The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 AM   #1486  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey Chick - thanks for the hugs. I need them!

And, I like your new hat!!!! How fun?, is it from your trip to Mexico

Hope the temperatures have broken and that you are really enjoying your new gym location.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #1487  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Hey everyone, well, I'm done with MTC for now. I got sick with a cold (plus coping with some perimenopausal issues) during the last week. I did not do the last 2 workouts because of my boredom issues, plus my schedule got thrown off with being sick. I am so thrilled with the improvements I made in strength (plus some inches lost!) doing MTC. I didn't drop any weight, but I indulged and ate pretty much what I wanted, so I'm pleased with the results.

I've started on a new bodyweight-based workout. It's less of a time commitment than MTC, which will fit in with my fall schedule. I've done 2 workouts so far and I'm sore. Really sore. I'm also trying to really get the hang of doing the intervals that go along with it. I hate the watching-the-clock aspect of doing intervals, but I know it works, so I'm trying to make it a habit.

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend and things are going well for you all.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #1488  
Dieting Diva

I have managed to do one day of cardio and one day of weights this week. I decided that something was better than nothing. I kept on wanting to do MTC- but can't seem to define what block of time to do it- so I am just doing some basics and learning to work with a stability ball.Life was so much easier when there was naptime for my little one.

Food hasn't been too bad except for it was birthday week for my son and that always includes cake and ice cream.

Ledom-the cooler temperatures will bring come color changes to the landscape. Get out of the house with no cabinets ! Grab your camera,kayak and paddle.Take some time to get away from the chaos- you need a break !

Cindy-sounds like you are in change mode and things are not going to settle down until after the wedding. Remember-something is better than nothing !

Hey Chick- is that really you in that hat on the avatar ?

Wow Mariposa sounds like you have great commitment to your workouts ! I am glad to hear of your results ( and you got chocolate too ?)
Old 09-06-2007, 09:22 PM   #1489  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - I'm getting a bit frustrated with myself - my weight is up 5-6# and the wedding is in 3 weeks! I can see it all in my face and gut - the two places I don't want it for al the pictures! But my schedule as of late is killer - no time for workouts that I can figure out. And, I'm stress eating, which is the source of the gain! Let's just hope I can do something about it before the wedding.

Did any of you gals watch the Biggest Loser recap show this week? I've taped it, but not watched yet. DF is tying up the tv with baseball and football all the time, so I'm not sure when I'll get to. I'm hoping that next week's season opener will help to motivate me - have you seen that Jillian will be back on? Wonder how they'll incorporate all three trainers - three teams maybe?

Ok, well, back to the wedding stuff - talk to you gals later!
Cindy
Old 09-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #1490  
Chick

Hey ya'll - checking from the insanity which is my life at the moment. Actually today I am feeling good, some resolutions to some problems anyway. The biggest thing really, we are going ahead with moving my mom to an assisted living facility. It is brand new, she knows people living there, and it is going to happen fast. A week from Sat., so this week we're packing her up to move from a 2 bdrm. house to a 500 sq. ft. apt. DD and her BF are moving into her house and have to be out their current apt. by the 30th, and then of course all my stuff is in boxes while the renovation continues. Talk about a reshuffle of life!

A week or so ago lighting struck the utility pole outside my house. Knocked out my internet so I had them out the next day. It was only 4 days later that I finally had a minute to turn on the TV. It's gone too. There is so much going on I can't even think about waiting around for the cable guy to come fix it. So, did I miss the season premier of BL. I am so behind on stuff.

My show opens Oct. 9. Between now and then so much is going to have to happen but I'll try to check in again soon.

Diet and exercise by the wayside though I am doing better this week than last.

I'm thinking of you all as a couple of you are also going through lifestyle changes too - let's keep up the good fight as best we can!
Old 09-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #1491  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi chickies!
I'm totally looking forward to Jillian being back...and what an entrance! Should be an interesting season. I was rather annoyed at the people who were disappointed and only losing 8 pounds in a week...I know I know...that's the way the show has always been...but it's just so wrong! Another thing I was thinking about afterwards was that I don't really think making the workouts so intense is really going to get anyone to try getting into exercising. If I thought workouts like that were the only way I was going to be able to lose weight I never would have tried it. I know there's no drama in baby steps...but at least offer it as a possibility...

ledom...I'm gonna stop saying things are gonna look up for you...I'm afraid I'll jinx it! Hopefully the cable is back up and they have replays of BL for you? The move sounds like a good thing for your mom - that's great that she already knows people there.

Cindy - you're going to be a beautiful bride!! I second sirak's advice...just try to get a little in here and there.

Sirak - the avatar pic was from a kid's birthday party...it was a clown pinata...I just couldn't resist a new hat.

mariposita - WTG with the interval training...I don't do well with the watching the clock stuff either. But it sounds like you are seeing good results!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 PM   #1492  
Chick

A check in post. How is everyone? Lightening struck the power pole outside my house a couple weeks ago. It blew out every TV in the house. Just wanted to get that latest disaster announced before going any further. Never in my life have I been such a "lightening rod" (pun intended) for disaster. You know, I care, but not really. So much has happened to me in the last month in just seems the very least of my worries. But I won't be watching Biggest Loser for a while. I will replace one TV but it seems pointless now when the house is torn up and I have no time anyway.

Now for some better news. My mother's arrangements are turning out very well. We got her into the assisted living facility that we wanted to. She is not resisting at all and feels that she will be content there. We'll move her in next Sat. DD and her BF are going to move into her house. This is a good thing. It'll help them and she can come back and visit there if she wants to. The fact that all 3 of us are in boxes and displaced at once. Well, just par for the course.

My life will return to normal. I feel it coming, just taking it one day at a time now though. Kitchen cabinets arrive tomorrow so maybe the construction to install won't take too terribly long.

I feel my butt getting bigger. I just MUST have everything back soon before I do more damage to myself.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #1493  
Chick

Okay - enough with the tales of disaster. I am through already!

Going to try really hard to get a grip back on my diet. Just looked up those McDonald's parfaits that I have become addicted to recently. Well over 300 calories - and yet they are so small!

I still can't cook, but I picked up some Amy's frozen dinners that are tasty and have a reasonable amount of calories - I can pop those in the microwave.

I don't think there is time for workouts this week, but I could at least squeeze in an evening walk.

So though it may be a bit of a weak plan, it is still a plan and I am going to really try to stick with it this week.

Last edited by ledom; 09-17-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:33 PM   #1494  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey there guys - Ledom - wow, you sure are having a rough time of it lately.

I'm right there with you in feeling like things are growing - not good for a bridet-to-be!

Less than 2 weeks to go - I'm ready on some stuff, not so much on others. Now is the scramble to find some clothes to wear for the honeymoon - luckily it's just 9 days, so I won't need too much - it's the formal/dressy dresses that are killing me.

Gotta run - talk to you guys later!
Cindy
Old 09-17-2007, 11:22 PM   #1495  
Dieting Diva

Things have been going reasonably well-given the circumstances. DH has a polyp in his gallbladder which has me a bit off course. I want to care and sometime that makes things really confusing inside.
Eating has been a bit off. DD21's bf came and stayed the weekend- which was nice. We were going to get some really good breakfast burritos and ended up going to sonic which about made me puke.
The " Anything is better than nothing" attitude toward exercise is good. It's working. No more guilt trips over not putting in a 45 minute session. I might do ball work, weights or cardio in several mini sessions during the day. I have sore pecs again.I want to see 140 something by the end of the month.

Last edited by sirak; 09-17-2007 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:21 AM   #1496  
Chick

Morning-Hang in there Sirak. I have no doubt you will see those 140s. You have done such an amazing job of getting the weight off. Sheesh, is life ever complicated. I crave human relationships and yet they can be so unsettling. Hey, and I am just talking my mom, daughter, and friends. Get men tied up in it and watch out.

Anyway, I did fair yesterday. I did do my walk. Not happy with the food over the course of the day though.

Yep, I feel like I have paid a lifetime of karmic debt I might have accrued over the past month. I finally can see the end to some of my troubles, but what a month of wear and tear I have experienced. And still, everyone is relatively healthy and so I can't let it get me down. I know a lot of people could make my spate of hard luck look like nothing with their sicknesses and injuries and health issues.

I am barely keeping my head above water at work too. I mean you have students paying money and expecting you to perform your best. As I expect the same from them. So far so good but I'd like a little more wiggle room to get my work accomplished. I do see myself becoming more efficient though. Hey, maybe at some point I can apply some of that efficiency to getting the weight off!

Cindy, how about a picture or something? I am so excited for you. You can hold the line for your big day. I am rooting for you.

Last edited by ledom; 09-18-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #1497  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I'm not sure how late everyone is staying up but jillian's live chat blog is on NBC.com at 10 pm est / 7 pm pst
Old 09-19-2007, 12:33 PM   #1498  
Lovin' Zumba!

I missed TBL last night and am SO peeved about it! Stupid DF and his baseball!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:29 PM   #1499  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

TBL was really nifty - Jillian's team won the weigh in! Poor Bob...he SO wanted to be the first team to ever win the first 2 weigh in's...the Red Team go their butts whupped...Blue Team did well, just not quite well enuf for the rebel Black Team. So enjoying Jillian being back. I'm gonna have to try to log in for the chat next week.

Did anyone else see we are on page 100? Cheers to us!

Last edited by chick_in_the_hat; 09-20-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #1500  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey gals - just one week until the wedding and I'm majorly stressing about about all there is to do (perceived or real).

Then, I've had a major computer catastrophe - last night while trying to clean up my full hard drive, I some how managed to delete my email program and all my email files saved from the past 10 years. I'm quite freaked out about that - for one thing, all my Jillian emails are gone!

Whatever - I'll deal with that after the honeymoon - supposedly computer gurus can still somehow retrieve that kind of stuff - at least I'm hoping. A lot of it was garbage, but there was a lot of stuff there, not to mention all my email addresses!

Hope you gals are doing well - I leave for MI on Wednesday - lots to do before then!
Cindy