Old 01-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #46  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Well looks like this is definitely going to be my freebie week. From the surgery I am still retaining a lot of water and my belly button and surrounding area is still pretty swollen. I have added on 8 extra lbs since Tuesday. I am positive it is from the surgery, so I am looking for the next week to be phenomenal!!

QOTD: Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I do workout DVD's. I could start a rental store. lol My favorite are the BL 2 Workout (has Kim the trainer on it) and Leslie Sansone WATP workouts. Sometimes I go walking on a trail close to my house or I go to the Rec Center and hop on a treadmill.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:55 PM   #47  
Focused - Go RED!!

S/C/G: 248/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Don't go online for a couple days & I'm playing catch-up on the conversation!

QOTD: I have gym membership at a local place called Ultimate Fitness. They have a program called activtraks where they ask you your goals & then give you a guide-line for which muscles to train, what machines to use, & the amount of reps to do. It also give about 6 different ad exercises to do & suggest doing 45+ minutes of cardio.
I'd like to do some classes there but I'm just too nervous to actually go in & do them.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #48  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone.

I am just doing a flyby to get in on the new exercise challenge thread and to say hello.

I am hoping to have a new scale, this weekend. I made it clear to hubbs how important it is that I get one, so I am hoping...

Okay, I have to run. I think I'll have some time to catch up tomorrow. I hope everyone is having a good, on track day.

Later, gators.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:29 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 294/230/168

Height: 5"6

Good news today - my job has been made permanent! Well pleased and relieved - makes me feel a bit more secure financially.

Bad news is that I am totally exhausted and lacking in energy - felt ravenous all day, tummy rumbling with hunger and so I ended up going over my daily calorie allowance. I'm off to bed and hope I feel better in the morning!

Have a good one ladies - nearly time for another weigh in!
Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #50  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I just went an updated my weekend exercise challenge. I got in 30 min. of cardio and 25 min. of strength. I see a few people have updated theirs. Come on girls. Yep, it's the weekend, which can be tough. That's why we're dong this, right? Monday is just around the corner.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #51  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

How is everyone doing? I spent the day thinking and trying not to sink and came to two decisions....

#1 I'm going to go ahead and file my taxes. This might not make sense to yall but it's a big deal for me. Last year was my first substantial return and I had to spend it all on bills. I swore up and down this year would be different. I was going to get the WAH job and get my bills in order so that when I did file my taxes, I could use the return funds on ME. Of course, my computer crapping out on me has changed everything. I either file my taxes and use the money to get my bills straight, or lose my apartment. This is really depressing to me because I next to never have any money to spend on myself. But Leonidas and I need a roof over our head and he needs to see a vet ASAP....

#2 I'm bringing back my siggy piggy bank. After I choked down the idea of using my taxes on bills again, I thought of what I wanted to buy most of all with that money (besides a car): a red Ipod. Oh, I'm still getting my Ipod. But I have to lose the weight to get it. $5 a lb plus whatever I save from resisting fast food.

I need to get my Netflix back. I'm thinking of trying WATP.

QOTD: Right now, I work out at home. I miss taking classes at the gym but I just can't afford it.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:42 AM   #52  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

QOTD - I usually work out at the gym. I do mostly cardio (HIIT) and weight training, but occasionally I swim. I have some dvd's at home for when I can't make it to the gym...right now my favs are BL Yoga and BL Bootcamp. I keep trying to find anything else that will keep me moving and make me an active person who will never return to a couch potato. My most recent purchase for this goal was DDR for Wii...so far I'm a failure but I keep trying!!!

Speaking of new exercise...I tried a class called Power Pump this week at the gym. It was an hour class of low impact weight work meant to exhaust each muscle group. Well, I was exhausted and for the next 2 days could not sit comfortably or climb stairs well! I think I'll go back next week!!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss last week. Way to go Red!!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #53  
Michele

S/C/G: 215/209/130

Height: 5'1"

Smile

Hey Everybody,
I sure is cold here in Indiana this weekend!! I just wanted to pop in and get signed up for the new challenges and get caught up on the questions of the day. Looks like I only missed one.

Where do you workout. Do you take group classes or do it alone, etc?

I work out at home. I have a treadmill, weights and lots and lots of workout dvd's....lol When it gets warmer, I will be out walking my pup every night. Actually a goal of mine is to be able to at some point jog with her. My pup is a 70 lb, 8 month old german shepherd. She would love it if I would jog with her...lol

I wanted to congratulate all the "losers" from last week and I sure hope everyone is having an awesome week this week!!
Old 01-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #54  
Be the change

I'm happy with my progress this week. I've kept within my calories all week and upped my workouts to 45 min. I'm down 2.2 pounds this week.

Today I tried HIIT on my treadmill. It was going great until the circuit breaker went out. When I figured out what the problem was and got the treadmill back on, I didn't have the energy to keep doing HIIT. So I just finished my workout in steady state.

I hope everyone is having an OP weekend!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hey all!

Been a very busy week! I'll have to catch up with this thread a little later.

It's been bitter cold here in NC too. I've done great with my food and water this week. Not so much my exercise. But, I'm still down 2.5 pounds!

QOTD:

Alone and usually at home. Sometimes at a local walking trail. Mostly at home with my treadmill or DS's Wii.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:47 PM   #56  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I thought I had posted earlier today. Guess not. I was up yesterday, back down today. YEAH!!! I am hoping to get a little lower by Monday. Eating has been on track, working out is good (did 55 min. last night) and getting in some water. Must keep that scale inching down.

Keep up the good work ladies. We can do this thing and bring home a victory this week. Sounds like some blue members are struggling this week after their huge numbers last week.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #57  

Hi Red Team,
I would like to give my congrats to everyone who is dong good this week, Keep it up
And to those who aren't doing well I think I'm going to have to join you this week. It hasn't been a good week, and I don't think next week is going to be a lot better. I have a dr's appointment on Tuesday, and I hope they finally decide to do something, this is driving me crazy not knowing. a little history, I have a lump, and have had it for about a year. It is invisable on mammogram and US, but can be felt. I finally got a referal to a clinic that deals with this and they did a needle biopsy which was negative but said if it didn't go away in 3 months they would consider removing it. Tuesday is my 3 month appt and I want it out now. I am getting obsessed about it, everytime i'm in the shower I feel for it to see if it is still there, I think I check several times a day and it is making me crazy! I'm stress eating because of it and want tons of sugar and carbs. I think I'lll feel better agfter Tuesday. I think what bothers me the worst is I had thyroid cancer which was found in a cyst biopsy, and when I first went to me gyn she said she thought it was just a cyst. Sorry for all my rambling.

BetteK
Old 01-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #58  
Living Light

S/C/G: 171/171/160

Bette k - My goodness, I do hope you get this dealt with soon. It must be so distressing!

Sonja - What are you fearing, you ask? I am a singer and I have some performances coming up that are a stretch for me to do. Because I am stretching myself and because what I am doing is not as familiar as other gigs I do, I hit up against this fear of revealing myself in a new environment and way. Intellectually, I know there is nothing to fear, but emotionally, keeping myself hidden seems to take over. What is it that my mind and soul are hungry for, you ask? Hmm, I think I am trying to hold my fearful feelings down. So, I guess I'm hungry for emotional release of my fear through tears and anger, so that joy can shine on through. Thanks for asking. The tears are coming now as I admit that.

Thank you for your concern and words of encouragement everyone. Thanks for that quote from Jillian. It helps me to stop beating up on myself for my frustration and tears because if those feelings are merely fear leaving the body, then good riddance! Instead of thinking something is wrong, I'm going to welcome the frustration and tears because there's nothing more important to do here then release my fear because love is underneath it.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:07 AM   #59  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

BetteK, good luck to you! Yeah, I'd have a one-track mind about that sort of thing too. I hope it all turns out okay and you can get back to focusing on your weight loss.

First, those challenges are great! I think I said it before but I'm saying it again... without those challenges, I would be a couch potato, I know it! Thanks to the 3-2-1 challenge, I got in 220 minutes of exercise this weekend (3 days). And I'm already more than a 1/10 of the way finished with my running and biking for the Lazyman Triathlon.

That said, I appear to be at a plateau. Since this challenge started, I've worked out everyday except two, and that was the 1st & 3rd day of the challenge... so what, we're on like, the 14th day now? I've worked out 12/14 days, anywhere from 30-80 minutes, only two of those days were less than 60. I wasn't tracking my calories but I started again 5 days ago and everyday I've been between 1400-1500. I know the scale can be finicky but I also take my measurements every week too and I was UP like an inch in my thighs and not really any change elsewhere.

I'm just frustrated. This was my big push before heading off on my beach vacation and I haven't budged an inch.. well, I have, but in the wrong direction! It's just not making sense--eat less, move more, lose weight! I'm doing the first two, what about the 3rd? And it's a science... burn more calories than you put in and you will lose weight.

While at weigh-in, I am excited to see people losing, I am also envious! I just want to lose one lb this week! 1! And others are losing 2-10+ in one week! I can certainly gain 2-10 lbs in a week... but after more than 6 hours of exercise in a week, can't I lose one???

Okay, sorry, rant over!

I've got one more stressful week at work, a 2 week vacation to get ready for and another 5+ hours of exercise to get in this week. I just wish the weight loss fairy would throw me a bone!
Old 01-18-2009, 02:04 AM   #60  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys, just a quickie from me. I am sick as a dog and have been resting most of the day and totally failing my own cool 3-2-1 challenge. I might have walking pneumonia, and I am supposed to take it easy. If I am still sick on Monday I am going to have to go to the doctor which is a huge hassle (I'm a military dependent and the hospital is understaffed and I can never get an appt and it's an hour away, ugh!). I am hoping they give me a referral to an urgent care clinic and I get some medication to help me get rid of this because it's driving me batty to not be moving around and exercising!

bradleys mom - feel better and take it easy!

MissVitality - congrats on your job becoming permanent!

All the others I missed, and there are quite a few, I will get to you! Congrats to the people who have already weighed in for week 2 and have posted losses! We can do this!
I hope you guys are having a great weekend. I am luckily holding at 168 so far so I can at least contribute 1 pound to our loss this week. I checked all the cold and cough medicines and also the cough drops I have been taking and wow talk about sugar and HFCS - no wonder my loss has stalled. I can't wait to be well again!

Bette k - hang in there girl. i think that would drive me batty as well and i hope the docs decide to just remove it and be done with it.

mtiger - congrats on staying OP for so long. I know it's going to pay off and once you get away from the high 190s I swear it gets easier. There is something about hanging at 195-200. It must be a plateau number or something. It took me a long time of losing, gaining, etc until I got down to 190 and then it got easier. I hope you get there too and blow us all out the water!