't walk for two days but i'm back to normal now. I have to say, i love having biceps, and even my triceps are really starting to tone up. I can't believe i have muscles! I'm even getting that.. god, it's so hard to explain! You know how you have the bicep muscle and then that sort of goes down and then your shoulder muscle starts? I'm getting that kind of shape sort of like an 'm' shape.. only not as pronounced. Did that make ANY sense? And of course still doing all my cardio. I love my cardio!

Ledom- Still sending you lots of loving thoughts and good vibes!

Angel- Good to see you're feeling a little better, just don't over do it! I know what you mean by, you miss one day and suddenly you haven't exercised in a week! Good on you for getting to that gym!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #740  
soon to be goddess

Hey girls....just made it back from the gym and grocery shopping. I did a great elip. workout and then just for fun, I tried the room at the back of the gym which has all the 'curves' style equipment. That was neat, boy did it go by fast also. I did the circuit twice....and was dripping with sweat by the end. Yuck and yeah!!! As for grocery shopping, when did fruit get sooo expensive IN THE SUMMER??? Isn't it supposed to be that way in the off season? I did score in the chicken aisle though... Here I was, just looking at the nice plump chickens that normally run for $7.00 and saw some mismarked for only $1.80. WHAT THE???? okay, normally I would point this out to a clerk, but I ran straight to the checkout counter with my 5 whole plump (and yummy) chickens!!!! As you can see, I have no life and groceries are fun for me!!! so sad....
Old 07-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #741  
Chick

Wow - ya'll sound great. TwinkleGirl I know exactly what you are talking about with the muscles. Isn't it wonderful!!!! I have this new habit of running my fingers up and down my outer arm, even unflexed it feels hard and I love it.

OMG-the experience continues to unfold. I am staying in my house tonight even though I STILL DON'T HAVE ELECTRICITY!!!! I can't help it, I gotta go home. Progress is being made though. My insurance seems really good so far and they say everything will be put back like it was in terms of the structures. They are cleaning my house top to bottom. Everything I own practically is in boxes. I am wearing the same two pair of shorts every other day. My clothes are in an ozone chamber somewhere. I mean life is surreal. I feel as though I have shed a skin and everything is new now if that makes sense.

But what we come here to talk about. Of course there are no workouts or really any way for me to prepare my meals though today I went to wal-mart and bought a new propane camp stove to replace the one that burned so tomorrow I am going to use that. Oh and I bought I huge ice chest. I have the basics now to try to get back some control. But, I have eaten the best I can and while it isn't as good as normal, I think I am injesting about the same amount of calories. I am down 3/4 lb. and my stomach has that squishy flabbly look it gets right before I am about to drop. Either that or the lack of workouts has made me go extra flabby.

Anway, just wanted to check in. Ya'll sound great and it is wonderful to have the opportunity to check in and know life is carrying on without me.

Oh, and talked to my friend in Oregon last night. He has all our reservations and just has a fabulous itinerary planned. I am so ready for some R&R and it's just a week from today when I leave. It is all going to work out. Much of the work on the house will be taken care of while I am gone so that is great.

Oh, and just one more thing. I am so over being fat.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 PM   #742  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledom
Oh, and just one more thing. I am so over being fat.
You RAWK ledom....
Old 07-08-2006, 05:24 PM   #743  
soon to be goddess

YEAH LEDOM.....even when you are down....YOU ARE NOT DOWN!!! You have the most positive outlook considering last weeks fire. wooohoooo on only one more week till your trip!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:52 PM   #744  
Chick

Awww girls - you are the ones who are awesome. I am resilient though, aren't I? You know I have had so many experiences in my life - lots of setbacks and stuff. But I feel lucky too, like I have lived a charmed life. I am happy now. I have some nightime fits of uncertainty and stress but it doesn't help anything. I just have faith it is all going to work out. If nothing else, I love adventure and the one I find myself in now is a big one.

Did you see my ticker? Down 2 lbs. Normally I only change it on Fridays but I think this is a special circumstance. I might not hit 189 by Friday, but I am damn close at 192. And who knows. Maybe.
Old 07-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #745  
soon to be goddess

Morning!! I decided to re-think and re-evaluate and then break down my 20 lbs or so into doable smaller goals of 5 lbs each. I would LOVE to be there quicker, but that doesn't seem to be happening, so.....why get frustrated? and since I'm getting healthier as a by product of better eating and excercising......why stress at it!!! I'm now alot healthier than I was 1 yr ago.....I'm now alot thinner than I was 1 yr ago.......and I'm alot happier than I was 1 yr ago!!!! Size 'whatever' is just a number smaller than a 'off the rack' Lg and 16 I wear now. So, I'll take whatever comes!!! I LOVE THESE REVELATIONS!!!!

ledom.....I DID!!! now THATS a good thing!!!!wtg
twinklegirl, chick?....whassup?
Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #746  
soon to be goddess

Morning!! Just had my breakie.....ww english muffin, slice of cheese and a hard boiled egg. yum yum, and only 4 pts!! Yesterday was a good day, even got some biking in with ds. (gym was closed)...so that was good. Heading out to the gym in a little while, going to do the elip. and workout in the 'curves' room. Just tried that for the first time and was surprized at how hard it was. hehe....the commercials show the ladies having a gay ol' time ....almost having a party!!! NOT!!
Old 07-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #747  

Morning chickies!
Yay ledom!!! Stress and upheaval sux....but 2 lbs is a nice side effect.
angel-eyes - aren't we all healthier than this time last year? Yay US!!!! It's hard to see how far we have come because of how slow it seems sometimes. That ticker of yours just keeps going down....36 lbs is quite an accomplishment.

It was almost exactly a year ago that I started going to the gym faithfully. I missed yesterday though....DH had this bright idea that we should lube my clutch cable and reinstall it. This should have been 1/2 an hour job....famous last words...2 hours later it was done after much cussing and a blister on my thumb from cable twisting. The clutch does feel alot better. But next time i'm coughing up the $5 for a new cable. Before I take out the old one. I'll be back to the gym after work.

Have a great day everbody!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:34 PM   #748  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Guys!
I'm sitting here, eating my little green apple (i'm starving this morning!) before i jump into my workout, so i thought i'd just check in on you all!
Angel- You are so right! Sometimes it seems like i'm not geting anywhere, that this is a waste of time, but i have lost weight. I look better and i feel better and i'm heathier. The weight will eventually come off.... i just need to be a little patient.
Chick- My boyfriend also does does the 'this will only take me half an hour... promise!' and somehow, that's never true. I don't think he can tell the time too well!

Everything is ok with me, except that i'm PMS-ing bad But i'm sticking with my weights and my cardio. I've slipped up with my food a few times, but i'm not beating myself up over it. Everyday is a new day, and i'm just going to keep ploding along until i reach my goal. Didn't weigh in last week, i didn't feel good about it, so i'll leave it to this week.. or maybe next week. I'll see how i feel.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:30 AM   #749  
soon to be goddess

Yesterday was a great day although the boys were really at each other, I did not go off plan. Usually with stress (heck almost any emotion....) I do a quick fix of something sweet from the pantry, well yesterday I wasn't going to let it get the best of me. ....such a proud moment!!! Nice to know that I'm still learning all this stuff. Had a great workout at the gym, but an hour of intense weeding beforehand.....my arms were jelly, so no eliptical; I ran 3 miles on the treadmill instead!!! In the spring I started training to run a 5K race, well I think I got burned out because shortly after the race in April the treadmill seemed to much of a chore so I switched to other equipment. Well last night it was fun AGAIN!!! I guess I need to change it up more with a variety of excercises so I don't get bored.

Twinkle....good job on getting your workouts in early!! Don't kid yourself...it all matters and you are doing a great job. I'm starting the pms thing also....I gotta keep a check on those emotions.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:40 AM   #750  

Today was back day...YAY! I managed to get to the gym before the crowds...
I've been eating more than usual....not entirely intentionally....so far it hasn't shown up on the scale. I think I'll hit some extra cardio tomorrow.