Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #31  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

I cracked last night. I have been doing so well but as soon as everybody went to bed I started scrounging for junk food. I didn't have to look too hard to find it either. I went to bed in tears and feeling sick. And this morning I woke up ravenous. I don't understand why I am always so much hungrier the morning after a late night binge.

I know I need to let it go. Today is a new day. My problem is that I am very much an all or nothing girl. If I can't do something absolutely perfectly then I just quit and won't do it at all.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Crazy4weightloss - When I have that hungry feeling that just won't go away I make an open faced tomato sandwich with HUGE tomato slices and olive oil mayo. Two points and quite filling. If I want a little extra zip I pour some balsamic vinegar on it. Good luck!! You can do it!!

Crownshape - Thanks for the background on the pic! I haven't been to Florida . . . maybe someday.

Keillynsmom - THANKS!

Trying2bbuff - Here's a link to a really healthy snack. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...=123981&page=6
It's the Big Breakfast Cookie. They are filling and very nutritious. The addition of non-fat powdered milk really ups the protein. You could use regular sugar for your boys and for my kids, I add some peanut butter and sometimes chocolate chips, I wish mine liked nuts! How exciting for your sons!

dkneed19 - That woman is STRANGE. Do you have something ready for the next time she pulls her food pushing? How about something like, "Have you ever talked with a professional about WHY you feel the need to push food onto people? Did you parents do this to you?" LOL!!

Eny - Good luck with your potential new job!

Big hug to all you gals getting your exercise and staying on plan!! Crazy4weightloss, cakses, jasonslea, Shawski, Eny, Bev, Naia, Diva, Tina30, This time is different, & Melissa and anybody I missed!

Bettek - BIG HUG!! My step-son is in Kabul. Where is your son headed?

Mindy - YOU CAN DO IT! Onederland is just around the corner!

Holly - For me, 3FC is my Biggest Loser club. I just can't justify spending $20 to join their club. I'm sure the TV show is already raking in millions.

Andi - New week, new start, clean slate!!

Aaronsgirl - Awesome job on your 2.8 pound loss. I would be THRILLED with that!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:00 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Ronda - It's okay. We all slip off. Just dust off your fanny and keep going. I am super hungry in the morning if I've eaten a big meal late at night. I think it's normal. Well . . . if you believe there is ever a "normal!"
Old 09-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #34  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Ugh I did so well until last night at 8:30 and I was starving. Made pizza and had sweet tea - one of my weaknesses. I still stayed under in terms of calories but that is the worst idea ever to eat that sort of food then let it sit in my tummy all night while I sleep. I am still up one pound from last week's weigh in, no surprise. I just have to regain control for the rest of the week and weekend.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:51 AM   #35  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

My plan for today is to keep busy. I don't have a car today so I plan to take a 5 mile walk, 2.5 there 2.5 back (lord help me) to my favorite place to get a salad. Just the baby and I I will report back later to let you know if I make it I WILL CONQUER THIS WEEK!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Morning ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA but yesterday DH declared it "Yelie Day" which in our house means all out spoiling for me lol. I went and got my hair cut and colored then he sent me for a massage, facial, and pedi. Do I have the BEST husband ever or what?!!?! I cut about 9 inches off my hair and went blond

Gonna head back to read all that I missed
Old 09-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 245/242/145

Height: 5'2

Yeah, I feel the same way too. Whenever I eat a lot before bed, I'm usually extra hungry the next morning. Maybe it has some to do with our metabolism, weird.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #38  

Hello teamies! I’m not feeling great today, but a lot better than yesterday. Thanks for all of the well wishes! I overate my calories yesterday and didn’t get my exercise in, but I really needed the rest so I’m not gonna stress about it. TOM is around the corner too – I believe, so a loss may not be in the cards for me this week.

Ruth – Sleeping better is always a plus! Way to go on staying on plan and exercising.

Naia – Way to go on 62 minutes of exercise! It really does help to have someone to report to! I crochet some. It’s kind of cyclical where I crochet a lot for a while and then need a break. I have a baby blanket to get done by December so maybe I need to pick that back up!

Roni – Brrrrr!

Andi – It’s amazing how much I consider what’s going in my mouth when I have to log everything! I find myself reconsidering snacks all of the time. Way to go on the early morning exercising!

Monte - It’s great that you’ve been running regularly! Can’t wait to hear the results of your measurements after a month!

Eny – that darned “dreaded week 2”! Ugh! Hang in there!

Lonnie – sorry you aren’t feeling well. Way to go on the workout!

Melissa - on the hula hoop! You aren’t called the Hula Hoop Queen for nothing! Way to keep it to one trip to the grill yesterday!

Carol – Uh Oh! What’s the drama with the trainer? I hope you get it figured out soon!

Isabella – I know that most of the hula hoops in the stores are sized for children. If you have the wrong size, it’s harder to do. Mel can verify but I believe the hoop needs to come up to between your belly button and chest in order to be the right size for you. I am curious Mel if there are any other tips to keep it up (besides lots of practice)

Chrissie – Congrats on the loss this week! You should be proud of the 16.4 lbs since July also!

Mandey - at the bagel thing. I’m glad I’m not the only one who does that from time to time!

Shawski – Don’t beat yourself up for your current swimming level. It’s great that you’re getting back into it. Just imagine if you keep with it how much better you’ll become! You’re taking a step in the right direction. Keep with it and you’ll be rocking that pool in no time!

Lisa – You can stay in control with your food today! I believe in you! I do the same thing with my weight – I’ll have 2 or 3 bad weeks and then drop a larger number every few weeks. It can be frustrating, but being aware is half the battle! I think your plan to walk to lunch is a great idea! Keep us posted on how it went!

Ronda – I’m sorry that you had a rough night. I’ve really struggled with the all or nothing mentality also. That all or nothing mentality cost me about 5 years of no weight loss. The thing is that you don’t have to be perfect which is a hard concept for those of us who tend to be perfectionists. Someone on 3fc has this quote in their signature and I have copied it for my refrigerator. It’s not about perfection, it’s about consistency. I fully admit that I struggle with this everyday, but I’m not letting the perfectionist inside of me win this battle. I am worth fighting for and so are you! Hang in there! We’re here for you.

Mindy – that open faced tomato sandwich sounds good!

Cat – I’ve been staying in my calorie range for the most part, but haven’t been making the healthiest of choices. I need to start thinking more about quality food. (though I do enjoy an occasional pizza) Good luck on regaining control for the remainder of the week!

Yelie for “Yelie Day.” That’s awesome! I hope you are enjoying your new look!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #39  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning. I don't have a lot of time to hang out on my 'puter, right now. I just wanted to check in and catch up really quick.

Ronda, I am echoing everyone else. Don't let it discourage you. Just move forward from here.

Okay, I have to run. I'll check in with all you lovely losers, later.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #40  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelie View Post
Morning ladies!! Sorry I have been MIA but yesterday DH declared it "Yelie Day" which in our house means all out spoiling for me lol. I went and got my hair cut and colored then he sent me for a massage, facial, and pedi. Do I have the BEST husband ever or what?!!?! I cut about 9 inches off my hair and went blond

Gonna head back to read all that I missed
Wow, We need to declare a Diva around here. If Jesse wants to marry me I am putting THAT into my contract!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinora View Post
Yeah, I feel the same way too. Whenever I eat a lot before bed, I'm usually extra hungry the next morning. Maybe it has some to do with our metabolism, weird.
Same here! That's weird huh?

I just got done with my hours worth of torture, er...I mean Exercise. I'm heading for the shower just as soon as my muscles stop shaking. I made a point to do 6o+ Lunges with 5lb weights. OMG!

Karen: I'm glad you're feeling a lil' better at least.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:03 PM   #41  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

It's not looking good for exercise today...I woke up with the MOST HORRENDOUS headache this morning. The only thing I can think of is MSG. Does anyone here ever get headaches from MSG? I can barely think and here I am, stuck at work with the a/c blasting, I am freezing! All I want to do is take enough drugs to knock me out and crawl into my warm cozy bed and SLEEP, or die, if that will help! I can't even think about walking at lunch if it doesn't fade soon. I took 3 Advil with breakfast, when that didn't help, I took a darvocet, but that isn't working either...OMG! Can someone shoot my toe off or something, maybe it will distract me!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 09-25-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #42  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Melissa, I could hula hoop when I was a kid and I could keep it up really good. But now it just slips right off down around my feet before I can get one rotation done. I know this because I keep trying every time I see one in a store. Yes, there I am in the aisle with my friend watching (looking somewhat embarrassed for me) trying to do the hoop and it doesn't happen. And I've tried the weighted ones too. They're much better--I can get half a rotation on one of those. Do you have any tips to keep that hoop up around the hips longer than a second or two?

RED ROCKS!!!
I am the same way with the hula hoops in the store! thats because they are too small for adults! In hula hoops...size matters! I cant do my dd's hula hoop at all. Once I got the stuff and made my own hula hoop I'm getting better and better all that time. The size of the hoop is what makes the difference. When you stand the hoop in front of you it should be anywhere between your belly button and nipple area.

Here is a site for making your own hoop its how I did mine. http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html

I've not tried a weighted one, but my thinking is I've gotta be good at the not weighted one first rather than fight the weight.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying motivated!

I have a NSV - I thin my stomach has shrunk! WOO HOOO! We went to dinner last night, and could only eat 1/3 of my entree before feeling stuffed! About 3 months ago, I could have polished off that plate and eaten dessert - so cheers for small victories!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #44  

Hi Ho All....
Just dropping in to say HEY ! ! And congrats to all on week 1....I hope everyone is doing well during wk #2.
We are once again hopping a plane for Florida this evening...the MIL continues to hang in there, it's been 22 weeks since we got the call that she had 4 - 6 wks to live. This will be the 4th flight from Seattle to Orlando that we have taken since May. Anybody wonder why I have gained 25 of the 100 lbs that I lost. Oh well, it's my fault not hers.
I have left a computer down there so I will be able to log on and post my weight, wish me luck. We are back on Tuesday....chat at you then.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #45  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I decided to add in an extra workout this morning and did 2 miles on the treadmill. So I think I made up for my bad choice yesterday haha.

Today is good so far. I think I just need to make better food choices so I don't get starving at 8pm. Maybe something heartier for dinner?