Old 05-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #46  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Mel- No swimming pools here on the island. Only the ocean...but its too cold!! So I'm looking at just hitting the gym M/W/F for upper body workouts with my trainer.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'm feeling really bad today. Not sure why. I'm taking all my meds the doctor gave me on Friday after he diagnosed my knee problem and my chronic bronchitis. So, I'm not sure if the meds are making me feel bad or if it is something else. I'm going to fight through the bad feeling though and head on in to the gym in an hour. Wish me luck!

Last edited by shan84; 05-03-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

I signed up for the Summer Biggest Loser also, this will be my first challenge and I am excited to begin!!
Old 05-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #48  
50 is the new 40!

S/C/G: 165/165/140

Height: All of 5ft Tall

Woot!!!!! Another pound lost this week!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 PM   #49  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi! We got a call that we are getting a 6 month old baby boy on Wed. Wish us luck that he will stay forever! Have to go thru whole court case with bios but we'll see how it goes. Will be busy after Wed with all the kids. But will try hard to stay in next challenge too!

I'm still 197.0. Hope I at least maintain til next challenge begins!! Don't wanna look like this when it starts!

Hugs, pray for us please!

Selina
Old 05-03-2010, 11:15 PM   #50  

Angela - Thanks for the info on the calculations.....as long as the scale tells me I lost 20 in the end that is good enough for me. How is the course going.

shan84 - good luck with the upper body training, I hope you feel better soon

ars - mmmmmm I love salty things I hope you don't suffer with the water retention. If it's that humid out you'll just sweat it all out

purplefirefly - Thanks I will try to add a little more to my diet and see if it helps melt away a few pounds

abreezies - welcome to the challange they are a lot of fun and great support

Mercy03 - WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! WTG can you share your secret.

Soon2BFitChick - CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby boy!!!!!!! You must all be so excited to get him and it was quick this time too. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get to keep him and all goes well in court.

CanadaMel - are you ready for the next round of winter hitting us tonight. Is spring ever coming back to Calgary?

Not much new on my part I feel bloated and yucky today.....don't really know why. I think it's in my head as I feel guilty that I didn't exercise today but I have been working out so much and I am sore so I am taking a rest day which I totally know that my body needs. I did clean out my closets today though. I have one big closet and a normal size one and you can't even pry the hangers apart that's how much clothes is in them in all the different sizes that I have been. Some of the clothes is years old but I am a pak rat and keep saying well maybe one day........I now have not even 1/2 of the little closet full with the clothes that actually fit me the rest is being given away or going to charity. I have no clothes left......but it feels really good. I actually fit into a little black dress I wore in Mexico in 1997 and I thought I looked pretty skinny in it then. If only I could see myself that way now. Well it's chilly in the house tonight so going to tuck into bed early and play nintendo games. Have a great night everyone.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:44 AM   #51  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Mercy03 - WOO HOO!!!!!!!!! WTG can you share your secret.
30 MIN CARDIO,15 MIN WEIGHTS A DAY AND A 1200 CALORIE DIET
Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #52  

Hi everyone I am off to work in a second just wanted to pop in and say hello

Mercy03 - Thanks for the info that is about what I am doing I take in 1250 calories and exercise with either 2 DVD's ( 30 min each) or 1 DVD (cardio) and do the ea active for 30 min ( combines strength and cardio ) today I just did the elliptical for 2 - 15 min segements. Maybe for really short term I should just concentrate on more cardio then add back in the strength in a week.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #53  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Well they called and said he won't come til next week but then called again saying he will come tomorrow. Uggh. I don't know what kind of formula til he gets here or size of diapers. So frustrating. Send me patience please girls!!

Can't wait to see him!!! Will tell you all about him once he gets here! I bet he's adorable!! My kids are sooo excited too! They love babies too!!!

Weight is same. So far so good!

Hugs, hope everyone is good, rushing as usual but read over posts just no time for personals again. Wish I did. I love doing personals.

Selina

Last edited by Soon2BFitChick; 05-04-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #54  
50 is the new 40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmid View Post
Hi everyone I am off to work in a second just wanted to pop in and say hello

Mercy03 - Thanks for the info that is about what I am doing I take in 1250 calories and exercise with either 2 DVD's ( 30 min each) or 1 DVD (cardio) and do the ea active for 30 min ( combines strength and cardio ) today I just did the elliptical for 2 - 15 min segements. Maybe for really short term I should just concentrate on more cardio then add back in the strength in a week.
What's really working for me is this. I ride my stationary bike 6 days a week, do strength training 3 days, but here's the one difference. When I ride the bike, I also use 3-5 pound dumbbells to increase my cardio and strength while I am riding the bike. It really ups my calorie burn.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Shan- how are the upper body workouts going or ate your arms to sore to type ? Just kidding. You'll do great and if you need inspiration check out mizfit's website.

Bigmid - I'm so glad we didn't get a big dump this time around.also happy that soccer was cancelled tonight, so I'm freezing while walking the dog.

It's interesting to see what everyone is doing to stay OP. I'm likely eating 1500 cal per day and currently my exercise is walking the dog a minimum of 30 min and I aim for >10000 steps on my pedometer.

I try to go to aerobics classes when I don't work, but I'm adjusting to a new work schedule and am lacking motivation.

Have a great evening everyone
Old 05-05-2010, 04:54 AM   #56  
Making Progress!

S/C/G: 210/ticker/165

Height: 5'10"

30 minutes. non-stop. treadmill. 8.0km/hr.

I AM HAPPY!

Usually have to walk-jog-walk-jog every few minutes, but I just kept on going. Best workout EVER!

Had a bit of a holiday weekend as I was visiting family, but did jog every morning and I feel so healthy and happy at the moment. Number on the scale might not be moving as quickly as I'd like, but I still feel I am achieving
Old 05-05-2010, 09:42 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

I am going to the Y 3 days a week with my sister and a friend and do 50 minutes of cardio followed by 20-30 minutes on the weight machines after that. Then I go for 1 hour a week of water aerobics and run up and down the lanes in the water for 1 hour a couple days a week. I am also swimming with the kids and walking around the outdoor pond with them at least 2-3 days a week.

Next week me, sis, and friend are signing up for a Zumba class together. I'm excited but know I won't look as good in there as the ladies we see doing it now but one day I believe I will. I will also bump my water aerobics class up to either deep water fitness or the water pilates class, haven't decided just yet.

I'm not doing as well on food. I am a sugar addict and have been binging, so time to just completely get it out of the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BFitChick View Post
Well they called and said he won't come til next week but then called again saying he will come tomorrow. Uggh. I don't know what kind of formula til he gets here or size of diapers. So frustrating. Send me patience please girls!!
You'd think they could at least tell you that info so you could be prepared for him...but I am so happy for you and very happy for this baby who is getting an awesome place to live with someone as loving as you. I wish they were all so lucky. Just a question if you see this...where do they go before you get them? I assume these are babies that need a home for one reason or another and I am wondering where they are before they come to your home and why the dates would change?

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 05-05-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:34 AM   #58  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hope everyone is doing well. Just stopping by to say hello. I was supposed to workout with the trainer this past Monday but she cancelled on me and rescheduled for this thursday and friday. Unfortunately, my cough hasn't gotten any better even with all the meds I have been on for the past month. Went back to the doctor this afternoon and SUPRISE!! I have pneamonia. Woohoo! So they want to admit me to the hospital for two weeks. I laughed in his face. Not going to happen. I have no vacation or sick time left on my contract that finishes on June 29th and I don't want them to use this as a reason to fire me and them not have to pay my bonus for finishing a full year teaching for them. So needless to say, I am home now. They gave me some kick butt medicine and gave me until Saturday morning to try to see a new change in my lungs. If it gets worse or there is no change when he does the xray on Saturday then I have no choice but to be admitted to the hospital for at least a week maybe longer.

Bad news is, no exercise for me this week and I'm probably going to see a gain because TOM is right around the corner. Good news, I'll have lots of time to lurk on my computer and visit 3fc all day long for the next four days anyways!
Old 05-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #59  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Hey Purple! You know what? When they said they decided to go pick him up tomorrow (told me that yesterday), I asked if they KNOW if he is safe. The worker said she does not know if he is safe! And they are having to show up as a surprise at the relative placement they have him in for fear of them running with him or planning something crazy. They don't have a good phone number for them because the relative gave them a fake one. He was removed because of bio parents domestic violence and put in relative home in Jan. He was born in Nov. Poor sweetie. So we'll see if they got him. They'll be calling me any minute because they were supposed to be at their house to remove him at 8am. Sometimes babies are kept at the office until they find a placement. Sometimes they bring them to our shelter which has a place to bathe them if they need that or change them, or to the doctor if anything is wrong, etc. Some poor sweeties we have had before had to go be cleaned up. One was a 5 year old hispanic girl. Adorable child. She had to go be bathed and dressed because her father had left her in his car while he was getting drunk in a bar. They had been living in his car! She was barefoot and dirty. He had kidnapped her to get back at the mother when she was 2. He lied to the child and showed her a pic of her mom with blood on her saying she was dead. They had lived that way for years! Thank God she was found. He was illegal and fled to Mexico when the judge asked to see him. We taught her English and she learned so fast. We were so proud of her.

It's really very sad. We all need to be thankful that even our worst days probably weren't this bad, esp. when we were all 5 yrs old. She is doing great by the way! Her mother is very sweet. She is back with her, after we had her for two years. They moved to Colorado and I have her cell number and we text and call. We miss her! Sweet smart little girl. She will turn out fine now. I have faith. She is 9 now.

Ok, enough about that stuff! I'm anxious enough already, waiting to see if they find him! Wish us luck he is found today and safe, even if he doesn't come to us.

I'm 196.5 today! Yay!! Half a pound is better than none lost!

Ok, science fair is tonight, hope ds wins but if he doesn't he still learned alot and I hope he has fun so he will wanna go next year too!

Ok, hugs! Hope you all have a great day!!!

Selina
Old 05-06-2010, 07:00 PM   #60  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Ugh...I ate terrible today. We got a fruit, meat, cheese, cracker, cookie basket at work and I totally caved. My actual calorie intake is okay, but it was basically all fatty salami, crackers and cheese. The stomach is not very happy right now!