Old 10-01-2008, 08:51 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Gals, I thought I had a little NSV yesterday. I used to buy 2 boxes of cherry turnovers, one for the kids and one for me to woof down when they went to bed. Yesterday they wanted one so I bought one small box and just had 1, they split the other. I felt really proud of myself for not allowing it to take control of me...but now this morning the scale has jumped up 6.8 lbs since Monday I know logically one cherry turnover does not pack a 6.8 punch, and it's not near TOM...I have never had a big fluctuation like that so I'm freaking out now.

Did anyone watch that other weight loss show last night? I don't think it is competition for BL but I really, really liked it and was motivated more than BL does sometimes! It's all set in real life and they struggle just like everyone else and they tell you exactly what they are doing, how many calories, how often they workout each day, etc. It was very inspiring to watch a show based on real life weight loss. I am going to rewatch today because I was working last night and missed big sections of it, but what I heard while writing was very inspiring.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #302  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Isabella EXCELLENT idea!! Everyone post up their October goals!!!

**I hope that was Isabella's idea LOL! She was the first one I saw do it**
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #303  
Melissa

Kelly....I think you can watch TBL online this season cant you?? I could be wrong but I swear I read someone say that you can.

Happy...WOOOHOO!!! Excellent job on that LC workout!!

Purplefly...you can do this!!! You can get exercise back!! You deserve to reach those goals dont let other excuses get in your way!! Yay!!! Excellent job on those turnovers! See the little decisions are going to spring you to success!! Keep up those healthy habits! I didnt watch the other show I hope they replay it!

Isabella...you are shrinking!!! Just think of all those new clothes you are gonna need 10 lbs from now!!!

Eny...girl you are sexy on the outside too!!! I'm getting so excited for you! Make sure you take some time to relax and breathe and enjoy this moment!

Carrie...I'm glad you are doing so great!! Success is fantastic to see! The only way to feel part of the team is to participate. We need to get to know you and the longer you wait the harder it may seem, but jump in where you can! We want to share your successes too! We are all in this together!

Monte.... G'mornin!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:18 AM   #304  
Melissa

I had a fantastic OP day yesterday and the scale has thanked me in kind!! I hope it sticks for my official weigh in! AND I hula hooped every single commercial break for the 2 hour show last night!!! Go me!! I didnt think I was gonna make it because my abs were a little sore from the night before but I did it!!

Has anyone else been watching our exercise challenge to see how great our teammates are doing at reaching for their 30 day goals?

Have a beautiful day everyone!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:28 AM   #305  

Morning, morning,

Got back to the Y this morning and got in 45 minutes on the treadmill and a lower body weights workout. Did 30 minutes on the bike yesterday afternoon and hope to get in 45 minutes this afternoon, but we'll see. Still not quite OP, but the scale moved a bit so hopefully I break into the 200's this week.

Purplefirefly -- what was the other show? I missed it (though I saw Dr Phil's doing something along those lines) and I'm wondering if I can find them online somewhere. hmmmm...

Happy2beme -- great job on the last change workout; got to see part of BL where the young lady on the yellow team was saying you have no idea what the process of the last chance workout is really like...kind of wonder what a full length example would be like.

Still thinking about October goals, hope and faith. Will post a little later.

Have an OP day!

Barb
Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #306  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Did anyone watch that other weight loss show last night? I don't think it is competition for BL but I really, really liked it and was motivated more than BL does sometimes! It's all set in real life and they struggle just like everyone else and they tell you exactly what they are doing, how many calories, how often they workout each day, etc. It was very inspiring to watch a show based on real life weight loss. I am going to rewatch today because I was working last night and missed big sections of it, but what I heard while writing was very inspiring.
I had a stressful night last night and was grouchy by the time I got home. After 2 hours of TBL, I tried to watch it but in the first 5 minutes I decided that the narrator was going to drive me insane (more to do with my mood then her probably) and I turned it off. I'm glad you liked it. Is it a weekly thing? I may have to try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
I had a fantastic OP day yesterday and the scale has thanked me in kind!! I hope it sticks for my official weigh in! AND I hula hooped every single commercial break for the 2 hour show last night!!! Go me!! I didnt think I was gonna make it because my abs were a little sore from the night before but I did it!!
Way to go on staying OP and the hoopin'! Very impressive! What eating plan did you decide on? Are you doing WW again?
Old 10-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #307  

October Goals
  • Stay within my designated calorie range on most days.
  • Eat more healthful calories than I have been.
  • Exercise 4-6 times a week. (14 more times before the end of our commitment challenge)
  • Transition my second job to be a work at home position.
  • Re-start taking my vitamins.
  • Lose 5 pounds.
  • Get my water in.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #308  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

I went small on my October goals, since I'll be juggling school and girl scouts and life....and hubby will be gone again tomorrow (or possibly tonight)....so I wont have help with the little guy like I have so enjoyed the last few days I've registered for my Accounting 2 class that starts the week after my Accoutning 1 class is over...so will have both accounting classes done this semester.

OCTOBER GOALS:

~ Walk minimum of 2 Miles/day ~ Mon thru Fri
~ Pilates 10 minutes/day ~ Sat/Sun
~ Lose 5 Pounds.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #309  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone. Happy October! My October goals are the same as my September goals. Stay on track as best I can, stay in my calorie range, exercise, drink enough and try to help our team.

I am bummed that I missed that other weight loss show. I meant to record it and I forgot. Maybe they will run it again. Or perhaps I can catch it online.

Okay, I have to run. Stuff to do. Need to watch TBL and get my workout in and so on and so forth.

Later, gators.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #310  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chickies. Things are a little slower this morning at work so thought I'd hop on here and tell you all that I think you are all great!! You all give such enthusiastic support and encouragement and a very impressive kick in the behind when we (I) need it.

My October goals are - to eat more consciously, write down what I'm eating, try to stay in my calorie range of 1200 - 1500 a day, and to eat more little meals throughout the day; to exercise every other day or 4 times a week; and to try to be a happier person in general. I'm hoping if I get my eating and exercising under control the weight loss will follow.

Have a wonderful Wednesday and I'll check back in later today I hope.

Last edited by chiquita623; 10-01-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #311  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

well i need to get Alex downstairs so we can have breakfast and get ready to leave. I managed to do homework last night so am ready for class this morning...we have a little time from we need to go and drop him with the sitter. so will be a long day.
yesterday we got a permit for the boat to put on the personal vehicle sales lot here on post. $10 for 30 days...its cheaper than storing it somewhere else LOL and this way it has more chance to sell LOL so hope hubby takes it up there when he gets home from work. he is supposed to get off work before I get home from class...and then we can come back here and start moving stuff around to prep for the fence ppl coming on Friday.
lots of things to do this week. also hope DH will watch the kids so I can run the dog up to the post vet office and get him weighed and buy his heartgard meds. busy busy. and still need to do my 30 minutes.....well, i need to eat and get us ready. might just have to workout later on this afternoon. i'm determined that one way or another i WILL workout everyday this month and meet my commitment (i'm already a couple days behind) .....i need new shoes and hubby being home makes me wanna spend time with him before he leaves again instead of workout.....i know shame on me....but he's leaving tonight or tomorrow sometime, still not sure when....but will be back OP when he leaves.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #312  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies I just got back from the gym. Today was upper/lower body weights with 36 min. of treadmill! I'm starting to feel strong again!YAY! Today I'm going to my MIL for lunch...she made white chili...yummy! Tonight my MIL and SIL are coming over and were going to catch up on the last 2 episodes of TrueBlood. This weekend is Joey's b-day, so I need to find out what he wants to do. I was thinking of going to the museum, but I'll have to see if he is cool with that. Fall weather has arrived in the Midwest...it's going to be in the 60's all week. I have to say though the sun is out and everything looks so crisp...I do love fall. I just don't like that winter is right around the corner!! I hope your all doing well. I see a lot of you posted October goals so I'm gonna follow suit Have a wonderful day ladies!

October Goals-

Meet my exercise goal
Get into the 140's
Keep my eating in check
Try to be more positive

Enjoy your day everyone
Old 10-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #313  
McLovin' *TBL Red Team*

Morning Red Team.

FLY BY POSTING!
I am home today from work. My pup is sick and going to the vet shortly. I went off my plan on Monday night. We went out for my mom's birthday and we went to one of those restaurants that seriously has only 4 choices for dinner, none being healthy with no mods. Hmm... it was fun though and she really liked it.

So far, I have worked out everyday since we started the challenge!!

I didnt watch the new show Half their Size...I think that is what it is called. I did see it in People though. I wonder if the same people in the mag. are the ones on the show. I hope not, because I already know how they turned out!

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:18 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 332.4/ticker/150

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning team,

I hope everyone's doing well. We didn't win this weeks challenge, but we did lose alot of weight. Everyone is so awesome with their exercise. I need to step it up.

Mirium: Congratulations on being our biggest loser this week !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodiva View Post
Checking in for the week. I am craving cake so badly right now...
Orthodiva: The past two weeks I have been craving chocolate. It's really strange, because I never have before. At work yesterday, someone made a chocolate cake for one of my co-workers birthday. It looked and smelled so good. I did eat a small piece, but scraped off all the icing. I felt so sick afterward. Serves me right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Last chance workout

The idea behind these workouts is to get up and off the couch when you are watching the show. So when the commercials come on....

If you have a stair in your house during the commercials do step ups (step up on the stair, step down repeat over and over for the whole commercial break) If you do not have stairs in your house, march in place for the entire commercial!

That oughta get your heart a pumpin'!!

And dont forget to come brag to your team that you did it! We wanna hear who our superstars are!

Good Luck!
Melissa: I tape the Biggest Loser and watch it the next day because I work at night and it comes on during my sleep time. I'm proud to report that I did the last chance workout this morning. I don't have stairs nearby, so I walked in place during the commercials. I even added a little arm exercise to it.

October Goals:
1. Lose 10 pounds
2. Exercise more each day
3. Control my portions
4. Drink more water
5. Fit into my new jeans
6. Think kind thoughts

Teri
Old 10-01-2008, 11:24 AM   #315  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

Sorry to everyone!!!
i missed the weigh in. gained 2lb TOM
my excuses are poor:
can't use computer at work for play if not work related.
didn't get lunch breaks or any breaks,
worked 4 13 hour shifts in row
taking care of sick babys
got locked out of my locker, purse, keyes, cloths to go home in, had to call maintence to come cut lock,
anyway horribly sorry for missing. tried when got home at 930pm but was already locked out.
holly