Old 01-18-2009, 08:49 AM   #61  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrosee View Post
Actually a goal of mine is to be able to at some point jog with her. My pup is a 70 lb, 8 month old german shepherd. She would love it if I would jog with her...lol
I just wanted to mention that jogging with a pup who is still growing can cause problems; especially in those that are prone to joint problems like hip dysplasia. IMHO the best dogs for jogging are medium sized (50-70 lbs) who have been properly conditioned.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

cakses I hope you feel lots better soon.:hug

joyra You're working so hard! Just keep it up and the scale will show it. If not this week then the next.

Clykk Best of luck to you on your upcoming performances.

Bette k I would be totally nuts too! I hope you're able to take action and deal with this Tuesday so you can put it out of your mind.

mtiger You are an inspiration to me. You are so OP. You're AWESOME!

Way to go jlbake! You're working hard and have a nice loss.

moonrosee What's your dogs' name?
Old 01-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #63  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

So, I am sick since yesterday. Got the cold my parents have. So, no more working out till I feel better. Hopefully, I'll be okay in the next couple days. I did take a walk on Friday late afternoon and it was cold, so I might have even gotten myself sick, who knows. So, this means I'm out of the challenge for the weekend pretty much. I might try to do my yoga tonight if I'm feeling okay.
Sorry to everyone else who is feeling under the weather. It's not fun at all.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:10 AM   #64  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

It was nice to see comments of congrats and that I am an inspiration. If I can inspire just one person, that is great. This is not easy, and I certainly have my moments of complete and total frustration. ( I understand Joyra) What I have that is special, is my desire and determination. I know I can lose weight and I will lose weight. "Push yourself and your body WILL lose weight", Jillian. I just stick to my guns, no matter what.

Dec. and Jan. sucked. All I did was go up and under 200 for 2 months. Come Jan. I went back to measuring for a while, writing down every morsel, not eating out (I have had one Whopper Jr. since Jan 1), and upped exercise from 30 min. to 45 min., every single day. I was missing more than I should before. It is starting to pay off.

I will always be a slow loser. Being 48 has something to do with that I'm sure. I will reach my goal. It may take longer than I want, but someday. Today I was down a little again, 196.6. My goal right now is to move as far away from 200 as possible. I don't ever want to pop over the top again.

Bet- Hope you get that taken care of soon.

Clykk- You are a professional. You know you can do it. Mind over matter. Good luck!!!

Joyra- Maybe you need to try a new activity. I have been doing some different stuff and it seems to help.

Cakses- Thanks for the recognition. Today is day 21 on plan. It was tough at first, but it just becomes habit. Sorry you are sick, again or still. Man I hope you can get over this once and for all and get back to yourself. If you need help here, let us know.

Kelleigh- Thanks. I only hope I can help. Wait until I start whining. I'm sure it will happen eventually and it isn't pretty.

Ranger- Sorry you are sick. Even when I'm sick, I try to do a little something. It actually makes me feel better and a little more normal.

See ya later!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #65  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseCAT View Post
I just wanted to mention that jogging with a pup who is still growing can cause problems; especially in those that are prone to joint problems like hip dysplasia. IMHO the best dogs for jogging are medium sized (50-70 lbs) who have been properly conditioned.
Hehehe, I'm not jogging with her yet. I only walk with her now. My goal is to be able to jog with her eventually. I know she isn't suppose to be out jogging yet. When the vet gives the ok, I'm hoping to be in good enough shape to take her out jogging at that point.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #66  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleigh View Post
moonrosee What's your dogs' name?
We brought our puppy home in July so we named her........Firecracker.....lol
Old 01-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #67  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Hope you have a great Sunday!

Yeah I have been sick almost a month now, so I am *still* sick. It's the cold that will not go away, or it's something else. I don't know. I found out how to get a referral to an urgent care clinic from a more seasoned Army wife, so Tuesday I will be calling for that and going in locally to get seen. I'm also trying to get switched to a civilian provider because the Army hospital is so full that I can't ever get an appointment and I'm sick and tired of waiting months to be seen for stuff I need to be seen for now. I've heard they will refer you off post if you complain enough, and it would be awesome to get seen locally!

I am off to figure out how to make vegetarian chili for my husband's curling team. Maybe I will like it too and it will become a staple in the house
Old 01-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #68  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Red Team. I am in the unfortunate position of having to withdraw from this round of the competition. I still don't have a scale and I don't know when I will. (Please... Don't ask.) I am hoping that by the time a new BL rolls around, I will have one and can get back into the fray and the fun. It just isn't fair to my team or to me to try to limp along, taking up my freebies and not contributing. It is also demoralising to and hurting me.

I wish all of you the very, very best of luck. I hope that you all have wonderful losses, that you all come out of this round lighter, healthier and happier. And, that you smoke that Blue Team's drawers.

Hopefully, I'll be back for the next one.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Rain Dancer - I'm sorry you have to drop out. Please feel free to stick around the chat threads, I for one would be happy to have you! Even though you can't post your weights, you can still track yourself by measurement, so don't give up!

Okay, I have a confession. I had my very first binge yesterday. I don't know what got into me but I ate tons of stuff. And it wasn't even good stuff, just random junk laying around the house. I mean, seriously, who blows 800 calories on Twizzlers?!?! But, I pulled myself back together, skipped dinner (binge was around 4:30), and I'm feeling much better now. I ended up going about 1000 calories over my limit, plus I didn't exercise (who could workout with all that junk inside them?) But today is going great, and I'm about to go do my Jillian circuits, so hopefully I won't totally screw up this weigh in.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:44 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 256/203/150

Height: 5'5"

So far I stayed the same from last week. I have my doctor's appointment to go over all the tests he did in November and December to find out why this weight will not budge! I am so exasperated and I need for the sun to come and so it will lighten my mood. I think after my appointment tomorrow.....a tanning bed session is in order. That was my only sanity last winter. I haven't posted my end of the week results because I am hoping for a miracle in seeing the scale drop some from last week.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #71  
BELIEVE!

Hi Red Team Friends!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! We are sadly watching the Eagles/Cards game at the moment. C'mon Eagles!

It's been a busy, crazy few days, but I wanted to pop in. I have a difficult time keeping up with all the chatter here, but I love that everyone is so motivated and enthusiastic!

My weigh-in for this week is pretty good...3.2 pounds. I'm completely on track with food, water and exercise. I'm feeling very snacky likely due to TOM coming up, but I'm doing my best to back away from the temtations.

Have a great night!
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM   #72  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

Cakses, Ranger Chic, sorry you are sick. My nose is still running a little bit and I got sick the day after Christmas. It put me off exercise for over 2 weeks (though I'm sure there were a few days of laziness towards the end). I think I had a sinus infection but instead of going the antibiotics route, I just let it run its course, which is the loooong way to recovery. I hope you feel well soon!

Rain Dancer, I'm sorry you have to drop out! I think you have been a great asset to our team.

Yesterday when I weighed myself, I checked it three times and got 72.5 kg (159.5), 72 kg (158.4) and 73 (160.6). I'm going to use the lowest as my weigh-in weight, putting me at a 0 loss for the week. ... This morning I was back up to a solid 160.6, which is what I weighed at the start of TBL, before New Year's. I'm just so disappointed. Mathematically, I should be losing. I'm not working out too much. I'm not undereating. I'm not overeating. As for my working out, I switch off for 6 days between the TM & the exercise bike and the 7th day I do like, DDR or a workout video. I'm sure I could do more, like calorie cycling, change up my workouts even more, bring my carb levels down, etc., but my work schedule is nuts and the more I can put my diet and exercise on autopilot, the better.

Maybe when I get back from my trip I can try changing it up more. Right now at work I teach by myself and my workload is huge. After my trip I'll go back to co-teaching and being the assistant and my workload will seriously be sliced down to like a quarter or less of what it is now.

How'd everyone else do at the weigh-in?
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

For all my sick and struggling red team peeps

I didn't do so well this weekend. I skipped both my runs and went out to eat four times. Hopefully, all my work the rest of the week will off set this weekend and I'll have some kind of loss on the scale. We'll see tomorrow.

Also. I went on a date I don't go on many dates and this one was the first one in probably about a year. We went to a sports bar to watch part of the Pitt-Balt game. Eventually, I was just watching the time clock count down because I couldn't wait for half time so I could go. It was a bit boring But he was nice and didn't tell me about the sex swing he keeps under the bed (that happened on the last date I went on... not first date conversation material if you ask me.) Anyway, the search continues..
Old 01-19-2009, 02:16 AM   #74  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Ok our week #3 challenge is up - be sure to take a look. It's not an exercise challenge so everyone can join in!
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

AmberD - your last date had a sex swing under his bed???!!! LOL! Sorry your latest date was boring - you will just need to keep looking. They say there is a right person out there for everyone - so far I've yet to find mine! Maybe this will be the year.........

BetteK - sorry to hear about your lump, it must be a worrying time for you. Hopefully you will get the matter resolved very soon.

Rain Dancer - sorry you are having to leave the challenge but do keep up your good efforts and keep posting.

Cakses and RangerChic - do get well soon! Cakses - thanks for the congratulations about my job being made permanent - it's a big weight of my mind. I took a big risk leaving a permanent job to go to this one on a temporary basis and thankfully, the risk has paid off.

I am away to post in the weigh-in thread - 2.5 pounds down!!!!

Last edited by MissVitality; 01-19-2009 at 05:00 AM.