Old 09-30-2008, 09:17 PM   #286  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Lisa, .

Retiredone, Woo hoo on the tens! I hope they fit. If they don't, they will, very soon.

Thank you all for your hugs and encouragement. It really helped me get over yesterday. I have said it before... I'll say it again. I couldn't do this without all of you.

I am having a much, much better day, today. On track, got in a solid 40 minute cardio workout and drank a gracious plenty of water. I am feeling much better and more optimistic. Depression is a harsh mistress and tho I fight hard to keep on keeping on, sometimes the biotch kicks my arse.

I still need to have my dinner... Can't decide what I want. Unfortunately, I drank a big old latte after 4:00 this afternoon. So, I am not very hungry and the caffeine is going to keep me buzzing for hours. But, I needs me nutrition. Probably a Lean Cuisine and a pile of steamed broccoli.

I have TBL all set to record. As usual, I will watch it tomorrow morning. I like to exercise while watching it. I am going to shoot for a minimum of 60 minutes, during the program.

I hope everyone is having a great night. Hugs for everyone who needs or wants one.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:25 PM   #287  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Damn TOM. Those two lbs I lost last week? They're baacccckkkk! *pouts*

BTW, why is our WI thread closed down? I was trying to post my weight for Week 3 and the thread had that little lock thing on it.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Shari - Mel will unlock it soon. She locks it so that she can do the results. BTW - I MISS YOU LIKE My !!!

I just got done watching the 2nd 1/2 of TBL. I had a *feeling* that was how this week was going to go. I can't imagine having to make that decision though! AHH!!

I was a good girl, and did the LC challenge. (This is my bragging spot!) My commercial breaks went like this:
Break 1 - Step up and down - the entire thing
Break 2 - Step from side up other side down - entire thing
Break 3 - Buttocks workout (leg lifts etc.) - 1/2 of the break
Break 4 - Bicycle crunches - 1/2 of break.

This was AFTER I did day 1 of 30 day shread!!! Yes I'm tooting my own horn - but I feel GREAT after I actually work out! Now I just have to keep it up! Hopefully rereading this thread tomorrow night and remembering how I feel right now will get me to do Day 2!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I was a good girl, and did the LC challenge. (This is my bragging spot!) My commercial breaks went like this:
Break 1 - Step up and down - the entire thing
Break 2 - Step from side up other side down - entire thing
Break 3 - Buttocks workout (leg lifts etc.) - 1/2 of the break
Break 4 - Bicycle crunches - 1/2 of break.

This was AFTER I did day 1 of 30 day shread!!! Yes I'm tooting my own horn - but I feel GREAT after I actually work out! Now I just have to keep it up! Hopefully rereading this thread tomorrow night and remembering how I feel right now will get me to do Day 2!!!!
Way to Go! toot! toot!

I didn't get the LCW in tonight, but I did do my 30 minutes before the show!
Old 09-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #290  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I never get to the site in time to check out the last chance workout. I did my own though. WATP 2 miles for 30 min., then I jogged a half mile. Eating was good today. Weight was down a tidbit, .4. I am hoping for more tom. It is certainly coming off much slower than it went on.

Miriam- Congrats on losing that weight.

Eny- I am going to fit in some Jillian this week. I haven't done it in a while. She works ya hard. The wedding sounds very nice.

Terri- Sounds like my summer. I worked in the yard, alot. What kind of horses do you have? We have one Quarter horse who is mostly blind. An unfortunate eye injury that was misdiagnosed. My DD still rides here and loves her to death.

Sorry I don't have time for more personals. When I get home it is dinner, grading papers while watching BL and then I can get on the computer. One last thing.

October goal- to be under 200 pounds. Come on, it has got to happen.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi team,

I should be studying but thought I'd drop a quicky post. I didn't so much do a LCW during the commercials but I did do 35 minutes on the spinner while watching. I also listened to "Cadence Revolution" podcast on my ipod while watching and spinning. Great music to spin by.

With that, I'm hitting the books. Someone asked when I'm taking the CPA exam. I'm taking my first section on November 10. These days you can take it one part at a time; there are four. This is my first sitting for my first part. I agree about the cost as they seem to get you coming and going with fees. There is a price for taking it one at a time.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #292  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys!

Just waiting for the show to start here. Then I will do the LC stairs workout, as I worked today, and didn't get in my exercise yet. I have exercised 11 days in a row, so I'm not about to break my streak now!

Jasonslea--oh no! TOM is here for me now, and I'm hoping for a good WI next week. I just hope I don't re-gain it the following!

Rain Dancer--yeah, it's hard to get through those depression days. I think we all have them sometimes. Here's a thought--Go Cubbies! Also White Sox--yaay! Currently ahead of the Twins tonight 1-to-zip!

Miriam--

Retiredone-- Dontcha' just looove it when people start commenting on your loss and how good you look? 'Course, it kinda always makes me feel like, well, how badly DID I look before......

Armywife--yum! Your grilled dinner sounds good! Enjoy your hub b4 he has to leave....

crazy4--That's alright hon. Those peanut m&m's were just what grandma wanted you to enjoy right then.

Terri-- wow! Sounds like you have a LOT to do! I love riding also--used to have two horses and went to the shows all the time, etc.
I miss those days....

Beth-- WTG on the Sept. goals! I have to think about mine.....

Eny--You have been posting and keeping up quite well, and with your other thread also! And all during this crazy pre-wedding time for you. I honestly don't know how you could be any more supportive or present here!

Andi--your going to the gym and your boot camp will be more than enough exercise for the LC tonight! Kudos for being a self-starter with your friend and doing your own version of it even though it was cancelled.

Keilly--many of us here have started with just a fast walk/sometime slow jog with the 5K. My time originally was at least 60 minutes. (Just last year, as a matter of fact.) Honestly, I can hardly believe I can do it in 40 minutes now! But I still plan on getting faster, better and to actually try soon to NOT WALK at all--well, that may be another 3 months away, but soon.....

blueyedlvr--one fave meal is marinated/blackened chx on grill, marinated heirloom tomatoes/onions in a really good drizzle of balsamic with just a splash of EVOO, topped with fresh herbs and herbed feta cheese, and finish with grilled peach halves (sprayed with PAM) topped with non-fat light vanilla yogurt. Healthy, satisfying flavors, and with end of summer tomatoes, yum!

Vanetta--yes, go on the cruise! You deserve it, it has been planned and paid for, and who knows what next year may bring? There will be many priceless memories to come out of it. I do think your mom would want you to go.

stranger--just try not to again! Don't eat it if it looks like you will! It's not worth it!

Bette, Yelie-- on your SBD re-start! I am not doing it exactly, but have done it in the past, and still follow some of it's general guidelines.

Diva--

Melissa--I know others have said it, but GOOD JOB with this team challenge! THANK YOU! Now you won't kick me out, will ya?

OK, my October goal--to get to mid-180's, to still exercise 6 out of 7 days/week, to continue to expand my horizons with new healthy recipes when my palate is feeling jaded, to continue to curb my eating out.

And what new food shall I try? Hmmm, is there a food I don't really like?
Maybe I'll try gizzards, not, brains, no no, pig's feet, nuh uh! Worms, bugs, grasshoppers? No, no, and NO. OK, I've got to think about this some more.........
Old 10-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Mwah~! The four-legged furries broke my cable connection - RIGHT BEFORE THE BIGGEST LOSER WEIGH IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*whine*

and a big old *pout*

Wow, I so didn't need this right before my TOM!!!!

I better put myself to bed before I skin one of the beasts, can someone PM me who got booted off the show?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #294  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Miriam for taking the top prize this week!

Thanks for the good wishes Karen

Yay - I did the Last Chance Workout! I look forward to those (well mostly as long as the challenge doesn't involve the words chair and pose in the same sentence ) It's a little something extra to get some omph into the day.

I did it, just went a little slower than usual but things got moving and that's what mattered.

I have to go to sleep now because you have given me cake on the brain. Good thing there's nothing remotely like it in the house.

Last edited by happy2bme; 10-01-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:51 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
The she proceeded to tell me that she remembers me coming in to the store for years and that I was much bigger and that I really look good. She was almost gushy at times but I was enjoying her conversation. She wanted to know how I did it and how much I lost, etc.
Wow, that feels so great, doesn't it! Feeling the change within ourselves is one thing, but hearing others recognize that change from the outside is another. it always sends me wanting to binge, so glad you don't have those issues I hope the 10's fit.

Oh, and your workout makes me jealous I haven't been able to indulge my workout addiction since I started this freelance work ***sigh*** I'll have to live through you for now.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:59 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Okay, 1 AM and i am just now getting around to setting October goals. I need desperately to get more exercise back in my schedule...I miss it so bad I"m craving it! So that is going to be my goal...one to two hours every single day this month. Going to make a counter thing of some sort in my siggy so you all can kick my butt if I miss a day
Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 AM   #297  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

GOOD MORNING OCTOBER!!! I'm up too early before the crack of dawn. The sun is only now just starting to peek over the horizon but I've been up for almost 2 hours. Mom was up and upset so I just got up and stayed up but I think I'm headed back to bed soon.

Here are my goals for October. Last month's were the same but I didn't lose the 5 pounds like I wanted but I'm going to try again this month.

Goals for October
:
*Walk 5K/Bike 5K/35 Counter Push-ups: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
*Circuit training: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (at least 2x)
*Portion size and calorie counting (1200-1400 calories per day)
*No junky snacks
*Eat sufficient food not to be hungry and at least 5 fruits and vegetables a day
*Take a multi-vitamin each day
*Lose 5 pounds by end of October

I tried on the jeans last night and they fit lovely from the waist down. Ha, ha. It's the muffin top they give me that looks awful. But they do look really nice and I can't wait to actually wear them officially outside the house. I think 10 pounds should do it so I'll have them for Christmas wearing for sure. In the meantime I have 2 pair of size 12 casual pants that will take me through for public appearances (shopping ). My size 14 jeans are getting a bit baggy in the bum but they still OK for around the house and back and forth to the grocery store here in town.

I'm all dressed and ready to start exercising but I'm too sleepy to start. Mom was up too early this morning and so that means I was too. I need to go back to bed for a couple of hours, methinks.

Rain Dancer glad you got back on track yesterday. You are doing so well.

Purplefirefly, I'm just the opposite when I get compliments. It just spurs me on to a better day. I was starving when I came home last night and did have one cookie but I then ate a bowl of cereal with milk and yogurt and stayed well within my calorie range.

You gals did great with the LCW. I was going to do it while watching tv last night as I don't get TBL but was so tired my legs felt like lead. But I'm going to do it today watching the news. And many thanks to Melissa for all her hard work as our mighty leader.

Gone to have a nap. ZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by retiredone; 10-01-2008 at 06:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 AM   #298  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

HAPPY OCTOBER!!

I feel really good this morning. I weighed myself, and I'm back down to #187.4 - which is GREAT since after this past weekend's fiasco I was up to #189.6! I'm still working on getting back to last week's weigh in weight!

Ok - October goals
EXERCISE!
Walk 20+ miles (with the help of Leslie Sansone)
15 days of 30 Day Shred (5 days at each level)
Yoga on Sundays
FOOD!
Drink min of 80 oz. Water a day
Eat sensibly - and NOT over eat
WEIGHT!
Be down to #175 by Halloween
Measure and see some inches lost
LIFE!
To ENJOY MY WEDDING
Take some time for ME!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:19 AM   #299  

S/C/G: 250/187/150

Height: 5'4"

I have been doing a great job during this challenge.
Down almost 4 lb first weigh in, and another 4 lb the second one (yay!).
I am very busy, however, and do not have enough time to keep up with all the chatting. Because of that, I really do not feel part of the 'team'. The motivation and encouragement I thought I would have as part of this challenge isn't really happening for me.
Because of that, I am going to bow out. I think I can do better and focus better that way.
Good luck to everybody! I hope you all reach your goals.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:30 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Carrie - That is just awesome! 8lbs in two weeks.

October Goals
Run/Walk 100 miles
Exercise 1600 mins
Run 5K in 36 mins
Lose 5lbs
Drop a pant size

Last edited by MonteCristo; 10-01-2008 at 08:30 AM.