Old 08-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Man, things are quiet around here! I guess I should hop on over to Plurk and see if everyone is hanging out over there. Though, I guess it is after 7pm on the East side o' the U.S.

I just thought I'd pop in and see what's up with everyone. I'm a bit excited to have signed up for the next challenge - even though I didn't succeed as well with this one as I wanted to, I think I will do better this next time. Also, I'm looking forward to maybe watching the TV show. Of course, this means I will have to figure out how to get NBC on our TV, what time the show is on and what night. Hopefully it's not too late - my bedtime is pretty early! I've never really watched it before and I'm hoping it will be massively (or even a little bit) motivating for me!

Exercise-wise things are going really well here - I'm having to repeat week 4 of the pushup challenge because I just COULD NOT do week 5 - but that's not just me. My husband who is doing the challenge with me tried week five and failed. I tried not to gloat about it - but I did a bit anyway. Sometimes I'm really really proud that I am nearly as strong as he is at pushups! The couch to five K running/jogging is going well - I think I'm on track for my first 5k in October (now I just hope the weather cooperates because I don't want to run when it's 100 degrees or more outside!). I did run 2.25 miles yesterday morning at 5mph and tomorrow morning I'm shooting for 2.25 miles at 5.5mph. I'm still trying to settle on a good pace...I'd really like to do a 5k in about 30 minutes, which means just over 6mph for the pace. I think I need to get the endurance first - then the speed.

Though, I do have a question for those of you who walk/run long distance (or at least distances that take longer than about 20 or 30 minutes) - do you get BORED? Like, REALLY bored? Because I forgot my iPod on Tuesday and really thought I was going to die of the sheer boredom on the treadmill while running (well, I did until the very nice looking young man with the nicest arms and behind showed up and was running in front of me. YUM-tastic!). Any tips for staying un-bored while running? I have an iPod and that does help but is there anything else you do? Do you count steps or watch the numbers on the treadmill or does that make it worse?

Wow, I had a lot to say today! Hopefully everyone is having a lovely evening. We're almost done with this challenge and I have had a splendid time with you ladies! I'm sure I'll be back before we're done but I just want to make sure you all know how awesome you are today as well as then!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:13 PM   #152  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Well ladies, not EVERY black team member is going to the blue team. I picked RED for the next go round.

What I like about red is that you seem to have good comraderie and I really like the things that you have done as a team to focus on the getting healthy portion of the challenge - question of the day, little mini challenges and things like that.

Ok, I've been lurking and it seems like Melissa is a great leader. Besides who wouldn't want to be on a team that has a Diva Wench and Hula Hoop Queen on it?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #153  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

HA!! btw..I LOVE your avatar!! How RED is that!!!

And not to worry, I know a big group of black wants to stay together, I feel for em, but they gotta realize its not fair to load one team with ppl who participate regularly and give another team all newbies and the ones who dont really participate. That doesnt stop me from giving black a hard time about choosing the enemy!!! LOL!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:43 PM   #154  

Monte - I'm glad you had fun at the reunion. Don't sweat the gain....it'll be off in no time!

Cathy - I'm glad you had a good time with your family/friends. Seems like a lot of people are looking into the Y. Sounds like a good investment.

Joyce - hang in there. You're doing all the right things and the scale will reward you if you stick to it!

Karla - I'm sorry you're going through such a rough patch.

Jen - I hope your time management lessons will help you with the stress. I recently read Randy's Last Lecture book. It was so sad to hear he had passed away. He sounded like an amazing person.

Danielle - I'm glad you had a nice trip. I'm so proud of you for eating so healthfully. Once you get back in the exercise groove, you lose those couple of pounds. I just know it!

Rennie - congrats on being our biggest loser this week!

Kelly - you're rocking that push up challenge! You go girl!

happy2bme - we're looking forward to getting to know you and give you all the support you need!

Well girlies - I am having a rough TOM right now. And my little dog is barking very loudly for no apparent reason. I'm gonna lay down and hope my pain killers kick in soon! Have a great evening and I'll try to catch up with everyone else later!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #155  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Awwwww Karen, I hope your tummy feels better soon! It'll my turn soon enuff....sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
Exercise-wise things are going really well here - I'm having to repeat week 4 of the pushup challenge because I just COULD NOT do week 5 - but that's not just me. My husband who is doing the challenge with me tried week five and failed. I tried not to gloat about it - but I did a bit anyway. Sometimes I'm really really proud that I am nearly as strong as he is at pushups! The couch to five K running/jogging is going well - I think I'm on track for my first 5k in October (now I just hope the weather cooperates because I don't want to run when it's 100 degrees or more outside!). I did run 2.25 miles yesterday morning at 5mph and tomorrow morning I'm shooting for 2.25 miles at 5.5mph. I'm still trying to settle on a good pace...I'd really like to do a 5k in about 30 minutes, which means just over 6mph for the pace. I think I need to get the endurance first - then the speed.

Though, I do have a question for those of you who walk/run long distance (or at least distances that take longer than about 20 or 30 minutes) - do you get BORED? Like, REALLY bored? Because I forgot my iPod on Tuesday and really thought I was going to die of the sheer boredom on the treadmill while running (well, I did until the very nice looking young man with the nicest arms and behind showed up and was running in front of me. YUM-tastic!). Any tips for staying un-bored while running? I have an iPod and that does help but is there anything else you do? Do you count steps or watch the numbers on the treadmill or does that make it worse?

Wow, I had a lot to say today! Hopefully everyone is having a lovely evening. We're almost done with this challenge and I have had a splendid time with you ladies! I'm sure I'll be back before we're done but I just want to make sure you all know how awesome you are today as well as then!
Kelly, I HAVE to have my ipod going on, and theres a TV in there that I stare at when I am not staring @ Muscle dude, but since he pi$$ed me off I REFUSE to give him a second thought, much less look in his direction. I totally couldn't live without my ipod and anger rocker chick music on the TM. As for the push ups, I have slacked & binged this week. I haven't been to the GYM since Friday, which is probably partly to blame for my lousy mood. I did a week 2 repeater last week and did well. I may have to repeat it again, I dunno. We'll see.
I am getting bad about Plurking and neglecting this place. I'll work on that. Especially after today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2bme View Post
Well ladies, not EVERY black team member is going to the blue team. I picked RED for the next go round.

What I like about red is that you seem to have good comraderie and I really like the things that you have done as a team to focus on the getting healthy portion of the challenge - question of the day, little mini challenges and things like that.

Ok, I've been lurking and it seems like Melissa is a great leader. Besides who wouldn't want to be on a team that has a Diva Wench and Hula Hoop Queen on it?
I am VERY happy you chose RED!!!! You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #156  
~One Day At A Time~

S/C/G: 301.2/Ticker/250

Height: 5 6"

UGHHHHHHHHH.....I haven't had fast food in like two weeks. My BF's brother is in town for a few days and he's staying with us so everyone wanted pizza tonight for dinner and I gave in and I think I over did it . I had two slices and a coupe of small things like garlic knots and stuff. I did drink water with it though. In fact it has made me so darn thirsty that I'm still drinking water and that means I'll be up all night peeing...LOL!!!

I can't believe this is the last few days of the challenge. I just wanted to say that this team has been great! This was my first challenge so I didn't know what to expect. I've gotten alot of support from you guys and I've even made some friends so I thank you for that You are a great, strong, courageous group of Ladies and I'm really looking forward to our next challenge together (assuming were on the same team again ) I did sign up for the next challenge and I requested the red team again.....I can't wait!

Karen~ I hope you feel better soon

Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #157  

Good night ladies

I'm starting to feel like we are graduating from high school next Monday !! I only joined one other BLC on here and dropped out after a few weeks, so this is the first time I've made it to the end, it's kind of depressing!! However, I know I did better than I would have on my own during the weeks of this challenge -- yes, I could have done better, but for me I did pretty well.

So, for that I thank each and every one of you for the motivation to continue, even when I didn't want to !!

Have a nice night and a great day tomorrow.

Last edited by shelby897; 08-06-2008 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 01:42 AM   #158  
Domestic Engineer

So sorry I've been AWOL lately! We had company twice last week and my sister and 3 kids are here visiting this week. Friday we leave for a 2 week vacation so I just haven't been on the computer much. I'm happy to be pretty much maintaining since I'm not really able to be hardcore right now. I'm committed to NOT coming back from my vacation 10 lbs heavier (which I've totally done before, lol) I will try to rememeber to post a weight, but if not oh well, guess it's a freebie week.
It's been a great challenge and I commend everyone!! Hope we can keep in touch between challenges and after summer winds down and things get back to normal.
take care!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:45 AM   #159  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

yes i'd love to keep in touch also...i do hope to get the chance to rejoin Red in the next challenge, but will have to wait a while to see if I'll have time. I want to give it my all this time, I seem to do better when Abigail's in school, and i am up early and can workout so we'll see how good a routine i get into for school and such adn go from there...
if you have MySpace, feel free to add me I'm clark2713 over there thanks! looking forward to more friends i also have myspace and yahoo IMs
Old 08-07-2008, 09:30 AM   #160  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning all!!

Once the challenge is over I'm sure we'll have a chat thread going. But it will be all inclusive since we dont know who will be on red team next time and we dont want to exclude anyone or have them feeling left out once they do join. Gives us a chance to get to know everyone!

Would you believe I've not even peeked to see who is up for Red teams overall biggest loser!

Dh is still fighting a stomach something. Poor guy. Although he did lose 6 lbs yesterday...stinker!! Just sucks he doesnt really have 6 lbs to lose LOL!

Tonight I'm going to get the South Beach Diet book so I can research better. Apparently its really good for the Metabolic Syndrome (insulin resistant) I've been diagnosed with, and SB is good for regulating blood sugars.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-07-2008, 09:48 AM   #161  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Melissa - can I borrow the hubbie's sickness to make it to my goal for this challenge? That sounds terrible to lose that much in one day, hope things are better soon!

Shelby - Wanna sign my year book?

Karen - hope you're feeling better!

Kelly - When I walk the dogs (anywhere from 25-45 minutes) I don't get bored as I have to pay attention to them and it's just pleasant hanging out with them. However if I'm running (eh hm really jogging ) by myself I go insane if I don't have music. Good for you for powering through it! Even with the music I have to imagine myself in a much slimmer body wearing a bikini to push through it!

Cathy - I loved swimming too when I went a few weeks ago but I was the only one there and got very self-conscious of the lifeguard watching me! I'm sure he was just bored to death and enjoyed my gasping for breath

Rennie - oh the smoking, evil devil isn't it I'm supposed to quit once the CPA exam is all over and done with, hoping I haven't sabotaged myself on that one!

I haven't slept well at all this week - stress, blahs, whatever but man I need some sleep! I'm off to the beach on Saturday though so I picture some nice relaxing time and sleeping in soon!

Last edited by Fat Chick B Gone; 08-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #162  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

Good morning! Yesterday went fine @ High School for the boy. Of course, ONLY the freshmen were there yesterday. The REAL test will be tomorrow when ALL the grades will be @ school. On a high note, he's decided to play Football!!!!!! I'm a football Mom! I am SOOOOO HAPPY about this! He's already my lil' Super starrrrrrrr!

Heather, I hope you can get some sleep tonight. I know all to well what that does to you. That's probably yet another reason I've been so um...."grumpy" lately. I got a better night's sleep last night and overslept this am. prolly the last late sleep I get now that school is back in session.

Karen, How ya doing today girl????

Melissa,
sorry DH is so ill. I hope it doesn't possess you and the girls too. I hope he feels better soon. Poor dude. What more does this dude have to go through?

Shelby, as of now I haven't even come close to goal. I've come very close to half of my goal though! LOL! I rarely make goal during these things, but at least the couple of challenges I have lost something. I guess that's better than nothing. Like Mel siad, we usually have a "All Team & Newbs" chat thread going, or we can continue posting right here. OR we could PLURK!!!

jelynn,
Have fun on your vaycay and don't stress it so much! If all you do is maintainin, then you've accomplished a lot, because once we lose this, we ALL have to figure out the maintaining part.

Lonnie! Work that Pizza & extras off today girl! Lets cyber shake on a deal! Lets BOTH get up and exercise today! ya wanna????

Happy, Kelly, Cat, AW, everyone. Hope you all have an OP day!!!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:21 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 247/229/165

Height: 5'8"

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading everyones posts here and there. Just not much time to post with work being so busy lately (i'm sneaking a little time now)
It looks like everyone is doing pretty well.

I think i'm already excited for the new challenge. I'm really liking that the show will be on at the same time. I've never watched a full season of it but I'm definitely going to try now. I'll just have to try to remember which night it is on!

I'm going to request to stay on the Red team next session. I've struggled a lot this challenge but somehow in the past couple weeks i've found motivation to start exercising a lot and i've been doing really well with my choices of eating. It's not showing much on the weightloss side but I feel tons better and I know its only a matter of time before that pesky scale starts moving again! I started writing down what I eat instead of logging it on WW website and for some odd reason I think it is way more helpful. I highly reccommend it.

Diva - I loved going to my highschool football games. Theres just something about bundling up and drinking hot chocolate and watching the game (hard to think about that now while its so hot outside!!). That'll be fun!

Heather - Maybe your problems sleeping are all the excitement about going to the beach! Atleast that would be my problem Have fun!

Melissa - I used to be on SBD. I loved it but I started moving away from it and found it too hard to get back into so that is why I switched to WW. I lost more weight on SBD than I ever did doing anything else though. I hope you have good luck with it!

ThisTime - Only 2 pieces of pizza?? It could have been worse! And WTG on not having any fast food for 2 weeks.

Kelly - I get really bored on the treadmill too. I'm still trying to figure out what will help the time go by faster! I found watching the numbers on the treadmill really doesn't help...it probably makes it worse for me. I would like some eye candy but I usually don't get that lucky We do have TV's in the gym but there isn't usually anything good on...and we have a movie theatre in our gym but they play the same movies over and over. I can't possibly watch 50 First Dates again!

Hi to everyone else!!
Old 08-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Hello Everyone! I'm still trying to get back in the swing of things after my reunion. I've just started a new diet that my Dad found on the internet. Basically you go one day with protein, then the next with fruit, then a mixture of the two, then a day of vegetables, etc. It sounds a little wierd, but Dad didn't want to do it alone, so I thought I'd give it a shot since it only lasts eleven days. He is really excited about it, and dropped 4 lbs just in the last two days when we were figuring out exactly what we would eat. It just isn't fair!! We haven't even started yet and he's already down 4lbs!!

I hate waiting for a new challenge to begin! I know this one isn't even over yet, but the thought of waiting until the middle of September for the next one is annoying. But I'm hoping that I'll be out of the 170s by that time. :crossedfingers:
Old 08-07-2008, 01:10 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 162/156.5/142

Height: 5'2+"

Hey red team.....do you think you could handle me over here?