Old 09-29-2008, 09:42 AM   #181  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
Raindancer--What is ICBINBS?
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Not exactly paradise in a spray bottle, but not bad. I am a butter freak and this is a pretty good sub.

[quote=Hun.e.B;2384532]Monday's Question of the day

In the past 14 days what is one thing you have done that you are extremely proud of...and have you told people in your "real life" about it?[quote]

I have been binge free for a little more than 14 days, now. Huge, for me. No, I haven't told anyone. I don't talk much about what I am doing with anyone in my home.

So, yesterday was another good, on track day. I weighed in and only lost 3 lbs according to my wacky, psycho scale. Sorry it wasn't more. I think my bod is playing tricks. I am retaining some fluid in my legs, this morning. I think I had a bit too much sodium, yesterday.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

It's good and bad to see that I'm not the only one that's been hiding her head in the sand the last week. I completely pigged out yesterday! I'm not proud about it, and I know that it did some damamge. I'm still having a really hard time with motivation to exercise... depression's setting in - and this should be the happiest time of my life! I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 5 DAYS!!!! As excited as I am about it - I just wish that other people (mainly family) were excited too. It really bums me out. My future MIL is really the only supportive person of this whole thing. I'm sick of getting lectures, and "talks". My dad's wife told me on Saturday "You know you don't have to get married" WHAT??!??! I know I don't HAVE to, but I love this man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him! I wish people could see how incredible he really is. *sigh*

I can tell myself all i want that they don't matter, and I KNOW I'm doing the best thing for me and DD... but the truth is, it hurts.... and it makes me depressed... Luckily I have my food under control (yesterday was a DEFINATE exception) otherwise I'd completely balloon up until I was past my starting point.

Sorry to come in and complain... ugh...

Last edited by Enygirl; 09-29-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #183  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm View Post
Melissa: It's awesome to be able to fit into smaller pants, isn't it? I went jeans shopping because Jeans West had a sale and my old stuff is hanging off me. I tried on a pair of 18s (I was a 20) and they didn't fit right, so I asked the girl for a different style. She looked at me funny and just said "they're too big! Try a 16". I thought she was totally nuts but went along with her anyway, and guess what? She was right! So now I have 2 pairs of size 16 jeans that fit - woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
i have no clue what's up with my scale this morning...i got on it probably a dozen times....no 2 times said the same thing.....said anything between 129 to 137 lbs...
That drives me crazy! That's one of the reasons I get obsessive about weighing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modcat44 View Post
Funny about the new thing to try--I was just telling myself to try the Zumba class at my gym. I am not a good, coordinated dancer or good at complicated aerobics stuff, but I have decided to go and try this now this week b/c of this challenge. It sounds fun, anyway.
I am very uncoordinated. I love my Zumba though. I will tell you that it took me a while to "get it." Don't let the complicated steps intimidate you. As long as you're moving, you're doing your body good. So what if you aren't doing the steps exactly like the instructor. As long as you're having fun and working your body, then all is good! One day out of nowhere, something will click (at least it did for me). I hope you enjoy it!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #184  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Week 3 Red Team Challenge!!

This Week team, I am challenging each and every one of us to TRY SOMETHING NEW!

Only stipulation is that it has to be something HEALTHY

Whether it be a new fruit or veggie you've never had before. Maybe a new workout. A new walking route. A new recipe.

You choose! But you've got to come back and share with your Red Team what it was that you chose!! I for one can't wait to hear what you've done!!!

Have fun!!

You always do this to me! You challenge us to do something new (which I find difficult) AFTER I've done something new the week before! Now I gotta put my thinking cap back on! (Oooo...thinking...is that new? )
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #185  
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
It's good and bad to see that I'm not the only one that's been hiding her head in the sand the last week. I completely pigged out yesterday! I'm not proud about it, and I know that it did some damamge. I'm still having a really hard time with motivation to exercise... depression's setting in - and this should be the happiest time of my life! I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 5 DAYS!!!! As excited as I am about it - I just wish that other people (mainly family) were excited too. It really bums me out. My future MIL is really the only supportive person of this whole thing. I'm sick of getting lectures, and "talks". My dad's wife told me on Saturday "You know you don't have to get married" WHAT??!??! I know I don't HAVE to, but I love this man and I want to spend the rest of my life with him! I wish people could see how incredible he really is. *sigh*

I can tell myself all i want that they don't matter, and I KNOW I'm doing the best thing for me and DD... but the truth is, it hurts.... and it makes me depressed... Luckily I have my food under control (yesterday was a DEFINATE exception) otherwise I'd completely balloon up until I was past my starting point.

Sorry to come in and complain... ugh...
It's okay. We all need a safe place where we can let it out. I wish you joy in your upcoming marriage. Maybe in time, those who don't agree with your choice will come to like him better and see how right he is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
(Oooo...thinking...is that new? )
It is for me, most days...
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Sorry ladies, there is just no way I'm going to be able to catch up on posts. The baby was sick all last week and it was a really rough week. He's still not sleeping good yet and it's killing me. I am only getting a couple of hours of very interrupted sleep. I slipped up really bad and am having trouble getting myself back on track, but I am determined to. I'm counting today as a new day and starting over again.

I just hope Jared cooperates and let's me start getting sleep. Any advice for getting him back to sleeping would also be greatly appreciated. He's overly clinging and throws a fit when I try putting him to bed. Then, after he's asleep and I put him in his bed, he sleeps for a while and wakes up crying and screaming until I get him.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #187  

Mel - thanks for the words of wisdom. Now if I can get back to eating healthfully...

Well, I went with a friend to KC yesterday to do some shopping. I noticed as I was pulling out last years winter clothes that very few pants fit well enough to work this year. We had lunch with my friend's son and his family for his birthday and then went shopping. Had I been more reasonable with my lunch choices (not too bad for a buffet) and not had TOM/cramps, I may have been more receptive to pants shopping, but alas...I only found one pair. I did find several shirts and a cute necklace/earrings set. My friend was expecting some extra money for this trip but found out that it won't be coming until next month, so we'll probably go back again in a few weeks. I should have more money by then too!

I'm feeling better today from the cold symptoms (go Zicam!) but still have cramps. They should be over soon, I hope.

Have a great day, teamies!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:19 AM   #188  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Monday's Question of the day

In the past 14 days what is one thing you have done that you are extremely proud of...and have you told people in your "real life" about it?
I have done more workouts than I have in a while, and I have been doing them with intent and intensity And I told my mother about WATP (what I use) when she came to visit during Labor Day weekend. And after she got home I sent her one of my WATP newsletter emails showing a streamed video of the month....so she looked at it and decided that nothing else was working ad she'd give it a try. Well she enjoyed it and joined the Walk Club that Leslie has yippee!! she's been walking every morning since then (for at least 2-3 weeks now) and was very happy to report to me yesterday in an email that she broke thru her plateau!! She's been stuck at 202 for at least 3-4 months, and yesterday she weighed in at 198!! She was so glad she finally broke into Onelander, it's been a long time! So She is telling everyone she knows (esp our family) about Leslie's WATP dvds (as am I) and we're hoping together we can get our family fit! My aunt (mom's older sister) is very unhealthy and is having to use a sleep apnea machine every night, so we're hoping we can get her moving as well and help her drop the extra weight and help her with all her health problems. We are all getting very excited! Mom is driving my Granny (mom's mom) to VA next month, and mom has already told her THEY are going to do at least a mile each morning before starting their day So she's gonna get granny involved too I'm so excited for myself and my mom and for the rest of my family.

I had told my neighbors abotu the WATP I use and we did it some at the end of last school year and this summer...but we've had a falling out and are no longer on speaking terms....but I fear they aren't doing anything anymore to help them lose the weight they want to lose.....they've gotten 'comfortable' and they wont listen to anything me (or my little kids) have to say to them regardless of the topic. oh well....i tried.

but as for me and my whole family....we CAN do this and ARE doing this!!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #189  
Go Cubs Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joylove26 View Post
Sorry ladies, there is just no way I'm going to be able to catch up on posts. The baby was sick all last week and it was a really rough week. He's still not sleeping good yet and it's killing me. I am only getting a couple of hours of very interrupted sleep. I slipped up really bad and am having trouble getting myself back on track, but I am determined to. I'm counting today as a new day and starting over again.

I just hope Jared cooperates and let's me start getting sleep. Any advice for getting him back to sleeping would also be greatly appreciated. He's overly clinging and throws a fit when I try putting him to bed. Then, after he's asleep and I put him in his bed, he sleeps for a while and wakes up crying and screaming until I get him.
I remember those days. When you have a baby, it is hard enough to get time to breathe, much less catch up on fast moving threads or, gasp! sleep. Babies so don't like to let mommy sleep. Can you hand baby over to hubbie or your mom or someone so that you can have a nice bath and a nice, long, restorative nap? I know that it won't make baby sleep, but it will refresh and regenerate you so that you can more easily deal with a difficult little one. When my son was tiny, I had to do that from time to time. And it really helped.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:11 AM   #190  
Bev

S/C/G: 180/171.6/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Week 3 Red Team Challenge!!

This Week team, I am challenging each and every one of us to TRY SOMETHING NEW!
This will be tough for me. I really don't like new foods. I will have to think about his.

In the past 14 days what is one thing you have done that you are extremely proud of...and have you told people in your "real life" about it?

I am trying to eat better and be more mindful of what I eat.

Last edited by Bev; 09-29-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #191  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:

I walked 7 miles one day. I have exercised 12 of the last 14 days.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #192  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

QOTD: I'm proud of my weight loss and how I'm staying more active. I still need to improve both, but have made nice progress. My doctor told me that I would have to make major life style changes to loose more than 20 lbs. and my goal is next May to show her that I was able to make the life style changes. Don't get me wrong... I love my doctor. Where she was wrong is that they are not major changes, just little changes that really add up.

My net loss since starting Biggest Looser is 1.4 lbs. I had to start the hard way by gaining 1.4 lbs... Oh well, that's unfortunately is my style.

Have a great week everyone
Old 09-29-2008, 11:14 AM   #193  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amany View Post
I have found two new workout classes. One is a free step aerobics class on Mondays and Wednesdays. Another is a belly dancing class that's only $13. Bellydancing is supposed to be a great cardio workout, but it also tones you. I'm going to shoot for at least one of the step aerobics, plus the bellydancing.
I LOVE Belly dancing. I must have 8 0r 9 different workouts saved on my DVR From the Shimmy show that comes on Fit-TV.

QOTD (The last 2 I think):
No I don't smile at myself in the mirror, Unless I have just fixed my hair and make up and think I am having an especially pretty day. and No I haven't done anything that I am proud of enough to brag about to REAL life peeps about.

Well, I posted a tiny little loss. Guess it's something. I haven't been around much because I am very depressed and in a funk. I don't care about my weigh loss issues, I don't care to exercise. I've lost interest in things I normally enjoy. I just really don't see the point in any of it anymore. Not only depressed but EXTREMELY moody & irritable. That all being said, I kind of like to avoid chatting and talking to and being around people in general when I get like this.

Have a great OP week and I hope RED WINS this time.

~Hugs.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #194  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Well, I posted a tiny little loss. Guess it's something. I haven't been around much because I am very depressed and in a funk. I don't care about my weigh loss issues, I don't care to exercise. I've lost interest in things I normally enjoy. I just really don't see the point in any of it anymore. Not only depressed but EXTREMELY moody & irritable. That all being said, I kind of like to avoid chatting and talking to and being around people in general when I get like this.
, my friend. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you!
Old 09-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I finally did a 5K in under 40mins! I definitely told people about that!!

I get way behind on personals, but I'm going to give it a shot!
Chrissie - Good job refocusing on exercise. I'm sure you'll be seeing some awesome results!

Melissa - I'm always impressed by those who can hula-hoop. I've never been able to do it at all (and I've tried larger hoops).

Cathy - With mowing, walking and an exercise tape, you are really rocking today! Keep up the good work!!

Erika - Wow, binge free for 14 days! 3lbs is awesome, wish I lost that much!

Eny - Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Too bad everyone is being as supportive as could be wished, but it is great that you've kept your eating under control, and I'm glad the FMIL is on your side.

Karen - I know you can think of something new (and when you do, let me know, cause I need all the ideas I can get!)

Joyce - Poor little tyke. Sick babies are so miserable, and they do like to spread it around. Here's hoping you both get some rest!

Mandey - Congrats to your mom for breaking into onderland. It is great when your family members join in your quest to be healthy!

Bev - The more mind you give to your food, the less space it will need in your thighs!! ;D

I know that I'm not suppose to complain about losing slowly, but I need to take a little bit of time here to rant about my parents. My Mom started losing weight a couple of months after me, and she is already down to a size 4. Granted she wasn't nearly as big as me, but she didn't hardly do anything. She claimed to be following the "no flour, no sugar" diet, but anytime we had something she liked that had flour or sugar, she would eat it, so I don't know how she lost the weight. She did walk several times a week. My Dad just decided to lose weight 2-3 months ago, and he has already lost 35lbs! Just cutting back and walking 10000 steps a day. I'm eating just 1500 calories, almost no sugar, and running/walking 4.25 miles a day, and I've lost only 0.6lbs in a week. Seriously, I don't think this is fair at all.

Last edited by MonteCristo; 09-29-2008 at 11:32 AM.