Old 09-30-2008, 12:34 PM   #256  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
You got that right, it was not fun at all. The new class is going to be more time-consuming, so juggling everything should be interesting. The company I work for got bought by a larger company and I work in the accounting dept, so this means a LOT of extra work, on top of class. I am going to the gym after work, even if I get out of here at 10pm! I have decided that having time for me is just as important as time for work and school. I can't put forth my best effort if I am not at my best, so I HAVE to make time for working out. And BTW, the fresh fruit and bread are DELICIOUS!!!

--Misty

I'm in the process of deciding the same thing! I am in the process of weaning off my second job for some more ME time! If I don't take care of me, no one else will! And glad you're enjoying the fruit and bread!

Last edited by ksk571; 09-30-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi team,

This morning, I did my strength training at home with the 8 pound dumbbells and work on the stability ball. Tonight, I have to do string mowing around the place before the BL show. I am also going to do 30 minutes on the spinner. I am going to cancel my chiropractor appointment for this week. That was causing a serious crimp in my workout routines the last couple of weeks.

I have a healthy lunch and snacks packed for the day. DH is making orange roughy for dinner so there should be no issue with coming in at 1500 calories today.

Just a little something about me. I'm 48, work full time as a financial analyst, live on five acres with DH, six dogs and three horses. I love to horseback ride. DH is disabled with back issues and diabetic neuropathy. I have to do the majority of the physical work around our place. However, we love living in the country. Since turning 45, I've put on 20 pounds and weight loss has been very difficult. After whining around to my doctor about it, she finally got through my thick head that my body is used to all the physical work that I do, and in order to lose weight, I have to do something different. So, in March, I joined a local (small town) fitness center. I had worked my way up into being able to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and then 30 minutes on the elliptical. And I was losing consistently each week. But summer came and with it all the yard work which made it hard to continue with the fitness center as often as I had been. So I'm getting back into that routine and keeping my food to around 1500-1600 calories to get the scale moving downward again. My goal for the challenge is to reach 235 and ultimately my goal is 175. I'm also in the process of preparing for the CPA exam - twenty years after I finished my college degree.

Miriam - for being the biggest loser for week 2! Great job.

Karen - What is Zumba?

I am going to post this now and work on catching up on posts and replies over lunch.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:43 PM   #258  

Beth - Congrats on meeting your weekly goals!

Terri - Zumba is a latin-dance based exercise class. They have dvd's but also there are teachers all over the country that teach the classes. I go to a local class here and really enjoy it. It's fun and usually doesn't seem like exercise!

Miriam - Congrats on being this week's biggest loser!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #259  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon ladies~ I was at Mattie's school this morning helping out. My SIL and I are gonna walk outside later today since we couldn't go to the gym. Little kids are so funny. They kept coming up to me and saying your so cool, your so pretty, I thought I wonder if my daughter thinks the same as them!LOL! Cute kids though and really well behaved. I love being able to help in the classes. Today Joey has his Social Studies test....we studied for quite a while yesterday, so I'm crossing my fingers he does well. I have to admit I hated Social Studies in school. It is freezing here today...I don't think we've hit 60 yet...brrrr! Winter is just around the corner. I'm excited about TBL tonight. I made a big pot of turkey chili yesterday, so dinner is set for the next few days. I'm the only one who will eat it, but they have leftover sloppy joes. I get so frustrated with this family and eating. A few years back though I said whatever...I'm making what I like and if you all don't like it have potluck!LOL! Honestly the pickest group of eaters you'll ever meet...and hubby is #1 pain when it comes to eating! Like I said though I make what I want now. Today not much going on. I'm just doing some laundry and relaxing and later today going for my walk...I better bundle up! I guess this brisk weather will get us moving faster Hope your all doing well! Have a great day~
Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #260  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm back.

Wow, a lot happened while I was trying to write that other post.

Karen - Zumba sounds fun. I might have to check that out for later in the winter for a break from the fitness center and spinner.

Misty - Good luck with juggling work, school and the gym. Our company has done something similar where work was unbearable (I'm also in accounting) for several years. It can play havoc with a healthy lifestyle.

Cakses - Thanks for the encouragement and words of advice on the C25K. I'll have to watch that I am pushing myself each time in order to build endurance - but within reason of course! You might put the scales up until next weigh-in. Those things can be so irritating if you check daily. Good luck!

Beth - for meeting your September goals. My goals for October will be to lose 7 pounds and be working out cardio 5-6 days a week consistently.

Julie - Weekends can be rough. I try to plan for my weekends to be more in calorie counts so that it doesn't feel too out of control. Good luck with getting back on track this week. Steps, squats and lunges..oh my! Your legs are gonna be cursing you!

Rain Dancer - Sorry to see that you had a bad day. Hang on to that knowledge that while you may still have those bad days, you are changing how you respond. Not being able to eat as much is an improvement for your health. One day, you'll be able to use something else as a deterrant to work through those emotions besides food. And you're right, you can make good choices now to offset that one day. Hang in there and move on!

Cathy - Good idea for being safe with the knee. You don't want to deal with a damaged knee. Looks like you've got a good plan for that LC workout. Go girl!

Barb - Your time for a 5K is not embarassing at all. You did it and that is what counts! Good job for getting to the new Y. That can be so intimidating. I was petrified when I first joined and I am definitely the most overweight at our fitness center. And I love the fact that I work out the hardest!

Melissa - I'm considering my butt about posting and supporting. And you're right. I'm here to have a good loss this week and help the team win. I love the last chance workout challenge.

I have to get in some study time while still on lunch.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:24 PM   #261  
Red Team Member

Karen- God bless you for doing all those personals. You a wonderful teammate. How are you feeling...I hope better!

Beth- Congrats on meeting your goals for the month That is fantastic~

ceegee- That is too funny!

Misty- Good for you for getting out for your walk. I always find after the first few min. I start to really feel good and enjoy it Very sweet of your bf!

Miriam- Congrats on being TBL! Keep it up girl~

Raindancer- We all have days like that...good for you for moving on and not dwelling on it. You should be very proud of all you've accomplished so far

Roni- ((((HUGS))))) When your feeling better girl come back and chat with us...we miss ya

Mel- How are things going for ya? You ready to hula tonight?
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM   #262  
Red Team Member

Terri- We must of posted at the same time...good luck with your studies
Old 09-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

Miriam - Congrats on being the Biggest Loser this week!!

Hun.e.B is kicking tush and taking names!

beth - GREAT job on meeting your goals!!! that' a great idea forthe 26.2 in a month. I may have to shamefully steal that idea form you

karen - The funny thing is when i came back in DBF asked me seriously you ran backwards how did you not fall off the sidewalk - he is such a goof - totally with a straight face he said this! but yes i found some hill sthat i didn't even knew existed - i hav eto remind myself manhatten is not flat!

Keillynsmom - also try mapmyrun.com

naia - i hope you are feeling better and your grandma too

Armywife - i am totally impressed! i am still having trouble figuring out what's an inch much less what makes 3 oz!

monteCristo - i have fallen in like with running too! well on most days - congrats to you!!

Happy2beme - congrats on your loss - hope the hip doesn't give you too many fits!

I tried a new thing for lunch today - FISH! i am totally not a fish person unless its certain pieces of sushi - but i liek all the mayo ones so i have been limiting those - but today i went to a place with a bunch of peeps form work and they had an amazing pay per pound hot/cold bar - i got a few small pieces of blackend grilled mahi mahi, broc and califlower, kale, a dollop of humuus, carrots, salad, a thin slice of chicken - it was awesome but then i got to the check out - one question why does broc weigh sooo much!!!!!

ok run class tonight - we are doing 15mins and 5 mins for a total 20 - i was able to do it once all the way through this week - let's see if i can do it again tonight..

hugs to all!!

have a wonderful day!

GO TEAM!!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:45 PM   #264  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Good afternoon

I just wanted to check in really quick. I've been sick for the past few days and I really hope it passes soon. I hate not feeling like myself . I haven't been exercising because I'm sick and I haven't been eating so my food is OP...LOL! I'm gonna go back and lay down. I'll try and catch up with personals and the questions of the day. Have a great day!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:49 PM   #265  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownshape View Post

beth - GREAT job on meeting your goals!!! that' a great idea forthe 26.2 in a month. I may have to shamefully steal that idea form you

Crownshape: Hey, it's not stealing. I'm giving it to you. It was a great goal for me. It was doable (6 miles a week). But it did really push me too! I hope it is beneficial for you too!

Last edited by bethbeth; 09-30-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:50 PM   #266  
Red Team Member

Feel better Lonnie...I hate being sick! The only positive that ever comes out of me being sick is no interest in food. Although when I start feeling better I eat like I've not ate in weeks!LOL! Lot's of rest though girlie and make sure to keep your liquids up!((((HUGS)))))
Old 09-30-2008, 01:58 PM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTimeIsDifferent View Post
Good afternoon

I just wanted to check in really quick. I've been sick for the past few days and I really hope it passes soon. I hate not feeling like myself . I haven't been exercising because I'm sick and I haven't been eating so my food is OP...LOL! I'm gonna go back and lay down. I'll try and catch up with personals and the questions of the day. Have a great day!
Awwww. I'm so sorry. I hope you get to feeling better soon!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:28 PM   #268  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownshape View Post

Armywife - i am totally impressed! i am still having trouble figuring out what's an inch much less what makes 3 oz!
lol well i bought us two skeaks to grill out, since hubby leaves sometime Thursday, and we havent grilled in forever (esp since he's been gone the last two months and will be gone another month - i seized the opportunity) LOL.....but it looked like it was three pieces stuck together, i just cut one part off and put it on my plate...but i thought it was cool that the part i did pick for dinner was exactly 3oz on my digital kitchen scale best $28 i've spent in a long time, that scale is so handy in measuring even the little things, like how many grams of PB i put on my sandwiches But I was impressed. i also had a medium potato (that he grilled in the foil with the steaks) and sprayed it with ICBINB and also sprayed that on my corn. so i had a great dinner without killing my calories. i'm at 1350 calories/day and after i burned off breakfast i had 247 calories left for the day, so i went for the grapes. had 30 grapes for i think 85 calories, instead of teh 2 cookies for 140-160 calories (and i know i wouldnt have stopped there)....but at least i felt full afterwards. and if i hadnt i still had calories left for more grapes. i made a point to buy more grapes the other day since i now use those for a snack thats low cal and healthy...and back away from the cookies lol i'm trying to fit in more fruits/.veggies.

still have issues eating broccoli...i only like it with LOTS of homemade hollandaise sauce, and with allllll that butter, i'd hate to see the calories on that stuff, esp with as much as i eat LOL so i usually leave that veggie (and butter load) to the holidays - thanksgiving and christmas.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #269  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everyone!! Just a quick check in. Hopefully things will settle back down once I get caught back up from being gone last week!!!

I have noticed that I eat maybe 1000 - 1200 calories a day. I think I need more. So I'm gonna give it my all to get more calories in every day and try to stay between 1200 and 1500. Maybe that will help budge the pudge I have!!!

Great job Miriam on being our Biggest Loser this week - you rock!!

Anyway, I hope to be back here on a more regular basis towards the end of the week.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #270  

Hi Ho Teammates ! !

I hope everyone is doing well. Nothing very new here...we made it back from FLA and now we turn around and try to enjoy a trip we have had planned for a year and a half. This is going to sound really stupid, but we are leaving my MIL on her deathbed to take a 15 day cruise to Hawaii and I feel horrible about it. She has insisted that we go...I have a website set up so the nurses can log on and show her our pictures that I have promised to post everyday, she has made us promise that no matter what we take this trip...but it seems wrong. I know there is nothing we can do...but still.
And then on top of that, how wrong is it to be taking this type of vacation when the entire countries economy is tanking....but we planned and paid for it 18 months ago. My family totally doesn't get that...my sister and her family are struggling financially, and here I am taking a cruise. NEWS to my MOTHER....nobody could make enough money to support my sister and her family.

Ugggggg.....I'm sorry....