Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 AM   #106  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I did my taxes for the first time all by myself last night! I used Turbotax and got the email from the IRS this morning saying that the return was accepted and I should get my refund by the 30th. Thank god. Things seem to be (temporarily) looking up.

My eating was mostly on plan today. I did eat a little piece of a piece of cake at work and two miniature chocolate bars but at least I didn't eat the whole piece of cake.....along with another piece and another like I usually do. I followed my gut. It was lemon cake and I really just wanted to taste the frosting and I did! I've already guzzled one jug of water and I'm going to finish the second one after I get off the computer and settle down to watch The Simpsons.

for all the sickies and chicks struggling!

Sorry to see you go RainDancer!

Mindy ~ WTG!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:13 AM   #107  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

QOTD: Hmmm, do you mean recently? Because I have nothing, really. I'm still super picky about veggies, still 2% on milk and cheese, fiberwhore all the way. I guess the most recent addition is soymilk. Not just any soymilk either, it has to be 8th Continent. I've tried Silk and think it's gross!

As for tracking my progress, I made a little chart for my weekly weigh ins on Jan. 1, printed it out, and posted it on my fridge. That way, whenever I go to eat for any reason besides pure hunger, I can see my progress....or lack there of. I really should take my measurements but I'm so lazy!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Sonja - you should give boxing a go! You really feel it the next day and it's quite fun at the time into the bargain! It was in my local gym - one of the instructors there is hoping to introduce it as a class so asked my friend and I if we wanted to participate in a pilot with him so he could see what worked well and what doesn't. I'm not one to turn down an offer of some free personal training! It did feel a bit weird having a pair of big boxing gloves on! The trampoline was great fun, felt like a child again. My friend, however, had not thought to wear a sports bra and was suitably embarassed and had to keep hold of her chest throughout the session!

JasonsLea - glad you got those taxes out of the way - these things can cause such anxiety, it's better to just tackle them and get them away!

Cakses - I'm glad you clarified about the weigh-ins - I had noticed some people had not posted theirs at all and was going to ask how this affected our results.

Hope everyone is having a good day - can't believe it's Week 3 already!

Last edited by MissVitality; 01-20-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:39 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone.

man, I wish I could have weighed today instead of yesterday...lol I was visited by the swoosh fairy...LOL.
Just kidding about the swoosh fairy, I am giving God all the glory on this one. HE and I have been in quite the discussion about my weight and health and I truly feel his blessing on this venture.

I went on a 135mile ride yesterday. I was SO cold. I know its not temps like some of yall have but riding at 49 degree temps is friggen cold to me. After hubby and I pulled out of the drive we went tot he gas station. I was crying because I was so upset that I was so cold. I told hubby I was just going to go home. He wanted me to just get on the back of his but i said that wasn't going to stop me from being cold. Plus it was a group ride and I have the whole pride thing going on that if I am going to be riding with a group I have to be seen on my own. I told I was just going home and he at least wanted me to get the car and drive to wear they were going to eat breakfast, but pride thing again, I could not show up in a cage. Then I couldn't stand the thought of being left out and i refused to look like a wuss. Hubby then reminded me that I have his face mask in my bag, I wasn't sure it would help me since I dont have a full face helmet, just a 3/4. Turned out that worked great so I did ride and it was fun, other than having to ride over so many bridges. I hate bridges, especially high ones. Only 2 freaked me out though so not too bad.
Oh, I ate REALLY badly for breakfast. I had a Moon's Over My Hammy with seasoned fries(about 1200cals). I should have had a veggie omlette, but its been over year since I have eaten at Denny's and I haven't eaten out since Dec so I got what I really wanted. We didn't stop for lunch and for dinner I ate 110 calories worth of Allbran bran buds and skim milk then a 60cal pudding. I was down another pound this morning, so I am convinced ridding a motorcycle burns calories...lol

I'm supposed to go to the gym today and work with the trainer but someone is coming over to look at something I put up for sale so I have to get the house cleaned up.

bradleys mom-glad to see you are recovering an I hope the 9lbs just fall off for you.

MissVitality- I always liked Kickboxing class but once I got a trainer that let me much and kick them. Aw man, hard to go back to just punching and kicking air after that. I am trying to get hubby to buy me a free standing punching bag

cakses-Glad you are feeling better.

Last edited by willow650; 01-20-2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #110  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey Red Team!

It's funny how the scales fluctuate from one day to the next! I tend to retain water like a camel, so that can cause some roller coaster moves on my scale! I am up 2 lbs from yesterday morning. I think I had too many carbs yesterday...so I am watching them today and see if it helps take it off.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #111  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning all! I am super excited about BL on TV tonight!

I had an awesome OP day with a little exercise yesterday and showed a 1.2 lbs loss this morning. Cant wait until next weeks weigh-in!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #112  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi all! I have been really quite because I spent the last four days moving in to my new house. It is great except that I am allergic to it. Moving boxes and furniture is all well and good for exercise, but I have been missing my dedicated gym time. Hopefully today I can get my office clear enough to start the 30 Day Shred DVD I bought. I have to squeeze it in between making up the work hours I skipped meeting with the guy from the Board of Health this morning and the trustees' meeting I have this evening. Uggh. My life was supposed to get less crazy when I was no longer homeless. At least I can walk to my meeting. Yay cohousing!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

haha knobhdy--I am allergic to dust, as well, and often say I am allergic to cleaning (because when I do, I inevitably start sneezing and getting the sniffles and red, itchy eyes). Doesn't get me much sympathy, nor much help though, lol!

Been really busy and emotionally stressed about stuff, so not been eating so well the last few days. Absolutely no discipline--but not bingeing, just not making the best choices I should, and eating too much, even too much fruit, or yogurt, etc. Today is another day, though, and I have new resolve, and so I feel this week I will be better, and less busy than I was last week.

willow--maybe your bike riding works like those vibrating platforms do. Maybe it truly does help with the weight-loss! I say, keep riding!!

jlbake--you are spot on with the stress interfering with the results we want to see--at least it seems like that for me. Finding ways to let it go is crucial, and yes I know exercise does help that tremendously, but if life is too crazy and you can't get it in, ooh boy! I am (was) in one of those periods now, for the last couple of weeks. Just coming out of it a bit now, so hopefully better results for me this week!

QOTD--for me, it's not really a food, but it is a substitute--turkey for other meat, as now I order turkey burgers if I want a burger (never tried them before and find them delicious now), buy the mostly turkey pepperoni and bacon, eat turkey chili and use ground turkey in recipes that call for ground beef. That is probably the most recent change I have made, and for the most part, DH has been not noticing or at least, not complaining as much as he used to.

Well, gotta get back to work.....
Old 01-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #114  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

I didn't get my weight in, sorry girls! So I guess I took my first freebie?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:28 PM   #115  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi Team! Results are up. We were close but Blue beat us again. Guess we have to get to it this week!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:31 PM   #116  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Is blue team haveing the problems we are about the ones not participating and the ones that had to drop out? are our numbers re calculated to accomodate that?
Old 01-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #117  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Congrats aangel22 on being the biggest loser for our team. Also congrats RangerChic and mtiger for being runners up. I know next week we'll kick butt and beat the blue team.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:55 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

aangel22

And RangerChic and Mindy

It's so cold here! All I want to do is curl up with a blanket and eat. I'm doing good this week with my eating. My exercise could be better so I'm working on that.

Let's go REDS! We can do it!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #119  
diosa

S/C/G: 216/157/124

Height: 5' 3"

Kelleigh - I live in NC too. It was definitely a cold day.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #120  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I checked for results earlier but they weren't up yet. Now I see we didn't quite make it. Man, darn, shoot, poopy. Oh well, it's a new week, right? I am back to work today and very busy. No time for personals, just a few quickie comments.

I hear I was a runner up. That is so exciting. I am a real slow loser, but I had a good week. Must repeat. I'll be trying my bestest. I do this mid-cycle gain thing, which started today. So, hopefully I can keep it small and will be back down by next week's weigh-in.

I love KICKBOXING!! Just bought Jillian's DVD and it is 30 min. of constant, can't breathe kickboxing. FUN!!! For all you boxing aficienados. Yesterday I spent an hour in my barn trying to hack out frozen crap with an axe. It was like granite. Talk about an arm workout. Even the backs of my arms hurt. Come on over if need a good beating. There is plenty left to hack away at.

Gotta run.
See ya later.

Last edited by mtiger; 01-20-2009 at 07:53 PM.