Old 09-26-2008, 01:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 188/173/140

Height: 5'8

HAPPY FRIDAY RED TEAM!!!

So glad it's finally here but the rain also is here -so sad. the good news is in preperation for the rain i went running wednesday evening and then again yesterday morning. today is my planned day off.. whoo hoo! so on sunday i will be volunteering for one of the tune up runs in central park for new york road runners (i am trying to get all of my 9 races and volunteering out of the way so i can get auto entry into the nyc marathon) the race starts at 7Am so i HAVE to be there at 6AM - acckkk!! the only good part (sides formt he volunteering) is that DBF will be running and i will be there to cheer him on.. it's 18miles soo not ready for that -yet!

Yelie - love the hair!! You look great! "insert whistle here"

Mindy - love the bracelet!

Beth - Congrats! you definitly deserved the dancing carrot!

tomorrow is my weigh in day and i have to say i am feeling good about this week.. so when asked do i smile when i look in the mirror - yes i do, i have to , i am the only me that i have - do i see things that make me wan to scream and hide my eyes? sure especially during TOM but for the most part what i see are the changes i am making, the healthy lifestyle i am creating for myself and when all else fails i have these big brown eyes that i love to put make up on cause when i look in the mirror it's all abobut me, not my bf or my parents or my nephews, or my bosses or my bff - it's just me.

ps I donned my red sweater today in honor of our red team!

pps I LOVED Lipstick Jungle and Grey's - soo glad they are back! And the office too!!

Last edited by crownshape; 09-26-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #107  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggmugsy View Post

I also switched our cell coverage yesterday and canceled the home telephone number I've had since I was 11 years old. I just can't stand paying for a number that only telemarketers call me on.

Next to go is our HD cable receivers! We never watch HD anyway and I'm tired of paying for them.

Are you all cutting back the way I am? I feel the need to prepare for some rough financial times ahead.

Hope everybody has a great weekend!
WTG on getting the X served....
Yep we've been cutting back a lot lately. We have HD cable, but it's free with Time Warner....but still can't give up my DVR, it keeps me sane especially when I spend alot time home alone with kids, i NEED that adult drama on tv to keep me going LOL But I too cancelled our home phone since only telemarketers called us. so we were able to drop our cable/net/phoen bill down by over $40/month and we only use our cell phones. course i told mom about the magicjack (you pay $40 for the USB connector and it's like $20/year for unlimited home phone minutes) that replaces your regular home phone service thru the cable or phone company...and uses your DSL/high speed ISP connection. i plan to get it soon. but we still have about 1400+ rollover minutes on AT&T, we have mom on our family plan to save her money. she doesnt use many minutes and she only spends $10/month on her line with us (we get 19% discount since hubby's military) instead of having her own acct (line) which would cost her abotu $30-40/month. she's cutting expenses too.
it's a vicious cycle i think.....hope the economy picks up soon and gas and food prices go down soon - that's what gets us. luckily we live on post housing, so we dont have to worry about fluctuating utility bills (which can get insanely high here in central TX).....
well, i'm gonna go sit with hubby on the couch and watch boomerang with him (Yogi bear is on) LOL
Old 09-26-2008, 02:47 PM   #108  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
Sure, why not? I've never had any problems with myself. It is clothes that have the problem.

Melissa - Thanks for the peppermint suggestion. I have been chewing peppermint gum today and that seems to help, I just don't like doing it. Gum chewing is so vulgar, it is like I'm a cow or something chewing the cud all day. But if it keeps me from eating everying in sight, I guess I'll just have to hide in my office and be vulgar!
They have peppermint lifesavers, although I'm not sure if they come in sugarfree...and i actually prefer the peppermint candle.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:14 PM   #109  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I boogied and swam with my DS at gym & swim class for 2 hours. Wish I knew how much that burned. I will work out later this evening most likely. My DH is off work for a 4 days so I am off to cuddle and hang out and be lazy!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:48 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 270/252.0/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
..stupid cold!
Colds always make me want to eat
I hope you feel lots better soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4weightloss View Post
Got sick kids home today so I'm not sure how exercise will go today. They are sooooo crabby.
I hope your little ones get well soon

I'm sorry guys, but I am up 2 pounds this week. The doubting voice inside says I'll never lose my first ten pounds much less any more. But, I feel stronger this week (maybe it's the exercise) and next week is MY week.

Way to go all you that have posted losses already~Great Job

Any with gains like me We can do better. We will do better!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #111  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Man I'm sooooo far behind, ya'll already started #3. Been busy around here. Tomorrow we're heading down to Ohio for dh's paternal side family reunion, but first we're stopping off at the cow dog rescue to meet Bella. We're taking our dogs so she can meet them and see how that goes. So please keep fingers and toes crossed that they all get along.
I promise I'll try to catch up with all the posts this weekend. Monday I am going up to Weight Watchers to sign up again, so wish me luck on WI. My scales are off by 10lbs so even though I'd love to go by the 237, it's actually 247. I find it strange that a digital scale can be off.
I hope everyone is doing well!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Mandey - I've never heard of the magicjack. VERY interesting! I love the pic of you and your DH, too!

cakses - I have a Polar F4 HRM and I can swim with it. It keeps track of my calories burned. I love it. I'd love to do what Misty did and buy a BodyBugg, but I have college to pay for!

Misty - Hope you feel better soon!!

For all you guys thinking you might have a gain in the next day or two . . . you can postpone your WI until Monday!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:03 PM   #113  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Friday Question of the Day

Now really think about this....When you look in the mirror, do you smile at yourself? Why or why not? Or have you even thought about it?
I smile at myself all the time-not every time but most of the time. I'm a mirror magnet and I can't pass one without looking. I even talk to myself when looking in a mirror. I usually give myself a big grin as if to say "How ya doin' today?" I never get tired of looking at myself regardless of my size or shape. But lately the shape and size are getting a little more pleasant to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedlvrgirl View Post
On that note, everyone should look in the mirror today and make it a point to smile. Everyone should find something they like about themselves and focus on that. Focusing on the negative only tears you down, we want to build ourselves up. Only when we feel worthy of the time and effort, will we actually out it forth and give our all.
Well said. Ditto. Everyone has their strengths and should really focus on those.

I got in a short jog of about half of what I usually do. Today isn't my walk/jog day but I had to do something that didn't involve using my thumb too strenuously. I started jogging around the house and as soon as I started I realized I didn't have on my bra but I didn't want to stop to put it on so I ran with my t-shirt pulled tight across my chest because the flapping and slapping was a bit much!! I twisted the front of the shirt into a knot (which wouldn't hold) and held it while I ran.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 PM   #114  
SOFTBALL MOMMA

S/C/G: 235/231/160

mindy cute bracelet

i think everyone is cutting back on things. we can't afford to buy the super healthy foods. I spent 127.00 for 1/2 cart of food. i got 50lb of roast and chicken and cheese, eggs, and milk, some lunch stuff for kids and was shocked how much i spent. it won't get us by for 2 weeks with 5 people eating on it. going to have to start taking lunch to work.
we still buy junk food and just don't eat as much. we have eat baked potatoes with goodies on then instead of something healthier. i think we are in for rough times. trying to can like a fool, but the crops this year were not very good around here.
have a great night everyone, work the weekend. will post weight on monday morning. going to work hard this weekend TOM happened today. hoping won't affect weigh in.
holly

GO TEAM RED!!!!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #115  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

Now really think about this....When you look in the mirror, do you smile at yourself? Why or why not? Or have you even thought about it?
I have never thought about it, but yes I think I do most of the time. That's relatively new because I've been losing weight, taking better care of myself and doing more "girlie" things for myself.

For instance I get my nails done every 2 or 3 weeks, I get my brows waxed before the "unibrow" grows in and I get my hair done about once a month. I also buy myself earrings more than I have in in the past several years.

So, yes, I smile at myself because I know that I'm doing things to make sure I look the best I can. It's been a long time since I've done that for myself.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:21 PM   #116  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

Quote:
Nope! I just think "Oh God, Yuck!". I'm so sick and tired of looking at myself this way. It disgusts me. I do have some good days where I feel confident and pretty but The bad days out way the good ones

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just wanted to check in really quick and say hi Today is my Daughter's 12th Birthday so I've been running around all day in the rain Birthday shopping (I'm a last minute shopper sometimes ). I have a really bad head cold I caught from the kids and I don't think the rain helped it at all. I feel so much worse I'm gonna hit the pillow now and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Good Night
Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Yup. Yup I do. Pretty much every time. I rather like myself - and I do it to check for broccoli between my teeth. Also, thing is, it's my face and if I want to smile (or stick my tongue out at myself) I do it. Of course, I also make the "grrrr!" face at myself while I flex my biceps and I stick my tongue out and touch it to my nose (because I can!)...I pretty much make an idiot out of myself in front of the mirror on a regular basis.

I'm so glad this week is over. It has been pure pain on the work side and I'm hoping to get fully caught up this weekend with all my reading and homework and housework... - we'll see. I'm still trying to trudge through Twilight. I've had it for over a week and I'm stalled out around page 100 or so.

Looking forward to a hopefully good weigh in tomorrow.
Had a relatively good on plan day today - made a pasta dish tonight with eggplant, ricotta and tomatoes - tasty!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 259/259/175

Height: 5'11"

I do...but usually it's more like...laughing at myself. Not in a bad way...just kind of like a "wow you are such a dork" and then I make a face...and then laugh. I'm always commenting out loud about myself too...which then makes me laugh because I see myself talking to myself which is ridiculous. So yeah...I usually end a date with the mirror with a smile.

You all should go to a mirror right now...step on up in front of it, look yourself in the eyes and say the following "You are SO worth it. ALL of it. You are wo(man)...hear you roar. I love you. I. love. you"

You'll feel awkward and nervous and stupid and silly. But dang...you gotta give yourself props sometimes. The soul needs it.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:11 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

WOW! Busy for two days and already 8 new pages to read on a new thread!

QOTD--well, not usually, but lately, I've been happier with what I see and so yes, I occasionally smile at my reflection.

Scale looking very promising this week after a plateau for me the last three weeks. I just have to stay strong through the week-end!

Exercised every day now for 8 days in a row--at least 1 hour doing various things. That has surely helped me

The last two days I was very strong and disciplined with my eating. Seems like I am in a good zone at the moment--wonder how long that will last this time?

retiredone--"I got in a short jog of about half of what I usually do. Today isn't my walk/jog day but I had to do something that didn't involve using my thumb too strenuously. I started jogging around the house and as soon as I started I realized I didn't have on my bra but I didn't want to stop to put it on so I ran with my t-shirt pulled tight across my chest because the flapping and slapping was a bit much!! I twisted the front of the shirt into a knot (which wouldn't hold) and held it while I ran." Sounds like what I would do too!

Cat--

As far as cutting back--we are as well. Eating out less, even at lunch, and making more food at home. No trips whatsoever planned out for the next year, except a wedding back home in October--instead, "staycations". Christmas spending a lot less this year. Using more coupons and buying more store or generic brands. (This goes along with buying practically no organic stuff anymore--even though I'd prefer to with many things, especially fruits, veggies, meats, milk.)

And putting our kitchen remodel and any other major projects on hold

To all Reds--Hang in There! More later.....

Last edited by modcat44; 09-27-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #120  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
Raindancer- WTG with your eating and exercise yesterday Have a great weekend!
Thank you. You have a great weekend, as well.

Another on track day. I got my cardio done. 40 minutes, today. I am pleased. And I sure as heck had better show another loss, when I weigh in on Monday.

We are also cutting back. I do a lot of things to save money. Everything from using a clothes line to clipping and using coupons. We don't go anywhere or eat out. Anywhere we can trim, we do. It sucks. But, you have to do what you have to do.