Old 01-20-2009, 08:31 PM   #121  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Congrats to aangel22 and Mindy! And, thanks for the congrats on being a runner-up, I wasn't expecting that at all.

And, I now understand what you mean about the water/sodium level, but I guess I don't have a problem since I do take in enough sodium to make things work. The water poisoning is possible, but not likely unless you are really taking in a lot. I drink an average of 60oz (trying to get that to 80), so I know I'm okay, but if you drink more than 80oz, yeah I can see it going on.

It's cold today in Florida! Yes, its not bad all things considering, but its windy cold and that stinks! Going to start my 30-day Bally membership tomorrow I think unless I'm not feeling well still (been very tired, so need to overcome that).
Old 01-20-2009, 08:34 PM   #122  
Believe it, be it

Oh, and willow, I have a weak bladder too, so I'm going to have to figure out how to work my water intake when I start my new job. I can't just be getting up every 15 or 20 minutes to pee when I'm working a call center job. Gotta drink the majority of it early before work and then later I guess.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #123  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Yay! Thank you for the congrats! I was really surprised I was the biggest loser this week, especially since it is that TOM. I'm really happy about it though, really helps me stay motivated! Also, congratulations to RangerChic and mtiger! Everybody keep up the hard work! It is so worth it!
Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #124  
Ready for baby #2

S/C/G: 245/238.8/140

Height: 5/3

Good evening all! i feel so out of the loop I feel like I have been gone for days. oh wait I have been...out on the road with no internet. I will catch up on the chatter tomorrow. I can't keep my eyes open one more minute, and I know how important sleep is to weight loss. Good night!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerChic View Post

It's cold today in Florida! .
yes it is, and I do NOT like it. I hate cold. Im in Jacksonville, what part are you in?
Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #126  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

aangel
congrats.

knob
Bet you are glad to get moved in. I know that is a lot of work. Now you can get things back to a schedule you want.

Jen
The fluctuation is one of the reasons many people don't weigh more than once a week. You, most of the time, can't tell how you are doing one day to the next and it can be depressing when you see the scale going the wrong way.

Healthy food added
Have to say I haven't really added anything. Over the last year or so I have found a way to eat the daily requirement of all the food groups. Each day I eat something different. It takes a whole lot of food to get those required amounts eaten lol.

It was -13 here the other night. We dream of 40 degree weather lol.

I was so glad to see we had until 11:59 pm yesterday to get our weigh ins done. I thought mine was in late. I pick one day a week to post my weigh in. My Internet was out and I didn't get to do it until about 3 pm yesterday. Am sure happy about that lol. Think I am going to go back to doing my post on Wednesday instead of Saturday so I don't have to worry about the Internet thing. We have that problem sometimes during the winter.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-20-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #127  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
yes it is, and I do NOT like it. I hate cold. Im in Jacksonville, what part are you in?
Orlando. Let me tell you, I know we have it easy, but this cold front is still no fun.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #128  
Tanya

S/C/G: 262/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

AANGEL22 way to go!!!!

RANGERCHIC/MTIGER congrats to you also

QOTD New foods...there are so many!!! I not only had a very bad diet (about 80% take out) but a very limited diet. I have found out that i LOVE zucchini, edemame, black beans and coffee. I've learned that I like spicy foods. I love red grapes now and this week I have been trying new types of apples. Previously I only ate red delicious and very infrequently. Now I have found that Gala apples are even better!! Seriously...there were so many foods I was missing...what a pleasant surprise these new foods have been.

BOXING I know this must be a great workout. I've tried the boxing with WII sports and that really gets you moving, so I can only imagine how really hitting something with gloves on would be!

Have spent this whole day glued to the inauguration on tv! But a positive is that 2 of those hours I watched at the gym while working out!! Awesome day!!

Last edited by TSap; 01-20-2009 at 11:42 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Just a quick pop in to say Congratulations to aangel22!! and all the other losers last week
Old 01-21-2009, 08:12 AM   #130  
Eat Less Move More

S/C/G: 186/164/125

Height: 5'3"

Morning Red Team!!!

Congratulations to all the losers!!!

I'm PMS'ing and have been feeling evil for a couple days now. Well yesterday I ended up eating over 2100 calories; not a total binge but bad enough. This was my first "off" day in over six weeks so I guess I shouldn't whine.

I feel better this morning. Hope you all have a great day.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I'm not doing too well on the exercise front. I started a new project (cross stitch) and although it does keep me from snacking at night, I don't want to exercise, because it cuts into my stitching time. I was suppose to do Jillian's circuits last night, but once I got up in my room I only did two (out of five) before I gave up. I know it is my fault for putting it off until after dinner (huge mistake), and I'm going to try and finish it off tonight, plus do the walking that I have scheduled. I've got to be really careful this week, as TOM is going to hit right before weigh in, and I am not going to post a gain.

At least I can control my eating. My sister made a whole slew of chocolate truffles Sunday, and I've only eaten 1/2 of one!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:13 AM   #132  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Red Team!)

YAY to Angel, Shannon and Mindy!!

BOO to the Blue Team for barely beating us!!

ShyMoment, RE: weighing daily: I've learned to not let the number on the scale dictate my day. It's just a measurement, that's all. Life goes on, no matter what the scale says.

That being said...Those two pounds from yesterday came off overnight. I'm still up a pound from last week's official weigh-in, but I am gonna drown that pound in water and sweat it out!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #133  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Congrats to Becky, Mindy and Shannon for being our Biggest Losers this week!! You all did an awesome job. Keep up the good work.

Not much new with me today. Back to work after having 6 days off. I think I could really get into the whole, retirement don't have to go to work every day, type of thing. Oh well, someday. Guess I'll just keep dreaming about it! I hopped on the scale this morning and saw a 2# gain!!! ACK!!!!!!!!!!! I haven't been drinking my water so I guess I'll start with that and see how that goes.

I'm the only one in the office today so I better get off here and try to accomplish something this afternoon. I'll check back in tomorrow. Be good to yourselves.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #134  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Happy Hump Day everyone. I apologize for not getting a LCW out yesterday morning. I haven't been sleeping well at all (3am posts by me are proof of that) with this lingering cough, so I have been so forgetful lately. I am now writing what I need to do on my desk calendar so I won't skip anything. I hope you guys just did one of the old ones or something of your own. My sick butt just sat in fetal with a blanket watching it, mad that I can't be as active as I would like!

So, let's do a new QOTD!

What is your next mini goal? This could be pounds lost, certain size, fast time for run/swim/bike etc. It's not all abut the scale! How will you reward yourself for meeting this goal?

My next mini goal is to be in a size 10. When that happens I get to buy some clothes because I won't have any! I'm not going too crazy though because I plan on getting to an 6/8 before I'm done. I will definitely buy a pair of jeans though if my 12s are getting too big!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #135  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

My next mini goal is 157 because it will mean I am out of the plateau I've been in for a month.

Also, 155 will be 10% lost.

I would love to get my thighs below 26 inches.

And I also have a couple clothing items that are snug. Once those fit, I can go back into my storage and pull out the next batch of too-snug clothes to work my way into. I'm excited for that.

Well, I've eased up oh-so-slightly on exercise for a couple days and I am back at the low end of my plateau, 158.4. I'm praying for a miracle as tomorrow is the last time I can weigh-in for the week before I leave and that would be AWESOME to hit 71.5 kg (157.3). Otherwise, my weight loss for the week will be another good egg.

Even though I have so much to do before I leave, I spent a couple hours yesterday reading about the science of weight loss.... basal metabolic rate, net calories, muscle calories, etc. I think I need to eat more or exercise less. It doesn't make sense to me but many people have complained of plateaus with low calories and high exercise.

Oh yeah, and congrats to our team's biggest losers!