Old 05-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #1  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Default Know Your Red Team

Everyone please introduce yourselves on this thread. Tell us as much or little as you like.

Newbies: Jump in and chat. Ask any questions you have on the Q&A thread at the top of the BL Forum page. We'll try to make sure every question is answered promptly.

Challenge Veterans: Lets start inspiring. Share your strategies for a successful challenge.

**Please note: This is a one week thread for you to get to know each other before the first official week of the challenge next week starting May 31st. Your first weigh in day will be June 6th.

Woohoo Red!! Let's get this thing rolling!!

Hello to everyone!!!

Last edited by shan84; 05-23-2010 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Welcome everyone!

Shan- thanks so much for getting us started on the Summer Challenge.

Some tips from me as this is my 4th or 5th challenge. It's easy to be a lurker But you'll do much better & stay accountable if you try to participate each day.

I had a bad week between challenges which resulted in a 3lb gain, but I'm back on track now. For my physical activity I walk, occasionally run/attend aerobics class and I've just started the 200 sit-up & 200 squat challenge. Maybe if I'm brave I'll try the 100 push-up challenge.

Let's go team red!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:56 PM   #3  
MeTime

Hey Mel! So glad your back and rockin it with the red team again! WOOHOO!! I hear you on the gain though. I'm still showing a loss for the start of this challenge, but I'm working hard because I really want to drop another 13lbs before I go home next month. So bring on this challenge! I'm so ready!

This is my 3rd challenge, and my first as a team leader. I have lost the 100lbs during the 1st and 2nd challenge. Hoping to continue the trend. What Mel said about staying accountable is so important. I'm on 3fc 5+times a day. Sometimes lurking, but always posting at least once a day. It really helps knowing other people are going through some of the same things you are. We are all in this together ladies!!

For the newbies, if you have any questions feel free to post them. None of us our professional dietitians or nutritionist, but we can share our wisdom from our own diet backgrounds.

For me, I'm a calorie counter and I hit the gym 5 times a week, 3 times with a personal trainer. My plan will change at the end of June because I will also begin using the Go Wear Fit calorie burned counter. I hope that will help me push hard through this challenge.

Ok, I have to go teach for the day. Can't wait to start hearing from more of the red team members!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

WOOOHOOO! I'm here , I just HAD to check and see what team I am on...

I'll do an intro in the morning . I've been on out working in the yard all day and right now I am soooo tired... I will be more than a lurker. you will all find that out ,LOL!

WOO HOOO! GO RED!!!!
Good Night, Blue Eyes

oh yea,?, many are weighing in now. should I do that too? Do I do It now also or wait till the 6th?

Thanks again!

Last edited by BlueEyes65; 05-23-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #5  
MeTime

Hey Blue Eyes,

You copy and paste the layout for the weigh in and post the starting weight that I have listed for you on the team announcement. No one is weighing in until June 6th. Just saving their weigh in format.

Get some rest! Good night!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5.5

Default 1st Challenge!

This is my first challenge, pretty excited. I love the BL show so I hope this will be just as motivating. I'll do my best to be more than just a newbie lurker

As for me I am a calorie counter, using MynetDiary to track. My biggest struggles are eating out with sweet DH who likes to enjoy all the yummy food. And my little boy who is the biggest food pusher of them all! I am about half way through my weight loss goals and hope to be in the 140's by the end of the summer. I hit the gym 5 days a week for about 9 - 10 hours total. I love group fit classes and I work out with a trainer 2x a week. I use a heart rate monitor to manage the calories I burn during workouts.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of the Red team!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

OK Shan. I get it now...Thanks I'm way tired ... Nite.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5.5

Ohh I misunderstood, I better go change my weight to the original!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 299

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Everyone,

I am really excited about starting this challenge, it's my first challenge, And I think the support will really help me. I need the support. I am addicted to sugar and milk so basically anything sweet major downfall ice cream. I am currently not exercising consistently, I'll do really good one day then totally slack the next 3.

I hear what you guys are saying about being on here and participating everyday.

Thanks so much,

Tina

Last edited by tina2cool; 05-24-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:48 AM   #10  
MeTime

Tina- So happy to have you on the red team for this challenge!! You can weigh in any day of the week you want to, but you must have your weekly weigh in posted on Sundays before 10pm AST.

Ladies- Each week starting May 31st we will have many ways for you to keep yourself on track and accountable. We will have a red team nutrition journal where you can keep track of your daily food. We will also have an exercise journal so you can track your daily exercise. Of course we will have a red team chat thread so we can chat all week long. Please feel free to participate as much as you want. You don't have to participate in the nutrition or exercise journal unless you want to use it as a tool to keep on plan. You do have to particpate in the team chat at least once a week in order to stay eligible for the biggest loser title and you have to weigh in once a week (except your two freebies). If you use both freebies, and still don't weigh in you will be eliminated from the challenge. There will also be a weekly exercise challenge for both teams to participant in if you choose to do so. There are many options here to help you with your weight loss and to help keep you on track. Good luck to everyone!!
Old 05-24-2010, 04:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Hello Red Team!!!!!

I'm very excited to start this challenge with all of you! I've been counting down the day to the start of this challenge since the sign-up process! This will be my first BL challenge. Currently my program consists of calorie counting and running, although I only recently started counting calories. My personal goal is to lose 15 lbs by July 26th. The reasoning I have is because it will be the first time I will be home in 11 months, and it would be nice to be close to onederland by then!

I look forward to working with all the red team members!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:33 AM   #12  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 333/310/260

Height: 5'9"

I hope to be down 20 pounds by the end of the challenge!

I'm going to measure inches, track days on plan with exercise, nutrition, water drinking, vitamin taking and stress management/self care for a total lifestyle commitment. I follow a plant based diet and am working on my health and wellness.

I'm taking care of myself, I had a fabulous workshop this weekend about creating love and having healthy relationships and am motivated to my self care plan.

I have a teen daughter and an "adopted" daughter, her friend, who lives with us. I am a full time student and juggle many responsibilities as the mama of the house.

Best of luck to all my team mates!

Last edited by Passionista; 05-24-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #13  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Good Morning

This is my first BL challenge. I follow the southbeach diet principles with calorie counting thrown in. I am not very good at exercising though. That is something I need to work on. I have 15 pounds till onderland so that is my goal for this challenge. I work full time, am a military wife, 2 kids 12 yr old girl, 8 yr old boy, two dogs (1 yr old black lab and a 6 yr old jack russel), I have also gone back to college and am taking online classes. So I am slightly busy! LOL

I look foward to getting to know you all.

Canada Mel What is the 200 squat and sit up challenge?
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Hey everyone! I am excited to try a challenge again. I am in a very different place in my life right now and feel I have all the tools so there is no reason for failure this time around. I lost almost under 200 pounds over a year ago but when I went from stay at home mom to work at home mom I gained it back plus more. I am over feeling disgusted about that and am refocused on just doing it again and finishing the job this time.

Food wise I am just making a switch to drop sugar and meat. I was a vegetarian most of my life and started eating meat again when I was pregnant with my kids (had a doctor and my hubby convincing me I had to, long story) and now I realize I have the same problems with it as I did in the past, I am just eating it to be in line with my family. I hate meat, it makes me want to puke, it makes me not enjoy my food, so it is going as of today

I am also a huge sugar addict. I know it has to go completely because trying moderation and just calorie counting is not working for me. I am truly addicted, so it is going as of today as well.

I workout at the Y and at home with turbo jam and some new jillian dvds. I try to workout at least once a day, but I aim for one session in the AM and on in the PM, I have read and heard through Jillian that doing that takes advantage of something (I forget!) and can boost results.

Okay, that's all about me I can't wait to get chatting and get to know everyone.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #15  
MeTime

Passionista- Welcome back!

Tammies00-Welcome to your first challenge! You do have a full plate (busy schedule) don't you? Haha. Sounds exciting!

Purplefirefly-Great to see you back!