Old 08-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #181  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybones View Post
Oh Danielle! That makes me ANGRY. I would be so pissed. Stupid gym people. I hope that you aren't too upset - I would try to not take it personally but man... some people are just stupid.

You could always come check out the 24 Hr Fitness by me. :-) It's on Baseline and the 101. I'm looking forward to the new on up at the Riverview to open this winter though - I'm hoping it will encourage me to stop by on my way home from work as well as work out in the mornings. I'd love to be motivated enough to gym it up twice a day!

BTW, did you get the rain last night? It was awesome.

Yeah, I know, other people think I'm nuts but when you live in AZ, rain really is kinda awesome. I got out my lawn chair and sat out in the backyard in the rain. My dogs hid on my patio and looked at me like I was a crazy lady!
Kelly I would LOVE to be able to go work out with you!! However, it'd take me forever everyday to get there as I live at Scottsdale Road & the loop 101. The thought of that tho is soooo nice! Yes, got rain last night, LOTS of it and as usual today it looks like it never happened! lol I can't decide if I'm as upset as I am just angry at his assumption that I'm not 'good looking' enough. I know if I REALLY wanted to I could go in there and sell myself to get hired, now it's more like the line has been drawn and I feel like what happened is just spurring me to work my tail off and get to "look like them" and push it back in his face. I think they could've done alot with me, per se, with good before's and after's since I am wanting to be so comitted to the whole fitness lifestyle and all. To not only be a member there, but to work there too could've/would've been a true testament to their system,etc. Oh well.......
Old 08-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #182  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Okay girls I just posted my final weigh-in

My goal was to be under 200lbs by the end of this challenge which I'm 6.8lbs from making but looking back that was a rather ambitious goal and I'm not disappointed with my progress. During this challenge I lost 28lbs, I'm happy with this and going to keep going to get under the 200lb mark! By the time next one starts I do hope to start at a 1xx number!! Thanks so much for being here guys, I know it really helped me out to have somewhere to go everyday even if I didn't always post.

We've done a great job as a team and I can't wait to see final results. Go Red!! I'm leaving for the beach tomorrow morning but taking the laptop so I can pop-on and see who wins it!!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #183  

Danielle – I wouldn’t take it personally – maybe he has a girlfriend, sister, friend, etc. who wants the job, maybe he was being completely honest that you would be bored? Personally, I enjoy seeing people who work at the gym who “look like me” – I’m so intimidated by the people who look like the work out 23 hours a day, I would think they would feel the same way. Life’s too short to take it personally!!

Kelly – I live in NY and love rain!! My husband thinks I’m crazy when we get a nice, warm rain and I make the kids come out and play in it with me!! Nothing nicer than a good rain and some mud (for the boys!!).

Heather – You have done an amazing job!! You should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy the beach!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #184  
Danielle-Red Team Member

I'm not exactly sitting here sobbing into my cheerios over it. If anything,carrying on thru my day I've had time to think & it's reawakened the drive I had found before vacation and i'm ready for action. I could care less what he thinks of me, just find it really ironic that he's a Sales Manager and I'm a member...not exactly a great sales pitch he's got....... I've learned in the last few months to "forget" what idiots do to me to try and keep me down, I've learned how to channel that into fuel to move forward and shine. Yeah, I rock!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 PM   #185  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

As the manager if he had someone who wanted to job he shouldn't be advertising for it then. I'd totally take it personally, I'd like to think I had the cajones to ask him why he didn't want me to work there too...but sadly I doubt I would LOL! Who wants to work for shallow hal anyway right! LOL! Although they are missing an amazing opportunity of a success story right there at the front desk! Their loss!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #186  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

yes i agree, it's mean of him to do that, esp to a member..not exactly good for business....But i'm glad your moving on and using it to your advantage to make you more motivated to get to your goal. Bravo!

I worked out this morning for the first time since July 14th...and i only did 4 miles last month, the first time i attempted the 4 mile after a long break and could only manage half of it...so TODAY when i used my hip/thigh sculptor machine for the entire 3 sets of reps and then managed to work up a great sweat and FINISH all FOUR miles of the fast miles with stretchie...I felt quite accomplished today! and I have used that extra energy I've been missing to deep clean the kitchen while I waited for dinner to cook in the oven. I've been really good on my food lately and I am really proud of that, since that is usually where my problem is, not eating healthy and on top of that, eating more than 1 portion/meal. but i think since i've been sticking to 1 portion (sometimes 1/2 a portion) i have found that with that and drinking a bottle of water during the meal i dont eat as much and feel full, so i dont overeat like usual. it's a huge deal...and now it doesnt take those 'american super size' portions to fill me up. .5 to 1 portion of each food at a meal and i am full...when i first started watching my calories, i was SHOCKED to find that i was eating over 2000 calories/day....it's no wonder i gained the weight....but since i have gotten back on track food wise, and started back to my exercise (which i missed very much)...i can stay within 1200-1400 calories (depending on if we have a bbq/cookout going that night) and i feel more full with the fewer calories, because i am making those calories count and not eating as much 'empty' calories foods. i'm slowly learning what works for me...and can now feel better when eating 1200-1300 calories a day than when I was eating over 2000 calories a day.
well...i'm off to bath kids and get them to bed and finish cleaning the downstairs. I have so much energy still, and i did my workouts before lunchtime. I have missed my energy level since i havent been working out....glad i'm getting back on track with everything and doing things that are healthier for me and my family. Hubby will be so proud when he gets home in late Sept at the changes I have made, and KEPT up with. I'm siked!!
Oh, sorry this got so long....but i'm just so happy with what i have accomplished today! and have the energy to type it all out, instead of feeling like i'll pass out any minute.

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-08-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:09 AM   #187  
Takin' charge of my life!

Hello ladies!! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been in one of those funks that I am so desperately trying to get out of.

I have started swimming again! I am enjoying it immensely.

I have not been to boot camp for over a month, but that will change. Of course they are going to be on vacation for two weeks but are going to have a replacement during that time. We will see if I make it during those two weeks at all. I need to buy a new pass though and need to do that before they head out of town. Not sure if that's going to happen though.

I decided that I am going to be starting Weight Watchers @ work. We have a new session starting soon. Informational meeting is this coming Wednesday.

I am in desperation mode as we are leaving for Phoenix on October 16th (which is also hubby's 29th bday) to attend a wedding. I am hoping to be down 30 pounds by then but don't think that will happen. I am going to try my hardest though.

okay, I am going to get to bed as I am aiming to make it to the gym tomorrow before I take my car into get repaired. Nevermind the fact that I didn't get out of the pool until 10:30 tonight and it is now after midnight. Woops. Need to get my beauty sleep.

Hope everyone is doing well. I know I've said this before, but I promise to read the thread and do personals. Night all!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 192.8/152.2/137

Height: 5'3"

Andi - Phoenix in October is GREAT! The weather is lovely and there is so much to do outdoors. You'll love it!

I just posted my last weight in the weigh in thread. I'm feeling a little sad because the challenge is over but I'm going to try to enjoy it as much as I can while we still are all chatty and then to look forward to the next one. GO RED! I was looking through all the other posts of weight losses in our Red Team Weigh in thread and we have some REAL losers! We're awesome! Here's hoping I'm a Red-er again next time.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #189  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
As the manager if he had someone who wanted to job he shouldn't be advertising for it then. I'd totally take it personally, I'd like to think I had the cajones to ask him why he didn't want me to work there too...but sadly I doubt I would LOL! Who wants to work for shallow hal anyway right! LOL! Although they are missing an amazing opportunity of a success story right there at the front desk! Their loss!

Mel, I DID take it personally as it was happening, that's for sure! And I DID ask him why he didn't want me to work there and thats where the stuff came up about how it was "only" counter help, and when I questioned duties thats where the, "uhhh you'll be bored" attitude came into play. He is the first person I've ever had contact with in there, and he has trained me 4 times. FOUR!!! I laughed at him when he was saying the stuff about I'd be bored, that it was 'only' counter help, because the first words on the signage says, "looking for energetic outgoing people"....... ummmm, ok?? Then to tell me that I would be bored or it's not enough of a job for me?? Whatever! My motives for working there were purely selfish anyways, I just wanted to pay less for training! LOL It definitely wasn't to help anyone out! I'm totally over it, and I figure this is something I can continue to give him heck over everytime I see him. Thank you, I thought too I coulda/woulda been a good transformation story, however, I'm all about making MY OWN story anyways, so no worries woman!

Last edited by Sugar-N-Spice; 08-09-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #190  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Mandey, thanks for the support! I am definitely excited to use this experience to fuel myself for results! Good work getting that exercise in today! I know how hard it is to begin again, yesterday was my first day back to workouts in 2 weeks and it kicked my hiney! Baby steps and you'll be back into your groove, I just know it! You can do it!

Andi, you're such a busy girl these days! Kelly's right, AZ in Oct is nice. At least you wont have too much of the scorching sun on you. LOL It will still be warm but not over 100 like now. IMO sweets, I don't think you need to put a specific goal for this trip. I think it's only going to hinder you, look at how far you've come already!!!!! I say, day-by-day, step-by-step, just do your best and see where you land. Personally this is working better for me and I would hate to see you upset if you don't reach that certain number!

Alrighty, finished up breakky and now I'm headed to the gym!! I hope todays workout is easier than yesterday. I was dying, how quickly my body started reversing to my old ways! So quick!

Make today a great day ladies, you deserve it!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #191  

Jen - I think this challenge, for me at least, is more than just the numbers on the scale. I feel bad for the team when I gain, but never feel anything bad when someone else on here gains. It's more of a support for me than an actual challenge...as far as the numbers are concerned. If being in this challenge is the support you need then I say sign up again! Maybe you haven't lost during these challenges but maybe you haven't gained like you would have if you weren't here. It's about support from people who have the same struggles. Don't let your past performance dictate whether you resign. If you need to be here then we'd love to have you!

Shelby - every little bit counts! It's hard to not be at the goal you've set when you started, but progress is progress! 17 pounds is great progress!

Lonnie - I've never been much of a reader but lately I've been reading more and enjoying it. It does keep your mind off the snacking...especially if it's one that you can't put down!

Mandey - good luck on quitting smoking

Danielle -I agree that you can use that dipwad at the gym as motivation. You can do this....you have been doing this. Get back on track and show them!

Kelly - I'd love to be able to gym it up twice a day too. I hope the new fitness center will help you out!

Hi Joyce - have a great day!

Heather - OMG! 6 pounds is nothing compared to the 28. That's awesome! You should be very proud of yourself! Way to go! Starting the next challenge with a 1 is SO doable!

Andi - I understand the funk...it's going around. It really helps me to have a goal like the upcoming wedding to get me back on track. You CAN do this. I've seen it in you before. You can do anything you put your mind to. Get back in the groove and the results will follow!

Roni - How ya doing gf? I had a binge weekend too. I'm ready to get back on the healthy train! Are you ready to join me?

Mel - Hi gf! How are things going for you?
Old 08-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #192  

Well, I've had a bad binge filled weekend so far. UGH! TOM inspired, I'm sure. I haven't weighed in yet, but I am anticipating taking my last freebie for the final week 'cause I have a feeling it's going to be an even bigger gain.

I just spent the afternoon with my BFF who I haven't seen in about a month. We have struggled together with our weight and how to lose for years. She found out her step-daughter is getting married in Oct and has decided it's time to start counting calories to get to a smaller size before then. We have resisted counting calories in the past because it has just seemed so overwhelming. She has an energy about her that is contagious, so I have committed to giving calorie counting a try...along with the other concepts I am currently using. I'm anxious to see how it goes.

I have a lot of research to do! I really want to find my motivation again! Take Care!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 PM   #193  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

well i just finished my workoutS... did the 4 FAST Miles Walk Slim WATP and the 1 mile Express WATP (with Firm Band). burned 455 calories in 69 minutes yippee!! I've been maintainin 135 for the last few days, and hope staying OP and my workouts jump start this platau (sp?) I am at...and hope to report a lose on Monday morning for my final weigh in.

Today was my first day not smoking, I'm on the patch now (although I don't feel any different)...And I have spent my entire day cleaning house (getting organized and throwing away and recycling what I can and selling what I can too)....and exercising to focus my energy on better things. getting my house and body in order to be the better me that I know I can be. I really havent thought about my hourly breaks I used to take outside. If the thought did come to mind for a brief second, I would just find something else to clean or throw out...or I started a workout. I feel great! And my house is looking a lot better now. Now I feel like my body and house can look as good as I feel inside now. I have just started this journey (not smoking) and restarting another journey (workouts and weight loss).
I CAN do this! I know that now...I was unsure before this day came...but today proved it to me, that I CAN conquer this demon (cancer causing habit that I'm kicking for good) in my life.

I just did a Tummy Trimmers workout on ExerciseTV OnDemand, by Kathy Smith. It was only 10 minutes (kinda like standing ab work meets aerobics). I had a blast and could feel it working right away...my legs are a little sore from the wlaking workouts earlier, but will sleep well tonight knowing i got in 79 minutes of exercise and burned 515 calories. I did eat over my limit, but maybe that was my body trying to make up for all the calories i burned that its not used to using...yet we'll see how the scale and measuring tape like me in the morning...night.

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-10-2008 at 01:06 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #194  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

Alright...I've been thinking lately....And looking at my ticker and knowing I'm already at least a pound down, but hoping for more....I couldn't have done this without yall! The support and motivation has helped me A LOT! Having a WHOLE team to stay accountable to and to help out each week in the losses (of lbs)...I have gained many friends here and I would miss yall....so I have signed back up for the next challenge, and requested to keep my REDs!! Only 2 more days...I'm gonna miss yall for those few weeks...gonna have to find a way to stay accountable till the next challenge starts...
I never knew losing weight could be this much fun lol

Last edited by ArmyWife02; 08-09-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 AM   #195  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I saw Glitterlicious post this on the Black team and thought it was a pretty good little survey to sum up this challenge for you. Ill be back in a little bit to answer it myself.

Starting weight:
Challenge goal weight:
Final Weight:
Total weight loss:
Starting size:
Challenge goal size:
Final size:

Finish the sentence:

The reason I joined this challenge was...

The biggest obstacle I encountered during this challenge was...

I overcame it by...

My moment of biggest triumph was when...

A healthy food/ recipe that I discovered I liked during this challenge was...

My favourite way to exercise during the challenge was...

One thing I love about the RED team is that...

If I could do this challenge all over I again, one change I would have made would have been...

My advice to people in future TBL challenges is...

One thing I learned about myself from this challenge is...

The next step in my weight loss path is...

Last edited by Diva; 08-10-2008 at 07:19 AM. Reason: :o)