Old 01-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #151  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Wow Jen - you are rocking the WL!!! Keep up the good work. It usually takes me more than once at learning a lesson. I usually end up learning it several times before it takes!!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #152  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Slowly getting well here - last night was the first night I didn't wake up coughing my brains out, so I got a full night of sleep and man what a difference that makes! I am so much less crabby today and I am going to get a lot more done!

QOTD: How do people react to your weight loss? Do they compliment you, ask how much you have lost or do they ignore it completely? Who has said the nicest thing to you about your success?

Most people that I know around here haven't known me long but I have lost 30 pounds since I started working at the YMCA in September and so far only one person has comlimented me. My parents went beserk when they saw me in December but they hadn't seen me in a year so the change was a big shock. My MIL is not typically the type of person to say a thing about me and my weight loss, but the last time we were at her house she said "WOw Cat you are getting skinny". I was beaming all night because she's teeny tiny so everyone looks big to her haha. It was really nice of her to say it out loud.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
QOTD: How do people react to your weight loss? Do they compliment you, ask how much you have lost or do they ignore it completely? Who has said the nicest thing to you about your success?
People compliment me all the time. They usually ask me how I did it, but are generally severely disappointed once I tell them that it was diet and exercise. I think that they are hoping I've got some magical secret where I can sit around and eat bonbons all day and still lose weight!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #154  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

It's ignored, so.

Yesterday's QOTD: My next mini-goal is to fit comfortably into a blue cashmire(?) sweater that I have refused to pack up. I bought it in 2003 before my second daughter was born, back when I was in a size 12. It was supposed to be big on me then so it fits (kinda) now but just not how I want it to fit.

Not much time to comment on anything else here, just wanted to stop in!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Actually, my son has noticed. He said I have enough room in the seat of my pants to lay an egg in there. Mom you need some new jeans in a smaller size LOL I laughed so hard at that. Gotta love him for that one!! One night we were playing around, I stuck my hands in the pockets of my jeans, they fell to my knees. I was embarrassed but it was funny too. Pat
Old 01-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #156  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm back down a pound and a half. (The 1.5 pounds I gained last week from falling off the OP wagon!!) Now...I really would like to see 159 ASAP please!

I just have 20 pounds to lose, and it's been that way most of my adult life. I am thankful that I haven't gained more over the years. I realise how fortunate I am for that, but 20 pounds is 20 pounds too many and since I haven't lost that much yet it is not noticeable to anyone but me when I shed a few pounds.

When I was in my 20s, I got down from 150 to 135 pounds by being completely OP eating and exercising-wise for 2 months. It seems that is the only way this extra 20 pounds will come off. At that time I was in College and one of the teachers commented on how great I looked. I am a singer and was on stage rehearsing at the time. She looked to the other singers and suggested that they could learn something from my discipline. I imagine the others didn't appreciate that, but it never got back to me if they did. They were all rather oblivious to my weight loss as they were self-absorbed with their own troubles (being in their 20s and all!).

Speaking of being OP, I think I'm into my 4th day or so of being OP. (Almost...not as perfect as I was in my 20s, but close enough!)

Last edited by Clykk; 01-22-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:47 PM   #157  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

QOTD: Well, people at my school say things, like I look like I've lost weight and my face is thinner... they were saying that after I lost only 2 lbs! Though, I bought my scale about 3 weeks after I got to Korea, which is about 1.5 weeks after I met everyone at my school... I was down 8 lbs in 3 weeks BUT I had gained 4 lbs my last week in America and I quickly gained back 3 of 8 lbs... so maybe -2 was actually -5 or -6? I'm just talking about all these mundane details because their comments surprised me... in the past, people haven't noticed for 20+ lbs.

My boyfriend didn't notice a change when I went 148 -> 173 nor 173 -> 159. He did notice my pants are looser.

Well, this is my last post until Feb 5. I'm taking a red eye to Manila, Philippines tonight, enduring 4 hours hanging out in the airport, then a 5:30 am flight to the island of Boracay, which was voted to have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I'll spend 5 days there, then a day in Singapore, then about 5 days in Phuket, Thailand, another place that's supposed to have amazing beaches. I'll spend 2 more days in Bangkok before coming home on another red-eye. The next day I'll have to be back at work! BUT I really wanted to take advantage of living halfway around the world so I'm using nearly every minute of vacation time ON vacation.

There will be no calorie counting, no restricting, but I'll try very hard not to overeat and to be as active as I can. I'd love to get in a mile of swimming each week for the Lazyman triathlon.

I'm posting my weight this week, taking a freebie next, and I'll be back in time to weigh in for Week 5.

buh-bye!

Edit: I broke my plateau! YAY! I've never been so happy to lose one measly lb before! I'm so happy to post a loss for the team and not another 0.

Last edited by joyra; 01-22-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:01 PM   #158  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi everyone! It has been a good week for weight loss. I am already down 3 lbs. But I am here asking forgiveness. At this next weeks WI, I may still be higher than my weight on Week 1 because of all the weight I gained the week of my surgery! I am so sorry it will affect our % but I promise, after this week, nothing but losses!!!

Last edited by bradleys mom; 01-22-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #159  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

No worries, Kimberly! It will all work out!!

Laurie, I really HOPE I've learned my lesson this time....I know I won't be perfect, but I know for a fact I can always do better!

Last edited by Jen415; 01-22-2009 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #160  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

clykk - congrats on staying OP!

joyra - have fun on vacation

bradleys mom - do not worry about it! just keep working hard. we don't mind a little gain, we're just glad you're still here with us!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:20 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

No worries Bradley's mom!!!

RED TEAM! I NEED SOME HELP!!

I'm feeling really low right now. My exercise has been great! I get up almost every morning between 4:30 - 5 am and run at least three miles, and I'm really proud of myself for doing it for a month now. But my eating is so not OP!!! I'm not terrible, but I'm terrible about 40% of the time, which is not good enough to see weight loss. It almost makes all my exercise seem like a waste . I don't know why I can't get this eating thing under control!!! I want this! I actually LIKE healthy food!!! So how is that a hamburger ends up on my plate instead of the chicken breast? I just went on a little mini binge too Luckily, I don't keep junk in the house, so I could only go so bad

I just needed to whine a bit It just aggravates me so much that I KNOW what I need to do, but I just can't get it together enough to DO it.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 PM   #162  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen415 View Post
Good morning, Red Team!

One other thing I've learned--it takes only ONE day off plan to ruin a whole week's worth of loss. I had a very high calorie day last Saturday (2600 calories!!) and have just now rid myself of the excess weight that was put on because of it. I do believe I have learned my lesson....LOL
Which is why I'm trying to turn my one cheat day into just one cheat meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post

Well, this is my last post until Feb 5. I'm taking a red eye to Manila, Philippines tonight, enduring 4 hours hanging out in the airport, then a 5:30 am flight to the island of Boracay, which was voted to have some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I'll spend 5 days there, then a day in Singapore, then about 5 days in Phuket, Thailand, another place that's supposed to have amazing beaches. I'll spend 2 more days in Bangkok before coming home on another red-eye. The next day I'll have to be back at work! BUT I really wanted to take advantage of living halfway around the world so I'm using nearly every minute of vacation time ON vacation.
Ugh, I should really hate you Joy! So jealous! Have fun and send me mental pictures of those beautiful beaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleys mom View Post
Hi everyone! It has been a good week for weight loss. I am already down 3 lbs. But I am here asking forgiveness. At this next weeks WI, I may still be higher than my weight on Week 1 because of all the weight I gained the week of my surgery! I am so sorry it will affect our % but I promise, after this week, nothing but losses!!!
Don't be silly, BM. At least you have a legit reason for a little gain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberD View Post

RED TEAM! I NEED SOME HELP!!

I'm feeling really low right now. My exercise has been great! I get up almost every morning between 4:30 - 5 am and run at least three miles, and I'm really proud of myself for doing it for a month now. But my eating is so not OP!!! I'm not terrible, but I'm terrible about 40% of the time, which is not good enough to see weight loss. It almost makes all my exercise seem like a waste . I don't know why I can't get this eating thing under control!!! I want this! I actually LIKE healthy food!!! So how is that a hamburger ends up on my plate instead of the chicken breast? I just went on a little mini binge too Luckily, I don't keep junk in the house, so I could only go so bad

I just needed to whine a bit It just aggravates me so much that I KNOW what I need to do, but I just can't get it together enough to DO it.
Amber, you are NOT ALONE! I'm having the same problem except I need to up my exercise too. I love my yogurt and veggies, why am I reaching for chips?! I decided today that this is it. We can beat this monster together!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #163  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Well, I haven't lost much yet, so nobody has noticed...lol

Wow, I don't know how you all keep up with the thread. I have to apologize for not having comments for individuals, it's all I can do to read the thread and comment on the QOTD.

Anyways, I sure hope everyone is having a great week!!
Old 01-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #164  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Okay let me see if I remember everything I wanted to say. First of all, people say things to me all the time about losing weight. I loved it at first, then men started noticing and I got a little self consious. In Dec. and Jan. I kind of got mad because I wasn't losing a thing and didn't know why they were making comments. I also have people tell me quite often they love my wardrobe and would like to raid my closet. Yep, I'll admit. I lost 50 pounds and can't stop buying clothes. It's mainly tops though, and those will fit for a while. They are all mediums.

Jen- How much of BL bootcamp are you doing? Level 1 seems pretty easy so I added on level 2. I thought BOB was trying to kill me. Couldn't open my eyes at ime because the sweat was stinging them so badly.

I am up on the scale (my mid-cycle gain) but hope it is done and can start getting back down now. Life is crazy busy this week and I have a ton to do. I will have more time on the weekend, so I'll catch up better then.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 PM   #165  
BELIEVE!

Hi Red team!

Popping in for a speedy hello! It's been a crazy week with very little time to catch up on things. Hopefully this weekend I can rejoin the chatty-ness.

Laters...