Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #1  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Default "Party Like It's 2009" Red Team Chat #2

Was getting a bit overwhelming on the first one, so let's open one a week shall we?
Old 01-15-2009, 01:12 AM   #2  
Starting Over

Congrats to MissVitality for being the challenge winner for week #1. She went 300 minutes over her goal!

I see some of you have set it up for week 2 and that's great. I will be trying to do different challenges each week from here on out to keep us on our toes. I will post the challenges on Sundays and they will be for Monday-Sunday of each week.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 AM   #3  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

cakses that is some kind of challenge you have set up. Bringing out the big guns. And I see nothing lazy about it. I love it.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:00 AM   #4  
Starting Over

LOL I can't take credit for the idea I thought it was pretty cool though and worth sharing!

Ugh it's 3am my time and I am up coughing my brains out. I'm so sick of being sick! I took some night time cough medicine but i am waiting until it kicks in to go back to bed. Poor DH has had to deal with me and he gets up at 4:30am every morning!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #5  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone here do Zumba? I've heard nothing but good things about it so I ordered the DVDs. Can't wait for them to get here. I tried to do Pilate's with the ball and I felt REALLY uncoordinated. Think I need to get down a little more before I try that again. I'm also thinking about getting a Wii with Fit and Dance. Just not sure I want to shell out the bucks for it. For those that have it how do you like it?

So I have my own question.... what is your favorite workout?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:04 AM   #6  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Cakses, I went ahead and locked up the first red team chat so you wouldn't have two running at the same time.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #7  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning y'all!

Tomorrow is my weigh in, so I am eating carefully and drinking water like it's going out of style. I would love to have a good weigh in tomorrow (4 lbs would be nice!)

I finally got to watch this week's episode and was hit with an A-HA moment: If Daniel, who is nearly 500 lbs, can run on a treadmill at 6 mph, then surely to goodness I can too!! So I am going to give HIIT a go. Anyone have experience with this? How do I go about it?

I may ask this in the 100 lb club and see what they say.

See y'all!
Old 01-15-2009, 10:48 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Hey red team!

Got to go get my drug test done for my new job today and then I'm going to get my workout in. Been wanting to try this hiking trail nearby, so I'm considering that as well.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:52 AM   #9  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Red Team!! It's cold here -17. Now that's cold. And I'm so glad I didn't have to go to work today. Not much new with me. Just wanted to hop on here and let you all know that I think about you daily when I make my choices and as a result I make better choices. So thank you teammies!!

Congrats to ASHmomma for being our Biggest Loser last week. Big pats on the backs to everyone that lost last week. Let's keep it up for this week and show the blue team what we're made of!!

Hugs to all that need them. I'll be back later. Be good to yourselves today.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #10  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Jen415 - it was the BL that got me motivated too to start sprinting on the treadmill. I have done HIIT first as a part of Body for Life, then on mine own. It is by far the most rewarding thing I do at the gym. I started watching old seasons and even the Australian version (they show more of what we actually want to see in terms of workout) seeing people sprint at a speed that I thought was WAY to fast. But then I tried it. I started at a walk speed and then went to a jog and then a sprint then back down.

On the show they do 30 seconds on 30 seconds off at a speed that is comfortable yet still a little challenging. When they progress and really increase the speed, you will notice that they only stay on for maybe 5 seconds and then jump to the side. I am seriously a huge fan of this. But that's just me
Old 01-15-2009, 11:39 AM   #11  
Starting Over

Good Morning Team! I hope everyone tries the weekend challenge. I am off to work then grocery shopping so I can finally make some dinners and not get takeout here. Gee, I wonder why I am fluctuating between 168-169? *slaps self*

How about a QOTD?

Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I belong to and work at a YMCA but I also belong to LA Fitness. I mostly work out at the Y after I work, but if I go over too many hours in the daycare at the Y because of work I have LA Fitness to go to with its childcare. I mostly workout alone on the treadmill or the track and weights. I used to take a step aerobics class though and I loved it. Maybe I will try to take one next week if they have one at a time I can go to.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:21 PM   #12  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?
I workout at home. I have Wii Fit and mucho amounts of workout DVDs.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 148/146/128

Hello! Thanks for the challenges, looks great.
QOTD I workout alone mostly, sometimes with a friend.. I bike, run, walk, jump rope and some other things. I love when it's sunny so I can be outside. I have some videos to, but I always get bored of them..
Old 01-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

QOTD - I workout on my own, in my bedroom. I don't mind someone joining me when I walk, but if I'm really sweating, then I want to be alone.

I've stayed completely OP this week. It really doesn't seem to be that much of a struggle anymore, but if I don't see weightloss this week, I'm totally going to get frustrated! I must get down to 160 by the end of the month!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 01:40 PM   #15  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey all... the light of day brings a whole new prospective on things...
My basement now has heat, it is electric, but it will keep the pipes from freezing until I can install the solar panels and electric radiant floor heat.
Therefore I am moving. Tomorrow will be the bulk of it with some tonight before dance class and the rest Monday. Cable will be installed in the morning so I shouldn't be out of touch for long.
I am so looking forward to lying in my beautiful new bed in my beautiful new house. It will be the culmination of over 4 years of blood, sweat, cash and sometimes tears (like yesterday). I can't believe it is happening.
Wow.