Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM   #91  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Lisa- Sick kids will make ya wanna run!LOL! Hope they feel better soon

Karen- Feel better soon hun! You can't seem to catch a break!

ahill1979-I hope you start feeling better soon. Focus on the fact that you lost weight not the amount you lost. 2in. lost is FANTASTIC!!!!

Tara- WTG on the 3lb loss! Keep it up girl!!!

Friday Question of the Day

Now really think about this....When you look in the mirror, do you smile at yourself? Why or why not? Or have you even thought about it? Not usually! I am my own worst enemy though. Something I try to work on though!

Mel- Hula hooping has to be doing wonders for your waist Enjoy your football party
Old 09-26-2008, 10:58 AM   #92  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Raindancer- WTG with your eating and exercise yesterday Have a great weekend!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #93  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well i just finished my workout....can the minutes today count for when i didnt workout wednesday? lol i logged 83 minutes in. i did the 5 day slim down walk (full workout) and was tired and yawning and sweaty...but i feel great that i finished it. my feet are killing me though. still no good workout shoes for me....now that hubby's home maybe i can get him to buy me some decent shoes to do my walks/jogs in.....after he wakes up of course DS is upstairs playing with trains on the floor, and all that racket still hasnt woke him up. but he's tired, he drove from Dickson TN to here yesterday in almost 12 hours and its like 780 miles or something (that was his halfway point he stayed for the night. he did the Aberdeen MD to Dickson the day before). so he's sore and tired. so trying to let him sleep in. i'm gonna get DS occupied in his room with a dry diaper and a sippy of milk so i can get a shower in peace..then let him come downstairs to play. whew! i feel smelly and sweaty LOL

need to update my blog with my workout...i got all the tickers updated and the exercise challenge updated. so thats good.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Here is a site for making your own hoop its how I did mine. http://www.jasonunbound.com/hoops.html
Sounds interesting! I may have to try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by texscrapper View Post
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well and staying motivated!

I have a NSV - I thin my stomach has shrunk! WOO HOOO! We went to dinner last night, and could only eat 1/3 of my entree before feeling stuffed! About 3 months ago, I could have polished off that plate and eaten dessert - so cheers for small victories!
WOOT!! I totally know the feeling, my stomach has shrunk big time and I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

Yellie, where can I enroll my DH in Husband Training School? I'll pay the tuition for the whole shot.
HAHA thats hilarious you say that because I am always telling him he needs to teach classes and I bet a lot of marriages would last a lot longer than they do these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
thanks, that was me and hubby about to kiss the night he was leaving for deployment to iraq #2 in oct 2006, when DS was about 6.5 months old and DD was about 3.5 years old. hope to have better pics of us before his 3rd deployment next year. we STILL havent done REAL family pics since his midtour from iraq tour #1 when we only had DD.....so we're LONG overdue.
oh crap, better go wake him up, she's getting outta schoool in a minute!
BYE!
AWWW you guys are so cute!! So glad he made it back safe and sound!! Enjoy him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying2Bbuff View Post
Yelie he sounds like a serious keeper! Pictures please!
Yep I'm for sure keeping him Heres a pic of my hair now...not the best but yeah...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoni View Post
My goodness, I feel like a slacker...can't keep up with everything and everyone.

Kinda crazy here, DH builds log houses and is in a crunch to finish up before it snows, he worked from 8am to 11pm yesterday...I miss him and the kiddos are driving me batty I've been getting up at 4:30 to get work done before school starts (I teach)...I was baking bread last night and fell asleep putting the kids to bed and burnt both loaves. I got half of our turkey's butchered tuesday after work...it's TOM and I'm having a rough week. Don't mean to be a sob fest, I guess I could use a hug and and a hang in there. I feel like I am letting my teammates down...I am an emotional eater and haven't been dealing well with this week.
Heres some hugs for ya and I hope your weekend is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Hey Yelie! I told dude about y'all having a Yelie day and told him I seriously think we should have Diva days (at least once a month) and he's all for it so long as he get's a Boogie day, so I am down with that!
LOL yeah I guess I should mention that we have "Chris day" around here too. Plus he knows the more relaxed and happy I am, the more relaxed and happy the house is so its a win win

Quote:

Now really think about this....When you look in the mirror, do you smile at yourself? Why or why not? Or have you even thought about it?
Hmm....I would say rarely I do. Every once in a while I'll just have a day where I feel pretty but not too often.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:33 AM   #95  
Going to Turn It Around

S/C/G: 220/220/140

Height: 5'4"

Now really think about this....When you look in the mirror, do you smile at yourself? Why or why not? Or have you even thought about it?

No I do not smile at that Stranger in my Mirror, lol. I hate mirrors. The only thing worse is a camera.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Quote:

Sure, why not? I've never had any problems with myself. It is clothes that have the problem.

Melissa - Thanks for the peppermint suggestion. I have been chewing peppermint gum today and that seems to help, I just don't like doing it. Gum chewing is so vulgar, it is like I'm a cow or something chewing the cud all day. But if it keeps me from eating everying in sight, I guess I'll just have to hide in my office and be vulgar!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #97  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

question on the day:
i don't like looking in the mirror, because i don't like seeing something that looks go layin on my bed, and then looks horrible on me. shirt too short, belly hanging out, bye bye arms showing (fatty upper arms), or the new veins appearing on my legs. I think about it daily when i look into the mirror.
on the positive there are some days where i think, this makes me look better, good choice today.
holly
Old 09-26-2008, 12:10 PM   #98  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Here is a pic of my new red bracelt. My DD made it for me. Sorry it is so large, but hey, you can see it well.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:16 PM   #99  

Cute bracelet Mindy! DD did a great job!
Old 09-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #100  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Good Morning Team!

YAY! It is finally Friday and I am only working a half day!!!!

Well, my headache went away for about 2 hours, then came back worse! I went to bed with it, but my bf had an idea to help and amazingly when I woke up it was gone. Since I am leaving work early, I decided I will hit the chiropractor before the concert tonight. I am hoping that will help. Needless to say, I didn't walk or workout but there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it. Since it was there when I went to bed, I planned on it being there when I woke up, so no gym this morning either. I am going to try to squeeze in a workout tomorrow, even though I have 3/4 of a research paper to do and a final! YIKES! Where has the time gone???

QOTD:
Mostly I do smile at myself in the mirror. Even at my highest weight, I was pretty confident in myself. I know that my physical appearance is not the most important thing about me. Right now, I am just trying to catch my outside up to match the beautiful inside that I know I have. I don't necessarily have a problem with my looks, I know I am HOT. I just don't like my weight, which I see as something different. I mean I have those days when I feel like nothing looks good, my hair won't do what I want, my make-up doesn't look right, etc, but I think everyone has those days. For the most part, I am happy with the PROGRESS I am making (most of the time) and I focus on the things that I am happy with.

On that note, everyone should look in the mirror today and make it a point to smile. Everyone should find something they like about themselves and focus on that. Focusing on the negative only tears you down, we want to build ourselves up. Only when we feel worthy of the time and effort, will we actually out it forth and give our all.

I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday and an AMAZING weekend! I'll be watching the thread and responding when I have time!

--Misty
Old 09-26-2008, 12:19 PM   #101  
mtiger

Wink

So I have no idea how my DD posted the picture. She is going to have to show me this a few times. I am such a computer nerd. Well these last 2 days of working out have gotten me very sore. I think all my muscles are aching today.

Hey, there is excitment in the neighborhood. I was detained by a motorcade this morning. It was "Extreme Makeover" coming in to start a build. I think I am going to try and go over and visit the site while they are here. It is just a few miles from my house. They invite visitors to come by. Fun, fun!!!

Looking in the mirror: HMM. I like some of the progress I see, other areas, not so much. But I generally smile because I am proud of the progress I've made.

Yelir- You look so different as a blonde. Cute!!

Tina- You are gorgeous. You should always smile when you look in the mirror. I also love "Lipstick Jungle". Wasn't that procedure hilarious?
Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #102  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Good morning, Good morning. It's FINALLY Friday! The last three days have felt like they should have been Friday, and I have been dragging.

Today I am in the 160's! It's really hard to believe. I still think of myself in about the 190's. I posted a 1 pound loss for the week, and I am happy. I thought it might take longer to break into the 160's. It's crazy to see my "to go" number as only 1 digit! I think I deserve a dancing carrot.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:01 PM   #103  
mtiger

Wink

Okay. I told everyone I was going to learn how to post pictures. Well. I am still working on it. My DD helped me get this one up. It one of my Aussie's. This one is Rippy, my son's dog (oh, and my son). He is 11 now, so getting old. He is quite a character.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kiss rippy2.JPG (66.4 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-26-2008, 01:22 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Hey all!

The "x" husband has been served! Now I just have to wait out the next 20 days and hope he doesn't counter-file.

I also switched our cell coverage yesterday and canceled the home telephone number I've had since I was 11 years old. I just can't stand paying for a number that only telemarketers call me on.

Next to go is our HD cable receivers! We never watch HD anyway and I'm tired of paying for them.

Are you all cutting back the way I am? I feel the need to prepare for some rough financial times ahead.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Last edited by ggmugsy; 09-26-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 01:38 PM   #105  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post
Are you all cutting back the way I am? I feel the need to prepare for some rough financial times ahead.
My boyfriend is all about saving money. We don't even have cable. I'm glad he's responsible with the money, cuz heaven knows I'm not the best at it.

mtiger, I love your bracelet! Very pretty.

As for the question, no I don't smile at myself in mirrors. Physically there's not a whole lot I like about myself right now. I know that's probably an inside thing that I need to work on. Something that no amount of weight loss will make better... Although, throughout the day I smile constantly.

Sorry red team... I'm up a pound