Old 10-01-2008, 11:25 AM   #316  
Chrissie-Let's go Red!!

S/C/G: 283/269.2/150

I think I need help today!!! I don't know what my problem is but I am just feeling really down about things. My week hasn't been that great...and to top it off last night I had cake and ice cream. TOM is due to visit any day now and I feel like crap...not to mention my sinuses are all screwed up and I'm tired. I'm not looking forward to WI tonight. I didn't even get to do last chance work out...which just makes me mad. I had all intentions of doing so and then my niece wanted to play games and well there wasn't any room in the living room.

So I guess I need a pick me up...

Thankfully today is the first day of October, a brand new month, and a brand new start. So I am going to set my October goals and work hard to reach them.

1) Move more
2) Eat more veggies and fruits
3) Stay positive and Keep on trucking
Old 10-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #317  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Aaron
Sorry you are feeling so down. Part of it could be the seasons changing too. As the seasons change the electromagnetic makeup of the air changes and it does effect the brain and body. You hold on. Things will get back to normal for you real soon.

holly
Oh you have been having a hard time. I want you to keep in mind it is against the law to not have breaks or lunch and you should take them. I know you are quite busy but you need the time to relax and reflect. TAKE your breaks and lunch.

Tina
Yes we are getting the autumn weather aren't we . Nice and crisp out in the 60's with a beautiful sky.

Hello to everyone else.

Not doing so well but I am sure I will get better. Lungs are so bad right now just walking across the house makes me breathy. I am watching what I eat but sure don't feel like eating much at all. All the meads are just making me sick to my tummy. Will check back in again. Sorry I haven't been around, I am mostly staying in bed after I get things done.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #318  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Oh, and I've got to tell you what happened today while shopping. We were at the check out buying a shower curtain when the clerk looked at me and said, "You've lost a lot of weight, haven't you?" To which I replied, "Yes." The she proceeded to tell me that she remembers me coming in to the store for years and that I was much bigger and that I really look good. She was almost gushy at times but I was enjoying her conversation. She wanted to know how I did it and how much I lost, etc. Then she realized that the elderly woman in the wheelchair was my mom and she told mom that she was an aristocratic looking woman. Now, mom and I both had swollen heads. Ha, ha. Later on I met 2 women I know who live in the neighborhood and they told me I was looking really good and also told mom how lovely she looked. About an hour later I met 2 other women I knew but hadn't seen in a while and both made comments on how much weight I'd lost. No wonder I bought the size 10 jeans!
Isn't it awesome when people make nice comments? I love seeing people I haven't seen in forever and them commenting on weight loss. I bet those 10s will fit soon if not already!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #319  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronsgirl View Post
I think I need help today!!! I don't know what my problem is but I am just feeling really down about things. My week hasn't been that great...and to top it off last night I had cake and ice cream. TOM is due to visit any day now and I feel like crap...not to mention my sinuses are all screwed up and I'm tired. I'm not looking forward to WI tonight. I didn't even get to do last chance work out...which just makes me mad. I had all intentions of doing so and then my niece wanted to play games and well there wasn't any room in the living room.
I think you answered part of your own question! TOM wreaks havoc on my willpower and motivation! I think Rennie's right too that the change of the seasons can also cause this. I always struggle when fall comes and it starts getting darker earlier. I'm sorry that you're not feeling well and struggling. Hang in there! Try to let your bad week go and start fresh today. You can do this! And try not to beat yourself up about your WI tonight - I know, easier said than done!

Rennie - I'm sorry you're feeling crummy. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Holly - sounds like you've had a rough week. And how dare they not let you on here at work! Being on here helps your health which makes you a better employee...so then it become work related, right?

Kara - hope your pup is okay!

Tina - on the gym! Feels great, doesn't it?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #320  
Starting Over

Morning team. I was a little behind on reading so I sped through and most likely missed some of you, sorry. It sounds like a lot of us are doing great though.

I am down 1 pound, but still up 1 overall. I'm annoyed but just hoping it's a minor plateau. I am off to the gym to sweat out my frustration while DS is in sports class.

My DS wanted a brownie from Cold Stone Creamery yesterday so I took him in - immediately the smell of yumminess was surrounding us. And I got a real fruit smoothie instead of ice cream. Woo hoo! Best thing would have been water but hey baby steps haha. At least it was fruit, right?

October goals:

Lose 9 pounds and get back on track for my overall goal.
20 miles of walking/running
12 miles of swimming
exercise every day in some way shape or form
Fit into my size 14 jeans (they fit now but with muffin top)

It's getting to be jeans season up here and I have two pairs that fit. One pair are like work jeans, all beat up and ugly. The other pair aren't my favorite but are ok. I have like 4 pairs of size 14 pants waiting for me, so I really need to fit into them. Must keep that in mind as well.

Ok off to get my shoes on and get ready to go!! I will do at least 2 miles on the TM then weights!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:24 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I have a NSV to share. I was browsing around on a running website the other day, and it asked for resting heart rate. So I thought, what the heck, I'll check and see what mine is now. It was 61! The last time I checked it (last year) is was around 90. I was so amazed!!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #322  

S/C/G: 198/165/145

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette k View Post

Yelie: I too am going to restart the SBD this weekend. It worked well for me before. I have PCOS and no thyroid so it is the best way to go.
Good luck!!! For me once the first 2 weeks are over its easy peasy but the first 2 weeks are killer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

I bought a pair of size 10 jeans that may or may not fit a d I haven't got the energy to try them on right now. If they fit, that's excellent. If they don't, they will eventually. I was looking for 12s but couldn't find any so I took the 10s.
Congrats on the 10's!! I'm sure they are going to look super fabulous at Christmas with no muffin top!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Dancer View Post

I am having a much, much better day, today. On track, got in a solid 40 minute cardio workout and drank a gracious plenty of water. I am feeling much better and more optimistic. Depression is a harsh mistress and tho I fight hard to keep on keeping on, sometimes the biotch kicks my arse.
Sorry you had a rough day but glad youre feeling better today!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
I was a good girl, and did the LC challenge. (This is my bragging spot!) My commercial breaks went like this:
Break 1 - Step up and down - the entire thing
Break 2 - Step from side up other side down - entire thing
Break 3 - Buttocks workout (leg lifts etc.) - 1/2 of the break
Break 4 - Bicycle crunches - 1/2 of break.

This was AFTER I did day 1 of 30 day shread!!! Yes I'm tooting my own horn - but I feel GREAT after I actually work out! Now I just have to keep it up! Hopefully rereading this thread tomorrow night and remembering how I feel right now will get me to do Day 2!!!!
WOOT!!! GREAT JOB!!! You deserve a little bragging

Quote:
I get that way right before TOM too. Try and stay tough!! Hope its better for you today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
My DS wanted a brownie from Cold Stone Creamery yesterday so I took him in - immediately the smell of yumminess was surrounding us. And I got a real fruit smoothie instead of ice cream. Woo hoo! Best thing would have been water but hey baby steps haha. At least it was fruit, right?
Sounds like a great baby step to me Keep up the awesome work!!

MY OCTOBER GOALS:
1. Stick with SBD induction 2 weeks.
2. Get all my water in!
3. Look HOT in my Tae Kwon Do uniform!
4. Keep up the great streak of excercise I have going on.
5. Be solidly in the 150's.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:35 PM   #323  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi Team !!!

It took me a full half an hour to read all the posts I'd missed - I was AWOL for a few days for Rosh Hashana!

So exciting being the teams BL this week! Never would have thought it to be me! I haven't weighed myself yet after the holiday - because it's night time - but I hope the sclae will be kind again to me after having honey cake! LOL

Seriously - I was contemplating eating nachos for dinner and here I see I won BL this week, so it's veggie soup for me! Thank you to all of you for being here and helping me make good choices!!

I'm way beind for the QOTD & stuff, but I never smile at myself in the mirror - I check and see that I have no food in my teeth and that I look decent and that's that! I don't even own a full length mirror - that would be too awful, haha. Heck - pregnancies have NOT been kind to this stomach of mine....

October goals... hmmm... I'd like to think about exercising but I still am weak from mono, I think I'm going to buy a resistance band. Anyone know where I can find a list of good exercises with the resistance band?

Here's hoping for a great RED week!!
Old 10-01-2008, 02:03 PM   #324  
Patty

S/C/G: 208/195.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon,

I had a nice WI on Monday... down 2 lbs. That's huge for me. I usually average 1/2 to 1 lb.

My October goals are to journal and exercise 1/2 hr. 5 days each week. The combination should give me a nice weight loss.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:05 PM   #325  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I have a NSV to share. I was browsing around on a running website the other day, and it asked for resting heart rate. So I thought, what the heck, I'll check and see what mine is now. It was 61! The last time I checked it (last year) is was around 90. I was so amazed!!

That is a huge NSV. Congrats.

Quote:
Keep your head up. Do what you can. We all have days/weeks like this.

My Oct. goals-

Lose 5 pounds
Control Control (candy all around)
drink more water
Old 10-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #326  
Starting Over

Ok even though I had no desire to workout, I had to go to the YMCA for DS's class. So I figured ok I will run a mile and that's it. Well I got on the TM put on my ipod and ran 2 miles and with warm up and cooldown did a total of 3 miles! I am so proud of myself for pushing because I was getting tired at the 1.5 mile mark. I am hoping I will be able to do that a few times a week. I lost almost 10 pounds running last year but it didn't come off until I was running 2-3 miles each time. So I am happy to see I can at least manage 2 miles. I did my 2 miles in 21:40 which is a little slow for me but I was honestly just happy to be able to make it through.

Bad news though. I got super bad blisters on the inside of my feet from the run. I think it's the socks because the shoes aren't too old. I have Adidas socks but they don't have too much support in them, so maybe I need a running sock with more support in it? I don't know but my feet are NOT happy. I am off to shower and soak my feet in the tub afterward.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #327  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

So yesterday after work, I so did not feeling like hitting the gym after staying late. I tried to talk myself out of it, but I WENT ANYWAY! I haven't been going very much, boy am I out of shape! BUT I did 32 mins at 3.3 and walked 32 mins at lunch, for a total of 64 mins yesterday! Today is the company change-over so I am up to my ears in work. I planned on hitting the gym after work, but the lady I am getting my puppy from said she needs a decision TODAY and I have class, so I can't do everything. Unfortuantely, the gym will have to wait till tomorrow. I have a lunch meeting, so no walking either. I will get in the exercise I scheduled for the week though!! I WILL! Hope everyone is having a great day! Bye for now RED TEAM!

--Misty
Old 10-01-2008, 03:10 PM   #328  
Bringin' sexy back!!

S/C/G: 222.6/181.6/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
Ok even though I had no desire to workout, I had to go to the YMCA for DS's class. So I figured ok I will run a mile and that's it. Well I got on the TM put on my ipod and ran 2 miles and with warm up and cooldown did a total of 3 miles! I am so proud of myself for pushing because I was getting tired at the 1.5 mile mark. I am hoping I will be able to do that a few times a week. I lost almost 10 pounds running last year but it didn't come off until I was running 2-3 miles each time. So I am happy to see I can at least manage 2 miles. I did my 2 miles in 21:40 which is a little slow for me but I was honestly just happy to be able to make it through.

Bad news though. I got super bad blisters on the inside of my feet from the run. I think it's the socks because the shoes aren't too old. I have Adidas socks but they don't have too much support in them, so maybe I need a running sock with more support in it? I don't know but my feet are NOT happy. I am off to shower and soak my feet in the tub afterward.
That is awesome. I had problems with blisters too and went to a foot store and the said their motto is cotton is rotten and told me to try this socks https://shop.runnersedgeny.com/item/13533 I bought a pair but was like whatever. I tried them and I LOVE THEM. I threw out all my other socks and have just those. No blisters at all anymore.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:17 PM   #329  
In love with...THE GYM!!

S/C/G: 243/213/150

Height: 5'8"

Hmmm, October goals... I think my main one, the one I really want to focus on, is getting back into the zone I was for the first two months. I've been a weird little funk and it's kicking my butt. It's not the food, or lack of sweets I'm resenting, it's the exercise. So that's the other half of my October goal. Another 1000 minutes exercise. Did it for September, can do it again!

That being said, my knee is screwed up. I missed workout this morning. Walking even was painful.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #330  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Miriam--shape.com or self.com, both have a good selection of workouts listed by body part, if you go through there some of them are with bands.

Cakses--Congrats on pushing yourself to do more!

Patty--YAY for 2lbs

Chrissie-- I hope you feel better soon. that week before TOM always sucks!